WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

M.O.A.B. bomb just dropped on ISIS tunnels in Afghanistan

j-bone

Reaction score
This could be a test to see how it might work in N. Korea. All their weapons are kept in deep bunkers under mountains.

Shit is gettin' real.

Outdrive1

Outdrive1 Marine Sales https://www.outdrive1.com/
Reaction score
Nice. [emoji106]

Outdrive1

Reaction score
Unfortunately I think it's coming.

riverroyal

Reaction score
If you think about it we have been in WWIII since 2001, it is just not as conventional or well conducted as the previous wars.

true. Its not hand to hand like WW1 and 2.

This is a ISIS thing, maybe showing some muscle to the world. Also showing the world we have had enough. How many of these mother bombs do we have?

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
Someone have info on exactly what this MOAB bomb is?

Deja_Vu

Essex Affectionado
Reaction score
Someone have info on exactly what this MOAB bomb is?

The GBU-43/B is large, powerful and accurately delivered. high explosive. The GBU-43/B Massive Ordnance Air Blast Bomb [MOAB] weapon is a 21,000 lbs total weight GPS-guided munition with fins and inertial gyro for pitch and roll control. It is probable that this munition was initially nick-named the "Mother Of All Bombs" with the retronymic expansion of MOAB following later

http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/systems/munitions/moab.htm

hqdefault.jpg

17 mins ago this pic was posted

bomba-ee.uu_.jpg

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
Wonder what the cost is on one of those -vs- 21 tomahawks....that's just based on the weight factor

I do realize that they are for different purposes though. This MOAB looks like it is intended to destroy tunnels and bunkers.

Drop about 21 of those and it would do serious, serious damage and might be less costly than the tomahawks :)

USMC2010

Reaction score
MOAB has a 1 mile blast radius, definitely not for the same use as a Tomahawk.

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
MOAB has a 1 mile blast radius, definitely not for the same use as a Tomahawk.

Exactly....I was wondering about the cost factor. To me it seems the Tomahawk is a lot more sophisticated electronically (money) than this MOAB however, the MOAB has much more explosives inside.

USMC2010

Reaction score
That isn't always a bad thing, they killed an Army Ranger, we leveled a mountain. Well actually closed down a tunnel system. Either way, message sent, message received. This goes to what I said, we are not fighting this fight correctly, we were, maybe we are starting to now...again.

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score
Plus a nice warning to North Korea.

That isn't always a bad thing, they killed an Army Ranger, we leveled a mountain. Well actually closed down a tunnel system. Either way, message sent, message received. This goes to what I said, we are not fighting this fight correctly, we were, maybe we are starting to now...again.

Deja_Vu

Essex Affectionado
Reaction score
Wonder what the cost is on one of those -vs- 21 tomahawks....that's just based on the weight factor

I do realize that they are for different purposes though. This MOAB looks like it is intended to destroy tunnels and bunkers.

Drop about 21 of those and it would do serious, serious damage and might be less costly than the tomahawks :)

Tomahawks are pre-programed for terrain matched guidance to the intended target... using very sophisticated systems.
The Moab is just drag chuted from an aircraft on a skid...brute force.

Old Texan

Honorary Warden #377 Emeritus - R.I.P.
Reaction score
This could be a test to see how it might work in N. Korea. All their weapons are kept in deep bunkers under mountains.

Shit is gettin' real.
We may not need to deal with NK......The Chinese are getting tired of their shenanigans......

In the editorial, the author also declared that the "People's Liberation Army (PLA) will launch attacks to DPRK nuclear facilities on its own. A strike to nuclear facilities of the DPRK is the best military means in the opinion of the outside world." The northeastern Chinese provinces of Liaoning and Jilin share borders with North Korea. These two provinces and Heilongjiang are part of the Shenyang Military Region, one of seven military regions of the People's Liberation Army.

The editorial also explained the advantages to the world of a Chinese attack on North Korea's nuclear facilities.

It noted China and the world know the locations of North Korea's nuclear facilities. Once the PLA attacks these nuclear sites, North Korea will permanently suspend its nuclear weapons programs.
North Korea "has limited resources of nuclear materials and is strictly blockaded in the outside world, erasing the possibility for DPRK to get the materials again."

China also noted that "nuclear weapons is DPRK's trump card for its defiance of China and the United States. Once this card is lost, it will become obedient immediately."

The author then speculated rhetorically that if North Korea's "nuclear facilities are destroyed, they will not even fight back, but probably block the news to fool its domestic people. The DPRK will freak out if its nuclear facilities are destroyed." And yes, a Chinese author said "freak out."

The report also said that "the DPRK must not fall into the turmoil to send a large number of refugees, it is not allowed to have a government that is hostile against China on the other side of the Yalu River, and the US military must not push forward its forces to the Yalu River.? It notes that "this sentence is meant for the United States, because the premise of it is that the US military has launched attacks to the DPRK."

But what may be the most notable part of the oped is the mention in the Global Times editorial that North Korea will not be "not allowed to have a government that is hostile against China on the other side of the Yalu River." This implies that if and when the US initiate strikes on NK, the Chinese PLA will likely send out troops "to lay the foundation" for a favorable post-war situation.

In other words, China may be just waiting for Trump to "decapitate" the North Korean regime, to pounce and immediately fill the power vacuum.
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-...ar-facilities-if-it-crosses-beijings-bottom-l

USMC2010

Reaction score

SoCalDave

Reaction score
The bomb is officially called a GBU-43 or Massive Ordnance Air Blast (MOAB), leading to its nickname as the ?mother of all bombs.? The weapon is the largest non-nuclear bomb in the U.S. arsenal and has never before been used in combat.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score

Historically, world wars have a clear Country/ Countries that are at war with the rest of the world.

