WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Looting has started.

LAZARUS

Essential Inmate Down
Reaction score
If this needs to be moved to the CV section, go for it. With that said, I was in my local grocery store last night and they were saying that the shoplifting has become insane. It's to the point where they only let people in and out from one door, but that's not helping. They said people are literally walking out with full shopping carts and saying "fuck you what are you going to do about it?" on the way out the door. There are no guards watching the door and they have a do not physically stop rule to shoplifters.😔

The only good thing they told me was if these people get caught it is a stiffer penalty due to the shelter in place order.

SBMech

Fixes Broken Stuff
Reaction score
Sadly nothing you can do, if you do something yourself, the god damn store would sue you....

Run their ass over in the parking lot?

I dunno, I feel your frustration though! ;)

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
If this needs to be moved to the CV section, go for it. With that said, I was in my local grocery store last night and they were saying that the shoplifting has become insane. It's to the point where they only let people in and out from one door, but that's not helping. They said people are literally walking out with full shopping carts and saying "fuck you what are you going to do about it?" on the way out the door. There are no guards watching the door and they have a do not physically stop rule to shoplifters.😔

The only good thing they told me was if these people get caught it is a stiffer penalty due to the shelter in place order.

Where is this?

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score
Our local Ralph's is doing this but I'm not sure if it is because of shoplifters

Big B Hova

HOSS
Reaction score
Ralphs by my house 2 guards. Turned off automatic doora and they physically open and close the for each shopper. Single file line. 20 shoppers can enter every 10 minutes.

Homedepot Is doing it too.

20200326_174241.jpg

4Waters

Reaction score
The wife saw some posts on Facebook a couple days ago about this. I don't know where it was happening, I'll ask her later, if I ask her now she'll kill me. LOL

boatpi

Reaction score
Albertson's in Vegas by me has blocked off one entrance and now has a guard at the door.

Wedgy

Reaction score
The media has fanned the flames on the hysteria. The food supply chain is fine. When this is over I hope these hoarding, panicking pussies realize what morons they are. Sadly, they won’t.

Nailed it. Media are complicit in this Treasonous attack upon the American way of Life. 1984 unfolding right before our eyes. Evil People. I smell a B.F. Rat...

Wedgy

Reaction score
IMO this has to be in SoCal. Hard to imagine a person pulling a stunt like that here in our little town.. WalMart maybe, but not United. I don't think he'd make it much past the door. Many well armed West Texans around here. Inside and Out. A well armed Society is a Polite Society.

Powers that be in Cali don't GAF about it's Citizens. California emptying the Jails, Laws allowing Theft to up $1000. WTF did they think was going to happen? In Texas, Home Burglary is taken very seriously because LE knows that most likely the Homeowner will be armed, and the Criminal knows that before they break in. If they are that Brazen, LE considers them armed and dangerous.

Last edited:

Beerme

Retired...Time for a cold one!
Reaction score
They have been doing this in California for years. Every since proposition 47 pretty much took all the consequences of theft away. Most grocery chains policies are to just let them go which has become the norm. I know an employee who just could not take the theft anymore and stopped a female with a cart full of merchandise. She left the cart, but punched him in the face. He was so freaked out he thought he was going to get fired. That's California for you!

zx14

The Skipper
Reaction score
Smiths last Saturday, I watched a clerk and box boy, chase down a dude with a full cart, I thought the box boy was gonna clock him, they took the cart from him and chewed him out, I applauded them. Dude had a nice car.

Havasu.

Andy B.

Reaction score
The media has fanned the flames on the hysteria. The food supply chain is fine. When this is over I hope these hoarding, panicking pussies realize what morons they are. Sadly, they won’t.

Exactly fuck the media they're making money off this so they push it more all for ratings fuck them!!! If they just stated the facts instead of bullshit assumptions and personal politics this wouldn't be so bad that goes for social media also which I am not on fuck them all!! Ok rant over everyone stay safe.

mbrown2

Reaction score
That does not sound like looting; it sounds like theft. I view looting as a group thing where good size minority or majority have overrun an establishment and law and order have gone to shit. But this thread and threads like them make it seem like it is happening everywhere. Shit is pretty orderly by me.

Andy B.

Reaction score
Unless he pulls first, not worth it.

You loose if he pulls first unless you're super fast. Pull first then if he pulls his you're ready to tap 2 in the chest you were in fear for your life!! You should still try to evade that should be the last resort!

t&y

t&y
Reaction score
Lol... who's pulling first.

Sorry business owners. Cali Legislature made it very clear they don't give two shits about your theft problem. That being said, if a security guard, employee, or anybody acting as an "agent" for the store attempts to stop the turd stealing the merchandise, and the turd uses force or fear to continue their theft, it becomes a Robbery (felony).

My suggestion, attempt to stop them. As soon as you meet resistance, back away out of fear of injury or death, all the while video recording them. If you can follow them out to their vehicle and film from a safe distance that even better.

Big picture is this. It's just food, it's not some ones life you are trying to save. Don't get all vigilante stupid over it.

cofooter

Reaction score
Wait til those low lifes get the bill for their lifetime supply of stuff............

Chili Palmer

Master of My Domian
Reaction score
Is this setting a new precedence, a new norm - next winter’s cold a flu season will have a new flu bug and will people get stupid and start hoarding again causing another pandemic?

Done-it-again

Reaction score
I had some workers in Newark CA this week, and they said 2x they were in a gas station were people were walking in and grabbing stuff and walking out of the store. And the worker is just telling them they cant do that ,but doing nothing.

