Chuckling a little I said to him, "Nope, my boat's wet." :p

Attachments

• IMG_2370.jpg
    IMG_2370.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 67

fishing fool

Reaction score
IMG_2137.jpg

I know what you mean. I get asked if my boat is a DCB, I have to tell them no I actually use my boat more then just sitting in the channel and talking shit about other boats.

coolchange

Lower level functionary
Reaction score
And that's why I generally dont engage people if I'm interested in their boat or other hi end. Vehicles.

pwerwagn

Inmate #4800
Reaction score
I had a guy come up to me one day, in his pontoon, tells me "man I love your boat, those have always been my favorite hulls, etc etc", then as he is leaving says "be proud, you have the coolest Kachina ever". :rolleyes:rolleyes:rolleyes
'

OCMerrill

All in...
Reaction score
I own black socks and own a Laveycraft. Screws everyone up when I wear my DCB T shirt.

Where's your DCB? It's hot out and wet. Using it it those conditions void the persona.

The Lavey.....Yeah its a rental.

Meaney77

Reaction score
The opposite- what about having a conversation with someone who has no fucking clue what they have? Weather it's a nice boat, car, truck, off road car etc... you can usually pick up in the first few minutes of a conversation weather or not someone is clueless- usually have a few of those conversations in the channel.

Usually the douche bag factor goes up quickly after that. They are rich or have rich parents or are trust fund babies with the HLAM douchie attitude.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
DCB makes vee bottoms. Granted, they don't resemble his, but they do make them.

Well to get technical they don't anymore. They sold the 28 extreme mold to Adrenaline (Dean). The 21/23 extremes were sold to Ultra and then lightning etc.. The 23 aka the 247 is now over at tahiti offshore. Not sure where the 21 is anymore.

YoPengo

Inmate #47
Reaction score
I have had a guy in a really nice F32 pull up next to me in the channel and say he loves my 240. Proceed to tell his buddy all about 240's and how he owned one and never should have sold it. I laughed and told him one of his #6 drives cost more than my boat. Just proves that boaters love boats (All boats).

Headless hula

I’ve found boating heaven in Florida!
Reaction score
What I find truly hilarious is that boaters seem to have this subset/order/hierarchy

Why isn't it good enough that you're on the water, and SOOOOOO many folks aren't as fortunate?

Who gives a flying fuck. You're on the lake...

Lmao....

Just my 2 cents. Lolol..

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
The opposite- what about having a conversation with someone who has no fucking clue what they have? Weather it's a nice boat, car, truck, off road car etc... you can usually pick up in the first few minutes of a conversation weather or not someone is clueless- usually have a few of those conversations in the channel.

Usually the douche bag factor goes up quickly after that. They are rich or have rich parents or are trust fund babies with the HLAM douchie attitude.

I met a guy at roadrunner one time that had a Hallett 210.. It was rigged with an In Control shifter / In control foot trim.. Had big plates on the back, someone spent the time and spent some dough on making it extra nice. The guy had zero clue about any of it, and I was explaining to him "You know none of this stuff is normal right?" LOL.. He ended up being a pretty nice guy, but he was interested in selling his beginner boat and moving up. I was looking at it thinking it was crazy bad ass and I'd be proud to have it in my garage.

I have had a guy in a really nice F32 pull up next to me in the channel and say he loves my 240. Proceed to tell his buddy all about 240's and how he owned one and never should have sold it. I laughed and told him one of his #6 drives cost more than my boat. Just proves that boaters love boats (All boats).

I love all boats.. Even the antler ones. Except bass boats.. I can't wrap my head around one of those being cool.. LOL

RD

cicchetti_24

Reaction score
What I find truly hilarious is that boaters seem to have this subset/order/hierarchy

Why isn't it good enough that you're on the water, and SOOOOOO many folks aren't as fortunate?

Lmao....

Just my 2 cents. Lolol..

