WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Lost My Watercraft Title

riverratmike

Reaction score
Ok, I know I'm screwed here. I need to sell my watercraft. Went to look for the title and it's nowhere to be found. What do I need to do to get a duplicate copy? I'd appreciate any help or info. Thanks.

Kailuaboy89

Aloha Airliner
Reaction score
Go to the DMV, and get a "lost or duplicate title form" fill it out and pay a small fee, or just save the form, and sell it without title to the new owner, and they can get it when they transfer ownership at the DMV. iv'e done it that way many times.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Go to the DMV, and get a "lost or duplicate title form" fill it out and pay a small fee, or just save the form, and sell it without title to the new owner, and they can get it when they transfer ownership at the DMV. iv'e done it that way many times.

If it's for watercraft it's going to he AZGF. mike go on their website really quick. You can do way more stuff on their than you think! You might just be able to call them and they will send you another

Kailuaboy89

Aloha Airliner
Reaction score
If it's for watercraft it's going to he AZGF. mike go on their website really quick. You can do way more stuff on their than you think! You might just be able to call them and they will send you another

Yea, im sure AZ is different, and most likely hella better than CA! lol!

obnoxious001

Engine building character
Reaction score
Ok, I know I'm screwed here. I need to sell my watercraft. Went to look for the title and it's nowhere to be found. What do I need to do to get a duplicate copy? I'd appreciate any help or info. Thanks.

There is no AZ title, it's the registration card that you are supposed to have on the vessel.

riverratmike

Reaction score
thanks Dave, I just was on their website looking all around it for a while and couldn't locate anything about a title replacement. If you have time maybe look yourself and see if you can find something about getting the title replaced. I couldn't.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
thanks Dave, I just was on their website looking all around it for a while and couldn't locate anything about a title replacement. If you have time maybe look yourself and see if you can find something about getting the title replaced. I couldn't.

Pretty sure Barry (Obnoxious) is right. There is no title. I just looked at my registration and everything needed to transfer to a new owner is on it.

RD

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
Correct, AZ is titleless. You use the slip that comes with your registration every year to transfer the vessel.

riverratmike

Reaction score
well that's a relief! that's why I can't find the title/pink slip. Thanks everyone.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
well that's a relief! that's why I can't find the title/pink slip. Thanks everyone.

You are very welcome. Nice to see you online again! Miss your photo's! (Also miss the adventures with Happy Dog.. That was my favorite dog ever outside of my own of course)

RD

riverratmike

Reaction score
You are very welcome. Nice to see you online again! Miss your photo's! (Also miss the adventures with Happy Dog.. That was my favorite dog ever outside of my own of course)

RD

Thanks Dave, Happy Dog is gone. Was the worst day of my life! It was awful. She passed at the vet after they gave her some meds. Didn't help her and she suffered for about 1/2hr and died. I'm glad I wasn't there. I miss that dog so much!
We'll going to try to get back into the boating scene. Still looking for a pontoon, very limited on funds so no tri-toon for me. Should have something here in a few weeks.

shueman

Reaction score
Correct, AZ is titleless. You use the slip that comes with your registration every year to transfer the vessel.

You need the title for the trailer as well in a vessel transfer obviously ... AZ puts the lien on the trailer. Both agencies are in Kingman, my "new" destination it seems these days. When it's a CA PTI, things get even more interesting.