WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

LOST LAKE!!! Possibly on fire, mandatory evacuation issued

warpt71

Lower River Lover
Reaction score
I am guessing they are focused on protecting LL more than anything else. I think it is about 6 miles to the next park, Hidden Valley.
Hidden Valley is the next park south and your probably right on the milage.

Most of the homes have plenty of clear space from the brush. The issue is that the houses are soo close together that if one goes up, you have the potential to loose an entire row. That's my concern and I face the edge of the park.

warpt71

Lower River Lover
Reaction score
Latest that I read is that the fire circled around the park and crossed our lagoon. The park is supposedly without power now and no plans to restore it till Tuesday. Thanks CRIT if that's true! My plans for the weekend just got tossed up into the air. I can't deal without power. If they will open the park I can go get my boat and still get on the water somewhere else this weekend, but it doesn't really seem worth it. Hoping daylight helps answer all this tomorrow

Tommy Gun Images

Media Lackey
Staff member
Reaction score
Just now

95B665C6-EFFA-49A3-9606-C46E797058A6.jpeg
AABB2CAE-E2EC-49AE-ACC5-68034E4D8747.jpeg

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
I hope they can keep the homes safe. Yes, it may suck to lose a weekend, but one weekend or an entire season...or worse :(

NicPaus

Reaction score
Pics from Vidal and the turn off to big river. Came through 2 hours ago and it was blazing. Hopefully no structures burned.

Attachments

• FullSizeR1(2).jpg
    FullSizeR1(2).jpg
    212.8 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_26141.jpg
    IMG_26141.jpg
    340.6 KB · Views: 49

zx14

The Skipper
Reaction score
Still smell it in N end of havasu

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
First and foremost I hope that residents of Lost Lake are safe and there is minimal impact to their properties.

Just wanted to give an update from the South side of Havasu. Woke up at 4am and went outside could not see any glow from the fires. THe smoke smell is much less than last night. We can see all land formations around us where we could not last night. Went out 5 minutes ago now that it is getting light. The smell is minimal but might impact the wife on the water today. Smoke has always given her migraines. We shall how this impacts our weened.

Last edited:

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
No AC and plans screwed up for the weekend, oh the horror

76 Hondo

76 Hondo
Reaction score
Last night around 10:30, my place is right on the lagoon(old River channel)

Attachments

• DA61F1AA-B3BB-4F16-9403-71C23109ECEC.jpeg
    DA61F1AA-B3BB-4F16-9403-71C23109ECEC.jpeg
    166.1 KB · Views: 237
  • 20629FA7-0360-4EFB-B19A-F3C412270511.jpeg
    20629FA7-0360-4EFB-B19A-F3C412270511.jpeg
    118.9 KB · Views: 237
  • 36C82F47-06EB-49B0-8970-E3EBE7AED31D.jpeg
    36C82F47-06EB-49B0-8970-E3EBE7AED31D.jpeg
    98.8 KB · Views: 236

warpt71

Lower River Lover
Reaction score
Last night around 10:30, my place is right on the lagoon(old River channel)

Thats one way to clear the reeds!

It really is amazing how much vegetation there is out there. Glad they did some land clearing along the entrance rode a few years ago

warpt71

Lower River Lover
Reaction score
I
No AC and plans screwed up for the weekend, oh the horror
Could probably deal with no AC for a weekend but then have no way to cook either (electric stove and oven) Hot water? That's electric too. If the park has no power, guess what, we have no running water either. I've got 4 kids that were looking forward to going to our river house this weekend and seeing their friends as was I. That doesn't mean the weekend is ruined but changing plans the day before sux! I have a whole bunch of other reasons why this sucks but I won't get into that.

For those that have been to LL, you probably get it. For the rest, maybe you should come check it out sometime 👍👍

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
All homes and trailers are fine. All brush surrounding burnt. If I get word the the power is on I'm headed down asap.

Great save!!!

I would imagine it's gonna be quite awhile before they get power back on. If memory serves, the power lines and poles were above ground. That shit has to be all just ash by now.

Great news the park is still there. 👍🏼

warpt71

Lower River Lover
Reaction score
Great save!!!

