WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Looks like we’re dipping into the home school world.

lbhsbz

Reaction score
Find some other families from your old school that might be considering the same thing and tag team a few times a week. That's what we did and it worked great.

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
My brother and sister in law did the home school thing. At least till the kids started high school.

They are great kids! One just started Flight School in Idaho, and the other one is still in HS, buying used jet skis and parting them out. 😉

They had both boys in Boy Scouts, so they had plenty of social time and did all kinds of trips and activities. They hiked a good section of the John Muir trail at one point. Mom did it with them.

I would always gets texts from mom of them in the toy hauler, at the beach, during the winter when it was empty. Home schooling doesn't have to be done at home.

Good luck Tank! I can put you in touch with my SIL if you want.
I really like the idea of that but I wouldn’t want my kids getting used to that. I like structure and routines. Homework after school, Bed time, get up early. My biggest regret in life is not jointing the military. I like the idea of traveling and hiking and all that but then when it comes time to get a job and the real world is like to say I helped prepare them for life

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
It's going pretty good. I get the updates daily about what they're working on. My 8 y/o is happy with it. My wife is not too stoked on the actual publisher of the curriculum but the cool thing is she can change it as they offer several different options. After last years total cluster fuck of home schooling by people that don't have a clue how to organize and facilitate home schooling (regular schools sending everyone home last year), my wife is a little over inefficiency and redundancy in tech. (example she's required to send in proof of work once a week I believe or once every other week and instead of just sending in a photo of the work they require her to convert the photo to PDF which requires an app and basically it's like 5 steps instead of just one, so that's a little frustrating). It sounds like since Ca. pulled funding for home schooling from the regular public school system, the schools will NOT be sending schools home again which is good news. Our kids regular school is a mile from our house on the beach and is like a private school so we're a little bummed he's not attending. I went there, our 27 y/o went there, our 12 y/o went there, our 8 y/o went there until the 3rd grade so....Wife's going to do the first tri-mester with home schooling and see how things go. Then decide if he should go back to regular school or just do the whole year at home. Kind've gonna asses the situation as we go. One huge problem is he fell behind a bit in math because last years "home schooling" via the public school system was a shit show and basically just boiled down to busy work to justify getting their money per student. So over the politics and FUCKED up Ca. school system.

However, our 7th grader is THRIVING in JR. High. Doing better than he's ever done in school. I think the different periods and teachers is good for him and I'm really not worried about any CRT infecting his brain since I have to tell him to take off the "Fuck Biden" hat and not hang Trump banners in his room.🤦‍♂️
On iPhone or tablet. Take a picture. Hit the squareo in the top right corner. Hit print. When the previews come up backwards pinch that. That makes a pdf. Do whatever you need from there.

Tank

Reaction score
On iPhone or tablet. Take a picture. Hit the squareo in the top right corner. Hit print. When the previews come up backwards pinch that. That makes a pdf. Do whatever you need from there.
AH! I will forward that info to the wife. Thanks Vic! 👍

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
I really like the idea of that but I wouldn’t want my kids getting used to that. I like structure and routines. Homework after school, Bed time, get up early. My biggest regret in life is not jointing the military. I like the idea of traveling and hiking and all that but then when it comes time to get a job and the real world is like to say I helped prepare them for life

Gotcha. Being a kid is a one time thing though. Life's lessons come from being well rounded, more than anything else. ;)

P.S. The Boy Scout troop I was involved in was known as the young republicans in some circles. Yes sir, no sir. total respect for the flag and our country.

Did you know the Eagle Scout badge is the ONLY civilian badge allowed on a military uniform?

You go into the military as an Eagle Scout, you go straight to the front of the line. Just sayin!

Scout Oath
On my honor I will do my best to do my duty to God and my country and to obey the Scout Law; to help other people at all times; to keep myself physically strong, mentally awake, and morally straight.

Scout Law
The Scout Law has 12 points. Each is a goal for every Scout. A Scout tries to live up to the Law every day. It is not always easy to do, but a Scout always tries.

A Scout is:

TRUSTWORTHY.
Tell the truth and keep promises. People can depend on you.

LOYAL. Show that you care about your family, friends, Scout leaders, school, and country.

HELPFUL. Volunteer to help others without expecting a reward.

FRIENDLY. Be a friend to everyone, even people who are very different from you.

COURTEOUS. Be polite to everyone and always use good manners.

KIND. Treat others as you want to be treated. Never harm or kill any living thing without good reason.

OBEDIENT. Follow the rules of your family, school, and pack. Obey the laws of your community and country.

CHEERFUL. Look for the bright side of life. Cheerfully do tasks that come your way. Try to help others be happy.

THRIFTY. Work to pay your own way. Try not to be wasteful. Use time, food, supplies, and natural resources wisely.

BRAVE. Face difficult situations even when you feel afraid. Do what you think is right despite what others might be doing or saying.

CLEAN. Keep your body and mind fit. Help keep your home and community clean.

REVERENT. Be reverent toward God. Be faithful in your religious duties. Respect the beliefs of others.