I agree it is coming, but will truly be a "world war" only when the world agrees on the common enemy.
Right now, actual Countries are split. Look at European nations split over refugees and Islam.
Even right here in the USA we are strongly divided over these same issues

Throw in the wild cards like Putin, NK, China etc who are just chomping for an end around for empire building in different ways and it's anyone's guess what will happen...or who the enemies really are?

IMO, the common enemy is radical Islam. However it is used by every country as the "boogeyman" to execute alternative motives. Putin and China want that black market oil share as their own.
By definition "ISIS" has no borders, it's a shifting target.

eventually this will have to be addressed in a joint fashion, which will then lead to more war over the spoils from host countries that the parasites have drained.

I see an eventual attempt at eradication of Islam globally. Maybe not in our lifetimes, but certainly some day.
It's nothing new, as a nation (or world) being over run you either succumb or fight.
I don't think a global event will be initiated any other way.

What Trump is doing is flexing. He isn't throwing bombs at Moscow or Beijing.
He's spraying for roaches and letting others know that kissing rings and apologizing really isn't going to happen.
In addition he's clearly illustrating that Putin is not his bff as the lib media would have us believe.

This was really just a weapons test on the perfect target range.

530RL

Reaction score
I see an eventual attempt at eradication of Islam globally. Maybe not in our lifetimes, but certainly some day.
It's nothing new, as a nation (or world) being over run you either succumb or fight.

Well that's only 23% of the world's population so how hard could that be? :eek

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score

I don't care what it costs.. We could literally drop these bombs a hundred times a day for the rest of my life and it still wouldn't be as much money as that fucker Obama sent to Iran! At least our money is getting spent on something good for once!

unfortunately the world knows we just dropped a bomb, a bigger than normal one. That's the real issue. Internet, the best and worse invention in history

You really think the rest of the world is stupid? Pretty sure they know it isn't nuclear.

Tomahawks are pre-programed for terrain matched guidance to the intended target... using very sophisticated systems.

MOAB is GPS guided FYI.

RD

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score

"The MOAB is so massive it had to be dropped out of the back of a U.S. Air Force C-130 cargo plane.

"We kicked it out the back door," one U.S. official told Fox News."

thetub

Reaction score
Just curious if its a smart guided type of missile like Tomahawks ?

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
Well that's only 23% of the world's population so how hard could that be? :eek

It will be a lot harder when it's >23%.

It is my observation, not my making. EVENTUALLY that's what I see it coming to...or simply succumbing.
Do you see Islam (in total) ever co-existing peacefully globally?
Has it ever?
Is it mandated in the Koran to live peacefully with acceptance of others? Or is it mandated to convert others or eliminate them?

I see a future at some point with half this world fighting the other half...that being Islam. Maybe in 100 years, maybe much sooner.
The 9/11 attacks United this Nation in a way not seen since WWII...
Eventually the same will happen globally...as you stated, its already 1/4 of the way there. (50% of half, statistically speaking)

It's always been like this...beat back the horde, they grow, beat them back again.
But now it's not just the Mediterranean...it's global.

Deja_Vu

Essex Affectionado
Reaction score
I don't care what it costs.. We could literally drop these bombs a hundred times a day for the rest of my life and it still wouldn't be as much money as that fucker Obama sent to Iran! At least our money is getting spent on something good for once!

You really think the rest of the world is stupid? Pretty sure they know it isn't nuclear.

MOAB is GPS guided FYI.

RD

True, GPS guided with turning fins. Just not nearly as sophisticated.

Cruise missiles can launch from ground, air, ship, and submarine.
There are several variants with a different mission in mind.
In the 80's I worked at General Dynamics on MRASM which was an anti runway type variant.

AGM-109H-Cutaway-S.jpg

Interesting read on Tomahawk variants

http://ausairpower.net/Tomahawk-Subtypes.html

Lavey29

Floatin Dirty
Reaction score
Interesting how the bible describes the end of the world beginning in the middle east with wars and a mass migration of people to the sadam and gamora of the west. Then the west goes completely dark.

Outdrive1

Reaction score
Interesting how the bible describes the end of the world beginning in the middle east with wars and a mass migration of people to the sadam and gamora of the west. Then the west goes completely dark.

Didn't the Bible originate in the Middle East? What else did they know in that time frame?

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score

It is interesting how things always come full-circle.

This isn't the first time, and won't be the last time, biblical stories have had modern-event parallels throughout history.

DILLIGAF

Reaction score

My point was to have dropped these in Syria instead of Tomahawks and it could have been more cost-effective and caused much more damage :)

Of course the collateral damage would have been HUGE as they do not have the precision of the Tomahawks!

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
My point was to have dropped these in Syria instead of Tomahawks and it could have been more cost-effective and caused much more damage :)

Of course the collateral damage would have been HUGE as they do not have the precision of the Tomahawks!

Is the MOAB deliverable without a flyover?
Tomahawks were launched from ships.

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
Is the MOAB deliverable without a flyover?
Tomahawks were launched from ships.

Sounds like you have to fly over and kick the bitch out of bed....lol

Tomahak is a different animal and much more sophistication

probablecause

Reaction score

I am not sure we knew what was exactly available for the Syrian Air Defense. Would not want a slow moving c130 to be picked off.

Sandlord

Reaction score
The MOAB is heavy, its more practical to drop it from a plane.
It has GPS guidance, but you have to get it close to the target first.