I would imagine it's gonna be quite awhile before they get power back on. If memory serves, the power lines and poles were above ground. That shit has to be all just ash by now.

Great news the park is still there. 👍🏼

Power comes from across the river out of Poston. Runs through LL and down to Hidden Valley. I'm hoping they work on that today but hot spots will probably limit the amount of work that can be done.

warpt71

Lower River Lover
Reaction score
The 95 is closed in both directions from just outside Blythe to Vidal.

I know some people got back in this morning. Im hoping being a "resident" might get me through.

Actually, Im hoping the fire can be contained today and power restored to the park!!! Im really ready for some boating and sunshine 🍻

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Jet boat, holiday weekend, 4 little kids by myself, Parker sounds perfect!!!!

It's been unusually quiet this year out there. Price of gas maybe? But I Never go on holiday weekends, or any weekends, for that matter. Good luck if you decide to go there. 👍🏼

warpt71

Lower River Lover
Reaction score
It's been unusually quiet this year out there. Price of gas maybe? But I Never go on holiday weekends, or any weekends, for that matter. Good luck if you decide to go there. 👍🏼

Ive got friends up in Big River. Not that they have room for my crew but we'll see

McCredie A

Reaction score
Was planning on heading to hidden beaches tomorrow morning. Can you access hidden beaches? Would be coming from the 10 to 95 north. How bad is the air quality? Trying to figure out if it is worth going.

warpt71

Lower River Lover
Reaction score
Was planning on heading to hidden beaches tomorrow morning. Can you access hidden beaches? Would be coming from the 10 to 95 north. How bad is the air quality? Trying to figure out if it is worth going.

Last I heard was that the 95 was closed at 2nd in Blythe. Hidden Beaches is off of 6th so I would say you are good to get there. Winds and the fire, have been blowing north as well.

BoatCop

Retired And Loving It.
Reaction score
I Really wish I woulda bought/leased something there back in the day. 👍🏼

No you don't. At least not right now.

All the Resort leases (Big River, Blue Water Lagoon, Lost Lake, etc) are up in 2029. CRIT MAY renew them, but look for lease payments to sky-rocket. Does anyone think they're going to continue those riverfront $60 a month leases signed in the 1960s? I would also guess that they will demand upgrades to a lot of the older tin-can trailers with plywood additions.

I sold my Blue Water Lagoon place in February. Even with a zero dollar lease, I'm glad to have gotten out of it, before the market dies as it gets closer to lease expiration. My guess is that the leases will start in the mid $400s to $500+ for a non-riverfront lot and go up from there.

warpt71

Lower River Lover
Reaction score
If any if that burnt area is up wash from LL you don't want to be there if that wash runs this monsoon.

LL folks should discuss that or consider some prep.

Ive spent some time looking at the map and I know the area really well, I dont think there is a wash that dumps into the river in this burn area. Im actually pretty surprised! The area that Im looking is from the intersection of 95 and Wilson Rd down to 95 and about mile marker 30. I believe that the fire was contained to the east side of the 95. MM30 is where there is a dirt road that runs out to the rivers edge, Ive always called that 1mile Rd.

warpt71

Lower River Lover
Reaction score

All the Resort leases (Big River, Blue Water Lagoon, Lost Lake, etc) are up in 2029. CRIT MAY renew them, but look for lease payments to sky-rocket. Does anyone think they're going to continue those riverfront $60 a month leases signed in the 1960s? I would also guess that they will demand upgrades to a lot of the older tin-can trailers with plywood additions.

I sold my Blue Water Lagoon place in February. Even with a zero dollar lease, I'm glad to have gotten out of it, before the market dies as it gets closer to lease expiration. My guess is that the leases will start in the mid $400s to $500+ for a non-riverfront lot and go up from there.

CRIT already took over LL about 3years ago, our rent is $430/month. It was $350

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score

You are assuming CRIT will retain Their lease from the BLM??

I heard all about this deal. You're right, it's all up for grabs in a few more years. Big River (the Indians) are trying to renegotiate their lease with the BLM, and I've heard its not going so well!

