WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Looking to upgrade my Enclosed Trailer

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
My neighbor is gonna buy my current one..

Whatcha got? What’s out there?

looking for 24’ inside (minimum). 26’ preferred / 28 (inside) maximum!
Cabinets would be nice
110v and 12v lighting

Tandem preferred but triple axle is ok.

Not sure what else I’m missing..

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
Better off buying new then dealing with the current used prices. Add 150 gallons of water for your desert trips, fuel station as well. Trailers are money in the bank. I’m making money on mine every day these days.
7F680E4B-2A39-476A-AA0A-2CA651C93C77.jpeg
FD2D4394-D70E-4341-BDF4-1F89F77CB88A.jpeg

TITTIES AND BEER

Honorary RDP Inmate #160 Emeritus - R.I.P. Mark 😢
Reaction score
Head east in RV on family vacation, purchase new and pull it home.
I am amazed at the price difference between new in CA and new in the south
Transportation fees

Rbcconst

Reaction score
what brand is that?

Looks like a universal. There out of Riverside. Id have to agree to buy new or find one someone parked inside. I have a universal I picked up with my last sand car, it staid outside and the panels started to delam from the plywood. Its 26’ and would cost 8k to have new panels put on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Looks like a universal. There out of Riverside. Id have to agree to buy new or find one someone parked inside. I have a universal I picked up with my last sand car, it staid outside and the panels started to delam from the plywood. Its 26’ and would cost 8k to have new panels put on.

you think that’s from the sun or hear? Would that happen in a storage unit?

Rbcconst

Reaction score
you think that’s from the sun or hear? Would that happen in a storage unit?

Could be both however I picked mine up from a guy in boulder city NV and the side that has the issues is the side the sun hit, the other side is good and thats the side that was always in the shade.

In thinking about it and where your at I would find a trailer where the panels are riveted on or screwed on vs glued on.

Rye

Reaction score
I purchased a new Haulmark ALX 24’ x 7’ high at Jackssons (Mesa Store) in 2019. Spent at least 6 months researching and looking for a used one all over the internet, wound up ordering it nicely upgraded. Took 3 months to get it though. It’s all aluminum with nice L shaped cabinets and workbench in front, big side door that opens vertically for showing what’s inside. 4’ double entry door on curb side and large car ramp door on back. Has coin flooring, spare tire storage in floor, generator compartment, all led marking lights, scene lights on curb side, torsion axles. It was $22k in ‘19, I shiver to think what it cost now. Haulmark ALX is middle road quality, if $$ is not a primary concern check out Sport Truck in Chandler, they are ATC dealer.

Ace in the Hole

Reaction score
I pulled a new 24’+V with dual 5x axles out here from Texas I bought last month. Paid $6800ish for it. If you want to see it it’s next to our house on the south side. Bought it from Trailernut.com they don’t list this one on those website..I can give you the guy I dealt with’s number. They sell them as fast as they get them...

I’m happy with it for the price...if you bought one there I could maybe drag it back in July...it’s outside Waco

Attachments

• 7D8126E7-569E-40A5-A431-CA2938D831FA.jpeg
    7D8126E7-569E-40A5-A431-CA2938D831FA.jpeg
    321.4 KB · Views: 214
Last edited:

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I purchased a new Haulmark ALX 24’ x 7’ high at Jackssons (Mesa Store) in 2019. Spent at least 6 months researching and looking for a used one all over the internet, wound up ordering it nicely upgraded. Took 3 months to get it though. It’s all aluminum with nice L shaped cabinets and workbench in front, big side door that opens vertically for showing what’s inside. 4’ double entry door on curb side and large car ramp door on back. Has coin flooring, spare tire storage in floor, generator compartment, all led marking lights, scene lights on curb side, torsion axles. It was $22k in ‘19, I shiver to think what it cost now. Haulmark ALX is middle road quality, if $$ is not a primary concern check out Sport Truck in Chandler, they are ATC dealer.

I was looking at those earlier today..

rrrr

Reaction score
If you're going to buy a new trailer, choose a manufacturer that uses industry standards for surface preparation. Aluminum skin debonding and failure of paints and coatings occur when cheap paint and adhesive systems on dirty steel framing are used.

Framing must be wiped down with a solvent to remove mill oil before bonding the skin to it. Choose manufacturers that use SSPC-Surface Preparation (SP)-1: Solvent Cleaning. This method of surface preparation is meant to remove soluble substances from steel. Before a paint or other protective coating is applied, a solvent is used to remove all visible oil, grease, dirt, drawing or cutting compounds, or other soluble contaminants.

If the trailer will have aluminum skin paneling over steel framing, choose a trailer made with the SSPC SP-1 cleaning process and 3M VHB Bonding Tape, and debonding won't be a problem.

