WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Love your site but...

Status
Not open for further replies.

DanG

Reaction score
Wife and I went shopping for sunglasses a few weeks back. Stopped in the "I Wear Sunglasses" shop. The nice girl helping us said, love the RDP shirt, our owner is a member and I can give you 10% off.....Boom, two pairs of glasses and felt great about spending the money. Basically my shirt was free. Love what RDP is about and truly appreciate all the work that goes into it and the community of knowledge from all the fine folks here. THANK YOU!

ka0tyk

Warlock Performance Boats Merchandise Connections
Reaction score
Wife and I went shopping for sunglasses a few weeks back. Stopped in the "I Wear Sunglasses" shop. The nice girl helping us said, love the RDP shirt, our owner is a member and I can give you 10% off.....Boom, two pairs of glasses and felt great about spending the money. Basically my shirt was free. Love what RDP is about and truly appreciate all the work that goes into it and the community of knowledge from all the fine folks here. THANK YOU!

funny everyone just yells at me "RIVERDAVES SUX!" everytime i wear my shirt in havasu. some angry people out there!

RVR SWPR

Almost Off the Grid
Reaction score
funny everyone just yells at me "RIVERDAVES SUX!" everytime i wear my shirt in havasu. some angry people out there!

Curious,you mention “Boat Brand” you involved with? Your ”Rv Bus“ project is incredible,amazing skills and support from your family.

Socalx09

Reaction score
i probably own more RDP hats then anything because it is so difficult to find a good fitting women’s hat in those styles. Almost all women hats are way too big on my head and the RDP hats fit perfectly. It’s pricey, but all the hats have lasted many pool and river trips without fading.

Also, the women tanks are also really good quality, soft and don’t shrink like most shirts do. I was so sad when I washed the “lake mode” tank and the straps got shredded. This was after two years of many many washes. I just replaced it during the boat show weekend. Happy to pay it for good quality. Even low quality shirts are priced around that range.

mobldj

Reaction score
Sixty dollars for a T-shirt, that's just some ignorant bitch shit
I call that getting-swindled-and-pimped shit
I call that getting tricked by business
That shirt's hella though
And having the same one as six other people in this club is a hella don't
Peep game, come take a look through my telescope
Tryna get girls from a brand?
Man, you hella won't! Man, you hella won't!
who the fuck talks like vanilla ice anymore.wtf

Luvnlife

Head Ram Rod
Reaction score
We scored at rdp’s, have no idea what we paid, but we are enjoying it all. Free beers & coozies to boot 👍🏻. Thanks Dave and Stacy
3B2A7A30-71EF-4215-917B-CB4157DC6F0E.jpeg

ChumpChange

Commercial Banker
Reaction score
i am,since 85 and have never spoke like that.lol.

Well it's song. So there's no reason that you've needed to speak like that unless you were singing along. I even posted the song in post 86 and I'm 100% positive that you've played it as well.

Angler

Tritoon Racing
Reaction score
I went by the shop last weekend and bought a few sweatshirts for the boys and some tanks and shirts. I thought the prices were decent. I know the sticker and koozies were pretty cheap.
Plus, if you look in the back, there is a fridge. 😂

ka0tyk

Reaction score
Curious,you mention “Boat Brand” you involved with? Your ”Rv Bus“ project is incredible,amazing skills and support from your family.

Link is in my sig. I'm in process of owning Warlock Performance Boats or really what little is left of it. Trademark/etc process sure is slow. Mostly so I can supply merch to owners. Not because I'm looking to retire off of it. Heh.

Like posted in this thread, profit margins are extremely slim and its a LOT of hassle. I think Dave/Stacey are a little better off as they store their own inventory and do bulk orders whereas I do it on demand. But that savings probably gets eaten up in artwork costs, etc for all their products. They have some pretty cool designs.

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
Link is in my sig. I'm in process of owning Warlock Performance Boats or really what little is left of it. Trademark/etc process sure is slow. Mostly so I can supply merch to owners. Not because I'm looking to retire off of it. Heh.

Like posted in this thread, profit margins are extremely slim and its a LOT of hassle. I think Dave/Stacey are a little better off as they store their own inventory and do bulk orders whereas I do it on demand. But that savings probably gets eaten up in artwork costs, etc for all their products. They have some pretty cool designs.

good luck with that endeavor. Bruce Jennings owned it for a while when he was one of my customers. YIKES! That is what he told me. It was quite a long time ago...25-30 years

just search his name as well as Jennings Firearms

ka0tyk

Reaction score
good luck with that endeavor. Bruce Jennings owned it for a while when he was one of my customers. YIKES! That is what he told me. It was quite a long time ago...25-30 years

just search his name as well as Jennings Firearms

im not looking to start building boats. just been selling merch for almost 2 years now.

RVR SWPR

Almost Off the Grid
Reaction score

Will be interesting following your Warlock Journey.
Thru RDP site preferences i eliminated Signature content long time ago. Your age and timing could be perfect for Warlock. Years ago at LA Boat Show all white Warlock was first boat displayed up as you walked thru the door of the big room.

lbhsbz

Reaction score

Yeah but you've got a badass Warlock bus and all Dave has is a shitty RDP trailer.

LakeBeard

Reaction score
So we absolutely hated having to raise the prices on these. The days of the $20 shirt at the shows are impossible for us at this point. Dave runs quality shirts and the price we pay to have the shirts ran has nearly doubled. Hat prices have gone up as well. Wages to have the girls at the show have gone up. We made the same money at the show, spent more on product and sold less product than years prior because of the increase. But unless we find a cheaper source or run cheaper clothing (which Dave refuses to do and you would complain about as well) I just don't see a solution in sight. But to be clear, Desert Storm is not a profitable event for us. Everything we do is a huge thank you to our members. Should we discuss the free beer that we generously hand out to the masses this weekend? Sorry the defense, but we just spent the first day of 3 days of cubic dollars and tireless work for our members. It burns a little when someone starts a thread bashing anything we did yesterday vs a thank you for your tireless effort to make sure we have a bad ass time thread.

"Dave runs quality shirts" 100% true, my shirts have held up very well, don't skimp on quality

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
I payed it but wasn't happy and won't do it again 60 bucks for a youth shirt and an adult shirt. Not sure if prices have gone up that much and that the ( new norm). Maybe Its just me butI got more from the desert storm venders for the money. Yall can talk shit don't care just my opinion.

So what you're saying is...

You just don't get out of the house a whole lot?? I think event t-shirts have been thirty bucks for at least ten years or so! First time I recall seeing that price was for Big Belly Crew shirts at Glamis. Are those guys even around anymore?? That has to have been easy a decade ago! Now that I think about it, probably longer.

Concert shirts? Thirty bucks. Drag races? Thirty bucks. Off-road races? Thirty bucks. Sand Sports Show? Thirty bucks. It's been the norm for awhile.

So since most of us that go out and do stuff on a regular basis, have seen these prices for awhile, your post comes off as some what of a douche move, complaining about something that HAS been the norm for awhile.

Sometime apologies are hard to muster up too, but I think you owe Dave and Stacy a huge one one...

Have you ever put on a booth at a show before?? If you had, you would know it is a MASSIVE amount of work, and even if they charged fifty bucks a shirt, they still would not be making a profit on all of the work they do for weeks before, and weeks after the show. And I can tell you first hand, they don't give away spots for booths at a show for free.

So that's my opinion. You're free to talk shit too, if you want as well. :thumbups:

P.S. Thanks Dave and Stacy and who ever else helped at the street fair this year!!! Sounds like (almost) everyone had a great time!

LakeBeard

Reaction score
So we absolutely hated having to raise the prices on these. The days of the $20 shirt at the shows are impossible for us at this point. Dave runs quality shirts and the price we pay to have the shirts ran has nearly doubled. Hat prices have gone up as well. Wages to have the girls at the show have gone up. We made the same money at the show, spent more on product and sold less product than years prior because of the increase. But unless we find a cheaper source or run cheaper clothing (which Dave refuses to do and you would complain about as well) I just don't see a solution in sight. But to be clear, Desert Storm is not a profitable event for us. Everything we do is a huge thank you to our members. Should we discuss the free beer that we generously hand out to the masses this weekend? Sorry the defense, but we just spent the first day of 3 days of cubic dollars and tireless work for our members. It burns a little when someone starts a thread bashing anything we did yesterday vs a thank you for your tireless effort to make sure we have a bad ass time thread.
when will the toon shirts be back in stock …can I pre order?

DWC

Reaction score
Cmon we aren’t banning people for anything in this thread.. lol.

The guy took a beating in the thread.. I think I took a beating from some of these guys as well.. good times. 🤪

we are all partying down at the raft up so good vibes everyone!

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
The quality is no joke. I still have my first run OG T-shirt and pullover. Those are what? 10+ years old now? I have worn them A LOT too.

Reactions: DWC

DLC

Reaction score
I have several used RDP shirts - slightly stained..... no un needed holes!
But otherwise in fantastic condition !
$10 bucks ea, buyer pays shipping

“ AS IS condition “

pm for pics

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
when will the toon shirts be back in stock …can I pre order?

we have them, we just haven’t had a chance to update the inventory as we are still exhibiting tonight and tomorrow as well. After the weekends over we will see what we have left and put it online and then reorder again to fill the store etc..

