WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Looks like Vanilla Ice trying to get Country

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Looks like that old town road song has shifted a lot of people to try and capitalize on the country / rap craze..

I like the old town road song because it’s catchy, but can honestly say I don’t care much for country rap. This is there attempt..

Devilman

lol, yeah, sure, ok......
Reaction score
921.gif

no. just... no

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Was introduced to "HickHop" from the mud truck/mega truck crowd. I can do Colt Ford on the shop sound...but not this. Keep Ice in Florida...

On the other hand, some really cool stuff in the garage in the vid...if you're into old Ford crap 🥴

beaverretriever

Catchy Custom User Title
Reaction score
I kind of liked the video. hahaha. Clean ass blue and white Ford for sure! I am so close to that point in my life I'll be wearing overalls with no shirt and looking exactly like the guy behind the counter in the beginning. :D

I kind of think this is a joke making fun of that other popular Crap (country/ rap) song Old town road or whatever it was called.

sirbob

Reaction score
Is that a spoof or is that serious?

Ill assume that is some sort of gag.

Danger Dave

Sarcastically Optimistic 😁
Reaction score
Hopefully the coronavirus will stop any more of this from happening.

77charger

Reaction score
These days country aint country anyways.But im sure all the tractor rap fans will think vanilla ice is anew country artist too they are that dumb.

coolchange

Lower level functionary
Reaction score
I cant figure out if this is a joke. It seems like a serious attempt but there is a f'n teenage mutant ninja turtle dancing around in it.
He did his song go Ninja go in a TMNT video.

coolchange

Lower level functionary
Reaction score
Oh yeah, that's going to be all over the channel this year. All the thirtysomething wakeboard boat owners that grew up on TMNT.

old rigger

Reaction score
Was introduced to "HickHop" from the mud truck/mega truck crowd. I can do Colt Ford on the shop sound...but not this. Keep Ice in Florida...

On the other hand, some really cool stuff in the garage in the vid...if you're into old Ford crap 🥴

ok, I hate rap and hip hop (it's just mindless fucking nursery rhymes with an attitude) but your mention of old Ford stuff made me curious so I watched this vid...with the sound off. It still sucked and those wheels looked ridiculous on that John Deere F1.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
ok, I hate rap and hip hop (it's just mindless fucking nursery rhymes with an attitude) but your mention of old Ford stuff made me curious so I watched this vid...with the sound off. It still sucked and those wheels looked ridiculous on that John Deere F1.
True, but there was signage, and NOS stuff. Really would have liked to see the F5 with the cattle smasher pulled out of the garage.
2018-07-16 15.15.20.jpg

Have a soft spot for those old F series trucks 🥴

LazyLavey

Reaction score
Slim Shady's Following the $$$$$...

If there's any music I don't like it's hip-hop.... gotta admit though, cool props

he'll have a brief comeback, he'll collaborate with some talent both hip-hop and country and maybe even fund some of his projects...

Hey, can't discount his roots are from Texas

LowRiver2

Reaction score

Haha!
good one

That said , I’m in Huntsville Alabama 1-2 weeks every year. There is a market for it, pretty sure not in So Cal though

No for me lol

badluck

Reaction score
What about marshmallows Kane brown song?

KevinR

Reaction score

Country has gone too Pop Tart for me.
Here’s my recommendation for good old school Country. And I’m a Ford guy.

Aaron Lewis
Jamey Johnson
Sturgill Simpson
Cody Jinks
Whitey Morgan
Jonathan Parker

Carlson-jet

Not Giving A Fuck Is An Art
Reaction score
I've been subjected to worse in my lifetime and now have been introduced to a new genre.
Throw up the vids on the "What are you listening to now" thread.

BlowMe

Reaction score
Lmfao wow.....and of course fuckin grads #notmymoderator is the only one that likes it. Probably bumpin it in smart car

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Country has gone too Pop Tart for me.
Here’s my recommendation for good old school Country. And I’m a Ford guy.

Aaron Lewis
Jamey Johnson
Sturgill Simpson
Cody Jinks
Whitey Morgan
Jonathan Parker
If you haven't, give a listen to Aaron Watson. Full independent, but does older sounding country. Not this modern stuff. He's a family kinda guy from Amarillo...and a hell of a nice guy too.

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
Like anything else, there’s good country and crap country.
Don’t expect to find the good shit on the FM dial...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Ladsm

Reaction score
It may not be for everybody but it makes me laugh, the lifted trucks on low profiles and some of the redonkulous cars.

I WILL BET YOU ONE THING< THEY ARE NOT VOTING FOR BERNIE!!!! GOTTA SUPPORT THE TRUMP BROTHERS!!!!!!!!!!!!

playdeep

Reaction score
If you haven't, give a listen to Aaron Watson. Full independent, but does older sounding country. Not this modern stuff. He's a family kinda guy from Amarillo...and a hell of a nice guy too.
Aaron Watson's the real deal...
Love the song he wrote about Lane Frost.
I'd add...
Hayes Carll
Joshua Hedley(real old school)
Turnpike Troubadour's
Drive by Truckers
Reckless Kelly
...there's some great stuff out there.
You just have to know where to look because none of it makes it to corporate cookie cutter country stations.

DrunkenSailor

Reaction score
I'd add...
Hayes Carll
Turnpike Troubadour's
Drive by Truckers
Reckless Kelly
You just have to know where to look because none of it makes it to corporate cookie cutter country stations.

Reckless kelly are heavy on my playlist.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
About 15 years ago I met Aaron through a car guy buddy.. who happened to also be from Amarillo. I remember thinking ,"...talented SOB, why wasn't he signed?"
Turned out, he went to Nashville, and they wanted him "more marketable".
He came home. Couple years ago he was being interviewed on the radio, in the bigtime. I had to smile.

KevinR

Reaction score
I'd add...
Hayes Carll
Turnpike Troubadour's
Drive by Truckers
Reckless Kelly

I’ve listened to some Hayes Carll, like him a lot. Thanks for the others. I should have added Chris Stapleton. Saw him at the Forum last year. Fantastic. Going to see Sturgill Simpson there in May. From listening to his recent album he’s made quite a change. Will be interesting to see.

I usually hear new stuff for me when I use Pandora on one of the above’s “stations”.

charred1

Reaction score
Put that “noise” up against some of that Conway Twitty type shit, some of you music snobs prefer, and I bet more chicks would be shaking their money makers to the “noise.” 😜 I don’t care what music is playing as long as the women are groovin!

River Runnin

Reaction score
That's gonna be worst than Garth Brooke wearing a B Sanders shirt at his concert! ;)

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
There is nothing country about this song. Zero, zip, zilch.

riverroyal

Reaction score
Vanilla ice fun fact....mrs rr and myself were at his house for a party in Dallas when he attempted to OD.
We were unaware.
I didnt know him well, but did have conversations off and on for a few years at race events.
Actually a cool guy. More down to earth than you would think. Hard working business guy.