WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Looting has started.

DWC

Reaction score
Our Stater Bros has a guard. No issues and they’re instock on pretty much everything in the store except for paper products for the most part.

throttle

c ya on da lake
Reaction score
My thoughts might be different, however IMO this is shoplifting/theft, it sucks any way you look at it.
I consider looting to be more like doors and windows being broken with people running in and out taking merchandise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BONER

Reaction score
Yeah if you’re carrying, the absolute last thing you want to do is get involved.

There’s no threat to physical harm.
This is not your business.
Walk away and remove yourself from the situation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Yep. If you carry, the responsibility extends to knowing the Law, and keeping your own Ass out of Jail.

Don't jerk your Pistol unless you fully intend on discharging it.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
My wife has read that there has been some hijackings of groceries as you're loading your bags into your car.

500bbc

Reaction score
Getting involved is risky as you never know what these thieving idiots are willing to do. I'd suggest staying out of it. Let the companies write off the losses at the end of the year. It sux but it's not worth the risk. Think about you and your family's well-being and safety. Like T&Y said, it's only food and household supplies.
The "write off" are increased charges to you, then the bill for the social reconditioning will also be paid by you when the primitives go off and start looting and burning in earnest.

crzy2bealive

Reaction score
Haha speaking of looting 2 suspects arrested for threatening an albertsons worker and stealing groceries in La Mirada

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

JUSTWANNARACE

I will not let them take me🤣🤣
Reaction score
They are doing this at a few stores here including home depot with rent a cops at the door. It is not because of looting or theft, theft is always an issue. It is to limit the # people in the store to help control social distancing. They are counting people that go in and only letting the amount of people in that are going out. Home Depot told me yesterday they are only allowing 50 people in the store at once.

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
Most grocery stores have a wheel that locks on the carts theses days that automatically unlock after going through the check stand and paying. But will lockup if they try jamming out the front doors.

I thought those were geofenced to the parking lots, so people don’t walk off with the carts?

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
My wife has read that there has been some hijackings of groceries as you're loading your bags into your car.

Read about a few strong-arm parking lot robberies inDFW as well. Usually elderly victims IIRC.

People suck.

SoCalDave

Reaction score
Most grocery stores have a wheel that locks on the carts theses days that automatically unlock after going through the check stand and paying. But will lockup if they try jamming out the front doors.
Never heard nor seen this before but it does sound like an excellent idea.

Boozer

Extreme Mist
Reaction score
It’s only going to get worse..

You’ve got millions of people who lost their income overnight. Most of these people were already a paycheck or bar tending shift away from losing everything. They have no income and no means of replacing it anytime soon. The government is offering assistance but that isn’t immediate and a lot of these people need help right now. Add in the pre-existing low life’s that have been a problem forever and you have a recipe for disaster.

Hopefully things will calm down once the unemployment checks and stimulus checks start going out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DWC

Reaction score
Never heard nor seen this before but it does sound like an excellent idea.
They have a similar system at our grocery store. I knew it stopped carts from going too far away. I usually park in the boonies and the cart stops just short. The other morning an alarm went off in the store. Sounded like a fire alarm. The cashier said someone went around the registers with a cart. Who knew

94Nautique

Once Banned
Reaction score
Ralphs by my house 2 guards. Turned off automatic doora and they physically open and close the for each shopper. Single file line. 20 shoppers can enter every 10 minutes.

Homedepot Is doing it too.

View attachment 859531
The last guy has California shopping bag. WHY are they still allowing people to bring their own bags INTO the store??????!!!!!!!!

Universal Elements

Reaction score
The last guy has California shopping bag. WHY are they still allowing people to bring their own bags INTO the store??????!!!!!!!!

They’re not. When he gets to the register, the clerk tells him that they are not allowed to reuse those bags and he must purchase new ones.