WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Love your site but...

Status
Not open for further replies.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
Speaking of inflated prices, have you scene the prices of used boats lately? I just saw a boat that I’m interested in. This ”boat” was for sale approximately 4 years ago for 52g. After 4 years of use, today it is listed for sale at 80g, no improvements were mentioned in the ad. As a wise man once told me.....”there is an ass for every seat”

And the other wise man just bought a boat and went boating. :)

hallett21

Reaction score
Speaking of inflated prices, have you scene the prices of used boats lately? I just saw a boat that I’m interested in. This ”boat” was for sale approximately 4 years ago for 52g. After 4 years of use, today it is listed for sale at 80g, no improvements were mentioned in the ad. As a wise man once told me.....”there is an ass for every seat”

Next boat I buy will be a 15-20 year boat. So inflated prices don’t really bother me.

Now if you change boats every few years I can see how you might wait.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RiverDiva

"Team RDP"
Reaction score
I payed it but wasn't happy and won't do it again 60 bucks for a youth shirt and an adult shirt. Not sure if prices have gone up that much and that the ( new norm). Maybe Its just me butI got more from the desert storm venders for the money. Yall can talk shit don't care just my opinion.

So we absolutely hated having to raise the prices on these. The days of the $20 shirt at the shows are impossible for us at this point. Dave runs quality shirts and the price we pay to have the shirts ran has nearly doubled. Hat prices have gone up as well. Wages to have the girls at the show have gone up. We made the same money at the show, spent more on product and sold less product than years prior because of the increase. But unless we find a cheaper source or run cheaper clothing (which Dave refuses to do and you would complain about as well) I just don't see a solution in sight. But to be clear, Desert Storm is not a profitable event for us. Everything we do is a huge thank you to our members. Should we discuss the free beer that we generously hand out to the masses this weekend? Sorry the defense, but we just spent the first day of 3 days of cubic dollars and tireless work for our members. It burns a little when someone starts a thread bashing anything we did yesterday vs a thank you for your tireless effort to make sure we have a bad ass time thread.

nowski

Reaction score

At $52k it was the cost of having fun on the water. However if bought at $52k and now it's worth $80k your getting paid to have fun on the water, who would have thought. Sounds like a boat owners wet dream if you ask me...

DWC

Reaction score
So we absolutely hated having to raise the prices on these. The days of the $20 shirt at the shows are impossible for us at this point. Dave runs quality shirts and the price we pay to have the shirts ran has nearly doubled. Hat prices have gone up as well. Wages to have the girls at the show have gone up. We made the same money at the show, spent more on product and sold less product than years prior because of the increase. But unless we find a cheaper source or run cheaper clothing (which Dave refuses to do and you would complain about as well) I just don't see a solution in sight. But to be clear, Desert Storm is not a profitable event for us. Everything we do is a huge thank you to our members. Should we discuss the free beer that we generously hand out to the masses this weekend? Sorry the defense, but we just spent the first day of 3 days of cubic dollars and tireless work for our members. It burns a little when someone starts a thread bashing anything we did yesterday vs a thank you for your tireless effort to make sure we have a bad ass time thread.
Thank you for the free beer! Ice cold and free is a great combo.

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
No point to this to complain while you buy it. Just don't buy it and that should be the end of it.

Maybe this video is something you need to watch that someone else put up:

Can't even get close to pleasing everybody it seems no matter what. Jezzzzzzz

stevesdcb

Reaction score
At $52k it was the cost of having fun on the water. However if bought at $52k and now it's worth $80k your getting paid to have fun on the water, who would have thought. Sounds like a boat owners wet dream if you ask me...
LOL, If I buy for 80g & sell for 110g, after 4 years of use, it’s all good, a complete.........wet dream.

Taboma

Reaction score
Wear a RDP shirt in public, especially in Lake Havasu ? :oops: 🤕 Hell, I wear a hat, trench coat and sunglasses, just logging on. ;)
I can however, certainly attest to the quality, the two I still have I'm guessing are at least 10 years old. 👍 😁

Desert Whaler

Reaction score
When I was running events we would sell shirts on somewhat 'limited runs' meaning we'd only buy a set quantity with one design prior to each event, once they were gone, that was it.
We didn't really give a shit about making any money on them, our goal was to break even and have a few left over to give to our sponsors after the event.
So we'd sell them for '2 for $20' or '3 for $40' just to mess with people !!!
You'd be surprised how many people would buy 3 cause they thought it was funny !!! 😁

riverroyal

Reaction score
On the flip side....I have some RDP shirts and have drank plenty of RDP beer and Ive never spent one dollar. Wait,...I think I bought Dave a beer at some bar, maybe the X.
Going to Havasu and complaining about spending $50 buck on anything is pretty funny

Rayson1971

Reaction score
I understand.

nowski

Reaction score
Free beer, here's where I have a gripe. I haven't had a drink in over 12 years, how about offering a sober guy a NA beer that would be a nice gesture...

