WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Luxury Vinyl Plank Flooring Question?

HPBoats83

Reaction score

SoCalDave

Reaction score
Still watching this thread as we'll be laying down about 1250sqft on an addition in a few months.

Javajoe

Reaction score
I’m getting ready to start my project in the next week or two and I’m thinking about using this, anybody with any thoughts on it? Seems like the specs are similar to what you guys are using, main reason I’m going with it is the micro beveled edges and color:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Looks nice. I hope you have really good lighting because it won’t throw any light like lighter flooring does. Dark makes room seem smaller also

DUNEFLYER

The original DUNEFLYER of RDP 😁
Reaction score
Just finished helping install about 1500 sq ft of LVP at my daughters house. Looks nice
BC195244-F49E-4E7F-892F-194473E111CC.jpeg
BF1EB1F1-8CC9-4BFE-BDE2-745EA0E09DCA.jpeg
Changed up the house a bit..

Ace in the Hole

Reaction score
Still watching this thread as we'll be laying down about 1250sqft on an addition in a few months.

stagger the seams, mind your cuts...buy 18% over what you need, a lot of pieces can't be used again after a couple cuts because of the edges you need. Make piles of each style so you can pick through and save them as you go.. My guys have laid a shit ton of it.

RogerThat99

Parker Is Now OPEN
Reaction score
I’m getting ready to start my project in the next week or two and I’m thinking about using this, anybody with any thoughts on it? Seems like the specs are similar to what you guys are using, main reason I’m going with it is the micro beveled edges and color:

I don't know what SPC flooring is. The flooring I put in is Rigid Core, where the core is made of crushed up stone in a composite, instead of particle board backing. It sounds like SPC is the same principle.

The flooring I got was available with beveled edge. For the the beveled edge looks great, but I was concerned with it being hard to keep clean with a Lab that sheds enough hair everyday to knit a small sweater. LOL.

I opted for the non beveled edge just for ease of getting the dog hair up easily.

I think your color looks great.

Sent From Tapatalk

Javajoe

Reaction score
You should also let it acclimate so it doesn’t expand or contract after you lay it.

Carlson-jet

Not Giving A Fuck Is An Art
Reaction score
It is cheaper to cut the dogs nails and keep them under control than to replace $30k in hardwood etc.
I made a living off of this as well as many other trades.
Clip the dogs nails.

Reactions: DWC

HPBoats83

Reaction score
You should also let it acclimate so it doesn’t expand or contract after you lay it.

I was told you don't have to do this with the stone core vinyl whereas when I did laminite plank flooring in my old house I had to wait like a week for it to acclimate? Just going off of what the guy at the flooring store said.

Javajoe

Reaction score
I was told you don't have to do this with the stone core vinyl whereas when I did laminite plank flooring in my old house I had to wait like a week for it to acclimate? Just going off of what the guy at the flooring store said.
Ok cool. I just had a bunch laid in a new science Bldg I built and they had to acclimate it. Nice you don’t have to. My flooring was super thick and kind of spongy

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
The install and warranty paperwork for the LVP floors I've installed in 3 homes all state that it must be acclimated...?

THE WIDGE

Reaction score
Anyone install Provenza “First Crush” , about to pull the trigger, 20 mil wear layer. What’s going price to install these. Need to shop around on material price, quoted at $3.79 a ft, have no idea if good or not but like color F511C030-64D5-439E-A29B-BC520880A581.jpeg AE20B34C-9EC3-435C-8E4B-88414460A0CC.jpeg

RogerThat99

Parker Is Now OPEN
Reaction score
Mine looks almost identical, 20 mil wear layer. I paid $2.59 sf. But I also also know the guy I bought it from.

Sent From Tapatalk

Hardly Satisfied

Riverside, CA & Havasu
Reaction score
The people that built our house put in Atroguard. We like it. Looks good and cleans easy. 72 hour waterproof at the seams. Only thing I do not like is the clickedy clack of the dogs nails on it.
Question what if one of our dogs has a accident and the Pee sits on it for 8 hrs or so

Rbcconst

Reaction score
Anyone install Provenza “First Crush” , about to pull the trigger, 20 mil wear layer. What’s going price to install these. Need to shop around on material price, quoted at $3.79 a ft, have no idea if good or not but like color View attachment 970987 View attachment 970986

I think thats what we installed on one of our last projects. Could have been at ease though.

Where are you located and how much do you need? I can check price on it tomorrow. That doest sound like a bad price though.

IMG_1520.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Echo Lodge

Reaction score
IMG-20210201-WA0008.jpeg
IMG-20210201-WA0006.jpeg

Anyone familiar with this product? Looking to put it in my mobile at Echo Lodge and wondering how it will handle the heat.

THE WIDGE

Reaction score
I think thats what we installed on one of our last projects. Could have been at ease though.

Where are you located and how much do you need? I can check price on it tomorrow. That doest sound like a bad price though.

View attachment 970994

i think Im about 1920 sq ft, if I do bedrooms which I’m leaning towards carpet add another 500-600 ft. I think it’s at ease, or after party if 9” plank.we like first crush or finally mine. Heard it’s good quality and we liked a lot of thr colors

rickym20

Reaction score
i think Im about 1920 sq ft, if I do bedrooms which I’m leaning towards carpet add another 500-600 ft. I think it’s at ease, or after party if 9” plank.we like first crush or finally mine. Heard it’s good quality and we liked a lot of thr colors
The wife has me installing the After Party in our house now. I don’t have experience with other brands but this product seems like is should last awhile. So far have about 900 sqft installed and the planks have been consistent and locked together nicely.

I’m glad the wife chose the wider plank since it covers more ground which means less pieces to install 😁.

Rbcconst

Reaction score

Where are you located and would you pick it up? I know i can work a better deal then your original quote.

Fast Willy

Reaction score
Just put it in our daughter's room & family room. We used life proof brand. Very easy to install & looks great. It say waterproof, but when you ask around it's more like water resistant. Still a very nice product that is fully composite.

Attachments

• 20210128_180501.jpg
    20210128_180501.jpg
    246.1 KB · Views: 100
  • 20210131_184532.jpg
    20210131_184532.jpg
    218.8 KB · Views: 96
  • 20210131_184631.jpg
    20210131_184631.jpg
    151.8 KB · Views: 94

THE WIDGE

Reaction score
Where are you located and would you pick it up? I know i can work a better deal then your original quote.

I’m in chino hills, thx

THE WIDGE

Reaction score
The wife has me installing the After Party in our house now. I don’t have experience with other brands but this product seems like is should last awhile. So far have about 900 sqft installed and the planks have been consistent and locked together nicely.

I’m glad the wife chose the wider plank since it covers more ground which means less pieces to install 😁.
Post some pics of yours, where you located, I’m in chino hills. We couldn’t find many pics of after party installed to pull trigger on that one tho we preferred 9” plank. Thx

rickym20

Reaction score
Post some pics of yours, where you located, I’m in chino hills. We couldn’t find many pics of after party installed to pull trigger on that one tho we preferred 9” plank. Thx

I’m in Temecula,
Only picture I have at the moment. Lighting plays a factor and can cause it to look a shade different depending on what area of the house ours in .
F1024EAD-6807-4976-83A8-6E8C21D01665.jpeg

Mandelon

Coffee makes me poop.
Reaction score
You get what you pay for in these products.

While they may be "waterproof," water can get under the plank flooring and it isn't exactly easy to dry out.

A flatter sub floor yields a better finish floor. Check for high spots and grind them down, check for low spots and fill them up.
Read all the darn instructions, watch a couple videos and don't cut corners.

Rbcconst

Reaction score
I’m in chino hills, thx

I can do $3.65 a sqft out the door. That would be delivered to my shop in beaumont. Thats assuming your purchasing at least the 1920 sqft. If you use a CC or bank card its an add 3%.

BLOWN HOWARD

Reaction score
Anybody had any success installing this in an RV, thinking of getting rid of the carpet in the motorhome

Reactions: DWC

SKIDMARC

Reaction score
You get what you pay for in these products.

While they may be "waterproof," water can get under the plank flooring and it isn't exactly easy to dry out.

A flatter sub floor yields a better finish floor. Check for high spots and grind them down, check for low spots and fill them up.
Read all the darn instructions, watch a couple videos and don't cut corners.

Very true regarding water underneath. Almost impossible to dry out without taking out the floor. Ask me how I know. :rolleyes:

SKIDMARC

Reaction score
View attachment 971007 View attachment 971008

Anyone familiar with this product? Looking to put it in my mobile at Echo Lodge and wondering how it will handle the heat.

It does great in the heat. Because it plastic it will actually become pliable and lay more flush to your subfloor. Put a piece in the sun and after a few minutes you can actually roll the stuff up.

Its the cold that can cause the problems. Also depending on the product I've seen some start to buckle at the seams.

Ace in the Hole

Reaction score
It does great in the heat. Because it plastic it will actually become pliable and lay more flush to your subfloor. Put a piece in the sun and after a few minutes you can actually roll the stuff up.

Its the cold that can cause the problems. Also depending on the product I've seen some start to buckle at the seams.

If you leave the edge gaps asa the warranty requires on most brands it wont buckle..its buckles when it cannot expand bc its "wall to wall."

On the heat its a double edged sword because it will also heat up and show EVERY imperfection. The thicker products don't have this issue as bad as the "cheap shit."

Rajobigguy

Reaction score
My buddy has a few more days to complete. We decided to add complete stairs and loft. This is Parliament Flooring. Awesome feel and really solid and quiet to walk on! Could not be happier!

This is our upstairs catwalk hallway. I’ll put pics up once all complete!
View attachment 924762

This looks like the exact stuff we put in our house but I don't remember the name. It's been five years and has held up pretty well. there are a couple of planks that the corners have raised slightly but nothing major.

DWC

Reaction score
Anybody had any success installing this in an RV, thinking of getting rid of the carpet in the motorhome
It’ll work great. Don’t go cheap. Get something thick or it’ll buckle in extreme heat. We did laminate years ago and it was the best thing ever. Way better for kids/sand than carpet.

Echo Lodge

Reaction score

I was just told it can handle up to 160 degrees. Getting it for $2.75 a sqft. Is that a good price? With me doing the install.

badgas

Reaction score
We just did the entire house in Havasu with a product called Supercore Xtreme. It has a 30mil commercial wear layer and was actually less than lifeproof from home depot. We purchased from weshipfloors.com in Tenn. They will send you samples and ship to you for free. The color we chose is called faded glory and we are really happy with it. They have many differnt colors. I really liked the 30mil wear layer as our place will be rented from time to time. If you ever want to check it out let me know.

e
PXL_20210109_224429680.jpg
PXL_20210109_224443696.jpg

Last edited:

Racer56

Jukebox Hero
Reaction score
We just did the entire house in Havasu with a product called Supercore Xtreme. It has a 30mil commercial wear layer and was actually less than lifeproof from home depot. We purchased from weshipfloors.com in Tenn. They will send you samples and ship to you for free. The color we chose is called faded glory and we are really happy with it. They have many differnt colors. I really liked the 30mil wear layer as our place will be rented from time to time. If you ever want to check it out let me know.

e View attachment 971358 View attachment 971359

Looks great! Did you do the install yourself or did you have a flooring company install?

badgas

Reaction score
Looks great! Did you do the install yourself or did you have a flooring company install?

I did not do the install. I had a local installer refered by another board member. I purchsed the floooring and the moulding and had them install. They also had to demo about 700ft of tile.

Racer56

Jukebox Hero
Reaction score
I did not do the install. I had a local installer refered by another board member. I purchsed the floooring and the moulding and had them install. They also had to demo about 700ft of tile.

Care to share there contact info?

RogerThat99

Parker Is Now OPEN
Reaction score
I was just told it can handle up to 160 degrees. Getting it for $2.75 a sqft. Is that a good price? With me doing the install.
I think it's a good price. Mine was $2.79 sf. He dropped it to $2.59 sf because I am old buddies with him. That price didn't include installation.

Sent From Tapatalk

SKIDMARC

Reaction score
Honestly plank flooring under $3 a square foot is junk. I am not a fan of fake wood Flooring. I would go with the real stuff. I redid the kitchen floor with genuine oak flooring. View attachment 971517 View attachment 971519 View attachment 971520

Nice floor!! I love the real stuff too. My old house I had a custom wood floor as well. But with two kids running around spilling and dragging things, dogs and a wife that wears heals , the up keep began to be a PITA. With the kind of wear and tear I was getting, I was refinishing the floor once a year. So for the money, look and lack of upkeep needed we went with LVP. Plus if we don't like it a few years later, we can replace it and we are only out a few thousand dollars.

Tpltrbl303

Reaction score
IMG_2534.jpg

It was a lot of work but worth it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
Resurrecting this thread......

I never did get around to doing our home's floor last year, cause I did the entire river house instead!
Misguided priorities....

So i'm ready to pull the trigger on LVT, looking at a product that is 12mm thick with built-in padding. Its from a distributor called "flooring 101", but the brand is Oceanside.
Im thinking thicker is better, feels more substantial underfoot, less "tapping" sound, more resiliant to imperfections in subfloor, etc.

Problem is - when I called Oceanside to ask some questions they said it's not their product. The logo isn't the same as the Oceanside floorinig I can find online.
Seems fishy....

Anybody have any experience with LVT thats 12mm thick, Oceanside brand?

71AEBF5C-762A-4802-892E-BB62498824B4.jpeg
17E3183D-3E38-4B6B-AE25-14CA1D0234B2.jpeg
99CB5C94-766C-467F-9C9F-745BD2B1CDF2.jpeg