WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Looking for the 2014 Rules....

War Canoe

Stainless Member
Reaction score
6 months after we were promised the 2014 rules...

Maybe we will get some answers this month. I won't hold my breath :moon:

Outdrive1

Outdrive1 Marine Sales https://www.outdrive1.com/
Reaction score
I think you're lucky Dave put it on last year. I think he is starting to believe it's not worth his time and energy for all the frustration it causes.

Feel free to organize and promote a race yourself though. :thumbsup:

War Canoe

Stainless Member
Reaction score
WC 2013.jpg
I think you're lucky Dave put it on last year. I think he is starting to believe it's not worth his time and energy for all the frustration it causes.

Feel free to organize and promote a race yourself though. :thumbsup:

Ir was such a cluster fuck the year we won it, we didn't even race in 2013... We stayed home and did some real boating.

Glad that Dave took over , though... He put on a respectable race from what I heard. At least it was transparent. :thumbup:

If I did organize a race, it would be in the Delta ... a far more challenging course, and it would be 500 miles. :hotdevil

Come and see the course sometime ... You might give up the river forever.

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
Whoever Mr Schatz is.......Any relation to the Schatz brothers that lived in the Monterey Bay area? If so....PM me

Rage28

Reaction score
Ok guys and gals, I am working on the completion of the 2014 Rules the basic over view is this.

Div. 1 Will be a bracket class this year and open to Inboards, Outboards, I/O's and Jets. No turbo chargers or blowers. The bracket time with be 11 minutes. You run 10:59 bam penalty.

Div. 2 No changes still a 2.0 outboard class at this time not under COR rules.

Div. 3 Still V-drive class. Motor can be up to 540 cid naturally aspirated. If you want to run a blower, or turbo charger you are going to Div. 6 that includes turbo charged diesel.

Div. 4 The same as last year just going to be more defied as IWSRA rules.

Div. 5 Still working on the final set. I will say that we are going to allow a few more engine combination and the Green engine package will be getting some help.

Div. 6 No changes from last year in the boat or engine rules.

Div. 7 Still working on the rules and adding a few more combination to help the growth of the division. The Nordic rules of last year will remain basically the same.

The final set of rules should be published in the next few weeks.

Scott

Hammer

Reaction score
Ok guys and gals, I am working on the completion of the 2014 Rules the basic over view is this.

Div. 1 Will be a bracket class this year and open to Inboards, Outboards, I/O's and Jets. No turbo chargers or blowers. The bracket time with be 11 minutes. You run 10:59 bam penalty.

Div. 2 No changes still a 2.0 outboard class at this time not under COR rules.

Div. 3 Still V-drive class. Motor can be up to 540 cid naturally aspirated. If you want to run a blower, or turbo charger you are going to Div. 6 that includes turbo charged diesel.

Div. 4 The same as last year just going to be more defied as IWSRA rules.

Div. 5 Still working on the final set. I will say that we are going to allow a few more engine combination and the Green engine package will be getting some help.

Div. 6 No changes from last year in the boat or engine rules.

Div. 7 Still working on the rules and adding a few more combination to help the growth of the division. The Nordic rules of last year will remain basically the same.

The final set of rules should be published in the next few weeks.

Scott

Thank you Scott.

Reaction score
So div 4 when will the specs be out?

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
So div 4 when will the specs be out?

He just said they will be the same but defined as the IWSRA rules. In short I would expect a carbon copy of the IWSRA rules.

RD

Reaction score
He just said they will be the same but defined as the IWSRA rules. In short I would expect a carbon copy of the IWSRA rules.

RD

So no rules bring and build what you want.

Crazyhippy

Haters gonna Hate
Reaction score
138's angst may be due to the recent IWSRA ruling on a worlds violation. Someone was caught using a modified motor, and got away with it on a rules technicality...

overpriced hallet

Reaction score
Huh and I wonder y no gn's race this deal! Kinda sounds like the ring leader has a major boner for not including the gn's. Way to fuck up a whole division in my opinion. This is far from a run what u bring deal! More like a who has the most money will have a better chance of winning deal. Anyhow not trying to talk shit whine or what have you but I personally can say I don't think this race will succeed without a new outlook.

poundsand

Reaction score
hey breakdown are u all done testing?????? is that pile ready to run 300 miles im guessing no since u don't hold enough fuel to go a 100 miles before pit stops (e85) that's ok its just a river boat at parker just like all the other boats that never race!!!!

overpriced hallet

Reaction score
hey breakdown are u all done testing?????? is that pile ready to run 300 miles im guessing no since u don't hold enough fuel to go a 100 miles before pit stops (e85) that's ok its just a river boat at parker just like all the other boats that never race!!!!
Don't worry about my creamy dream bitch, just jump on the rest of the hater bandwagon and go race this weed whacker deal. I have no class to run how about u douche bag? Or are u gonna build a Lego boat where u slap an outboard on something and call it a race boat? And while ur at it why don't u go pound some sand! Who the fuck r u anyhow? R u one of the nutswingin homos that's just a keyboard queer! :bang:

poundsand

Reaction score
listen up son! I have more miles on the launch ramp then you do racing, that's a FACT, second of all if I was a nut swinger I would probably tell u that I have a schiada that runs 118 all day long up and down the parker strip!!!! im going to race in oct. just waiting to see if it will actually happen before I spend the money on a new engine so I can fit into a class, if u need more info breakdown feel free to pm! until then poundsand

overpriced hallet

Reaction score
listen up son! I have more miles on the launch ramp then you do racing, that's a FACT, second of all if I was a nut swinger I would probably tell u that I have a schiada that runs 118 all day long up and down the parker strip!!!! im going to race in oct. just waiting to see if it will actually happen before I spend the money on a new engine so I can fit into a class, if u need more info breakdown feel free to pm! until then poundsand

Look here u racer chaser boat ramp trailer catching fag the only reason u have more time on the launch ramp than me is because I generally like to spend my time in a boat on the water rather than being a cum catching boat bouy! So until u can back ur diarrhea of the mouth up. I don't wanna hear ur opinion u homo! image.jpg :violin:

poundsand

Reaction score
The best thing in that picture is the mike Kuhl blower (is it for sale)? 3rd place who got first and second.....? If u ain't first you r last

overpriced hallet

Reaction score
The best thing in that picture is the mike Kuhl blower (is it for sale)? 3rd place who got first and second.....? If u ain't first you r last

Look here penis pounder, I'm pretty sure ur weed whacker couldn't handle that kinda equipment! Besides u should stick to how to tune up a evincrude or go back to pounding ur Johnson u palm player. As far as first that year I'm pretty sure it was an old prune looking dude that is highly abused by those little Armenian slave drivers that I believe to be the spokesman for life alert. The second place was a Mandela with a Carson motor. So until u can build a boat from scratch from start to finish in 1 year and race it with that success I would suggest u stay at the launch ramp where u belong so we can use u for some traction as the launch ramp gets pretty slippery at times.:finger

poundsand

Reaction score
Well after talking to the wife (apparently all boat racers do this before they make a decision) we decided to go to berts mega mall on Sunday and buy the new seadoo boat and run the bracket class !!!!! I can't afford the big horsepower that you have in that gn! Shit I might even rent the boat for that weekend! If u want some side action chump I will put up 500 says that I finish higher in my class then you!!!!!!!!!! (Better ask your wife)

overpriced hallet

Reaction score
Hey quarter pounder flounder come pick up this prize and race it in division 1. U'll probably have a better chance of finishing u puss!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 119
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 117

War Canoe

Stainless Member
Reaction score
Hey quarter pounder flounder come pick up this prize and race it in division 1. U'll probably have a better chance of finishing u puss!

you are killin' me !! :D

Careful, we Outboarders are sensitive !

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 123

AzDesertRacer

Reaction score
Division 1 is now a bracket class open to all aspirated power configurations, awesome! 11 minute minimum lap times, OK. So, if we have a 12 mile race course that works out to about a 64 MPH average lap speed? Hmm, seems a little slow? That makes my bone stock outboard about 20 MPH too fast, bummer. I ques I could run my pontoon boat or Waverunner. Hey, my Buddy has one of those metal flake Bass boat. No wait, that fishing boat is way too scary fast too. Crap, going to have to think about this.