We can’t run online and store and trailer at the same time. We just aren’t stafffed for it.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
So what you're saying is...

You just don't get out of the house a whole lot?? I think event t-shirts have been thirty bucks for at least ten years or so! First time I recall seeing that price was for Big Belly Crew shirts at Glamis. Are those guys even around anymore?? That has to have been easy a decade ago! Now that I think about it, probably longer.

Concert shirts? Thirty bucks. Drag races? Thirty bucks. Off-road races? Thirty bucks. Sand Sports Show? Thirty bucks. It's been the norm for awhile.

So since most of us that go out and do stuff on a regular basis, have seen these prices for awhile, your post comes off as some what of a douche move, complaining about something that HAS been the norm for awhile.

Sometime apologies are hard to muster up too, but I think you owe Dave and Stacy a huge one one...

Have you ever put on a booth at a show before?? If you had, you would know it is a MASSIVE amount of work, and even if they charged fifty bucks a shirt, they still would not be making a profit on all of the work they do for weeks before, and weeks after the show. And I can tell you first hand, they don't give away spots for booths at a show for free.

So that's my opinion. You're free to talk shit too, if you want as well. :thumbups:

P.S. Thanks Dave and Stacy and who ever else helped at the street fair this year!!! Sounds like (almost) everyone had a great time!

Nobody owes me an apology.. honestly I don’t like the 30.00 a shirt either.. 😢. That said I also don’t like 4.00 at the gas pump. It’s jist a sign of the times, the cost of everything is going up.

GRADS

Phishing license is paid up to date
Reaction score
I have a similar story...I wore my RDP shirt here and they threw in a free butt plug!👍

IMG_1398.JPG

Last edited:

Lumpy

Reaction score
I payed it but wasn't happy and won't do it again 60 bucks for a youth shirt and an adult shirt. Not sure if prices have gone up that much and that the ( new norm). Maybe Its just me butI got more from the desert storm venders for the money. Yall can talk shit don't care just my opinion.

Dirty Daytona

Reaction score
32733C94-39B4-48C8-BD02-F74A2EA53452.jpeg
Me and my wife went in the store last Sunday. Lynda was super helpful and offered us bloody Mary’s or mimosas. My wife bought this hat and my buddy bought a hat and 2 shirts. The dude complaining about the price of the shirts needs to order a large cup of STFU!!!! Come on bro, get a grip!

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
Ya'll keep voting democrats and were going to be paying 60 bucks for 1 shirt
I have several used RDP shirts - slightly stained..... no un needed holes!
But otherwise in fantastic condition !
$10 bucks ea, buyer pays shipping

“ AS IS condition “

pm for pics

Pics of the shirts or just random pics?

76sanger

Reaction score
Your complaining about spending 60 bucks on custom t-shirts? Quit buying your "custom" t-shirts from walmart...err china I mean. Good american quality costs. Suck it up buttercup and pull your big girl pink panties up!

Mr. C

going back in time
Reaction score
FUK

Is this what my life has evolved into........... That boring that I read this whole thread on a Friday night????

heading back out to the garage

And not just this one. FUK. I’m old and boring. Going to the backyard with another drink. [emoji33]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RiverDiva

"Team RDP"
Reaction score
Having a close friend that works for that team, I can say the RD’s go above and beyond helping others and doing the right thing business wise. All jokes and ribbing aside, The RD’s (both) did an outstanding job last night and I’m glad to see them prosper.
We (Squad) sell shirts and pricing has definitely gone up for shirts.
The price is fair as mentioned by many , if you look at what shirts go for wholesale pre screen print.

Appreciate that! Always try to keep that moral compass pointing the same direction and all the rest falls into place.

LowRiver2

Reaction score
Appreciate that! Always try to keep that moral compass pointing the same direction and all the rest falls into place.
Absolutely
The Horizon party was a gem: low key but a lot of fun

My 9 year old passed out on the rdp couch lol.
Thanks for a fun time Mr and Mrs. RD .

Drew

Banned
Reaction score
I can’t understand , I think I need someone to explain this to me. But what I have learned so far is this:
Picked out 2) shirts
1) adult
1) youth
( assuming ) price tag was listed?
Paid for said shirts
Then said price was to high!

can I assume that at any point he could have said “ wow that’s sounds expensive” andthen decided not to complete the purchase. I don’t understand this.

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
I can’t understand , I think I need someone to explain this to me. But what I have learned so far is this:
Picked out 2) shirts
1) adult
1) youth
( assuming ) price tag was listed?
Paid for said shirts
Then said price was to high!

can I assume that at any point he could have said “ wow that’s sounds expensive” andthen decided not to complete the purchase. I don’t understand this.

That requires more common sense than what is out there in the world these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.