WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Luft 7- Indy

lakemadness

Grobe Bruste Bitte
Reaction score
I think there are few air cooled Porsche guys in here. Anyone attending Luft 7 in Indy? My car was accepted and will be in the show. Should be a good one. I'll come back and post pics of the show. Sept 10th.

9SIX4.png

sirbob

Reaction score
Tell me about the location please?

What kind of area did they use? What are those buildings normally used for?

I like seeing how they stage their shows.

lakemadness

Grobe Bruste Bitte
Reaction score
Tell me about the location please?

What kind of area did they use? What are those buildings normally used for?

I like seeing how they stage their shows.

It was originally a Coca Cola bottling plant built in the 30’s or 40’s. Then Tony Hulman (who owned the Indianapolis Motor Speedway) bought it and stored his car collection in there for a few years. Then after that for several decades it was used by the public school system as a storage maintenance location for school busses. Kinda fell in to disrepair. A developer bought it and spent a few years and a shit ton of money restoring it. It is now a hotel, event space, high end food hall, class a office space and some retail. It just opened this past January. The main building is all Terra-cotta restored to perfect condition. Phase two will have condos and apartments. Over the top well done. All hotel rooms and entire hotel is original terrazzo flooring restored and looks new. Perfect space for Luft.

Last edited:

lakemadness

Grobe Bruste Bitte
Reaction score

GT cup cars running at IMS

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
Beautiful cars! Lots of money in hardware there, but in all reality...... those platforms are more than the cars sitting on them! Lol!

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
Love Porsches and those air cooled cars are awesome! thanks for sharing

sirbob

Reaction score
It was originally a Coca Cola bottling plant built in the 30’s or 40’s. Then Tony Hulman (who owned the Indianapolis Motor Speedway) bought it and stored his car collection in there for a few years. Then after that for several decades it was used by the public school system as a storage maintenance location for school busses. Kinda fell in to disrepair. A developer bought it and spent a few years and a shit ton of money restoring it. It is now a hotel, event space, high end food hall, class a office space and some retail. It just opened this past January. The main building is all Terra-cotta restored to perfect condition. Phase two will have condos and apartments. Over the top we’ll done. All hotel rooms and entire hotel is original terrazzo flooring restored and looks new. Perfect space for Luft.

I love it - I’d love to find some old buildings to redo like those! Thx