WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

LUXE Custom Crafts --> #001 Model19 is INC!

MikeyLooy

Reaction score
Hey RiverDave & Fam! Luxe Custom Crafts is currently building 19’
🚀
that will be coming to life this spring. The LUXE team will be posting M19 build progress daily so I had to share to the forms. (Get connected HERE) Check it out: Base color will match 2019 Silverado Silver w/ metal flake but the interior is still undecided. Top or btm all? Whatcha thinking? Would love some feedback. THX
LUXE-M19-Photo-01.jpg
LUXE-M19-Photo-02.jpg
LUXE-M19-Photo-03.jpg

LUXE-M19-Photo-04.jpg

LUXE-M19-Photo-05.jpg

retaocleg

Reaction score
money and perf numbers please............great to see new blood in the game!
merc 1550, balast tank, run the enduro.........👍 you'll have guys cheesing all over it

ps.........dont say metal flake if you dont mean it.......metallic is not flake
some of us LOVE metal flake @Gelcoater, others are pretenders....bass boat baby!

is that a pump in the rendering? i like it, but most here are drive queens.........hope it is a tunnel bottom if you going pump based

Last edited:

evantwheeler

Reaction score
Bottom, but I'm that a-hole that'll give an opinion if it's asked for. That cowl hood looking thing looks like an afterthought and the boat would look far far better without it. It significantly takes away from the timeless lines that boat has otherwise. Cool to see some new products coming out, best of luck!

Backlash

Reaction score
Looking good and welcome to the party. 👍

The boat resembles the Spectra 19 / GMT, so the style will be timeless. As this seems to be the first offering, please take the time to make this build "Over the top." Bringing something new to the market, it needs to have a heckuva lot of "Wow" factor and attention to detail if you want it to stand out and be successful.

(Put the polyester auto-body filler away before you snap any pics.) 😁

Is the layup standard or are you doing some vaccuum bagging, resin infusion, etc. I hope it's at least a vinylester layup. Give us the scoop and let us know all the details. Two stringer boat, or four? Wood or composite?

Keep an open mind and listen to what the knowledgeable people on this site tell you. Keep up the good work and post up some build threads as you move forward.

Reaction score
with all the jetboat molds, like CP, Tahiti offshore, Spectra 19 and there is probably more just collecting dust why go to the expensive to build a better mouse trap ? last time I checked the jetboat market isn't huge...

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
with all the jetboat molds, like CP, Tahiti offshore, Spectra 19 and there is probably more just collecting dust why go to the expensive to build a better mouse trap ? last time I checked the jetboat market isn't huge...

Because they are planning on offering a boat at 69,900.. 😍 boat should run upper 70’s / low 80’s?

I think they can sell them, especially to the lower river crowd.

78Southwind

Reaction score
It is the Bahner hull that they are retooling the deck.
I could be wrong here but didn't one of the Bahner hulls have the Roger's bottom? If so, does this hull have the Roger's bottom?

Gelcoater

Reaction score
money and perf numbers please............great to see new blood in the game!
merc 1550, balast tank, run the enduro.........👍 you'll have guys cheesing all over it

ps.........dont say metal flake if you dont mean it.......metallic is not flake
some of us LOVE metal flake @Gelcoater, others are pretenders....bass boat baby!

is that a pump in the rendering? i like it, but most here are drive queens.........hope it is a tunnel bottom if you going pump based
Hard to tell what I’m seeing in those pics looks like metallic or even white?
Why not hang an egg beater on it and make the interior huge?!

Or go the opposite way and go, dare I say it.... Full V drive😎
I could be wrong here but didn't one of the Bahner hulls have the Roger's bottom? If so, does this hull have the Roger's bottom?
And this is a good question as ol Rod “borrowed” from a variety of sources.

old rigger

Reaction score

I don’t remember Rodney having a 19, doesn’t mean he didn’t offer one. Of his 2 18’s one was a Southwind bottom the other Rogers. Nothing visible in the pics above to give any clues. Kinda reminds me a little of the 19 Jerry Barron tooled up a few years ago.
Good luck to LUXE CC, can’t wait to see the finished plug.

Done-it-again

Reaction score
Looking good and welcome to the party. 👍

The boat resembles the Spectra 19 / GMT, so the style will be timeless. As this seems to be the first offering, please take the time to make this build "Over the top." Bringing something new to the market, it needs to have a heckuva lot of "Wow" factor and attention to detail if you want it to stand out and be successful.

(Put the polyester auto-body filler away before you snap any pics.) 😁

Is the layup standard or are you doing some vaccuum bagging, resin infusion, etc. I hope it's at least a vinylester layup. Give us the scoop and let us know all the details. Two stringer boat, or four? Wood or composite?

Keep an open mind and listen to what the knowledgeable people on this site tell you. Keep up the good work and post up some build threads as you move forward.
I look at different. Most builders are building “over the top” it would standout more if it was more “affordable” but at the same time not cheaply made. More in the lamination/build process and less on the lipstick like how others are doing.

curtiej10

Reaction score
We bought the mold off of Cobra, it’s the old bahner as Dave said. The hull need some minor repairs and we are retooling the deck to give an updated modern but classic look. If you’re like me we grew up in these jet boats and still love them today. So we are putting our spin on these with some fresh new schemes and ideas. It’s a mix of old school and new school. The boat will be full composite. It will come wilt an LS3 jet or an outboard version.

curtiej10

Reaction score

It’s a base silver and we will have an outboard version.

