WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

LowRiver2 off-line for a while

boatpi

Reaction score
I’m doing a post on his behalf he’s fine.

there’s a lot going on behind the scenes, no issues with his career including the LAPD press conference today, he’s good.

can’t get it to details, I will update on a later when he can stick his head above water.

Bpi

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
Was wondering where he has been, especially regarding the press conference today.

River Dirt 2

Brummett 21
Reaction score

TITTIES AND BEER

Honorary RDP Inmate #160 Emeritus - R.I.P. Mark 😢
Reaction score
I’m doing a post on his behalf he’s fine.

there’s a lot going on behind the scenes, no issues with his career including the LAPD press conference today, he’s good.

can’t get it to details, I will update on a later when he can stick his head above water.

Bpi
Hope all is well with him 😉😎

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
Thanks for the link.

hope all is well for him

Ducksquasher

Reaction score
I was thinking about this today. When they said in the press conference that there was a support center set-up for the neighborhood...I had no problem with that and I think that they do need support. But as far as the LAPD being responsible and having to pay out...why? They were trying to do their job and it went sideways...no ill intentions...it was a mistake. Go after the asshat who caused the issue in the first place! If he didn't have all of the explosives this would have never happened and the ATF and LAPD never would have been there. If his house would have blown up and torched the neighborhood you know that there would have been deaths. LAPD wouldn't be held accountable for that? The entire time listening to Chief Moore speak all that I could think was he was laying the ground work for lawsuits. I get it...be honest, take resposnbility, support the community there but lawsuits...nope.

Slink

Tennessee Living
Reaction score
Just read the story on Fox News.....some dip shit councilman is turning it into a race issue....WTF. No doubt the entire unit is getting criticism from all sides...including the LAPD Brass and someone will be the "Fall Guy" and probably be out of the unit soon.

4Waters

Reaction score
Just read the story on Fox News.....some dip shit councilman is turning it into a race issue....WTF. No doubt the entire unit is getting criticism from all sides...including the LAPD Brass and someone will be the "Fall Guy" and probably be out of the unit soon.
Highly doubt anyone will be kicked out of the bomb squad, it costs way to much to train and certify someone as a tech.

To put it into perspective it costs LAFD about 150k to get 1 certified paramedic and it's all local training. Cost of the school, paying the firefighter his salary while in school and paying someone overtime to cover his spot while he's in training. Bomb training is out of state and takes longer.

JB in so cal

Reaction score
Highly doubt anyone will be kicked out of the bomb squad, it costs way to much to train and certify someone as a tech.

To put it into perspective it costs LAFD about 150k to get 1 certified paramedic and it's all local training. Cost of the school, paying the firefighter his salary while in school and paying someone overtime to cover his spot while he's in training. Bomb training is out of state and takes longer.
I think I heard a supervisor and a front line officer were put on suspension or relieved of position. Not fired but...

traquer

Reaction score
I'm speculating here, but they likely told all their team members no talking about work outside of the workplace. LR2 posted cool stuff here and I didn't think any of it was sensitive whatsoever, but top brass probably got paranoid after this incident and told everyone to lay low.

HTTP404

New But Seasoned Inmate #2002
Reaction score

Maybe a remedial math class is in order then?

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
In regards to LR2, as long as he and his kin are safe and healthy, all other stuff is really secondary.

I know LE, the good ones at least, define their work as much more than a job. It is a calling they say. At the end of the day, end of their watch, there still needs to be more.

Even if he is not "here", posting and such, I hope he is able to get time to live "beyond the badge".

No offense to any badges, but I'd much rather meet up on the water than at your work. Probably even more so if you happen to be on the Bomb Squad!

ssc

Reaction score
LR2,
Glad all is good. Wish you the best. If I can help with anything, you know how to reach me. Stay safe.

Cheers, Steve

Cdog

Reaction score
He’s definitely one of the good guys. Hope all is well.

musicFunsun

I Love BoBo!!!
Reaction score
I really appreciated reading the first hand, true info he has always provided. Difficult job only a few individuals can do. My best thoughts to LR2 and all his team🙏🏻

HOOTER SLED-

Supercharged MOTORBOAT!!!
Reaction score
Now that Doyer Stadium is back in full swing, he's killing it with that side work...I get it. 😂😂

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
I'm speculating here, but they likely told all their team members no talking about work outside of the workplace. LR2 posted cool stuff here and I didn't think any of it was sensitive whatsoever, but top brass probably got paranoid after this incident and told everyone to lay low.
Could be the reason. He might not be posting but he was online reading tonight.

JayBreww

Reaction score

You can’t say that… I got scolded for hinting that he probably couldn’t speak much about this till the press release comes out in the original thread.
But I was a “Facebook commenter”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JDKRXW

Reaction score
They were trying to do their job and it went sideways...no ill intentions...it was a mistake.

I agree with you 100%, but.......there are different levels of mistake. It sounded to me like this was what the chief was getting at during his press conference.
This one sounds like it's about the same as a surgeon not counting the number of sponges he uses and forgetting one in your chest as he sews you up.

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
I agree with you 100%, but.......there are different levels of mistake. It sounded to me like this was what the chief was getting at during his press conference.
This one sounds like it's about the same as a surgeon not counting the number of sponges he uses and forgetting one in your chest as he sews you up.
That happened to my wife when we had our first son. Emergency surgery the next day to get the extra pieces out.

CLdrinker

Reaction score
Anyone that signs up for that career is ok in my book.
They risk their lives for a paycheck, not many people are willing to do that.

Any mistake they make could cost them their life. If you think they should be punished, maybe you can sign up for their job and show them how it’s done.

RIVERDAZE

Reaction score
Brass better not roll over on his guys. Being a cop is hard enough…being a bomb tech, fuck that. ZERO room for error.

I agree, but here is just part of the fallout...i'm sure more will come later..."Five members of the bomb squad have been removed from duty", Moore said

DaveC

Car-boat motors
Reaction score
So let me see if I get this straight The bomb squad evacuated the area and detonated some contra ban and through their mistake used too much explosive, causing some local damage. No one is hurt just some property damage. OK so someone messed up. Fix it, train and move on. Maybe someone gets put on a short leash.

Instead they wanna start a full scale political witch hunt? OK. Fine.

But when "peaceful protesters" cause the same amount of damage downtown to private property without repercussions that is OK? Noted

Last edited:

Looking Glass

1 = Well = Known = Member
Reaction score
Isn't this the Second one in a few Weeks? I swear I read about another one a couple weeks ago?

Kachina26

Inmate #RDP158
Reaction score
So let me see if I get this straight The bomb squad evacuated the area and detonated some contra ban and through their mistake used too much explosive, causing some local damage. No one is hurt just some property damage. OK so someone messed up. Fix it, train and move on. Maybe someone gets put on a short leash.

Instead they wanna start a full scale political witch hunt? OK. Fine.

But when "peaceful protesters" cause the same amount of damage downtown to private property without repercussions that is OK? Noted
17 were injured.