WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

LOTO Shoot Out and Supercat Fest 2022!!

DWC

Reaction score
AJ Just ran Scott’s Doug Wright 119! That’s damn good.

Scott didn’t have time to get fuel this morning.. there’s like 20 gallons in the boat. Lol. They were praying it didn’t run out of gas on the run. 🤪🤪
Guessing 119 is leading the DW battle?
382AE3C8-7116-45FE-846D-2F07ECFBAD3D.jpeg

CSmith

Reaction score
Not sure what happened to Victory but Dale is building 26 RPMs now, he had a white one with no center pod and 450s at the Islander last weekend.
Any pics? Love those 26 RPM'S.

Singleton

Reaction score
Not sure what happened to Victory but Dale is building 26 RPMs now, he had a white one with no center pod and 450s at the Islander last weekend.
He had 2 different ones out last weekend. White one and blue one

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score
Got a shootout here! Cory is running the Fatal Attraction 33 Daytona.

Also looks like the DW's are in 2 different classes.

Screenshot_20220827-102424_Chrome.jpg

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score
Classes get confusing.
The 33 Elim that running under 140 shows me his DS runs were BS and that boat should of never been king :)
Yeah I remember all the controversy with that. They just interviewed Mark on the docks and he said he will be back out tomorrow morning to try and break the tie.

Tank

Reaction score
AJ Just ran Scott’s Doug Wright 119! That’s damn good.

Scott didn’t have time to get fuel this morning.. there’s like 20 gallons in the boat. Lol. They were praying it didn’t run out of gas on the run. 🤪🤪
AJ Barrett owner of Barrett marine did 119 in the orange DW
Video of AJ’s run.

rickym20

Reaction score
Any pics? Love those 26 RPM'S.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
19yo driver operating the family (dads) boat. Impressive speed for a young one

I often wonder if I should get my kids into this.. I’m half toying with getting into RZR 170 racing this winter.. my friend has last years winning car and he will sell it to me for ten.

I was pretty crippled during the formative years.. still crippled but ready to do something and I got friends that want to go have fun as well.

That said my oldest daughter @ 11 years old will run my toon through the channel on a holiday weekend with no input from me and put it in a slip.

Just on all the kids I haven’t really pushed anything “competitive”. We don’t really do sports so maybe this would be a better option for me..

Singleton

Reaction score
I often wonder if I should get my kids into this.. I’m half toying with getting into RZR 170 racing this winter.. my friend has last years winning car and he will sell it to me for ten.

I was pretty crippled during the formative years.. still crippled but ready to do something and I got friends that want to go have fun as well.

Boats offroad, whatever

I had that thought, but then remember the commitment JW had when his sons were doing the trucks. Tons of time and $$.

My kid has waterpolo and volleyball, to learn how to lead in a team. With practices T, W, Th, F 530 to 730 then tournaments on the weekends, we have zero free weekends until Thanksgiving.

JFMFG

Reaction score
Anyone know if frankoo ran his m44 today? I missed everything except the last 30 before the stopped it for the rain.

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score
It was scheduled to end at 4pm CST, so not much was lost. Only 4-6 boats were pending to run before it closed.
over 135 runs today.

sure wish DS could copy part of this event, but not going to occur.
Went 1 hour longer this year, only 6 hours of racing in 2021. Got 7 hours today. Conditions couldn't have been better but Bob was right about needing a little wind as water looked sticky.

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score
Surprised at the lack of representation from Eliminator with some of the new models and didn't see any Tuff's running either.

OLDRAAT

inadequate member
Reaction score
So many spectator boats, the passes are delayed since race boats have to go almost to the bridge before exit this year. Three-quarter course adds a bit of time to end.

I'm kinda bored with the toons, anybody else?
I acknowledge the big $$ units are incredible, but I ain't going 100+ on metal tubes with a garage door on top. :p

Last edited:

attitude

Reaction score
So many spectator boats, the passes are delayed since race boats have to go almost to the bridge before exit this year. Three-quarter course adds a bit of time to end.

I acknowledge the big $$ units are incredible, but I ain't going 100+ on two metal tubes with a garage door on top. :p
The 450 toons that porpoise the whole course to run in the 70s are lame, at least one of the single 400r toons was running good though.

BigMike

Reaction score

I acknowledge the big $$ units are incredible, but I ain't going 100+ on two metal tubes with a garage door on top. :p
Yea, when I heard American Ethanol was done for the day, I figured Predator 3 would also be done. I didn’t care to watch pontoon boats going 70mph for the next few hours. It’s exciting to see the big boys running flat out or some of the smaller boats really pushing past the limits. Toons are just boring.

Dog

Reaction score
Bored with the pontoons as well. I have been enjoying watching the different hull styles at different speeds and Teagues commentary about the different boat designs.

HydroSkreamin

StressEliminator
Reaction score
19yo driver operating the family (dads) boat. Impressive speed for a young one
That’s Kory Perog, and his dad Joe is my best friend. Joe throttled, and has been tutoring Kory on running cats since he’s been out of diapers.

Joe is a former SuperStock Outboard racer, and knows a thing or two. He owns this Wright Performance 360, and has a 32 and a 38 being laid up right now.

Kory has an STV ProComp that ran 85 with a 115XS Opti, recently converted to Merc V6 4-stroke that runs well over the century mark.

Gotta get them involved in order to carry the sport.

Oh, and I helped do setup on this last week 😉

TCHB

Reaction score

That said my oldest daughter @ 11 years old will run my toon through the channel on a holiday weekend with no input from me and put it in a slip.

Just on all the kids I haven’t really pushed anything “competitive”. We don’t really do sports so maybe this would be a better option for me..
Get them into golf

Singleton

Reaction score
Yep...but.

Short sighted thinking.

$$ clouding judgements IMO.
LOTO is forecasting over 500k in charitable allocations this year alone (last year they gave out over 350k). The bridge to bridge event alone is going to donate over 75k. Both these numbers were reported on the live feed today by the coordinators. The LOTO Exec committee that runs the shootout does it to support the local community, zero salary from the event. They run it like a board with elections etc, so you don’t have 1 group controlling everything. Takes years to get to that position and IMO works very well.

DS is not setup the same. You have 1 person trying to do it all with final say over everything. DS needs an Exec committee and heads that lead each event (Wednesday rides, street party, poker run, shootout, etc). The event head has final call on decisions that drive that event.

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score
$$ clouding judgements IMO.
LOTO is forecasting over 500k in charitable allocations this year alone (last year they gave out over 350k). The bridge to bridge event alone is going to donate over 75k. Both these numbers were reported on the live feed today by the coordinators. The LOTO Exec committee that runs the shootout does it to support the local community, zero salary from the event. They run it like a board with elections etc, so you don’t have 1 group controlling everything. Takes years to get to that position and IMO works very well.

DS is not setup the same. You have 1 person trying to do it all with final say over everything. DS needs an Exec committee and heads that lead each event (Wednesday rides, street party, poker run, shootout, etc). The event head has final call on decisions that drive that event.
Nailed it!!