Don't believe the rhetoric the liberals try and spew. There is a reason (see above) they keep trying to dismantle the Scout program. Fuck em. ;)

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
Gotcha. Being a kid is a one time thing though. Life's lessons come from being well rounded, more than anything else. ;)

P.S. The Boy Scout troop I was involved in was known as the young republicans in some circles. Yes sir, no sir. total respect for the flag and our country.

Did you know the Eagle Scout badge is the ONLY civilian badge allowed on a military uniform?

You go into the military as an Eagle Scout, you go straight to the front of the line. Just sayin!

Scout Oath
On my honor I will do my best to do my duty to God and my country and to obey the Scout Law; to help other people at all times; to keep myself physically strong, mentally awake, and morally straight.

Scout Law
The Scout Law has 12 points. Each is a goal for every Scout. A Scout tries to live up to the Law every day. It is not always easy to do, but a Scout always tries.

A Scout is:

TRUSTWORTHY.
Tell the truth and keep promises. People can depend on you.

LOYAL. Show that you care about your family, friends, Scout leaders, school, and country.

HELPFUL. Volunteer to help others without expecting a reward.

FRIENDLY. Be a friend to everyone, even people who are very different from you.

COURTEOUS. Be polite to everyone and always use good manners.

KIND. Treat others as you want to be treated. Never harm or kill any living thing without good reason.

OBEDIENT. Follow the rules of your family, school, and pack. Obey the laws of your community and country.

CHEERFUL. Look for the bright side of life. Cheerfully do tasks that come your way. Try to help others be happy.

THRIFTY. Work to pay your own way. Try not to be wasteful. Use time, food, supplies, and natural resources wisely.

BRAVE. Face difficult situations even when you feel afraid. Do what you think is right despite what others might be doing or saying.

CLEAN. Keep your body and mind fit. Help keep your home and community clean.

REVERENT. Be reverent toward God. Be faithful in your religious duties. Respect the beliefs of others.

Don't believe the rhetoric the liberals try and spew. There is a reason (see above) they keep trying to dismantle the Scout program. Fuck em. ;)

I’m going to look into it for the boys. I’ve heard it’s changed since the old days but I need to find out for myself

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’m going to look into it for the boys. I’ve heard it’s changed since the old days but I need to find out for myself

I and my brothers are Eagles and our son is an Eagle (now kicking ass at USNA) and our daughter was in Venture Crew and taught NYLT. I am still involved as a district Eagle Board of Review Chairman. It is great to meet and hear from youth that totally have their stuff together. I realized that girls are now allowed but the way it is being implemented, I agree with it. My daughter would have absolutely made Eagle if it were available to her. I am a huge proponent of the program and would be happy to answer questions if you'd like to PM me.

CoolCruzin

Reaction score
Last year my son went to a small private school to play freshman baseball.... decided this year he missed his friends and didn't want to go back to the smaller school. He transferred to Trabuco Hills this year and this was his text to me this morning... "Im gonna love Geometry"... followed by this pic. I asked if theres an American flag in the room and he said a really small sad one in the corner. My kid is a level 10 smart ass, my buddies call him " Shane The Brain" because even at a young age, his wheels were spinning and he always has a smart ass one liner to everything. This could be a long year for him in the front office. Im thinking of sending an email tonight to the Principle/School board asking WTF any of these flags have to do with teaching my kid MATH!!!! Thats my buddies kid in the left of the pic texting him the same exact thing, hahaha. He's LEO/SWAT, and not happy either. Im really starting to miss that small Christian school and its his first day.....:mad:
View attachment 1038618
This picture is what is wrong with today’s school system

jesco

Reaction score
This picture is what is wrong with today’s school system
So here's my update..... My son said the teachers actually pretty funny and does not bring up anything political. When he got home he was telling me that him and my LEO buddys kid were sitting next to each other and my kid says "Yeah, Im gonna have to transfer out of this guys class, this isn't going to work for me" my buddys kid says" Year, Im thinking the same thing. This could end bad for us if we stay..." followed by the teacher saying "This is going to be the easiest class you ever have. I dont believe in homework or test..." so my kid looks at his buddy "Wellllll, maybe I can make this work, I think I'll stay..." Hahahahaha. Apparently he teaches some social debate class also and thats what the flags are all about... he sent me this pic yesterday, some new flags. The rainbow infinity flag apparently is the "all identify inclusive" flag for the nut cases who think they are a dolphin, or a cat, or some bullshit....
C79E5969-AA8A-4C80-B39F-611E139E2A19.jpeg

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
So here's my update..... My son said the teachers actually pretty funny and does not bring up anything political. When he got home he was telling me that him and my LEO buddys kid were sitting next to each other and my kid says "Yeah, Im gonna have to transfer out of this guys class, this isn't going to work for me" my buddys kid says" Year, Im thinking the same thing. This could end bad for us if we stay..." followed by the teacher saying "This is going to be the easiest class you ever have. I dont believe in homework or test..." so my kid looks at his buddy "Wellllll, maybe I can make this work, I think I'll stay..." Hahahahaha. Apparently he teaches some social debate class also and thats what the flags are all about... he sent me this pic yesterday, some new flags. The rainbow infinity flag apparently is the "all identify inclusive" flag for the nut cases who think they are a dolphin, or a cat, or some bullshit....
View attachment 1047253
So the teacher is confused and half asses his job? Yea, no…

COCA COLA COWBOY

Reaction score
My son has allergies and it didn't help he had a soccer tournament all weekend and I took him hunting on Monday...he was sent home for 10 days unless he gets tested and shows no symptoms. This started early this week and tomorrow is the soonest I could get him tested, but he's going to have a runny nose...it is what it is. This year his teacher is a crazy libtard so it's gonna be a rough one.

