WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Looks like she won't be spending as much time in the laundry room

SoCalDave

Reaction score

GE Profile Leads the Industry into the Future of Laundry with an All-In-One Solution

Combo_Limbo_stand_RGB-BW.jpg

January 31, 2023 01:00 PM Eastern Standard Time
LOUISVILLE, Ky.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--GE Profile™ is once again leading the charge in laundry innovation with the GE Profile UltraFast Combo with Ventless Heat Pump Technology. Combining the power of clean and dry for an ultimate one-and-done addition to the brand’s laundry lineup, the new product eliminates the laundry day hassle of waiting around to transfer a load.
The UltraFast Combo combines two jobs into one, allowing owners to do their laundry from start to finish when they are away from home or enjoying other activities. Instead of letting laundry linger between cycles, the washer automatically cycles to dry, taking the load off of the owner and reducing time spent in the laundry room.
Using laundry appliance data from over 13 million cycles, consumers leave clothes in the washing machine at the end of a wash cycle for an average of 130 minutes before transferring them over to the dryer, lengthening the entire laundry day experience1. The UltraFast Combo not only eliminates the transfer step, but it saves time with its ability to wash AND dry a large load in about 2 hours.2
The machine is also disrupting traditional design limitations with its ventless technology that lets owners do laundry from anywhere with a water hookup, such as a closet or primary bathroom, without a need for exterior venting. The UltraFast Combo is the perfect solution for small spaces or larger homes with bigger laundry needs by doubling time-saving efficiencies with two Combo units.
Best of all, GE Profile UltraFast Combo’s space-saving design and 120v plug requirement offers installation flexibility without sacrificing capacity or speed. With a class-leading 4.8-cu.-ft. capacity, owners can now clean a king-size comforter and a full set of bedding in a single load to clean more with every wash.
“We have completely reimagined the way we approach the chore of laundry by addressing consumer pain points head on to give owners the ultimate one-and-done experience. By eliminating the need to transfer a load, people save time and effort making laundry easier,” said Ken Rudolph, senior director of product management for clothes care at GE Appliances. “GE Profile is pushing the boundaries of innovation and reimagining the possibilities. The UltraFast Combo is smarter cleaning.”
The GE Profile UltraFast Combo also features:
  • Greater Energy Savings with ventless heat pump technology and a High-Airflow Ventless Drying System that delivers 50% more energy efficient drying3. With the drying system, users can gently dry delicates, activewear and denim with the recirculated high-speed filtered airflow and skip the hang dry.
  • Wi-Fi Connected with SmartHQ™ gives the power to select detergents, download specialty cycles and initiate updates automatically through the SmartHQ app. Plus, control and monitor laundry from anywhere, engage easy-to-use, customizable settings, receive remote status notifications and more.
  • Adaptive SmartDispense™ Technology saves time and effort with an intelligent dispenser that holds up to 32 loads of detergent and softener and automatically dispenses the right amount based on load size and detergent type.
  • UltraFresh System with Microban® Antimicrobial Technology provides antimicrobial protection on the gasket, dispenser, and draining system, to help prevent odors and ensure the Combo stays fresh and clean load after load.
Additionally, the UltraFast Combo is designed at an ergonomically desirable height for retrieving and folding clothes on top. The machine also includes an exclusive, easy-to-reach lint filter system for easily removing lint and micro particles, ensuring this machine operates at the highest levels of efficiency.
Available in Carbon Graphite, the UltraFast Combo with Ventless Heat Pump Technology will be available in June 2023 at resellers nationwide for a suggested retail price of $2,899.

Badchoices03

Reaction score
I just saw one of these at Costco, or at least similar to it, it said Washer/Dryer Combo and I asked my wife "Where is the Dryer for this combo" it took us a bit to realize that it was all in one..

Reactions: TPC

propcheck

Reaction score
If it works as described it will be way better than the combo systems currently available for RV’s and could be a really nice addition to a coach👍🏻

Taboma

Reaction score
Oh damn, when we built we didn't include water and a drain in our closets. 😞

white tortilla

Reaction score
If it can dry quickly then it’s going to be a game changer. I have bought 5-6 different combo units in the past for apartments and they usually take 4-5 hours for a full cycle which drives people crazy. The washing cycle is usually typical length but it takes 3-4 hours to dry.

Sleek-Jet

Reaction score
Seems like a great idea but why has it taken what, 60 years since the first washing machine was invented to figure out that you didn't need two separate machines?
Because it will take you twice as long to do the laundry... With 2 machines you can dry a load while the next washes.

SoCalDave

Reaction score
If it can dry quickly then it’s going to be a game changer. I have bought 5-6 different combo units in the past for apartments and they usually take 4-5 hours for a full cycle which drives people crazy. The washing cycle is usually typical length but it takes 3-4 hours to dry.
Claims a 10lb load in 2 hours start to fimish.