They also caught a couple that were breaking into a truck at the hotel that seemed to be moving from Oregon (truck plates) breaking the windows out and grabbing stuff. They called the cops, but not sure what happened as the couple drove off.

cofooter

Reaction score
Is this setting a new precedence, a new norm - next winter’s cold a flu season will have a new flu bug and will people get stupid and start hoarding again causing another pandemic?
One up them and start hoarding in July to prepare for the next coronacation.......

500bbc

Reaction score
IMO this has to be in SoCal. Hard to imagine a person pulling a stunt like that here in our little town.. WalMart maybe, but not United. I don't think he'd make it much past the door. Many well armed West Texans around here. Inside and Out. A well armed Society is a Polite Society.

Powers that be in Cali don't GAF about it's Citizens. California emptying the Jails, Laws allowing Theft to up $1000. WTF did they think was going to happen? In Texas, Home Burglary is taken very seriously because LE knows that most likely the Homeowner will be armed, and the Criminal knows that before they break in. If they are that Brazen, LE considers them armed and dangerous.

It's the whole state, shoplifting and B&E are defacto legal if it's less than $950.00.

Andy B.

Reaction score
It's the whole state, shoplifting and B&E are defacto legal if it's less than $950.00.

Anything exciting going on down in the dungeon? Been taking a vacation from that place I check in once in awhile needed to lower BP lol.

oldschool

Reaction score
Lol... who's pulling first.

Sorry business owners. Cali Legislature made it very clear they don't give two shits about your theft problem. That being said, if a security guard, employee, or anybody acting as an "agent" for the store attempts to stop the turd stealing the merchandise, and the turd uses force or fear to continue their theft, it becomes a Robbery (felony).

My suggestion, attempt to stop them. As soon as you meet resistance, back away out of fear of injury or death, all the while video recording them. If you can follow them out to their vehicle and film from a safe distance that even better.

Big picture is this. It's just food, it's not some ones life you are trying to save. Don't get all vigilante stupid over it.
I’m sure half of RDP are good enough to just shoot the keys out of the perps hands as they are trying to make off with the grocery’s.

nowski

Reaction score
The looting started back during the Grocery Strike of 2003. I'm sure the stores learned a thing or two (as seen in post #9) since then...

Backlash

Reaction score
Getting involved is risky as you never know what these thieving idiots are willing to do. I'd suggest staying out of it. Let the companies write off the losses at the end of the year. It sux but it's not worth the risk. Think about you and your family's well-being and safety. Like T&Y said, it's only food and household supplies.

Jefftowz

Formerly Old School Ultra
Reaction score
It happens at the Ralph’s all the time. The homeless load up a cart and walk out... staff is instructed to let them walk..... i

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
Yeah if you’re carrying, the absolute last thing you want to do is get involved.

There’s no threat to physical harm.
This is not your business.
Walk away and remove yourself from the situation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Wedgy

Reaction score
Speaking of Armed Robbery. I'm in the Risk group. I know it is serious. IMO, with all due respect. But This is the Biggest Armed Robbery in the World. Liberal Democrat Communists are Hell bent on crashing the Economy in order to enslave us. The more the numbers come in, statistics will bear this out. Again, IMO.

The U.N. WHO is playing us, and both sides of the Fence. Covering for the Chinese Communists, DemonRats, and Evil, the Fourth Estate (Media,) is pouring Gasoline on the Fire. They all want Chaos, so they can take over. Politics SUX, and Absolute Power corrupts, Absolutely.

At least a Building Contractor gets Shit done. I know He's not perfect, buy I for one am Damn glad it's a Builder, and not a Politician in charge.

dribble

Reaction score
I was at Wal Mart in a Ghetto neighborhood yesterday. No lines to get in. Store crowded but not out of control. I found everything I was shopping for. This store has always had an armed guard at the main exit.

dribble

Reaction score
Yeah if you’re carrying, the absolute last thing you want to do is get involved.

There’s no threat to physical harm.
This is not your business.
Walk away and remove yourself from the situation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last year at a grocery store in Loomis (Placer County) an employee tried to stop a couple who shoplifted a whole grocery cart full of stuff. The male started fighting with him and threw the female a knife and yelled at her to stab him. A CCW holder saw this and pulled his weapon and held them both at gun point until the Sheriff arrived. The following day the sheriff posted a thank you to the armed citizen and all CCW holders on their Facebook page.

oldschool

Reaction score
I was at Wal Mart in a Ghetto neighborhood yesterday. No lines to get in. Store crowded but not out of control. I found everything I was shopping for. This store has always had an armed guard at the main exit.
Gangsta

Reactions: DWC

84miller

Reaction score
My Ralphs, one door, line, only lets the next in line when someone leaves....cart person wipes the cart and lets you in.

Side note: once a few years back, I was in line to checkout. Guy in front of me had a ton of meat. As I stood there, checker looked like she was scanning, but no beep. I was curious about what the total was going to be because I was thinking around $200.00. Checker comes up with $5.30....
I waited for the sale to complete and the guy walking away, called the manager. It did not go well, call me an ass, but I hate theft.

Riley1

Reaction score
This has been happening for quite some time. Wife used to manage a Vons in SoCal. People stole like this daily. Cops straight refused to even show up unless an assault had taken place. Worthless. Other managers who had stopped thieves would get reprimanded by corporate. I was very fearful of something going down in that store someday.
We changed our whole life around getting here out of that environment.

Duffster

Reaction score
Most grocery stores have a wheel that locks on the carts theses days that automatically unlock after going through the check stand and paying. But will lockup if they try jamming out the front doors.