SG

CampbellCarl

Reaction score

CampbellCarl Racing expresses sincere interest in this fine racing vessel. When and where can this Enduro winner be viewed and purchased?

:D

AzDesertRacer

Reaction score
Division 1 is now a bracket class open to all aspirated power configurations, awesome! 11 minute minimum lap times, OK. So, if we have a 12 mile race course that works out to about a 64 MPH average lap speed? Hmm, seems a little slow? That makes my bone stock outboard about 20 MPH too fast, bummer. I ques I could run my pontoon boat or Waverunner. Hey, my Buddy has one of those metal flake Bass boat. No wait, that fishing boat is way too scary fast too. Crap, going to have to think about this.

SG

OK, I have been pondering this division 1 Bracket. I honestly believe this will be a big class. To average 64 MPH you need a boat that runs about 75-80 MPH.
That covers a very large number of boats with aspirated car engines. My apologies to the the decision makers for questioning this, I really think you nailed it.
I already know of friend with 500" jet that will be entering for the first time because of this new "Bracket" class.

SG

poundsand

Reaction score
or you can have a faster boat with a racepack to time your laps and go as fast as you want and when you get the finish line shut the boat off run the valves and cross the line at 11 minute mark

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Huh and I wonder y no gn's race this deal! Kinda sounds like the ring leader has a major boner for not including the gn's. Way to fuck up a whole division in my opinion. This is far from a run what u bring deal! More like a who has the most money will have a better chance of winning deal. Anyhow not trying to talk shit whine or what have you but I personally can say I don't think this race will succeed without a new outlook.

I have no class to run

It would seem to me that you would be in Div 6? Why do you say you have no class to run?

RD

AzDesertRacer

Reaction score
or you can have a faster boat with a racepack to time your laps and go as fast as you want and when you get the finish line shut the boat off run the valves and cross the line at 11 minute mark

And with out doubt, that will be part of a the game plan for some as witnessed last year in the Ski Race class. One guy was literally parking his boat before the finish line turn. If that became an epidemic, we may need a minimum speed limit in the finish line area or the whole course so the time keepers can't come to a complete stop and create a hazard. I would have issues with a guy intentionally coming off and on plane in the finish line straight every lap throwing a big wake in front of me while I'm coming in at a buck. It's going to be interesting.

SG

OCM

Reaction score
I kinda of liked it!!! Great time!

Tim
Ocm

OCM

Reaction score
yellow and black with just one seat!

Tim
OCM

overpriced hallet

Reaction score
It would seem to me that you would be in Div 6? Why do you say you have no class to run?

RD

So let me get this straight. U think in all fairness that a legal gn boat should be able to run for the longevity of a unlimited cubic inch turbo deal sustaining the same speeds? When we have cubic inch handicap and blower overdrive restrictions. Or u suggesting if we want to run your race we all have to step up and build new motors for this one race a year if we wanna continue to participate in a race that was already up and running with about half as many boats as u had in ur entire race? Just a question. And keep the same lap times as them?

poundsand

Reaction score
You might have a problem with the boats coming off plane and back on but anytime you put a speed limit on a race that will happen i didn't write the rules just trying to find the best class to run oh by the way how safe will it be when Randy Davis is going 50 mph faster then the little div 1 boat just saying

tstone

Reaction score
Last year was our first time to run the enduro and I was a little worried about staying out of the way of some of the faster boats. In all honesty it's easier when you pass or get passed with a large speed difference. The challenging passes, requiring the tightest racing, are when you are running close to the same speed.

Crazyhippy

Haters gonna Hate
Reaction score
You might have a problem with the boats coming off plane and back on but anytime you put a speed limit on a race that will happen i didn't write the rules just trying to find the best class to run oh by the way how safe will it be when Randy Davis is going 50 mph faster then the little div 1 boat just saying

I have been in the water when Randy went by on the throttle... My stationary helmet in the water, boat off plane (with 180' of rope hanging off the back) ski, etc were NEVER in danger. The guys that are running the "big boats" are very aware of the closing rates, and are one hell of a lot more alert than 99% of the boaters out there.

Beyond that, it is a really wide open course. The stock car BS that goes on at Martinsville (or Marine stadium) doesn't happen with a bit of fighting room.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
So let me get this straight. U think in all fairness that a legal gn boat should be able to run for the longevity of a unlimited cubic inch turbo deal sustaining the same speeds? When we have cubic inch handicap and blower overdrive restrictions. Or u suggesting if we want to run your race we all have to step up and build new motors for this one race a year if we wanna continue to participate in a race that was already up and running with about half as many boats as u had in ur entire race? Just a question. And keep the same lap times as them?

Overpriced Hallet, here's what I could say.. I'm not up on all the politics and the BS (and believe me I'm quite sure there's a lot of it). What I do know is it's an Endurance race, so I'd start with the idea that finishing would be a basic requirement to winning.

RD

420HOA

FIRM MEMBER
Reaction score
Overpriced Hallet, here's what I could say.. I'm not up on all the politics and the BS (and believe me I'm quite sure there's a lot of it). What I do know is it's an Endurance race, so I'd start with the idea that finishing would be a basic requirement to winning.

RD

:thumbup::D:thumbup:

overpriced hallet

Reaction score

RD
Yeah I'm pretty sure I've done that a few times... So what's ur point exactly??? image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg
:thumbup::D:thumbup:

And how was your result? This was mine for a brand new boat. ;)
image.jpg image.jpg

poundsand

Reaction score
so its fair to say a boat that runs 100-105 should run with boats that run 115???? If you were racing (dave) and read the rules do you think this sounds fair??? also doesn't make sense that gary and Teague have to give a head start to the outboards, the outboards had the same lap times last year if not faster, kinda hard to catch a boat that is faster. if anyone who plans on racing can post your boat and div it would surely help us determine if we will race thank you all

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
so its fair to say a boat that runs 100-105 should run with boats that run 115???? If you were racing (dave) and read the rules do you think this sounds fair??? also doesn't make sense that gary and Teague have to give a head start to the outboards, the outboards had the same lap times last year if not faster, kinda hard to catch a boat that is faster. if anyone who plans on racing can post your boat and div it would surely help us determine if we will race thank you all

Scott has all the qualifying and lap times from last year. I'm quite sure if adjustments need to be made he will make them before the race, and factor in this years qualifying times as well.

As for fair, what I think is fair is pretty moot in the grand scheme of things. Since you asked though given the opportunity to do what I want with no repercussions, I'd trash the entire handicap system and let the overall winner be, the overall winner, and focus on class wins. It sounded to me like nobody wanted to do that when I suggested it originally (nor do they want to do it now from what I gather). In the interest of "fair" though that's ultimately what I think would be fair.

That all being said to address the question of fair in this instance yes it is fair. (WHOAAA... Hold up a second did he just say that?) The Enduro isn't a points race. You can enter almost any kind of boat you want and it will fit in one of the seven divisions. SuperCharged and Turbocharged V-Drives fall in Div 6. It really is as simple as that. To make the point even further, if overpriced Hallett entered his boat I'd give him better then even odds on finishing the race which would've put him as # 1 last year. (If the handicaps need adjusting as mentioned above, potentially a podium overall as well?)

Now we could talk about this class of boats.. These boats race at other APBA events.. And why don't we have a separate class for these boats, and it isn't fair and all these things under the sun..

Or... We could just realize The Enduro is a "good time race," It isn't a point race, and supercharged and turbo'd v-drives fall in Div 6. It's an Endurance race, and statistically speaking, finishing it would be far more important to a podium then front running in that class. So while there might be a slight mph difference to a boat that might be legal to race in other races. This isn't other races, This is the Parker Enduro. Not every boat is going to fit their class perfectly, that's part of what makes it a fun race to watch and race in. You get to race against guys you normally wouldn't get to race against.

I have a meeting with the Casino the second week of august. Shortly after that the race will be sanctioned, and registrations will be open. I will talk to Scott about publishing all the names of the entries.. I'd imagine this being the second year neither him nor the racers would have a problem with it. :)

If you are on the fence about running, my suggestion would be to give it a shot.. The worst that's going to happen is you're going to have a hell of a good time, and get to run a historic course with a lot of other guys having a hell of a good time. ;)

RD

poundsand

Reaction score
thank you for your fast response, I would like to say that the 3 boats we were going race will no longer be there!!!!! we have finished the race numerous of times and won our class as well..... if there is not a fair shot at the overall we will not be racing good luck to the 25 boats this year

TEAGUE CUSTOM MARINE

Reaction score

We will be there, racing Division 6 as usual. Yes that would be one division behind the fastest outboards. We dont have a problem chasing them down, as our lap times are faster, as proven on the racecourse and during qualifying. In fact, the only boat that qualified faster than ours was the Nordic, so I believe we are in the exactly the correct handicap position. That being said, there are many issues that face someone trying to run a 1980's era race vehicle with modern power hard for 300 miles, but you cant quantify "reliability" through any other objective measure besides lap times and past finishing performance. I believe Dave and Scott have done an excellent job of creating a handicap setup that reflects the hard evidence of past performance by many different boats and teams in the different divisions. So as to the subject of mod outboard vs. unlimited V Drive, we can run similar top end speeds, but we are better in rough water, and I can put about 15 boat lengths on them exiting corners with sheer acceleration. That adds up to us being faster around a live racecourse, so we should start behind them. Acting like we should get thrown a bone for bringing a Blown BBC to this gunfight is rediculous. Although they are naturally more reliable, the outboard boys are running the absolute DOGSHIT out of their stuff just like we are... becuase this is a RACE... and that is what you have do to win. Bowden and the War Canoe boys have had bizarre mechanical failures, overloaded systems, and field repairs over the years, which have resulted in disappointing finishes, as well as runs to podium finishes and victory... Just the same as us!

Ultimately, I would like to do away with the handicap system just as Dave said. The OVERALL winner should be the boat that can run the fastest on the course while successfully lasting 336 miles. Boats that are in different divisions should race for the title of "fastest XXXX" instead of "I won the enduro because the mod outboards had more handicap this year and couldnt catch me." I really dont understand the satisfaction in that. I am confused as to why any potential racers of the enduro would NOT RACE because of a perception that they could not win the overall, when the class they want to race is 20 MPH off the top runners. Racing is about defeating other teams in heads up competition by building a faster, better, more robust vehicle than they can. Would you get all puffed up if you beat a better golfer due to your handicap? I mean, Ive never played golf but I wouldnt brag to my buddies at the bar about that.

On the subject of "at the bar"... Ive said this a few times about this race, including last year on the radio broadcast. At the end of the day, there are those who will find excuses NOT to race, and those who will find solutions in order to field a boat on the race course. Ive heard so much whining and bench racing about the handicap system and the outboards and the divisions and all these reasons why the enduro just isnt FAIR. Well we race EVERY YEAR, spending a lot of time and money breaking things trying to win, regardless of the percieved FAIRNESS of a subjective handicap system. This is because we WANT to race in the enduro and quite frankly, all we care about is being fastest V-Drive there... Because that is what I would brag about at the bar, on the forums, in the bedroom, etc.

Side note: If you want to run a GN legal V-Drive, the only way to be competitive is to build a naturally aspirated engine, in my opinion. Its a completely different sad subject why the GN rules are the way they are today, but the anemic roots blower high RPM 468 is not a "marathon" configuration... you are fighting a losing fuel and engine reliability battle. The strength of the blower motor is added torque for turn exit, and there is only one U turn per 6 miles here. On the rough short course in 2012, I raced the first leg and it was NASTY. I saw the 22, 44, and the american flag rayson lay down some bad ass laps with the 510 inch buzz box motors. We were only running 5-10 MPH faster in the straights... No way we could have caught up to the first two GN boats. If you have a blower motor V-Drive, gear it up and cruise it in division 6, or build more power into it and run hard. Either way, you will probably podium after Gary, Tub of Fools, Bloodshot, and us genade all our shit chasing eachother around. Take it for what its worth....

See you on the racecourse
John Teague

1396840_10153385360330710_138393242_o.jpg

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
thank you for your fast response, I would like to say that the 3 boats we were going race will no longer be there!!!!! we have finished the race numerous of times and won our class as well..... if there is not a fair shot at the overall we will not be racing good luck to the 25 boats this year

Well I'm sorry to hear that you won't be joining us. There are a lot of guys that are coming out so I'd expect the boat count to be up from 25 (which was actually 27-28 if memory serves from last year)

RD

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
We will be there, racing Division 6 as usual. Yes that would be one division behind the fastest outboards. We dont have a problem chasing them down, as our lap times are faster, as proven on the racecourse and during qualifying. In fact, the only boat that qualified faster than ours was the Nordic, so I believe we are in the exactly the correct handicap position. That being said, there are many issues that face someone trying to run a 1980's era race vehicle with modern power hard for 300 miles, but you cant quantify "reliability" through any other objective measure besides lap times and past finishing performance. I believe Dave and Scott have done an excellent job of creating a handicap setup that reflects the hard evidence of past performance by many different boats and teams in the different divisions. So as to the subject of mod outboard vs. unlimited V Drive, we can run similar top end speeds, but we are better in rough water, and I can put about 15 boat lengths on them exiting corners with sheer acceleration. That adds up to us being faster around a live racecourse, so we should start behind them. Acting like we should get thrown a bone for bringing a Blown BBC to this gunfight is rediculous. Although they are naturally more reliable, the outboard boys are running the absolute DOGSHIT out of their stuff just like we are... becuase this is a RACE... and that is what you have do to win. Bowden and the War Canoe boys have had bizarre mechanical failures, overloaded systems, and field repairs over the years, which have resulted in disappointing finishes, as well as runs to podium finishes and victory... Just the same as us!

Ultimately, I would like to do away with the handicap system just as Dave said. The OVERALL winner should be the boat that can run the fastest on the course while successfully lasting 336 miles. Boats that are in different divisions should race for the title of "fastest XXXX" instead of "I won the enduro because the mod outboards had more handicap this year and couldnt catch me." I really dont understand the satisfaction in that. I am confused as to why any potential racers of the enduro would NOT RACE because of a perception that they could not win the overall, when the class they want to race is 20 MPH off the top runners. Racing is about defeating other teams in heads up competition by building a faster, better, more robust vehicle than they can. Would you get all puffed up if you beat a better golfer due to your handicap? I mean, Ive never played golf but I wouldnt brag to my buddies at the bar about that.

On the subject of "at the bar"... Ive said this a few times about this race, including last year on the radio broadcast. At the end of the day, there are those who will find excuses NOT to race, and those who will find solutions in order to field a boat on the race course. Ive heard so much whining and bench racing about the handicap system and the outboards and the divisions and all these reasons why the enduro just isnt FAIR. Well we race EVERY YEAR, spending a lot of time and money breaking things trying to win, regardless of the percieved FAIRNESS of a subjective handicap system. This is because we WANT to race in the enduro and quite frankly, all we care about is being fastest V-Drive there... Because that is what I would brag about at the bar, on the forums, in the bedroom, etc.

Side note: If you want to run a GN legal V-Drive, the only way to be competitive is to build a naturally aspirated engine, in my opinion. Its a completely different sad subject why the GN rules are the way they are today, but the anemic roots blower high RPM 468 is not a "marathon" configuration... you are fighting a losing fuel and engine reliability battle. The strength of the blower motor is added torque for turn exit, and there is only one U turn per 6 miles here. On the rough short course in 2012, I raced the first leg and it was NASTY. I saw the 22, 44, and the american flag rayson lay down some bad ass laps with the 510 inch buzz box motors. We were only running 5-10 MPH faster in the straights... No way we could have caught up to the first two GN boats. If you have a blower motor V-Drive, gear it up and cruise it in division 6, or build more power into it and run hard. Either way, you will probably podium after Gary, Tub of Fools, Bloodshot, and us genade all our shit chasing eachother around. Take it for what its worth....

See you on the racecourse
John Teague

View attachment 353950

Well said.

RD