SoCalDave

Reaction score
Because it will take you twice as long to do the laundry... With 2 machines you can dry a load while the next washes.
Survey states on average clothes sit in the washer 90 minutes before they're loaded into the dryer.

Riverbottom

Reaction score
Can't wait for the price to come down a little. Have a beach house with a stacked unit. Natural gas dryer, no 220v on that side of the house. 110v heat pump and a single unit would be perfect.

QC22

Landing Loser
Reaction score
Survey states on average clothes sit in the washer 90 minutes before they're loaded into the dryer.
It doesn't say you have to do that. Use your phone alarm and voila. With that said, I sometimes forget and come back to a smelly mess two days later. Doh!

Yldboyz

Reaction score
Your clothes will end up smelling like your underwear, not a good idea.

welldigger00

Reaction score
We replaced our super duper front loader garbage washer/drier machines after 8 years of lack luster operation with old school top loader jobs with dials instead of buttons and computer screens. I’ve heard they’re working well. I haven’t been in that room of the house for a while…

ElAzul

Well-Known RDP Inmate #211
Reaction score
For what it's worth I installed a Splendide 120V vented washer/dryer combo in my RV. Bought it used from a guy who tried it in his RV and hated it. Anyway I always suspected the install was 99% of the issue with people's complaints, I've seen them in commercial boats working just fine. It's literally the best washer dryer we have ever owned. I had to use a power outlet far away and a long power strip because I'm lazy which is less than ideal but it still kicks ass and will scorch your clothes if you aren't paying attention. I've had all the brands and design's of washer dryers and besides some big SpeedQueen's this thing stomps on all of them. Only uses like 2 teaspoons of soap too

2Driver

Reaction score
"……..eliminates the laundry day hassle of waiting around to transfer a load”

This is a huge problem for Americans ?

ka0tyk

Warlock Performance Boats Merchandise Connections
Reaction score
If it works as described it will be way better than the combo systems currently available for RV’s and could be a really nice addition to a coach👍🏻

we toy'ed around with the idea of having a washer/dryer in our bus/coach. but ALL of the existing RV units perform very poorly. almost everyone i know that has a washer/dryer in their rv/trailer wishes they didnt. also the majority of what we'd be washing would be linens and bulky items. Our clothes etc would all just be put in a bin and brought home.

ka0tyk

Reaction score
"……..eliminates the laundry day hassle of waiting around to transfer a load”

This is a huge problem for Americans ?
you've never forgotten when the wife told you to move the clothes from one to the other and they sit in the thing wet all day? we cant all be perfect i guess...

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
"Ventless" is where they usually fail. Heat pump,, now thats a new one so we'll see.

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
you've never forgotten when the wife told you to move the clothes from one to the other and they sit in the thing wet all day? we can't all be perfect i guess...
Throwing shop towels in with the kids cloths is what got my balls in the wifes vise. Or wake up with my dick tied in a knot.

Last edited:

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
For what it's worth I installed a Splendide 120V vented washer/dryer combo in my RV. Bought it used from a guy who tried it in his RV and hated it. Anyway I always suspected the install was 99% of the issue with people's complaints, I've seen them in commercial boats working just fine. It's literally the best washer dryer we have ever owned. I had to use a power outlet far away and a long power strip because I'm lazy which is less than ideal but it still kicks ass and will scorch your clothes if you aren't paying attention. I've had all the brands and design's of washer dryers and besides some big SpeedQueen's this thing stomps on all of them. Only uses like 2 teaspoons of soap too
We had one. Spendide is a good unit but it was the vented. Shaking out the cloths between the wash and dry cycles made all the difference.

C_J_J_C

Reaction score
I remember they did this in Ireland kind of like rv size deals

I lived in a tiny apartment in Cork Ireland for 8 months in 2001. I had one and loved it. It was in the kitchen under the counter. Exact same size as the dishwasher.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I’m wondering what they do with all the humidity? I’d buy two of these if it works as advertised

Dalton

Reaction score
I have an all in one, no vent, not sure how it works really. Takes about 6 hours but I just let it run overnight

DLC

Reaction score
Listening to KFI yesterday they said they are about $3,000 each and an ideal situation would be to have 2 units

ka0tyk

Reaction score
Listening to KFI yesterday they said they are about $3,000 each and an ideal situation would be to have 2 units

we're looking at new homes out in KS and most of the laundry rooms are standard with 2 stacked units. i guess big laundry is the latest trend.

Reactions: DLC

angiebaby

Mountain Mama
Reaction score
Funny. They make it out like it is new technology. The Italians have been doing that for quite a while. Many RVs have them, and when I looked at places to rent in Italy, most apartments had these units installed. I use mine almost every day in our motor coach.

Justfishing

Reaction score
This could be cool, but a 120v electric heat dryer will take hours to dry your clothes for any meaningful load of laundry.
It's a heat pump otherwise consider it a dehumidifier. Recyle the heat into the dryer as a boost.

Last edited: