WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Lost a good man yesterday - the river wont be the same

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
We lost a good man, and I lost a good friend yesterday.

Johnny Stark, of Needles Pair-A-Dice boat storage, lost his battle with Covid Thursday 10/14/21.

Johnny was a huge part of "the river" for me, and I'm sure for a lot of people.

He's the first person i'd see when I picked up the boat. He's the last person i'd see when I'd leave.

We'd stop and talk even when I wasn't boating, Summer and Winter.

He'd call me to ask "where the hell are ya??? You coming out again this season????".

He'd call to bullshit.

He'd call to see if anyone I knew needed anything for the upcoming weekend.

He'd let you know a trailer tire was losing air and he was having to add air frequently.

He'd warn me about the water levels, weather, future weather - He was the news. Although, i'm not sure i'd ever launch the boat if I listened to everything! But he'd warn ya....what you did with that info was up to you! Don't say Johnny didn't warn ya......

The guy was just above and beyond. HE CARED.

He always offered a helping hand or pointed me in the right direction.

Johnny was a genuine, honest, downright GOOD guy that had your back and im proud to have been his friend for the past 11 years.

I spoke with Pair-A-Dice yesterday, they will be looking for a new operations guy to handle daily activities, and the owners will be staffing the place themselves in the interim. For customers, they asked that we please be patient and minimize requests for the time being so they can process the loss and get their feet under them. Johnny was their friend and considered family too.

RIP Johnny ......love you man, watch over us and ask the big guy to keep the river levels in check.

3q_PApbpYEHU2aLjZ5L9YM7WJ6R8YM4fhYxHt6GxYtUOC5eoPMfcA7QWxa-23k0Iz9o5f1RsWPlncIcZ1NDQyq4zc5w3yIwDf7KY5cVKNK2Zs511951Q9vCJNTdPsb8zlpDPUF2SDxTctrEdcFPsnInp1rdUGLWvZXlioiIP-PpIqZL5zOBdeanQzpCYYG71QizNrSaNWIZ9IMrtEKxTOIJIBIP1eONdiOY9jLepT8w64kVuIEktv2zIks4VWzC8JqUniZIE37FuD6f8yqOsrQzj7bcUozYxvuB7FWHToANHO218wRZQJG0zmD3qt0g97omq2Vu_oNewLAaO1bQh5qWKMQNechly2iOCws2OX9o7j9rTPKPBk-YofU-qVOs_opTSpn2S1bq1JKIQQyz79H-mGhpkGkei6d9Oxl055Djuy8rDSt3kmthZLAGohI5lJjmpIvBe8X1_y9c-RW_cYcLiZXQtRTVOOiSD6p1C9OitVo7nUhV67FHtPr672wqt3_0JPQaVLyu5Xf8J8ta8Guv38uwfnCRkNs9knzAaSn-IgXENFpysXU7uP69hEfHaXNyXuMkV5ufdH-TXnHJeRTN3IrfeHuJS3_5dgcIqh3qLUS5jyLHfqfHmX5vKQHwcZeZiaPyFmTgVrZcBpfLwv-HSpnsrBE180awGTrTaKxoTGC77Lam0P5LGP2kfloAg30bMdN28llpGgXnHJY12voKh=w741-h692-no

Last edited:

Jefftowz

Formerly Old School Ultra
Reaction score
He truly was a great guy, like Jerry said above he would call me and ask if I was coming out, he would warn me about the weather with a text message, whenever I come through with a cool car I would always stop and see him and show it to him…, Even after I moved my boat from his facility he continue to call text and check in which says a lot in today’s day and age. Such a Horrible loss… My condolences to his friend and family.

NicPaus

Reaction score
Condolences.
Today is Dave's 50th Birthday our River neighbor at Echo that passed from covid a week ago. He was a frequent face I saw at the river for the last 10 years and always bullshitted with.

HB2LHC

Reaction score
Sorry for your loss. Rest in paradise Johnny!

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
Sorry for your and everyone else’s loss. Another good man gone

gqchris

Reaction score
RIP Johnny.

What sucks is that I am sure Johnny worked all thru this china attack, and I am sure he crossed paths with many Covid Positive visitors. He did not have the opportunity to work “remote”. I thank and respect him for that.

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
RIP Johnny.

What sucks is that I am sure Johnny worked all thru this china attack, and I am sure he crossed paths with many Covid Positive visitors. He did not have the opportunity to work “remote”. I thank and respect him for that.
Never skipped a beat

Big B Hova

HOSS
Reaction score
Johnny was more than an employee at pair-a-dice. He was the source of all local info. Repair shops, gas stations, places to eat, weather forecasts, boat events, river conditions. You name it. Almost like a tour guide. And always smiling. RIP Johnny! The picture of him on the forklift is priceless.

Outdrive1

Outdrive1 Marine Sales https://www.outdrive1.com/
Reaction score
Met him a few times picking up and dropping off boats. Didn’t know him well but he was always pleasant to deal with. RIP Johnnie.

Dan Lorenze

Reaction score
Man, he sounded like a great guy.. I wished I could have met him. I'm sorry for your loss. Rest easy, Johnny

MohavValley

Reaction score
Anybody know the details of his "COVID" or the treatment he received?

Haxxed/ non-haxxed? Remdesivor, vanko, vent, etc?

Hearing about a lot more "COVID" deaths but all are light on details and I'm interested to see if a pattern emerges to piece together what's actually killing people.

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
Anybody know the details of his "COVID" or the treatment he received?

Haxxed/ non-haxxed? Remdesivor, vanko, vent, etc?

Hearing about a lot more "COVID" deaths but all are light on details and I'm interested to see if a pattern emerges to piece together what's actually killing people.
Johnny wasn’t in the best of health, but he worked every day. Covid put him in the hospital with breathing issues, last he posted was that he was on oxygen and a BPAP machine that was helping to pushing air into his lungs. According to friends he was coherent and seemed to be getting a little better but took a quick turn downhill.