WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

LOTO BUILD

golakers

Reaction score
Here we go. Fell in love with LOTO 3 years ago going to visit family. After looking at several houses decided to buy a lot in 2020. I thought I'd wait 5-10 years to build, but said screw it. Lets draw up plans and build now. Its a process for sure!!
loto.jpg
ltot3.jpg
loto5.jpg
lotot7.jpg
loto10.png
loto11.jpg
loto12.jpg
loto13.jpg
loto14.jpg
loto15.jpg
loto16.jpg
loto18.jpg

jbird

Reaction score
Very nice! Congrats on breaking ground!!

Our first time to LOTO was in June this year, we went back last month and will be going again in two weeks. I can see how you fell in love with it, awesome place.

Tank

Reaction score
FUCK YEAH!! Congrats! You're getting in at a good time. Place is on fire. What part of the lake is the build? You doing full time or this a vacation thing?

Jay Dub

Reaction score
wow, that's going to be some house! please post pics of the process

golakers

Reaction score
FUCK YEAH!! Congrats! You're getting in at a good time. Place is on fire. What part of the lake is the build? You doing full time or this a vacation thing?
Mile Marker 13 in Porto Cima. Vacation home for now!!

Tank

Reaction score
Mile Marker 13 in Porto Cima. Vacation home for now!!
Bad ass! Good spot, central. Looks like you're back off the main channel with a nice view of it though. That's awesome. Perfect set up.

I wouldn't be totally surprised if we end up owning in LOTO at some point and time.

Looking forward to seeing how the house comes along.

Congrats!

Where are you located full time?

golakers

Reaction score
Bad ass! Good spot, central. Looks like you're back off the main channel with a nice view of it though. That's awesome. Perfect set up.

I wouldn't be totally surprised if we end up owning in LOTO at some point and time.

Looking forward to seeing how the house comes along.

Congrats!

Where are you located full time?
We live in Orange County. Hoping we get a little cove protection, but dock will still get beat up a bit. 🙏🙏

Slink

Tennessee Living
Reaction score
Awesome......looking great. Just got my occupancy permit last weekend here in TN....will be. posting more pics in my thread. Think about doing patio heaters on your main deck. All my neighbors are jealous they didn't do it...

golakers

Reaction score
Awesome......looking great. Just got my occupancy permit last weekend here in TN....will be. posting more pics in my thread. Think about doing patio heaters on your main deck. All my neighbors are jealous they didn't do it...
I’ve followed your build. Turned out GREAT!

n2otoofast4u

Reaction score
I have an accepted offer on a lot in Porto Cima as well.

How hard has the HOA been to deal with on design and their approval? Who is your builder?

golakers

Reaction score
I have an accepted offer on a lot in Porto Cima as well.

How hard has the HOA been to deal with on design and their approval? Who is your builder?
Jay has been great to deal with at Four Seasons (Porta Cima). I found a great arch that gave us 3 builder referrals. We interviewed and decided on Bruce Allison (Allison Tech Serv Priority 1 Homes). He’s been building on the lake for 25 years. He gave us a list of homes he has done to check out. So far he has been GREAT. Let me know if I can answer more for you!

King295

Well-Known Inmate #20225
Reaction score
House is coming along great. That view is not going to get old.

Rayson1971

Reaction score
Looks beautiful. Curious about the lakeside of the house. Those concrete pillars look offset from the posts/ columns holding the house. Shouldn't they be directly under the column?

golakers

Reaction score
Looks beautiful. Curious about the lakeside of the house. Those concrete pillars look offset from the posts/ columns holding the house. Shouldn't they be directly under the column?
Its the way the framer boxed in the posts. The columns will be under ground soon.

Slink

Tennessee Living
Reaction score
Looking great. Love how the rear of the house/ decks look. Curious....any reason why no steps from deck down to the rear rear ? Can't tell if there is a door on the basement level? Im the only lake front house in my development with stairs from patio. Everyone else has to walk around to the front of the house to go inside. Now that my neighbors have seen mine....they regret not doing it.

golakers

Reaction score
Looking great. Love how the rear of the house/ decks look. Curious....any reason why no steps from deck down to the rear rear ? Can't tell if there is a door on the basement level? Im the only lake front house in my development with stairs from patio. Everyone else has to walk around to the front of the house to go inside. Now that my neighbors have seen mine....they regret not doing it.
You can’t see the opposite side of the house. We will have a stair system off the top screened porch, RHS looking from the water. 👍

Activated

Deplorable
Reaction score
Awesome build. We are trying to decide between LOTO, Tennessee river, Lake Norman and Lake Lewis Smith.

We are doing our first Northern AL tour in October. We have 2 or 3 years to figure it out.

HgH Vltg

Reaction score
Awesome build. We are trying to decide between LOTO, Tennessee river, Lake Norman and Lake Lewis Smith.

We are doing our first Northern AL tour in October. We have 2 or 3 years to figure it out.
That’s a thread begging to be started. I’m a lonnnnng ways off from calling it quits, but those are all places I think about calling it quits to.