On a side note, I was home schooled and it was horrible. Made me hate my mom. If your kids are outspoken, aggressive in any way, I would not recommend it. If your kids follow direction, listen and are mild tempered, then it may work out well.

CLdrinker

Reaction score
Circling back to this topic. How is home schooling going so far for your families that went this route this school year?
11yr old is cool with it. But we are finding out All the A’s she has been getting the last few years are complete bullshit. Her reading and spelling are at a 4th grade level math bit much better. Some of that falls on us for not noticing. But the straight A’s gave us a false sense of where she was at.

She is super down on herself and “feels dumb” we told her that it was our fault and her school that failed her. I told her she just has to work twice as hard to catch up. Welcome to life.

My 6yr old is flat out pissed. She is a chatty Kathy and misses her friends. She is doing well school wise.

Mom on the other hand is about to loose her shit. Full time job plus school teacher is not fun.

Meaney77

Reaction score
Mom on the other hand is about to loose her shit. Full time job plus school teacher is not fun.

You should look into signing up for some wineries as a club member and get wine delivered on the cheap!

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
11yr old is cool with it. But we are finding out All the A’s she has been getting the last few years are complete bullshit. Her reading and spelling are at a 4th grade level math bit much better. Some of that falls on us for not noticing. But the straight A’s gave us a false sense of where she was at.

She is super down on herself and “feels dumb” we told her that it was our fault and her school that failed her. I told her she just has to work twice as hard to catch up. Welcome to life.

My 6yr old is flat out pissed. She is a chatty Kathy and misses her friends. She is doing well school wise.

Lol my wife is ready to fuck a kid up after an hour of homework 😂😂😂
She’ll text me too when I’m outside. You need to come help before I fucknone of your kids up😂

CLdrinker

Reaction score
You should look into signing up for some wineries as a club member and get wine delivered on the cheap!
Wife has never been much of a drinker. But she has taken to Truly’s as of late. I keep it in stock just in case.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
Kids still have to wear masks inside down here. Other than that its going well. We opted to hold my son back and got him into the TK program instead of Kindergarten this year. He just turned 5 2 weeks ago and I am really glad we did. He was not too thrilled with pre-school last year 3 days a week, this year at 5 days a week he loves it and it having fun.

angiebaby

Mountain Mama
Reaction score
Last year my son went to a small private school to play freshman baseball.... decided this year he missed his friends and didn't want to go back to the smaller school. He transferred to Trabuco Hills this year and this was his text to me this morning... "Im gonna love Geometry"... followed by this pic. I asked if theres an American flag in the room and he said a really small sad one in the corner. My kid is a level 10 smart ass, my buddies call him " Shane The Brain" because even at a young age, his wheels were spinning and he always has a smart ass one liner to everything. This could be a long year for him in the front office. Im thinking of sending an email tonight to the Principle/School board asking WTF any of these flags have to do with teaching my kid MATH!!!! Thats my buddies kid in the left of the pic texting him the same exact thing, hahaha. He's LEO/SWAT, and not happy either. Im really starting to miss that small Christian school and its his first day.....:mad:
View attachment 1038618

After the crap that has been exposed recently, I would ABSOLUTLEY complain to admin.

Turnup

Reaction score
LA County board approved mandatory not a vaccine shots for 12 and up to attend school?? Did I just hear that correctly 😳

TeamGreene

Reaction score
Good to know! Thanks!

Fenderbender

Reaction score
LA County board approved mandatory not a vaccine shots for 12 and up to attend school?? Did I just hear that correctly 😳

Yep and sadly our district (Ventura) usually follows LA so this really might be life changing for our family.

CLdrinker

Reaction score

I’m not in LA county. But everyone will follow them.

We saw this coming and got our kids into a homeschool program while there was still room.

How many kids will be getting pulled out of school now?

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score

Nothing has changed. It's been the same way for over 100 years! Same rules. Same laws. Same system. For the boys anyway.

What Has changed though is...

There is a shit ton of new awareness training for the parents. You know those training classes you have to take at work? There are even more of them the parents have to take to be leaders. For guys like you and me, it's a pain! But for most parents, it's an eye opening experience. Ya gotta jump through a few hoops to be a leader these days...

"Youth Protection | Boy Scouts of America" https://www.scouting.org/training/youth-protection/