The argument is about the school in Big River that was built but never opened?

So who knows what will happen when the CRIT lease on the Big River parcel runs out. Absolutely, it won't be good!!!

If I was a betting man, I'd wager CRA will take over that lease and jack the rates to the moon.

If the Indians retain the lease, the rates will go to the stars!!! 🤣

Hence why I said...

I wish I woulda got one of those leases WAY back in the day. The party will be over soon either way. 😔

Activated

Deplorable
Reaction score
Last I heard was that the 95 was closed at 2nd in Blythe. Hidden Beaches is off of 6th so I would say you are good to get there. Winds and the fire, have been blowing north as well.
We are closer to Aha Quin…my wife got in last night. I am on my way shortly.

BoatCop

Retired And Loving It.
Reaction score
You are assuming CRIT will retain Their lease from the BLM??

I heard all about this deal. You're right, it's all up for grabs in a few more years. Big River (the Indians) are trying to renegotiate their lease with the BLM, and I've heard its not going so well!

The argument is about the school in Big River that was built but never opened?

So who knows what will happen when the CRIT lease on the Big River parcel runs out. Absolutely, it won't be good!!!

If I was a betting man, I'd wager CRA will take over that lease and jack the rates to the moon.

If the Indians retain the lease, the rates will go to the stars!!! 🤣

Hence why I said...

I wish I woulda got one of those leases WAY back in the day. The party will be over soon either way. 😔
CRIT has no leases with BLM. Their land is Reservation, decreed by Congress. There are areas in question, such as the west bank of the Colorado River in California, south of Big River, that USED to be considered BLM, but CRIT claimed it as Reservation, based on several Congressional and Dept of Interior acts and actions. No court has been able to prove otherwise, but that's a different subject. There are areas of Big River that are BLM, but those aren't managed in any way by CRIT. The problem with the Big River School was getting electricity to them. BIA would not provide power to non-Indian land (which the school is on) and SCE wouldn't run lines across Tribal land, which would be necessary to get power to the school. That has been rectified and the school will be opening, this year.

Big River was a private lease from CRIT back in the '60s, just as Blue Water Lagoon was. It was called "Big RIver Development". CRIT took over management (bought out Big River Development) of both, some time ago. BW Lagoon is now under the umbrella of Big River Development, which is essentially CRIT Realty. Those, along with Aha Quinn, are being run/managed directly by CRIT. I think that Lost Lake has a master lease from CRIT that was able to keep it, when the lease holder met conditions placed on it by CRIT. They collect space rents/lease payments from the individual lot residents, and pay a static lease payment amount to CRIT. For Big RIver, BW Lagoon, Aha Quinn, etc, the individual spaces pay their lease payments/space rent directly to CRIT, via Big River Development.

The Indians have no leases with BLM. The Reservation is theirs, and they manage nothing off of it. The conflict, such as the one around Red Rooster, is simply over the western boundary of the Reservation, which was declared by Congress in 1865, as the western edge of the Colorado River. It was written that way to preserve CRIT's legal water rights. The question was, is it a fixed boundary, or is it riparian that changes with the flow of the River. CRIT maintains that it was a fixed boundary set by the flow and high water mark(s) existing at the time the Reservation boundaries were set by Congress. Opponents felt that it was riparian, and changed whenever the river's course changed. That specific situation has never been ruled on by a court, as CRIT has always claimed Tribal Sovereign Immunity.

The questioned land was originally leased out by BLM, until CRIT had the entire Reservation surveyed and they argued that it was, and always had been, CRIT Reservation. BLM conceded and CRIT took over whatever leases that BLM held. But they NEVER "leased" any land directly from BLM. A false thinking is that CRIT "owns" land. They don't "own" ANY land.* The Reservation is Federal Land, held in trust by Congress for the benefit of the Tribe.

*There may be individual parcels that they own, bought from the deed holders, but those would be deeded parcels, such as deeded lots within the town of Parker, or a couple of plots in the Parker Valley, which were homesteaded and settled prior to Congress creating the Reservation. However, they wouldn't bring any purchased lands under the trust, as it would make them essentially worthless. The only real difference between them "owning" deeded lots, and any Reservation/Trust land, is that they can sell the deeded lots, but cannot sell Trust land.