Welcome to the west coast performance boat scene... They all wanted to be the best, or the big swinging dick on the block. Us boaters ate it up like candy.:thumbsup

But that's what I love about this boating life... No matter what we still love boats

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score

Lmao....

Just my 2 cents. Lolol..

The hierarchy changes depending on where you go as well..

If you have a Schiada and your down on Parker, you are pretty much king shit of turd island.. Hallett coming up second, and then a whole variety of old school cool boats following up after that.

If you are on Havasu, 99% of the people have no clue what a Schiada is, and if you have a DCB you are King shit of Turd Island.. Ironically enough kinda followed up or even with Skater, and everything is pretty much down hill from there.

If you are on Lake Mead if you have a Hallett you are king shit of turd island.. Because it's not like they have "Schiada Beach" there.. It's Hallett Beach for a reason.

I've always kind of enjoyed watching (and even being a part of) the hierarchy thing but don't take it that seriously. To some people it's real serious business... I.E. They hang out with other people not because of the quality of people, but more because of the brand of boat they have. That to me I always found kinda weird.. I don't give a shit what kinda boat someone has, if they are good people I'll hang out with them, if they are turds, then I don't care what they have, I'm not going out of my way to say hello etc..

This is particularly predominant with Flats and Cats.. All the vee's in between just kinda do their own thing.

RD

Headless hula

Reaction score
Welcome to the west coast performance boat scene... They all wanted to be the best, or the big swinging dick on the block. Us boaters ate it up like candy.:thumbsup

But that's what I love about this boating life... No matter what we still love boats

That's the funny part about the midwest. Bayliners and rinkers for the most part. Lolol.

A Baja is exotic. Lmao!

Headless hula

Reaction score
The hierarchy changes depending on where you go as well..

If you have a Schiada and your down on Parker, you are pretty much king shit of turd island.. Hallett coming up second, and then a whole variety of old school cool boats following up after that.

If you are on Havasu, 99% of the people have no clue what a Schiada is, and if you have a DCB you are King shit of Turd Island.. Ironically enough kinda followed up or even with Skater, and everything is pretty much down hill from there.

If you are on Lake Mead if you have a Hallett you are king shit of turd island.. Because it's not like they have "Schiada Beach" there.. It's Hallett Beach for a reason.

I've always kind of enjoyed watching (and even being a part of) the hierarchy thing but don't take it that seriously. To some people it's real serious business... I.E. They hang out with other people not because of the quality of people, but more because of the brand of boat they have. That to me I always found kinda weird.. I don't give a shit what kinda boat someone has, if they are good people I'll hang out with them, if they are turds, then I don't care what they have, I'm not going out of my way to say hello etc..

This is particularly predominant with Flats and Cats.. All the vee's in between just kinda do their own thing.

RD

Lmao... Hallett beach, etc....

Around here there's nipple beach. :Do

Lololololol...

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
That's the funny part about the midwest. Bayliners and rinkers for the most part. Lolol.

A Baja is exotic. Lmao!

I like Rinkers! :D

It goes even further to when the boats aren't around.. Which t shirt they are wearing at the bar that night! :D and for me... Why the fuck are you not wearing an RDP Shirt! :D

RD

Headless hula

Reaction score
I guess it's just a little less pretentious around here.
If that sounds rude, it isn't the intention.

We don't give 2 shits what you showed up in, if you're cool peeps, all good..

No bullshit, 2 summers ago, a kid showed up at our sandbar with his girlfriend. 14' aluminum with a 40 hp mariner. You could tell he was all self-conscious about hanging out with a bunch of boaters that were obviously a tad more well off than he was. We welcomed him with open arms. Good kid, wanted to hang out.

He was well mannered, respectful, and we all had a blast giving the dickheads on wave runners the finger. He fit right in! Lmao..

