WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Lurker, new here

Jimmyv

Reaction score
Hey folks,
Been an off and on lurker for the past few years, finally created an actual user account! Truth be told, I’m at City of Hope being treated for cancer and have a lot of extra time on my hands!

We have an older Godfrey pontoon, 24ft Sweetwater, Merc 115 2 stroke outboard. First and only boat. It’s been great for our young family (3yo and 5yo). Boat sits in Big Bear lake all season, Most of our boating is done up there.

Never did any boating as a kid, wasn't our families thing. Spent a fair amount of time over the years in Parker and Havasu with friends on their boats, lucky to have good friends with nice boats.

Cheers,
James

DWC

Reaction score
Welcome to the boards. It’s way more fun to join the shit show than to watch IMO. Prayers that everything is going well at COH. My wife is a 10 year survivor. The staff there is awesome. Great pre, during at post treatment. Hang in there it’ll get better and we’ll all be back on the water before you know it If you need anything say the word.

YeahYeah01

Reaction score
I'm new as well but welcome Jimmy!

That's a tuff hand to be dealt man, beat this thing and post some pics this summer with your family and your boat, we are looking forward to seeing it.

It seems like RDP is full of strong-willed tuff people but they look out for each other and help when help is needed. That being said, you or your family need anything don't hesitate to ask.

Jimmyv

Reaction score
Thanks guys. Here due to AML Leukemia, Getting a bone marrow transplant next week. Finished my first full day of radiation treatment today.

Cant wait to put this whole thing behind me and get back to some normal things, desert, mountains, water!

Attachments

• A806D028-C756-4512-A225-6CF3D49634BE.jpeg
    A806D028-C756-4512-A225-6CF3D49634BE.jpeg
    70.5 KB · Views: 160

Singleton

Reaction score
Welcome to the madness
continue to fight the battle and you will be on the water soon

DB / HAV

Reaction score
Hey team RDP, giving platelets at the City of Hope is easy and helps a lot. Now that some have free time it’s a great way to give back. It is super easy. I have done this since 1990, not often enough but now is a great time!! God bless y’all!!

Jimmyv

Reaction score
Hey team RDP, giving platelets at the City of Hope is easy and helps a lot. Now that some have free time it’s a great way to give back. It is super easy. I have done this since 1990, not often enough but now is a great time!! God bless y’all!!
THIS!
Thanks DB / HAV

Donations are WAY down with the quarantine, but blood and platelets are still critical to many. Go to City of Hope, or the Red Cross, donate anywhere you can!

Bullet28

Nor Cal Delta
Reaction score
Welcome, prayers coming you’re way, get well and get on the lake.

havasujeeper

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. I have a close friend at the same place dealing with the same issue. Stay strong, kick "C's" ass, and come back even stronger.

By the way, "F" cancer!

Reaction score
Welcome to the madness
Hey folks,
Been an off and on lurker for the past few years, finally created an actual user account! Truth be told, I’m at City of Hope being treated for cancer and have a lot of extra time on my hands!

We have an older Godfrey pontoon, 24ft Sweetwater, Merc 115 2 stroke outboard. First and only boat. It’s been great for our young family (3yo and 5yo). Boat sits in Big Bear lake all season, Most of our boating is done up there.
Speed Test Scrabble Word Finder Solitaire
Never did any boating as a kid, wasn't our families thing. Spent a fair amount of time over the years in Parker and Havasu with friends on their boats, lucky to have good friends with nice boats.

Cheers,
James

Last edited: