WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

looking to buy ski line

Crazyhippy

Haters gonna Hate
Reaction score
In another thread Firecracker posted her source. I've used them, ordered 1/4" which is too big... Only downside is they like dark colors which vanish in the water.

It may seem odd, but it is a dog sledding place in Minnesota. LOL It is great line, and you can count on it to not stretch and be there for you when you need it!

Kondos Outdoors Polyethylene Rope

I ordered the 3/16 line, and it is great. I stretched it for about 24 hours, inching back every 4-6, and it has been great. I weigh 125lbs, so if you are of a heavier build I may suggest the 1/4". They will send you samples of the sizes and colors if you ask. They are very helpful people.

Crazyhippy

Haters gonna Hate
Reaction score
oh and stretch the hell out of whatever you get. I started with a 180' rope, stretched it 24' in 2 hours, and it wasn't enough

Mondorally

Reaction score
In another thread Firecracker posted her source. I've used them, ordered 1/4" which is too big... Only downside is they like dark colors which vanish in the water.

What size did you end up with?

Crazyhippy

Haters gonna Hate
Reaction score
I bought 1/4".... Will be great training line, but too big for races

obnoxious001

Engine building character
Reaction score
I bought 1/4".... Will be great training line, but too big for races

You are a light guy,, most are going to need 1/4" (6mm). I saw someone who borrowed a 5mm line at Parker have problems with the thing breaking.

The other thing is that better quality stuff won't stretch nearly as far. You don't want to be skiing on a bungy cord.

CycloneRacing

Reaction score
DC has good line. I use th 6mm stuff. Todd and everyone else uses it as well and nobody that I know of has had any probelms. Only bummer is the shipping. Whne looking at it, the rope looks identicle to the old school 1/4 stuff. Cropper swears it is different though. Allot of the aussies use a different style rope now. It is pink in color and the weaves are alot finer. Brady hoggins uses it and loves it. Im sure the 1/4 stuff will be fine.

obnoxious001

Engine building character
Reaction score
I have an email out to a place for some of the "old school" rope. I tested a sample a few times with some long drags in the water this past summer. If I can get it, I will pass the savings on.

6mm = 1/4"

74 spectra20 v-drive

74 spectra20 v-drive
Reaction score
I just picked up some at Burbank Water Ski, right off the 5fwy.. New guy bought the place and has a good inventory. Don't have the number just google it.

Henskier

Reaction score
I've got a 1/4" x 600' yellow hollow braid pp spool available for $35.20. I also have a fid. Have some handles, too.

Brad, you should've asked....we've got almost everything here.

All we need are a truck bumper and a couple of trees...:bowdown:

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score
I picked some up at Endos. They had the loops on it already and had a couple different lengths.