J/k about that last part. ;)

Oh, we named his little aluminum boat too. "Silver bullet"
:D

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
Up here at Naci I truly haven't noticed any particular brand as standing out by grouping together and what not besides the couple few Schiadas but that is because just about the only ones on the lake are up there with Lee. Otherwise Rollbar boats and poontoons are most prevalent on the lake. Eggbeatin your ass here probably has the fastest local boat I'd think. At least of what I ever see out on the lake. I know there are a few badass flats and hydros stashed around but RARELY ever see them come out.

Headless hula

Reaction score
2017-02-13 16.14.28.jpg
2017-02-13 16.14.46.jpg

Not a schiada, eliminator, skater, etc in sight. Lmao.

JD D05

Reaction score
I guess it's just a little less pretentious around here.
If that sounds rude, it isn't the intention.

We don't give 2 shits what you showed up in, if you're cool peeps, all good..

No bullshit, 2 summers ago, a kid showed up at our sandbar with his girlfriend. 14' aluminum with a 40 hp mariner. You could tell he was all self-conscious about hanging out with a bunch of boaters that were obviously a tad more well off than he was. We welcomed him with open arms. Good kid, wanted to hang out.

He was well mannered, respectful, and we all had a blast giving the dickheads on wave runners the finger. He fit right in! Lmao..

J/k about that last part. ;)

I feel the same way. I remember before I had a powerboat thinking how incredible that looked and how I wanted one so bad. Now that I do it really isn't a big deal. The only time this really does become a little bit of an issue is at Lake Powell. Going from Bullfrog to Escalante for some of my friends is a real challenge on time fuel etc, about 60 miles one way. I don't want to go 25 and they can't cruise at 60 etc.

OCMerrill

All in...
Reaction score
When we go to the river I am in or driving a Cobalt most the time.

People still waive back. I love that part about boating.

I will say this Yopengo's 240 basically looks like a brand new boat and he is not short of complements.

Englewood

Reaction score
If you have a Schiada and your down on Parker, you are pretty much king shit of turd island.. Hallett coming up second, and then a whole variety of old school cool boats following up after that. RD

I never had anyone bring up a Schiada in conversation other than a Schiada owner. When I'm at Roadrunner and a Schiada pulls up nobody really cares. When a big DCB/Eliminator/Howard pulls up it gets respect. 99% of Parker looks at a Schiada and thinks it's "Just another jet boat".

I told my wife and her fiends how much they cost when one went by and they all had the same response...Something along the lines of "ewww thats like an old jet boat".

Start your flaming now...I know I committed the main RDP sin by talking down on the almighty Schiada...When will my ban be over?

Headless hula

Reaction score
When we go to the river I am in or driving a Cobalt most the time.

People still waive back. I love that part about boating.

I will say this Yopengo's 240 basically looks like a brand new boat and he is not short of complements.

Looks badass in all the pics I've seen of it.

Headless hula

Reaction score
I've only seen one schiada in person, and that was Dave's boat. It's pretty, the gelled stringers, the birdseye transom, etc... all beautiful...

Maybe the next time I get out there, the weather will be a little nicer and could take a spin. ;)

rvrrun

Reaction score
Shit

Maybe my boat well get wet longer than 3 mins(not my fault) this year instead of being a trailer queen! :eek:thumbsup

I know the feeling, my second boat was named "Hydrophobic" for a reason. Just launch upriver and float down to another ramp.

...or get a PWC and tow it upriver then float.

Rajobigguy

Reaction score
Well I never have to worry about my boat being mistaken for anything other than what it is and the only people that compliment me are owners of similar boats (it's kind of a secret club).

Dirtbag

Reaction score
if you guys run into a blue white and grey 28' shockwave in the channel this year with a couple big dudes on it please dont ask any boat questions. They arent douches, they are clueless and are dumb as rocks. But i guarantee you they will have cold bud light on board

SBMech

Fixes Broken Stuff
Reaction score
Up here at Naci I truly haven't noticed any particular brand as standing out by grouping together and what not besides the couple few Schiadas but that is because just about the only ones on the lake are up there with Lee. Otherwise Rollbar boats and poontoons are most prevalent on the lake. Eggbeatin your ass here probably has the fastest local boat I'd think. At least of what I ever see out on the lake. I know there are a few badass flats and hydros stashed around but RARELY ever see them come out.

