WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Lot Full of Molds

Backlash

Reaction score
I was out running around today and stumbled across this little hole in the wall. I'm sure many know, but whenever I see these sitting around, it always peaks my interest. I catch myself wondering who owns them, what are their plans with them, and why aren't they using them?

20220126_120339.jpg

20220126_120344.jpg

What say ye? 😁

Backlash

Reaction score
It looked like a combination of manufacturers to me, but I absolutely don't know for certain. I think the big one is a Lavey, but the other smaller molds almost look like Commander models. 🤷‍♂️

I wasn't in a hurry when I drove past, so I figured I'd snap a few pics as it ads some boating content to RDP.

Backlash

Reaction score
If that's the case, this thread will reach 90 pages too! 😁

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
It looked like a combination of manufacturers to me, but I absolutely don't know for certain. I think the big one is a Lavey, but the other smaller molds almost look like Commander models. 🤷‍♂️

I wasn't in a hurry when I drove past, so I figured I'd snap a few pics as it ads some boating content to RDP.

I was thinking the same.. some look like commanders?

BIGRED9158

Reaction score
Where is that at in hemet I live in hemet I wanna drive by it

Ladsm

Reaction score
I am sure the commander molds made it out there and some of the other closed boats shops. I will hit up Curt over at Luxe Boats, he seems to know what molds are hidden around town.

sirbob

Reaction score
Pretty sure that’s very near the building my boat was laid up. If it’s the place I think it is, there are all sorts of brands / models there.

Sleek Chode

Reaction score
Fiber composites is where Tahiti Boats is or where they lay them up. Find that guy on here who owns Tahiti and the yard you were looking in was his old business partner. Those molds were moved over off Wentworth dr. Probably 2020 ish???? Lots of cool old molds in there.

old rigger

Reaction score
I was out running around today and stumbled across this little hole in the wall. I'm sure many know, but whenever I see these sitting around, it always peaks my interest. I catch myself wondering who owns them, what are their plans with them, and why aren't they using them?

View attachment 1083106

View attachment 1083107

What say ye? 😁
Aren't some of those Stan's molds he had for sale last year? I know the boat I circled was one of his as I rigged some of the first ones out of the mold a few decades ago. I was rigging them with those outboard jet setups and not the one in the pic with a traditional outboard hanging off the transom.

Maybe, I dunno?

00w0w_lxcwGOlnD31_600x450.jpg
fullsizeoutput_5cdc.jpeg

Attachments

• 00s0s_853e9CW25lq_600x450.jpg
    00s0s_853e9CW25lq_600x450.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 65
Last edited:

DarkHorseRacing

Reaction score
The 32 really looks like a Lavey, but the rest aren't jumping out at me as to the make.

I believe Eliminator got rid of their Eagle molds but I cant confirm it. Nor do those look like Eagles.

Backlash

Reaction score
What's really amazing to me, is how much money the manufacturers spent on building those molds back in the day. Whether it was a brand new "One-off" mold tooled from the ground up, or a mold that was built using someone else's hull (Cough cough cough), that's a lot of money sitting in that lot.

CoolCruzin

Reaction score
Setting around like they are I would think junk or will need bunch of work .

Backlash

Reaction score
I see a lot of those molds are framed with steel structures. So as long as they were built well, and are resting on a relatively level spot, I imagine the only issues would be cleaning up the interior of the molds. It would still be less expensive reviving one or more of these molds versus the cost of building a new mold from scratch. That's a ton of time and money.

kimbalee

Reaction score
these molds are on Cawston in Hemet at Carrera Boats. We were just there looking at them on Monday with Mike Torres (Carrera Boats). Once again, I came to RDP last year looking for help to get the bottom of our 2003 Lavey NuEra reglassed (normal wear & tear on a fantastic boat that has been used every summer a lot) and I came across the thread that Mike Torres responded to about people questioning whether or not he had a license etc. My husband contacted Mike and we had an appt on Monday to drop off the boat and we won't have it back for a couple of weeks but Mike had a 21ft boat there that was not in good condition when it arrived (we saw the before pix). I will tell you it looked absolutely fantastic - I think he said it was a 1998 - it looked incredible - completely reglassed, some new gel coat, wet sanded etc etc (I don't recall the entire process). Anyway, Mike is pretty close with Chris Camire and I think if anyone was serious about ordering a boat using those lavey molds (he has the Evo too), Mike would make it happen. I will be sure to report back with before and after pix of our Lavey when we get it back from Mike :)

steamin rice

No Bad Days....
Reaction score
After having built CC, I don't see why they aren't more popular in havasu. They really are the SUV of boats especially with families.

I've thought the same.. I know that there are several west coast builders with bigger V bottoms that would probably make a nice CC for Havasu. I suppose they have their hands full cranking out cats and deck boats and not much bandwidth left to develop CC decks for their existing V bottom molds..

lavey jr

Reaction score
these molds are on Cawston in Hemet at Carrera Boats. We were just there looking at them on Monday with Mike Torres (Carrera Boats). Once again, I came to RDP last year looking for help to get the bottom of our 2003 Lavey NuEra reglassed (normal wear & tear on a fantastic boat that has been used every summer a lot) and I came across the thread that Mike Torres responded to about people questioning whether or not he had a license etc. My husband contacted Mike and we had an appt on Monday to drop off the boat and we won't have it back for a couple of weeks but Mike had a 21ft boat there that was not in good condition when it arrived (we saw the before pix). I will tell you it looked absolutely fantastic - I think he said it was a 1998 - it looked incredible - completely reglassed, some new gel coat, wet sanded etc etc (I don't recall the entire process). Anyway, Mike is pretty close with Chris Camire and I think if anyone was serious about ordering a boat using those lavey molds (he has the Evo too), Mike would make it happen. I will be sure to report back with before and after pix of our Lavey when we get it back from Mike :)

