WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

loss of taste and smell

rmarion

Stop The Steal
Reaction score
Did you lose them?

How long before they returned?

Did you try any treatment to accelerate the return of these senses..

For me, I can barely smell apple cider vinegar out of one nostril...

can't taste a lemon.... or anything else

rvir4us

Anyone got some jack d?
Reaction score
I’m around day 5 of being positive and I lost all taste and smell yesterday. It absolutely sucks.. so I too would love to hear what can be done..

Outdrive1

Outdrive1 Marine Sales https://www.outdrive1.com/
Reaction score
I lost mine a year ago, and certain things still taste horrible to me. Like chemicals. Most anything green and raw. Lettuce. Jalapeños. Green peppers. Edamame. Random stuff that I used to love. It’s like eating a chlorine tab.

havasujeeper

Reaction score
Still have no taste or smell from contracting vid on 12/06/21. I also have the weird smell of tar or smoke at strange times, like after going to bed. I know my neighbor used peppermint oil to sniff and ate lemons frequently to knock her senses back into shape. I haven't gone that far.

EmpirE231

Reaction score
I never did, but my wife did... this was a year ago, and she has some days where she still can't smell much, and some days that she can... it's weird.

we are looking into getting some hydroxycholiquin, as she has been told by a few patients of hers that had the same situation... that after a few days of hyrdroxy...it came back 100%? worth trying

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score
My wife lost her sense of taste and smell when she had COVID. It took about 2-3 months for those senses to return. I never loss my sense of taste or smell when I had COVID. Although I did have a metallic taste when I drank water only.

79 HUSTLER

Reaction score
I hardly taste or smell anything since August 2021. Have had zero success with any of the suggestions I have tried.

shintoooo

I'm Blessed
Reaction score
My entire family had it and we did not lose taste or smell

BTR

2 Girls, 1 Wallet
Reaction score
No but the taste of almonds is very off putting now (I enjoy Hershey bars and peanut butter).

Backlash

Reaction score
I haven't had either for some time now. Prolly had the vid but DGAF! 😜

Tom Slick

Reaction score
I had Covid very early on (June 2020) and lost my taste and smell. My taste came back pretty quickly (2 months), but my smell is still effected to this day. For the most part I can not smell any bodily functions from myself, others and even pets. That's right, I can't smell a fart, even if I try. Many other smells are faint or not at all. Bacon, coffee, etc, can hardly smell them. But there are some smells at random times that are overly strong. And at times some smells will stick in my senses and are borderline nauseating for a day or so and then they go away. Most of the time I just smell fresh air, no odors at all.

rmarion

Stop The Steal
Reaction score
as AJ mentioned... I smell cigarette smoke also..

was weird last night...

I "HAD" a great sniffer...

I'm gonna try some hydroxychloroquine as someone mentioned...

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
I lost sense of smell completely for almost 3 weeks. Taste was only a week or so.
Odd people mention "smoke". Had a few incidents of that, which scares the hell out of me when it happens. In my shop I panic, did a spark light a rag? In my house, pellet stove or chimney?

Very weird how the effects differ so much from person to person.

Joe mama

Reaction score
Anything cooked in grease has a weird smell to me. It sucks but eat it anyways.

JUSTWANNARACE

I will not let them take me🤣🤣
Reaction score
Did you lose them?

I never lost taste or smell. But I'm still dealing with it.

HBCraig

Reaction score
Did you lose them?

No. Again, started ivermectin day 1 once I knew I was positive and 72 hours later I was symptom free.

Dan Lorenze

Reaction score
It's pretty crazy how different everyone is with their symptoms. I lost the majority of my taste and smell for about 2 weeks. I'm just now getting it back. But I know people that have gone months with no smell or taste. I want to say that we will all get it back eventually, just a matter of time. Sounds like we've all had different variants and levels of Covid.. Before Covid I haven't been sick in years.. Nothing.. My Covid lasted about 2 weeks and kind of kicked my butt. The gurgling in my chest and cough drove me crazy.

hman442

Reaction score
Thanksgiving 2020 lost smell and taste. Right now, I probably have 20% back. I can taste peanut butter, sorta some fruits. Hate salad now. Steak has zero taste. Just recently started smelling the frikkin cat box...oh, but it doesn't smell like cat shit, it has kind of a peppery smell. The brake clean spray at work smells different. I asked one guy if this new brand smells different. No he says, smells like it always has...not to me. But once in a while, a smell hits home. Six months ago, went to the inlaws house, I didn't even know the Traeger was going to be used. Walked up onto the deck and got a whif pof that beautiful smoke. Went back out 4-5 times...nothing. It's nerve damage at the brain. And.. why would we think that the damage only hits the smell/ taste nerves. It doesn't, that's what the " brain fog" that people talk about is. As far as the "burn orange peels and smell them" kind of remedies that are referred to as working, nada. Most people get it back pretty soon anyway, so, they sniff an orange twice a day for a week and smell comes back, well, it would have returned anyway.

ChiliPepperGarage

Well Known RDP Cart Returner
Reaction score
I thought I lost my smell but apparently not because everybody keeps telling me I stink! :oops: :D

Devilman

lol, yeah, sure, ok......
Reaction score
Never really lost sense of taste or smell, but some things tasted differently... or tasted weaker or stronger than normal. Same for my wife, she quit drinking coffee because it tasted weird to her... switched over to hot tea for about a month. 🤢 😄 And salt, ugh, didn't know if she was overdoing it on the salt when cooking or if it was just me, but we don't use much salt when cooking so probably was me.

Thinking back, for me mainly, it was beer... beer was the most noticeable thing that tasted strange/different for a bit. Don't know if it helped bring the taste back to normal for me any sooner or not cause I kept drinking it anyway, lol 😄

Ladsm

Reaction score
WHen I got it early in 2020 it made whiskey taste metallic. It saved me alot of $$ from not having to buy handles for awhile. I got the regular taste back now but cant stand the taste of soda any longer so its all about on the rocks in small quantities.

Nordie

Reaction score
The wife and I both lost smell and taste. I am back to about 80%, some things smell and taste off, other things are just faint taste and smell. For 2 weeks everything tasted like I was just eating salt.

I'll ask my wife where she is at with hers tonight. The other night I pulled a pretty good Dutch oven on her and she never said anything so I think her smell is still gone.

xlint89

Reaction score
dd75855d-5055-476c-9e81-e8eda05518dc-jpeg.1080548