Friend of mine up there has a genuine 110mph blown flattie...I know you've seen it...it's been a few years since it was on the water though, getting a refresh for this summer..:skull

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
I give the fang fingers to other Cobra owners.

Screw the rest of you losers.

CDfHyhzUUAEG3jj.jpg

We even have exclusive shirts

2016-FangFingers.jpg

Kailuaboy89

Aloha Airliner
Reaction score
I like Rinkers! :D

It goes even further to when the boats aren't around.. Which t shirt they are wearing at the bar that night! :D and for me... Why the fuck are you not wearing an RDP Shirt! :D

RD

Cuz RD SUX....LOL! PS glad you love my antler boat haha!:D

BDMar

B & D Marine
Reaction score
Well to get technical they don't anymore. They sold the 28 extreme mold to Adrenaline (Dean). The 21/23 extremes were sold to Ultra and then lightning etc.. The 23 aka the 247 is now over at tahiti offshore. Not sure where the 21 is anymore.

Yes, I know. I should have said "made". The point is, it doesn't have to be a cat to be a DCB, but you knew that.... There are still DCB vee bottoms on the water. So there is just as much of a chance of mistaking an Eliminator for a DCB as there is a Hallett for a Schiada.

mash on it

Beyond Hell Crew
Reaction score
I've had my daycruiser mistaken for a Campbell a few times before.

But never a DCB, lol

'76 Eliminator 21' Daycruiser.

Ratrod on the river for 7 years now.:thumbup:

Dan'l

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
Friend of mine up there has a genuine 110mph blown flattie...I know you've seen it...it's been a few years since it was on the water though, getting a refresh for this summer..:skull
That's kinda what I mean, they've been stashed away for a while now. A friend of a friend supposedly has a badass hydro up here too. But I don't recall seeing that one. I have seen a few out there though in past years. Hopefully more performance boats will come out of the woodwork with all this rain we've had. And hopefully with San Antonio opening as well it will reduce the amount of congestion on Naci

milkmoney

Reaction score
Dcb has a group

Schiada has a group

Hallett has a group

Eliminator has a group.

Etc, you get my point. What I like about everyone's boat that I have boated with is the fact that it's their boat and they add their touches to it to make it kustom to fit their needs. [emoji106][emoji106][emoji106][emoji202][emoji41]

I am jus wondering if RD will talk to me if I buy a schiada , because of said boat or will shun me cause I am a Asshole with a schiada [emoji202]

Luvnlife

Head Ram Rod
Reaction score

The Nacy people love their Hurricane Pontoons, I know of a lot of them up there[emoji570]

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
The Nacy people love their Hurricane Pontoons, I know of a lot of them up there[emoji570]
My buddy has 1 up here. But not nearly as popular your good ol' Tri-toon or rollbar/ski Sanger.

HST4ME

Reaction score

I love all boats.. Even the antler ones. Except bass boats.. I can't wrap my head around one of those being cool.. LOL

RD

[video=youtube;p_R1aBoRAAY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_R1aBoRAAY[/video]

:)

HST4ME

Reaction score
There is a gorgeous 28 Nordic here, he got the "I love your Baja is that new?" last summer. Epic WTF look followed.

River Lynchmob

What can I do to u for u?
Reaction score
Dcb has a group

Schiada has a group

Hallett has a group

Eliminator has a group.

Etc, you get my point. What I like about everyone's boat that I have boated with is the fact that it's their boat and they add their touches to it to make it kustom to fit their needs. [emoji106][emoji106][emoji106][emoji202][emoji41]

I am jus wondering if RD will talk to me if I buy a schiada , because of said boat or will shun me cause I am a Asshole with a schiada [emoji202]

You'll be an asshole no matter the boat...or lack of boat you are in...haha