WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Loyalty - employers / employees . What do employees owe - if anything?

DrHW

Reaction score
Why are you quoting my original when Ive followed on with 2 more clarifications and already copped to the fact I was too short with my original post?

Ill explain it again. I was too short in my answer and it skewed my meaning.

From the beginning I have looked for feedback - not to be "right". This is why Im not arguing with guys that say "fuck the company" Im just tallying who says what and chatting about why they feel that way.

I never said I was interested I said I was appreciative of the effort to type and write the post in my clarification of intent.

When the boss the said to him - "I thought Id be handing the keys to you someday" -( or close enough) it was too little too late and piss weak.

I don't trust what the boss says - he should have written his intentions down on a piece of paper if he were being honest.

That what I meant by a succession plan- if the boss were being honest this conversation would have turned into a sit down long before to document just where the keys go in 3-5-10 years.

It was the boss I didnt trust and thought didnt work in good faith. not the guy posting the experience.

After soo many long posts, Im am guilty of shortchanging the time to properly explain what I meant - hence the post didnt reflect my intention.

Hopefully after trying to explain this twice now, you know what my thought was, and can now like or dislike it for what I really meant.

UD

I appreciate your reply.

Corporations conduct an Exit Interview and sometimes you get the truth and sometimes you do not. Contact the individual that left and have an open conversation as to what might have been done differently so that it may help someone else and or improve the Company going forward. Explain that you are not being judgmental and that you are looking for additional insight as to what was working and what was not.

Old Man Havasu

Reaction score
Do you feel they owe you at least a discussion?

I always try to talk to them at regular intervals while we are working together so they know what it will take to get a piece of the action, and what to takes to get that piece then if they choose to walk at least they made an informed choice.

If I let a true assets get that far then Ive probably waited too long to chat.

UD

Conversation is constant at any contact. Every employee is an investment. It is satisfying to help people grow and become a bigger asset and benefit from that growth. Someone that leaves is often someone that knows they have limited opportunity based on there inability or unwillingness to meet the necessary standards.

Uncle Dave

Reaction score
Conversation is constant at any contact. Every employee is an investment. It is satisfying to help people grow and become a bigger asset and benefit from that growth. Someone that leaves is often someone that knows they have limited opportunity based on there inability or unwillingness to meet the necessary standards.

Sounds like you run a fair place where everybody knows their standing with you and the organization.

Agreed on helping people grow.

Congrats on your son kicking cancers ass- I did as well. Fuck Cancer.

UD

farmo83

Reaction score
The company I work for was founded in 1968 and until today had never had lay offs until today when around 10% of folks got the axe. The old owner passed away a few years ago and the company has been under new management since. Somehow I don't think loyalty will be as high in the future. I'm beyond grateful that I am still employed but watching your friends clean out their desk and loose their lively hood just plan sucks.

PVHCA

Reaction score
If that was directed towards me, yes we do. In all cities that require them. We also pull and close permits on every job we do.

Even when I do friend/ family jobs it's ran through the company.

YUP!!