TPD trailers and others like it are built with composite panels. The panels are plywood with a layup of fiberglass and gelcoat on both sides. They're strong as hell and durable, but expensive.

Last edited:

ToMorrow44

27 Advantage TCM 800efi
Reaction score
My neighbor is gonna buy my current one..

Whatcha got? What’s out there?

looking for 24’ inside (minimum). 26’ preferred / 28 (inside) maximum!
Cabinets would be nice
110v and 12v lighting

Tandem preferred but triple axle is ok.

Not sure what else I’m missing..
If you find something out here in FL/GA I could probably bring it out to you in mid July. I’m still planning this trip but might have an empty hitch headed to Havasu.

boatpi

Reaction score
I had an enclosed Pace American, never any issues, very well built. Look at flooring, make sure it is a car hauler rated IF you need that re enforced floor/frame. Note they have all aluminum sides, insulated often, etc. https://www.ebay.com/itm/224470168552?hash=item344376f3e8:g:ynEAAOSw-mFgqK9-

If you want the best, then TPC or Sundowner https://www.ebay.com/itm/224480865661?hash=item34441a2d7d:g:pEAAAOSwaMZfKPcL

FYI: most are from the Texas area, you can save HUGE money by buying it there.

Rye

Reaction score
Fwiw, I think 9900# GVW is the limit for permanent plates in AZ.

Shrub Lurker

Reaction score
googled it.. they make some NICE trailers!! Damned expensive though!

This one is a 2004 but looks pretty nice

If one comes up for sale, run, don’t walk, there is a TPD trailer group on Facebook where I found mine. Also TPD usually knows people that are trading up and want to sell.

Ours had a wonky shitter / sink / reefer set up with holding tanks which killed the value. We paid $7500 and unfucked the conversion last fall.

Torsion axles are standard

mine is a ‘92 and has the original roof sealant (for now any way) that never leaked.

5F2F4B0A-6342-4D47-A71C-B97C0185A299.jpeg
11DDBDC7-898B-426C-B912-701DDC83B66C.png
4A67548A-4825-4DD8-AD88-72D3CC213BB5.jpeg
69344A5F-ABCB-4BD3-984F-805D86EA9FCB.jpeg

Last edited:

brownsuger

Reaction score
If you're going to buy a new trailer, choose a manufacturer that uses industry standards for surface preparation. Aluminum skin debonding and failure of paints and coatings occur when cheap paint and adhesive systems on dirty steel framing are used.

Framing must be wiped down with a solvent to remove mill oil before bonding the skin to it. Choose manufacturers that use SSPC-Surface Preparation (SP)-1: Solvent Cleaning. This method of surface preparation is meant to remove soluble substances from steel. Before a paint or other protective coating is applied, a solvent is used to remove all visible oil, grease, dirt, drawing or cutting compounds, or other soluble contaminants.

If the trailer will have aluminum skin paneling over steel framing, choose a trailer made with the SSPC SP-1 cleaning process and 3M VHB Bonding Tape, and debonding won't be a problem.

TPD trailers and others like it are built with composite panels. The panels are plywood with a layup of fiberglass and gelcoat on both sides. They're strong as hell and durable, but expensive.

I've been using 3M bonding tape since '88, we were one of the 1st trailer companies to use it. We are a very small shop and all the big boys were calling me wanting my take on how we did it etc....

My only advice if you're buying a trailer that has bonded panels is to make sure they used 3M tape. There are other companies that make it and the only time I ever had trouble we when we switched to a different brand that said theirs was just as good but cheaper.... Yeah, I had to reskin those trailers

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score

When I worked at Noma Fabrication we built a couple trailers using the VHB tape on cleaned steel and primers the surface before applying the tape. Once prepped and applied, that bond was as strong as a weld. If the skin needed to come off for whatever reason, it required a grinder, a shit load of time, and a lot of strength.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

450grip

Reaction score
selling my haulmark edge.
28’6” inside length
$10k

Attachments

• 682A14ED-7239-4A12-9919-3FFA9AC929EB.jpeg
    682A14ED-7239-4A12-9919-3FFA9AC929EB.jpeg
    196.7 KB · Views: 223
  • AE548DAE-BA9A-4E6A-B947-3ACC689EF574.jpeg
    AE548DAE-BA9A-4E6A-B947-3ACC689EF574.jpeg
    182.6 KB · Views: 227
  • 0DF0D758-359B-442F-98E8-0CC843D3E978.jpeg
    0DF0D758-359B-442F-98E8-0CC843D3E978.jpeg
    166.3 KB · Views: 250

n2otoofast4u

Reaction score
They
Are
All
Junk

Unless you’re going to step way up in $ to a TPD or similar, they are all garbage. Buy new from back East, either go get it, or have it brought out, and make it what you want. I bought this out of FL, and had it brought to OR just a couple months ago.
Adjustments.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
@RiverDave Give Kenny a call at Sport Trailers in San Bernardino. We’ve had 4 of them and all of them are great. Even towed one of them to Florida and back and Texas and back without any issues.
Kenny built a half dozen trailers for me over the years, awesome product and hold their value like crazy. I drive by the shop off the side of the 215, signs are still there but place looks abandoned, did he move the shop?

