WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Looking for some info. ?

mjc

Retired Neighbor
Reaction score
I have driven a lot thru that area looking for a place to retire. Just about anything up on the Mogollon rim in nice.

milkmoney

Reaction score
Yea... I don't know what the hell in doing. Changes weekly. [emoji53]

Lol. Glad I am only dealing with one state.
I told my wife we an live anywhere and she said. We'll probably should go out by ur friends and the river. I said well the river yes.
Then I get. As long as we have property there like we do here. No problem. Wish she would of said this 2 years ago.
Lord. Why me [emoji202][emoji106]

Wheeler

I'm just here to bitch about others negativity.😁
Reaction score
Lol. Glad I am only dealing with one state.
I told my wife we an live anywhere and she said. We'll probably should go out by ur friends and the river. I said well the river yes.
Then I get. As long as we have property there like we do here. No problem. Wish she would of said this 2 years ago.
Lord. Why me [emoji202][emoji106]

You must be jumping for joy! :D

attachment-1.jpg

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
My buddy camps up in williams alot and offroads. Looks amazing, i think it gets pretty damn cold though in winter

milkmoney

Reaction score
My buddy camps up in williams alot and offroads. Looks amazing, i think it gets pretty damn cold though in winter

I think Williams is out. Wife jus liked how small the town was.
I think it's between Prescott and payson area.
We r definitely downsizing, probably only 2 horses, 20 chickens, 1 goose, 1 duck and two dogs and will have 1 show steer for Emmie for FFA, wife says 5 acres is good enough.
As schedule to do this. We will only have one left in the house with 3 years of high school left. Then we can travel more.
Thanks for all the help so far. [emoji106][emoji106]

5oclocksomewhere

Reaction score
We just moved to Prescott Valley Sept 1st. We have 2 acres (horse property). We love it here. The town of Prescott itself you would be a little hard pressed to find acreage. I would say look in Prescott Valley, Chino Valley, Paulden & Dewey in that order. These are all basically subdivisions of Prescott and are all ranch friendly. I'm not an expert but if I help in anyway just PM me and I can give you my #.

View out my front door
image.jpg image.jpg

McRib

aka HWlaser23, "B" team member
Reaction score
have you considered st george?? it's population is about 50k more than Prescott. u could live in the outskirts and have bigger city life close by but still outta sight. 4 seasons, a lil further from the river but I'd bet land and housing is cheaper.

milkmoney

Reaction score
We just moved to Prescott Valley Sept 1st. We have 2 acres (horse property). We love it here. The town of Prescott itself you would be a little hard pressed to find acreage. I would say look in Prescott Valley, Chino Valley, Paulden & Dewey in that order. These are all basically subdivisions of Prescott and are all ranch friendly. I'm not an expert but if I help in anyway just PM me and I can give you my #.

View out my front door
View attachment 450060 View attachment 450059

Thanks for the info. May hit ya up after the first of the year. I think we r jus wanting about 5 acres, we want to down size a lot. Get ready for full retirement ( hopefully) [emoji2]
I think we will be making a trip out there in April to look around.
I have looked on the Internet and found a few places, that fit the bill. Jus not real familiar with the area as far as locations the ads describe.
Thanks again. [emoji106][emoji202]

milkmoney

Reaction score
have you considered st george?? it's population is about 50k more than Prescott. u could live in the outskirts and have bigger city life close by but still outta sight. 4 seasons, a lil further from the river but I'd bet land and housing is cheaper.

I like St George a lot. Very nice area. I have not looked at prices , but seems to be a expensive looking area. Also it is wrong location , have to go through Vegas to get to river , Cali etc, and we all know what a zoo that traffic is.