Did the free beer increase t shirt sales??? If not then the beer was free...

Tom Slick

Reaction score
I'm always confused by customers that have the freedom of choice whether or not to purchase, yet purchase anyway and then complain about the price. Unless someone held you at gun point and forced you to stick your hand into your wallet, you are an idiot for making the purchase and then complaining about the price after the fact. Get a grip.

FlyByWire

I just work here
Reaction score
Between the boat show, super cat fest, and the street party I blew my RDP merchandise budget for the year. [emoji23][emoji23] And we still swing by the shop every few weeks.

Guess we are just suckers!

IMG_4875.jpg

Desert Whaler

Reaction score

Well said and 100% understood 👍. . . . be that thankful you're not dealing with fisherman ! . . . my partner and I used to kid and say, "You could give each one of these anglers a 20 dollar bill, and at the next event they'd say, "What, No Fifty"? 🤣

ka0tyk

Warlock Performance Boats Merchandise Connections
Reaction score
I sell shirts on my site and just about break even at the cost. Its really more just to provide merchandise for my boat brand.

$30 for a shirt that supports a site that I spend endless hours on? Make it $40 next time please.

Tank

Reaction score

I can contest to how much beer, ice and claws were! We got enlisted to make a run for Dave because they were running out at around 7:30. Dave and stacy ever the hosts had to keep stocked up for the masses. 👍👍

and while we’re on the topic, I think I had plenty of opportunity to grab some free swag but wanted to make sure we gave our fair share. They’re not running a charity, it is a business and a community. They do a good job balancing it I think.

River Dirt 2

Brummett 21
Reaction score
I bought a $30 hat, got a free ice cold Coors Light and a white claw both in a coozie, the girls were supper nice and helpful. I think I got a great deal!
Thanks RDP for all you do for the boating and desert community!

And having the Speed car there was a nice bonus, my wife got to see what she has on order!

Cheers🤙🤙

ChiliPepperGarage

Well Known RDP Cart Returner
Reaction score
Free beer, here's where I have a gripe. I haven't had a drink in over 12 years, how about offering a sober guy a NA beer that would be a nice gesture...

I'm a non drinker as well. Last time I was there everyone was friendly as can be and they had plenty of water on hand for me (after offering free beers).

Havasu blue label

Reaction score
Going to Havasu gets expensive hat shirt and another shirt gas in the boat have fun enjoy day shirts last years

Nordie

Reaction score
I went to the online store yesterday to grab some new shirts for an upcomming trip to Charleston, SC. I wish some more of the inmates would complain about the price. The shirts I wanted were sold out in my size.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I payed it but wasn't happy and won't do it again 60 bucks for a youth shirt and an adult shirt. Not sure if prices have gone up that much and that the ( new norm). Maybe Its just me butI got more from the desert storm venders for the money. Yall can talk shit don't care just my opinion.

The youth short shouldn’t have been 30.00 so one of the girls must have made a mistake which I can rectify.

The prices of shirts to manufacture have gone up considerably... just like everything else. 😢. If it makes ya feel better the profit margins are actually less at 30.00 than they were before at 20-25.

DWC

Reaction score

Did the free beer increase t shirt sales??? If not then the beer was free...
I would say it increased the traffic to the Merch trailer. It was packed in that area

RVR SWPR

Almost Off the Grid
Reaction score

Well Done Rayson and congrats on winning the Helicopter Ride contest. Think about going up with a parachute. LMAO

Singleton

Reaction score

Keep doing what you are doing!!!
Your entire team kicked ass yesterday!!

RVR SWPR

Almost Off the Grid
Reaction score
At least tell me the shirt says "My wife went to RiverDavesPlace and all I got was this crummy t-shirt" 🤣

If that shirt was @ the RDP Booth tomorrow they would sell out in a few hours. Include $30 in the art work. :)

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
You missed the free beer cooler and the wrist band to the RDP after party....Play your cards right and you end up with free gear and a he;lll of a good time with good peeps...lol

Have you priced new surf t-shirts. Price it right in line and Dave always uses high quality material and isn't buying million shirt batches.

LowRiver2

Reaction score
Having a close friend that works for that team, I can say the RD’s go above and beyond helping others and doing the right thing business wise. All jokes and ribbing aside, The RD’s (both) did an outstanding job last night and I’m glad to see them prosper.
We (Squad) sell shirts and pricing has definitely gone up for shirts.
The price is fair as mentioned by many , if you look at what shirts go for wholesale pre screen print.

RaceTec

Reaction score
Since I missed out on going to see you guys and hangout I am going to click and buy a couple right now, thanks for making me feel left out OP... 🤣🤣🤣

Status
Not open for further replies.