WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

[WTB] Lot in Havasu

dspracing

Reaction score
Looking for a residential lot in Havasu. 10k sq ft +

AZmike

Eastsider
Reaction score
There getting hard to come by unless you want a lot on the side of a hill.

satellitemike

Reaction score
Can't remember the name of the development but it's up above McCullough on the south side of town. They had flat lots starting in that range.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

AZmike

Eastsider
Reaction score
Under 150k

I’m well aware, if they were readily available I would be on the MLS and not RDP.

I'm beginning to wonder if anything ends up on MLS right now. Seems like everything sells before listing. Good luck with your hunt.

Maw

Dont re Member
Reaction score
Can't remember the name of the development but it's up above McCullough on the south side of town. They had flat lots starting in that range.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

There had been an 87 lot development off Window Rock in Donkey Acres being planned, but I believe it's been dropped due to lack of infrastructure - or more precisely nobody wants to pay for the upgrade/installation of water/power/sewage/cable/etc.

Joe mama

Reaction score
Wonder how many are just sitting on the lots? I drove a lot around town during DS and still plenty of flat lots, just don’t know if they will ever be for sale. I know I’m guilty of sitting on mine.

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
buying a lot in havasu is pretty sketchy right now for a multitude of reasons,.. first being 30k lots are now 100k,... the cost to develop is really an unknown gamble... finding a good flat priced reasonable is tough , then it has to be in a decent neighborhood with good neighbors,.... and neighbors being a big factor... cheep lots in a good neighborhood always have a reason... some 30/40k lots will be 200k by the time you get it ready to build on,... then you have the extra cost for stem walls and such on the home and huge cost for retaining walls and engineering .. another thing one must investigate on hill lots is to do a soil test... some of the hill lots are a big solid rock...so no grading and have to be blasted... some of the lots in havasu if you got the lot for free you would be better off paying 200k for a good lot as it would be cheeper... the next thing is this... infrastructure is big money in havasu,.. and at some point someone will gamble on developing on the out skirts , what will happen then is a big de value in existing homes,.. if some one takes a big area and subdivides to 1/2 acre lots all new with under ground utilities, all new roads and such people flock there... and prices will drop in the older areas... ... in my opinion,.. the bag is full in havasu...roads are bad... streets are crowded... too many cars out on the roads... restaurants and stores packed... on a good weekend lake and ramps packed..... but... people keep flocking there , property tax is gonna sky rocket in havasu to try to keep up with the growth... there's only one way in and one way out of town.... same as what happened with the people that moved to apple valley and worked in LA.... it just gets worse... theres talk that there is a by pass hiway going behind the air port,.. I think that will open up land for development..