For the record. The one and only Lavey mold he has the rights to use and build out of is the 28 Party Prowler. Unless the other molds get bought by them, don’t get your hopes up on them building any of them, legally…

kimbalee

Reaction score
For the record. The one and only Lavey mold he has the rights to use and build out of is the 28 Party Prowler. Unless the other molds get bought by them, don’t get your hopes up on them building any of them, legally…
Ty for clarifying I may have mispoke which is why I said that if someone was serious to talk to Mike & Chris and they could probably make it happen. Either way, I'm glad I found Mike on RDP because Chris didn't have anyone to refer me to to get our boat reglassed last year when I emailed him before he went to Eliminator.

WTR&PWR

Reaction score
Has he built any yet?

WTR&PWR

Reaction score
I wish I knew what great boats they were a few years ago. Just started to do my reasearch a year or so ago and all I want is a Lavey now. Particularly a party prowler. The engine compartments are such a nice way to show the quality.

CarreraMike

Carrera Boats
Reaction score
To clarify any questions or speculations CarreraBoats is open and we are located at 820 S. Cawston Ave., Hemet, CA we are open Monday through Friday from 8am to 5PM,Saturdays by appointment only. Themolds belong to Carrera minus the exception of the Lavey Craft molds all except the party prowler which is now a Carrera model! We continue to do business with CHRIS Sr. and look forward to the projects that we have at our hands now. We will stay focused on what we have to do to produce boats and build a reputation that speaks for itself, walk-ins are welcome and if there is any questions like I said above the 28 party prowler is available and ready to build NOW!!
We do not and will never build anything illegally and those statements will be taken serious!
We are great full for all of the returning customer and new customers we continue to serve and look forward to learning and growing in this amazing industry!
If there are any questions on builds or any service to your boat our mercury certified tech and the team here at Carrera would love to be of assistance!!
We encourage all to stop by or visit us on the web at www.Carrera-boats.com
Or follow us on Instagram @Carreraboatsofcalifornia

Goodtime$

Reaction score
I have too many molds.
But the 32 nu era is bad ass. I love that boat.

28 party prowler! Rad
21 xcs yup a fan
2750 / 27 Sabre not there from what I remember
Nice hardware
I worked on a 26 nu era last year. Took some notes on chris rigging. Nice shit only

lavey jr

Reaction score
I have too many molds.
But the 32 nu era is bad ass. I love that boat.

28 party prowler! Rad
21 xcs yup a fan
2750 / 27 Sabre not there from what I remember
Nice hardware
I worked on a 26 nu era last year. Took some notes on chris rigging. Nice shit only

2750 not there? How you figure?

Goodtime$

Reaction score
I didn’t see it
It’s been a while since last Back

throttle

c ya on da lake
Reaction score
I still do not understand why the only v-bottom that sells is a center console, or why people like Lavey and Eliminator didn't jump on that bandwagon? Lavey 2750 would make a kick ass CC!

I remember talking to a manufacturer that said it was a great idea, but, time and money needed. When this opportunity was beginning to gain interest, most builders were just starting to get back on there feet again after so many other setbacks. And even the ones that wanted to pursue it have either pushed it aside completely or just in a holding pattern.

How nice would Lavey's 39 be as a CC with triple 450's? Or Cobra's 32 with a pair of 450's? Mmmmmmm! ;)

BIGRED9158

Reaction score
To clarify any questions or speculations CarreraBoats is open and we are located at 820 S. Cawston Ave., Hemet, CA we are open Monday through Friday from 8am to 5PM,Saturdays by appointment only. Themolds belong to Carrera minus the exception of the Lavey Craft molds all except the party prowler which is now a Carrera model! We continue to do business with CHRIS Sr. and look forward to the projects that we have at our hands now. We will stay focused on what we have to do to produce boats and build a reputation that speaks for itself, walk-ins are welcome and if there is any questions like I said above the 28 party prowler is available and ready to build NOW!!
We do not and will never build anything illegally and those statements will be taken serious!
We are great full for all of the returning customer and new customers we continue to serve and look forward to learning and growing in this amazing industry!
If there are any questions on builds or any service to your boat our mercury certified tech and the team here at Carrera would love to be of assistance!!
We encourage all to stop by or visit us on the web at www.Carrera-boats.com
Or follow us on Instagram @Carreraboatsofcalifornia

What’s the deal on the 23 deck on your website have you built one yet?

Goodtime$

Reaction score
Hard part is the beams
Cool guy center consoles now are all 11’ and wider beams

That’s the hard part most for fast v bottoms are 7-9’ beams

steamin rice

No Bad Days....
Reaction score
Hard part is the beams
Cool guy center consoles now are all 11’ and wider beams

That’s the hard part most for fast v bottoms are 7-9’ beams

I hear you, but I would think that a CC based on a 8'6" beam would still be functional, and would sell better than the closed bow/mid cabin versions of the bigger V bottoms. Shockwave's 29 is a great boat, and I think it would make a great CC. Likewise for the Shockwave 34, Cobra 32, Lavey 32, Howard 36, etc....