In the town of Parker, the roads, streets, alleys, schools, parks, some government parcels, etc. are Tribal Trust/Reservation land, operating under an easement from Congress/Tribes. If for any reason, those plots, streets, schools, parks, etc. are abandoned and no longer used for the specified purpose, they revert to Trust status and CRIT control and management.

res.jpg

warpt71

Lower River Lover
Reaction score
@BoatCop Lost Lake is already under CRIT management. Bob brown was not able to negotiate a longer lease after trying for almost 5 years.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
CRIT has no leases with BLM. Their land is Reservation, decreed by Congress. There are areas in question, such as the west bank of the Colorado River in California, south of Big River, that USED to be considered BLM, but CRIT claimed it as Reservation, based on several Congressional and Dept of Interior acts and actions. No court has been able to prove otherwise, but that's a different subject. There are areas of Big River that are BLM, but those aren't managed in any way by CRIT. The problem with the Big River School was getting electricity to them. BIA would not provide power to non-Indian land (which the school is on) and SCE wouldn't run lines across Tribal land, which would be necessary to get power to the school. That has been rectified and the school will be opening, this year.

Big River was a private lease from CRIT back in the '60s, just as Blue Water Lagoon was. It was called "Big RIver Development". CRIT took over management (bought out Big River Development) of both, some time ago. BW Lagoon is now under the umbrella of Big River Development, which is essentially CRIT Realty. Those, along with Aha Quinn, are being run/managed directly by CRIT. I think that Lost Lake has a master lease from CRIT that was able to keep it, when the lease holder met conditions placed on it by CRIT. They collect space rents/lease payments from the individual lot residents, and pay a static lease payment amount to CRIT. For Big RIver, BW Lagoon, Aha Quinn, etc, the individual spaces pay their lease payments/space rent directly to CRIT, via Big River Development.

The Indians have no leases with BLM. The Reservation is theirs, and they manage nothing off of it. The conflict, such as the one around Red Rooster, is simply over the western boundary of the Reservation, which was declared by Congress in 1865, as the western edge of the Colorado River. It was written that way to preserve CRIT's legal water rights. The question was, is it a fixed boundary, or is it riparian that changes with the flow of the River. CRIT maintains that it was a fixed boundary set by the flow and high water mark(s) existing at the time the Reservation boundaries were set by Congress. Opponents felt that it was riparian, and changed whenever the river's course changed. That specific situation has never been ruled on by a court, as CRIT has always claimed Tribal Sovereign Immunity.

The questioned land was originally leased out by BLM, until CRIT had the entire Reservation surveyed and they argued that it was, and always had been, CRIT Reservation. BLM conceded and CRIT took over whatever leases that BLM held. But they NEVER "leased" any land directly from BLM. A false thinking is that CRIT "owns" land. They don't "own" ANY land.* The Reservation is Federal Land, held in trust by Congress for the benefit of the Tribe.

*There may be individual parcels that they own, bought from the deed holders, but those would be deeded parcels, such as deeded lots within the town of Parker, or a couple of plots in the Parker Valley, which were homesteaded and settled prior to Congress creating the Reservation. However, they wouldn't bring any purchased lands under the trust, as it would make them essentially worthless. The only real difference between them "owning" deeded lots, and any Reservation/Trust land, is that they can sell the deeded lots, but cannot sell Trust land.

In the town of Parker, the roads, streets, alleys, schools, parks, some government parcels, etc. are Tribal Trust/Reservation land, operating under an easement from Congress/Tribes. If for any reason, those plots, streets, schools, parks, etc. are abandoned and no longer used for the specified purpose, they revert to Trust status and CRIT control and management.

View attachment 1120347

So Big River is NOT BLM land leased by the CRIT?

No way, no how??

I heard it was from two different people. One had a place there, and the other was a woman at the launch ramp guard house.

She said...

Her family owned Parker Oil. She seemed pretty legit to me?

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score

Post 19.

Maybe @rivrrts429 can shed some light on this subject as well?