WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Lost a great guy Friday night

DickieB

Reaction score
My friend of 40+ years passed in his sleep at his house in the keys.
I'm sure a lot of you knew Byron Ashley, husband of Lari for about 46 years, father of Lisa and Lauri, grandfather and great grandfather and owner of 36' Nor Tec "Phat Cat", Conquest deck, "Scaredy Cat" and many others.

Byron was an amazing self made guy that could and would build anything. Experienced pilot for many years, sand car guy and always there for his family and friends.

His passing is going to leave a HUGE void in a lot of lives.

Rest in peace my friend, we'll see you at that big poker run on the other side

cole_skier

Reaction score
Sorry for your loss. Thoughts and prayers for his family.

Paul65k

Schiada Baby.......Yeah!!
Reaction score
Sorry for your loss....RIP

GRADS

Phishing license is paid up to date
Reaction score
Yep, nice guy. Met him once when he brought Phat Cat up to the Bridge to Bridge here in Sacramento. Sorry for your loss.

estaban

Reaction score
Yep, nice guy. Met him once when he brought Phat Cat up to the Bridge to Bridge here in Sacramento. Sorry for your loss.

We we to their house last Sunday for mex awsome people what aloss

572ext

Reaction score
Wow that is just awful news Godspeed Byron

last1

Reaction score
I was one of the lucky people that new Byron. We lost a great guy.

wallnutz

Reaction score
Did some off road racing with Byron, great guy, he will be missed RIP

Squirtsfar

Reaction score
I was lucky enough to race, boat and split bread with Byron and his lovely wife Lari. One of the most generous, fun loving guys I have had the pleasure of calling friend. His death is causing a void in my wife and I's heart. We are still in shock. My thoughts and prayers go out to Lari and family. The boating community lost a truly great guy. It just wont be the same coming to the river without him.... :(

RIP my friend....

JRS1939

Reaction score
Wow Byron was an absolutely amazing person. I'm devastated for the family. This is a tough way to find out about it. I'm going to have to make some calls that I really hate making. We're losing entirely too many GOOD people around here these days.

Justinlhc

Reaction score
I'm currently working on Byron and Lari's new home. I'm sorry to those that knew him. He seemed like a great guy. I talked to one of his employees candidly a few weeks ago while they were doing some metal work on his house. He told me Byron was a great guy to work for and really cares about his employees. I always hate when people praise someone after they're gone and claim they were great, but when people say it while you're still alive that says something. Byron was super cool to me and always greeted me with a smile and a "good morning, Justin". I've only known him since the construction of his home began, but I'm extremely sad he's gone. He's probably up there fabricating a new set of gates right now though haha. Any issues we ran into regarding his house were met with a "I can build that" and you knew damn well he could.

Rest in peace, Byron.