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
We bought the mold off of Cobra, it’s the old bahner as Dave said. The hull need some minor repairs and we are retooling the deck to give an updated modern but classic look. If you’re like me we grew up in these jet boats and still love them today. So we are putting our spin on these with some fresh new schemes and ideas. It’s a mix of old school and new school. The boat will be full composite. It will come wilt an LS3 jet or an outboard version.
I'm excited to see the outboard version. I love when a company wants to venture into the sub $100k market.

AZLineman

Adjusting to retired life
Reaction score
This will be bitchen. LS3 with a Whipple or a pro charger will make a dependable and semi economical 700+ HP in a very lightweight package. Team that up with a lightweight solid hull built with latest technology and materials, this thing could seriously rip. As someone said above, I dig that someone is re-venturing into this market. Looking forward to seeing one!

curtiej10

Reaction score
Ou
This will be bitchen. LS3 with a Whipple or a pro charger will make a dependable and semi economical 700+ HP in a very lightweight package. Team that up with a lightweight solid hull built with latest technology and materials, this thing could seriously rip. As someone said above, I dig that someone is re-venturing into this market. Looking forward to seeing one!
Our thought exactly

DMF

Reaction score
What is a ballpark cost with an outboard?

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
A V8 powered jet is a world away from the Tahiti 4 cyl 2.5L, Alpha I I/O set up. Believe those fuel efficient engines are no longer made. Was once told when it came to pistons, rods etc they were basically a Chevy 283 sliced down the middle. When we pulled our daughters large football playing boy friends we would use a wide body ski. That did the job. That 120hp package was pretty amazing.

hallett21

Reaction score
A V8 powered jet is a world away from the Tahiti 4 cyl 2.5L, Alpha I I/O set up. Believe those fuel efficient engines are no longer made. Was once told when it came to pistons, rods etc they were basically a Chevy 283 sliced down the middle. When we pulled our daughters large football playing boy friends we would use a wide body ski. That did the job. That 120hp package was pretty amazing.

This could be really interesting

Gelcoater

Reaction score
Or this with an alpha / jet

It’s kind of cool.
It’s about 120lbs lighter than a 5.7 v8 which is good.
But the power isn’t all that impressive.
Nissan and Chrysler were building 3.5 liter 250hp V6 twenty years ago and another 1000rpm. Lighter too as all aluminum block and heads.

I’d imagine (or hope) this engine produces more torque, as it has another liter of displacement vs those 20 year old comps.
Now, this Mercury runs on 87 octane vs 91 like those smaller engines which again is a big plus.
At the end of the day more hp would probably tax an Alpha, but it said you can get a Bravo also.

Sleek-Jet

Reaction score

The old Merc 2.5 was based on the GM Iron Duke 4 cylinder engines. In auto trim they were good for 90 net HP, at best.

There is a group out there that likes to hot rod these engines and the marine blocks and heads are sought after for durability and performance.

AZLineman

Adjusting to retired life
Reaction score
Any Merc engine/drive packages will skyrocket the price. Keep it simple and the big name corporate suppliers out if it unless a specific customer wants to pay the premium. Jet pump technology/efficiency has changed considerably and in a lightweight package with the right power could be quite economical and it could safely run the upper or lower river with ease. Its also a great rough water bottom. Old sko cool with todays technology and materials should be a win. Look how many people are turning out new gull wing pumpers. They cant build them fast enuf.

hallett21

Reaction score
I don’t know much about IO/JET motor costs, but that 4.5 Merc (250hp) is 10k and an alpha is 3k.

What would an independent shop charge to build a similar motor?

Edit: Maybe a better question would be what does 10k get you from an independent motor builder? Would need to be EFI for fair comparison.

And I don’t mean to take away from making this a Hotrod. By all means someone should throw 5-600hp in one of these and let it rip
Any Merc engine/drive packages will skyrocket the price. Keep it simple and the big name corporate suppliers out if it unless a specific customer wants to pay the premium. Jet pump technology/efficiency has changed considerably and in a lightweight package with the right power could be quite economical and it could safely run the upper or lower river with ease. Its also a great rough water bottom. Old sko cool with todays technology and materials should be a win. Look how many people are turning out new gull wing pumpers. They cant build them fast enuf.

Last edited:

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
It’s kind of cool.
It’s about 120lbs lighter than a 5.7 v8 which is good.
But the power isn’t all that impressive.
Nissan and Chrysler were building 3.5 liter 250hp V6 twenty years ago and another 1000rpm. Lighter too as all aluminum block and heads.

I’d imagine (or hope) this engine produces more torque, as it has another liter of displacement vs those 20 year old comps.
Now, this Mercury runs on 87 octane vs 91 like those smaller engines which again is a big plus.
At the end of the day more hp would probably tax an Alpha, but it said you can get a Bravo also.
I have one of those Nissan v6's you are talking about in my G35. Although it is closer to 300 in stock form. It is a screamer but doesn't produce a heck of a lot down low in the RPM range. But I think that could be the factory tune cause once you hit 3500, it's like a switch gets flipped and it TAKES OFF!

sirbob

Reaction score
Is Luxe the group doing the all glass top pontoon with the CC?

If so, any updates on that?