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score

JayBreww

Reaction score
Kenny built a half dozen trailers for me over the years, awesome product and hold their value like crazy. I drive by the shop off the side of the 215, signs are still there but place looks abandoned, did he move the shop?

I believe it’s a hydroponics place now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JDub24

American Bad-Ass!!
Reaction score
Can you PM me your number. I have a good friend looking for exactly what you are selling.
Thanks.

selling my haulmark edge.
28’6” inside length
$10k

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
Universal, stole it for $8000, 150 water, 50 fuel, compressor, stereo, cablnets, workbench etc.

Damn that is a good deal. I picked one up used as well and it is at Universal now getting the rear door fixed. It will be ready to go after that.

LakeMead Boater

Reaction score

I’m not sure, I haven’t driven by in a while. I remember going with my dad to order a 28’r 20 years ago and Kenny was old then haha. Im guessing he maybe retired. He built a great product!

Jefftowz

Formerly Old School Ultra
Reaction score
I have a Look, it’s 7 years old with thousands of miles on it and has its share of cosmetic issues but funct is great. TPD is big $ and overkill for a weekend warrior but bad ass anyway.

dspracing

Reaction score
I’m not sure, I haven’t driven by in a while. I remember going with my dad to order a 28’r 20 years ago and Kenny was old then haha. Im guessing he maybe retired. He built a great product!

I was convinced that place was closed everytime I drove by. Then I came across an ad for a receptionist position. Either they keep their operations 100% indoors with the doors shut or they moved.

FlatBottomGuy

Reaction score

Yes Kenny moved shops...on Baseline a little off the 215. Just had him build a new one. Great trailers built to what you want/need.

STV_Keith

Reaction score
Universal, stole it for $8000, 150 water, 50 fuel, compressor, stereo, cablnets, workbench etc.
Damn man, how do you always find these deals? I'm looking for a 20-24' enclosed, v-nose with some front cabinets/storage, 10k gvw with an overall length less than 28'. Aluminum would be great too. LOL

Cdog

Reaction score
Dave, Check out racing junk. Everything on the west coast and AZ will be giraffe pussy.

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
So I just figured out that Noma Fabrication that was in Chatsworth that I worked for, for a minute, moved to Georgia. George Noma is one HELL of a fabricator and absolutely demands perfection. If you have the wallet and even towing capacity, Id strongly suggest one of his trailers. 100% welded steel or aluminum framing. I've never seen a trailer built better than those that came out of his shops.

450grip

Reaction score
So I just figured out that Noma Fabrication that was in Chatsworth that I worked for, for a minute, moved to Georgia. George Noma is one HELL of a fabricator and absolutely demands perfection. If you have the wallet and even towing capacity, Id strongly suggest one of his trailers. 100% welded steel or aluminum framing. I've never seen a trailer built better than those that came out of his shops.
100% Agreed
He built my 48’ work trailer. Absolutely perfect.

ATKpilot

Reaction score
What was the quote? I’m going to Atlanta in a week or so to grab our new rv, empty hitch coming west.

$7,500 out the door with E-Tracks I want, wheel chocks setup for dirt bikes, spare tire and a setup for my Harley

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
100% Agreed
He built my 48’ work trailer. Absolutely perfect.
Yeah, the trailers that I was a part of there were mind blowing. 2x2 square steel tubing that were 24" O.C. and welded all the way around. Just to be insulated with foam board and wrapped on both sides with aluminum and VHT tape that will NEVER come off. I learned a lot from the very little time I worked there. One weekend he built a brand new trailer for a 28' Warlock from scratch, by himself in one weekend. Ready for paint. And it was PERFECT!

Englewood

Reaction score
I bought a Sport Trailer at the end of 2020. Just sold it for 2k more than I paid. I wont buy another trailer unless it is a Sport Trailer.

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
I bought a Sport Trailer at the end of 2020. Just sold it for 2k more than I paid. I wont buy another trailer unless it is a Sport Trailer.
Do you have Kenny's contact info? I thinking about building a new one. He built two stackers for me, three regular trailers, top notch stuff.

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score

79 HUSTLER

Reaction score