My wife was looking at page, az. And said look property and you have this big lake there. She has no clue what Powell is about. Then she said , jus take that river from there to Parker. Lol. [emoji2]
Thanks for the thought [emoji106]

milkmoney

Reaction score
Heck if I had my way , I would buy in the keys and be done. We need place for horses and still have one in high school. [emoji41]

This married life with two step daughters is overrated. Kinda like growing up [emoji202][emoji106]

Stainless

Banned
Reaction score
My wife was looking at page, az. And said look property and you have this big lake there. She has no clue what Powell is about. Then she said , jus take that river from there to Parker. Lol. [emoji2]

Lmao [emoji23]

musicFunsun

I Love BoBo!!!
Reaction score
Lived in Chino Valley then Paulden, had 5 acres 2 1/2 miles off of highway 89 on Gunsite Rd.
25 miles north of Prescott. Lots of parcels for sale in that area. It was beautiful. Zoned for
Animals. Cold for a So Cal girl in the winter but summers were just right. Only 2 hours to
Bullhead City.

milkmoney

Reaction score
Lived in Chino Valley then Paulden, had 5 acres 2 1/2 miles off of highway 89 on Gunsite Rd.
25 miles north of Prescott. Lots of parcels for sale in that area. It was beautiful. Zoned for
Animals. Cold for a So Cal girl in the winter but summers were just right. Only 2 hours to
Bullhead City.

Why thank you hot stuff. I appreciate that info. Once settle you guys can come visit
Hope is all well with you [emoji106][emoji202]

DLow

Single Barrel Dweller
Reaction score
I have spent a lot of time in Prescott, Prescott Valley, Dewey, and recently Payson. Prescott has the largest resources in town, but there is just something about the area around Payson I like. You really can't go wrong with any of the areas, and you should be able to find exactly what you are looking for.

Joker

Reaction score
Williams will soon be home to the next six flags amusement park. They have been buying up property for the past few years there.

milkmoney

Reaction score
I have spent a lot of time in Prescott, Prescott Valley, Dewey, and recently Payson. Prescott has the largest resources in town, but there is just something about the area around Payson I like. You really can't go wrong with any of the areas, and you should be able to find exactly what you are looking for.

I really like payson area for what I see on the Internet. It will probably be payson or Prescott. As of now.
Thanks for the opinion. [emoji106][emoji106][emoji202]

milkmoney

Reaction score
Williams will soon be home to the next six flags amusement park. They have been buying up property for the past few years there.

Have already ruled out Williams.

milkmoney

Reaction score
Lol I had assclown bump this cause I couldn't find it. I know I know. [emoji41][emoji12]

Anyways: we are looking very hard at the payson, Az area... In fact we will be out there looking around and at houses from March 17th through the 20th....

Looking for any info and or referrals for real estate or what to or what not to do. The normal stuff

Also looking for info on Roosevelt lake. Looks like it is right there in the back yard [emoji202][emoji106]

Thanks [emoji202]

milkmoney

Reaction score
Let me add we are now in crunch time. Our place in Oklahoma goes on the market Wednesday and we have moved the timeline up 1 year, which means as soon as school is done for this year ( in May sometime) we are moving west [emoji106][emoji202]

squirtnmyload

now its recording
Reaction score
260 cafe and Buffalo Bar are must stops for food. Roll in to Pine and stop at Sidewinders Saloon and then go in the grocery store next door. THE BEST bakery i can think of. The Sportsmans bar in Strawberry is pretty good also and the owner is a Lake Pleasant boater.

We almost moved to Payson years ago, but we ended up in Pinetop instead. My brother lived there for a year and had enough and left.

We looked in Chaparral Pines and otherwise mostly outside of Payson with more land. Star Valley, Pine, Strawberry, Tonto Village, and anything private along Control Road. I can't even remember the realtor who we were talking to but i'd imaging anyone will be dialed in as it is not a very big area.

milkmoney

Reaction score
260 cafe and Buffalo Bar are must stops for food. Roll in to Pine and stop at Sidewinders Saloon and then go in the grocery store next door. THE BEST bakery i can think of. The Sportsmans bar in Strawberry is pretty good also and the owner is a Lake Pleasant boater.

We almost moved to Payson years ago, but we ended up in Pinetop instead. My brother lived there for a year and had enough and left.

We looked in Chaparral Pines and otherwise mostly outside of Payson with more land. Star Valley, Pine, Strawberry, Tonto Village, and anything private along Control Road. I can't even remember the realtor who we were talking to but i'd imaging anyone will be dialed in as it is not a very big area.

Thanks B. What do you mean ur brother had enough. Him or the area ???

I will add that if inmates there that weekend, I will buy a couple rounds at the watering hole [emoji202][emoji106]

copterzach

Reaction score
Let me add we are now in crunch time. Our place in Oklahoma goes on the market Wednesday and we have moved the timeline up 1 year, which means as soon as school is done for this year ( in May sometime) we are moving west [emoji106][emoji202]

Just move to Tx already.

milkmoney

Reaction score
We found a place in star valley we really like , at least from the pics [emoji106]

squirtnmyload

now its recording
Reaction score
Roosevelt lake can get nasty with a quickness. Its a very big lake and the wind rolls through there like a freight train. Personally i would put Apache Lake on top of the list, but its just a bitch towing in there. They do have a marina so ballers like you could just keep yore boat there :D

squirtnmyload

now its recording
Reaction score
Thanks B. What do you mean ur brother had enough. Him or the area ???

I will add that if inmates there that weekend, I will buy a couple rounds at the watering hole [emoji202][emoji106]

He is a bit younger and said everyone he met his age either had 5 kids or was doing drugs.

milkmoney

Reaction score
Roosevelt lake can get nasty with a quickness. Its a very big lake and the wind rolls through there like a freight train. Personally i would put Apache Lake on top of the list, but its just a bitch towing in there. They do have a marina so ballers like you could just keep yore boat there :D

Ok so for Roosevelt u need a big water boat.

Apache noted.

No baller= no boat [emoji41]

squirtnmyload

now its recording
Reaction score
And be warned, Payson gets extremely busy on summer weekends. Traffic can be backed up for miles and miles with all the flatlanders escaping the hell that is Feenix.

Reaction score
Way to close for
Comfort. Move to Winslow or window rock. Although Petes place in star valley has awesome burgers.

milkmoney

Reaction score
Way to close for
Comfort. Move to Winslow or window rock. Although Petes place in star valley has awesome burgers.

Don't worry. Only way I will be close to you is passing through to the river or headed to the airport. [emoji202]

Actually there is a place in star vally that we like. [emoji106][emoji2]

YoPengo

Inmate #47
Reaction score
Don't worry. Only way I will be close to you is passing through to the river or headed to the airport. [emoji202]

Actually there is a place in star vally that we like. [emoji106][emoji2]

Just buy in the Prescott area... That way... In a year you can tell me if you like it. :D

milkmoney

Reaction score
Just buy in the Prescott area... That way... In a year you can tell me if you like it. :D

Lol. Prescott is nice. My wife is all excited about payson , we r making a 3 day run out there in a few weeks.

We will be searching the Prescott area when we head back after DS. Taking a couple extra days to see some homes and the sights. [emoji202][emoji41]

milkmoney

Reaction score
Update. Great news. My options have opened up. We will not be moving with animals. Jus two dogs.

Wife said sell all the farm animals and if we want to get more we can at a later time.

It's very hard to travel a long distance with two 1200 lb animals. [emoji202]

ductape1000

Here.
Reaction score
Update. Great news. My options have opened up. We will not be moving with animals. Jus two dogs.

Wife said sell all the farm animals and if we want to get more we can at a later time.

It's very hard to travel a long distance with two 1200 lb animals. [emoji202]
Cool. Now just sell the kids and you will be golden!!
[emoji13] [emoji13]

milkmoney

Reaction score
Cool. Now just sell the kids and you will be golden!!
[emoji13] [emoji13]

Hey. One has a year left and she is off to college and then the other one has 4 years of high school and then she gets my size nine in her ass straight out the door.

4 years ain't nothing. Although I am to old for this shit. What was I thinking. [emoji12][emoji202]