WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Lost another friend to alcohol

SoCalDave

Reaction score
Went to her services tonight not really knowing what she passed of. Loving mother of two beautiful daughters age 8 and 5, supporting loving hardworking husband. I just can't wrap my head around how someone can let something like this take their life...lost my older sister several years ago as well of the same addiction.
How can anyone with a family be so inconsiderate to their loved ones. Tough deal for all...RIP Vero.

throttle

c ya on da lake
Reaction score
Went to her services tonight not really knowing what she passed of. Loving mother of two beautiful daughters age 8 and 5, supporting loving hardworking husband. I just can't wrap my head around how someone can let something like this take their life...lost my older sister several years ago as well of the same addiction.
How can anyone with a family be so inconsiderate to their loved ones. Tough deal for all...RIP Vero.

sad story, RIP

BTR

2 Girls, 1 Wallet
Reaction score
Sorry for your loss. Lost my good friend a few months ago. Another friend is now on permanent disability due to liver failure. He’s on the waiting list for a transplant. 2 weeks ago, yet another friend wound up hospitalized for liver failure; he caught it in time and will be ok but can never drink again. Makes no sense to me either. Never liked alcohol. Makes me tired and nauseous. I am crazy enough dead sober. Got into the straight edge scene in high school and never looked back.

DLC

Reaction score
Sorry to hear about your loss, seems so petty. Really sad to think 2 kids growing up without their mom

its hard to keep in mind it’s an addictive disease and like other drugs once it gets ahold of someone it doesn’t let them go.

SoCalDave

Reaction score
its hard to keep in mind it’s an addictive disease and like other drugs once it gets ahold of someone it doesn’t let them go.

Yeah even being states away I watched my sister let it totally destroy her and her family. Even came to the point where her husband and 17 yo son left her as they could take seeing her drink herself to death. We all tried to help but she didn't want it. The mind is a powerful thing when it comes to substance addiction.

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about this Dave.

SoCalDave

Reaction score
Just feel for the kids and what they most likely witnessed as she was abusive to him when she drank by my observation. He's a good man and will take care of his girls.

lenmann

Reaction score
Sorry to hear about your loss, my thoughts are with your friends family and you.

The science about brain chemistry and addiction is growing every day. It's becoming very clear that some among us are susceptible more than others, much like some of us will have cancer and others won't.

I hope you and her family can find a little peace in this terrible time.

28Eliminator

Reaction score
Sad deal.. sorry man!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

C-2

Reaction score
Awww man, sorry to read about your friend and sister.

Similar story, about this time last year my high school best friend, and his wife, both died from booze within 2-weeks of each other, leaving their 15-year old son orphaned. Before they died my friend's mom grabbed his son and whisked him off to AZ as they drank themselves into oblivion and eventually, death. His mom and orphaned son Colin recently found themselves in a legal battle that made it onto nationwide news CNN Story

Growing up we partied pretty hard. From booze to every form of white powder there was, all of our friends did the same and I thought it was normal.

Kid you not, one day while driving down the 91 freeway 14-years ago, I had that "moment of clarity";

God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
courage to change the things I can,
and the wisdom to know the difference.

Boom, there it was. Simple. My takeaway was some people can drink, others cannot.

I'm a person who can't drink so I stopped. No AA, no hitting rock bottom. I still don't know how or why I found myself in that moment on the 91, but I'm damn glad it found me!

RIP to your sister and friend, and to the others lost down the same path.

wettrthebettr

Reaction score
Sorry to here of your lost Dave, I to lost my Brother from alcohol, found him on the floor with a Empty gal of rum on the table.
my Brother loved family, but he loved being drunk better. A drunk does not think how they will hurt Family by drinking too much.

Mikes56

Reaction score
Sorry to hear.

I had a buddy pass away a couple months ago from liver cancer. He was diagnosed with fatty liver, but he kept drinking. The it went to cirrhosis of the liver, and he kept drinking. Then liver cancer and he died 3 months later. It kinda pissed me off that he would do that to himself.

Ladsm

Reaction score
Thats sad, I was on the dating seen for a few years recently and met alot of girls addicted to Prescription drugs, illegal drugs or just drunk 24/7. So many bad things are the norm nowadays that people dont think twice about it anymore.

HB2Havasu

Reaction score
Sorry for your loss!!! RIP

I have a friend who’s now in his early 50’s that drinks himself into a blackout every Friday & Saturday night. Doesn’t drink during the week which is odd. I’m afraid he’s going to die from cirrhosis soon. He’s been doing this for 30+ years. Not sure how long your liver can maintain this type of abuse?

Dont get me wrong. I dont have a problem knocking back a few coldies on the weekend just not a 30 pack, lol.

C-2

Reaction score
My sister is blasted everyday. It used to be I couldn't speak to her on the phone after 6:00 p.m. because she was incoherent. Now, the cutoff time is around noon to 1:00 p.m. Soon, I'm sure it will be 24/7. She's knows it won't end up good; our father died as a functioning alcoholic when we were teens.

Her husband is the same way. But, they don't have kids, they live on Newport Coast and they always have a Ferrari in the garage. Whom am I to tell her how to live?

As mentioned, I too know more women alcoholics than men. That's hard to wrap my mind around, but it speaks to the fact some people are simply not wired to drink alcohol.

nameisbond

Reaction score
Sorry for the loss.

Its rough, going through it with my brother. He was in the hospital a few weeks with a swollen liver. His wife is about to leave him with my nephew. Brother won't stop and will likely end up dead. Nothing I can do to stop him.

brgrcru

Reaction score
sorry for your loss. only they can change , most don't.

alcoholism sucks. The one thing I know all to well.

RaceTec

Reaction score
Alcohol has had a huge impact on my life, from ex's to just dropping my best friend of 30 years off at rehab this week. Sorry for your loss, so sad!

mobldj

Reaction score
my ex wife just died 2 weeks ago,drank half a gallon of vodka straight every day. ridiculous

Bullet28

Nor Cal Delta
Reaction score
Sorry for your loss Dave, it has affected my family more than once. I’ll be honest it woke my ass up.

185EZ

Takin it EZ
Reaction score
So sorry to hear
Literally just 30 minutes ago our neighbor passed away. 60 years young.
Was in rehab for a couple weeks and sent him home. First they gave him a couple months and put him on morphine.
Next was a couple weeks but he didn't even last a week.
So sad.
For you guys that drink all night till you can't see straight and then wake up in the morning to have some hair of the dog that bit you last night, wake up.
This shit is real.
Talk to your family or friends now before it's too late.

Looking Glass

1 = Well = Known = Member
Reaction score
So sorry to hear
Literally just 30 minutes ago our neighbor passed away. 60 years young.
Was in rehab for a couple weeks and sent him home. First they gave him a couple months and put him on morphine.
Next was a couple weeks but he didn't even last a week.
So sad.
For you guys that drink all night till you can't see straight and then wake up in the morning to have some hair of the dog that bit you last night, wake up.
This shit is real.
Talk to your family or friends now before it's too late.

I have the feeling that this has hit a nerve, BUT!! nothing will change. I young=I'll be fine=never happen to me=I don't drink that much. Damn,just look at some of the Screen names on here. I bet there is many here that drink Every day and more than one OR two.

rrrr

Reaction score
my ex wife just died 2 weeks ago,drank half a gallon of vodka straight every day. ridiculous

My ex won't be far behind. She gets home from work at 5:30, by 8:00 she is unconscious.

It's a horrible thing.

GRADS

Phishing license is paid up to date
Reaction score
Why do I feel like I'm fucked after reading this thread?