2.jpg
3.jpg
First skin infused on inner liner
4.jpg

More carbon and foam & balsa blend coring
5.jpg
First schedule on bottom being infused.
6.jpg
Deck graphics taped and ready to shoot pins.
7.jpg
8.jpg
9.jpg
Bottom infusion almost complete.
10.jpg
11.jpg
12.jpg
13.jpg
Color sanding complete.
15.JPG
16.JPG
17.JPG
18.JPG
Mercury Racing 1350/1550 dual fuel engine.
19.JPG
20.JPG
Boat has a seperate tank for the dual fuel calibration. One will be 91 octane and the other Sunoco 112.
21.JPG
Mid rigging
22.JPG
23.JPG
24.JPG
25.JPG
26.JPG
28.jpg
29.jpg

Engine installed.
30.jpg
31.jpg

DWC

Reaction score
What’s your best guess on top speed? Gonna be a fun shoot out boat.

Tony DCB Boats

Reaction score
What’s your best guess on top speed? Gonna be a fun shoot out boat.
We built a Red M-29 a few years back with a single 1350 and it ran 140. This one has a little more elaborate lay-up and should run as good or better... Time will tell how she runs with the 1550 fob in it. We will be delivering and testing in Havasu soon.
-Tony @ DCB

TCHB

Reaction score
I have always been amazed at the detailed workmanship of these boats. It is not easy to lay it out and then execute with this type of quality.

Just crawl around the engine compartment and you will see what I mean.

AZMIDLYF

Reaction score
Beautiful looking setup. Should have some ridiculous acceleration. #8 required for this right?

River Lynchmob

What can I do to u for u?
Reaction score
Beautiful looking setup. Should have some ridiculous acceleration. #8 required for this right?
Those come with an M8 but I think I would try a get an M6 with it. The boat is light enough to not put the stress that a 42' cat would put on it.

Tony DCB Boats

Reaction score
Those come with an M8 but I think I would try a get an M6 with it. The boat is light enough to not put the stress that a 42' cat would put on it.
They will not warranty the package with the M-6. The 1100 QC4V is the only Mercury Racing package that is warrantied with the M-6.
Tony @ DCB

Last edited:

Tony DCB Boats

Reaction score
You are correct and it may run better... We have done two 29's with the 1350 and M-8, and they ran super strong and fast.
We have a M-29 in the que now getting a TCM 1200 and a #6 drive and will be posting that as well.
Thanks,
-Tony @ DCB

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
We have twin 58 gallons per side for the 91 octane and put one 30 gallon on the port side for the 112 octane.
Thanks for the question.
-Tony @DCB

Beautiful build!!

Does the boat need straight 112 for the 1550 key or does it mix with the other tanks?

Just asking because I can't imagine 30 gallons lasting very long at WOT behind 1550 hp.

Tony DCB Boats

Reaction score
Beautiful build!!

Does the boat need straight 112 for the 1550 key or does it mix with the other tanks?

Just asking because I can't imagine 30 gallons lasting very long at WOT behind 1550 hp.
Yes, It needs straight 112... They are a bit thirsty at WOT. perfect size for a quick blast or the shootout...
-Tony @ DCB

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
Yes, It needs straight 112... They are a bit thirsty at WOT. perfect size for a quick blast or the shootout...
-Tony @ DCB

Thanks for the info....I'm guessing separate gas gauge and an owner that pays attention to fuel is a good combo?

Will the computer protect it's self or does the boat go into limp mode when you are running out of the 112.

Tony DCB Boats

Reaction score
Thanks for the info....I'm guessing separate gas gauge and an owner that pays attention to fuel is a good combo?

Will the computer protect it's self or does the boat go into limp mode when you are running out of the 112.

We have two electric switch-over valves built into the boat. You have to switch the fuel and run the 91 through until the 112 is in the system, and then switch from the 1350 fob to the 1550 fob. We have been doing this in the last few dual fuel twin engine boats.

The computer and engine will not protect itself... It is on you to make sure you have 112 in the fuel system.

We have the three gas tanks programmed into the screens for fuel level and burn for all three tanks.
-Tony @ DCB

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
We have two electric switch-over valves built into the boat. You have to switch the fuel and run the 91 through until the 112 is in the system, and then switch from the 1350 fob to the 1550 fob. We have been doing this in the last few dual fuel twin engine boats.

The computer and engine will not protect itself... It is on you to make sure you have 112 in the fuel system.

We have the three gas tanks programmed into the screens for fuel level and burn for all three tanks.
-Tony @ DCB

Great info I appreciate it.:)

Member: 71

M ǝ ɯ q ǝ ɹ : 7 1
Reaction score
I don't even know what to type.... speechless. WOW.

Tony DCB - Thanks for taking the time to share all these builds.

Outdrive1

Outdrive1 Marine Sales https://www.outdrive1.com/
Reaction score
Some of you guys have no idea how lucky we are to have Tony share some of his knowledge with the board. There isn’t a better rigger, set-up person in the industry in my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

precisiondetails

Reaction score
Some of you guys have no idea how lucky we are to have Tony share some of his knowledge with the board. There isn’t a better rigger, set-up person in the industry in my opinion.

I agree 100 %! He also is probably one of the best boat drivers in the country as well. I remember when he was at Eliminator and they had it going on, then since he went back to DCB we all know the rest is history. Quincidence I think not. He is the man. And I’m not just saying that as we are close friends. The proof is there. He has been doing it a LONG time.

Tony DCB Boats

Reaction score
Thank you and we all appreciate the questions and comments!! There is some fierce competition out there and We all at DCB take a tremendous amount of pride in what we do and make sure the quality and workmanship and customer service are the number one priority here. (There is no "I" in team)
-Tony @ DCB

HydroSkreamin

StressEliminator
Reaction score
I hope there’s some good support in those seats because this thing is most likely going to accelerate from 50 to 150 in 10 seconds or less. It’ll definitely put a smile on your face!:)

Don Johnson

Don Johnson
Reaction score
Got to see this boat this week, wow!

The upholstery is awesome and actually helped us with our new interior. We really liked how they did the decorative stitching with black string and the single blue accent. We are incorporating that concept into ours.

TCHB

Reaction score
Thank you and we all appreciate the questions and comments!! There is some fierce competition out there and We all at DCB take a tremendous amount of pride in what we do and make sure the quality and workmanship and customer service are the number one priority here. (There is no "I" in team)
-Tony @ DCB
You can tell you have some talented people working on your team. Attention to detail is amazing.

HCP3

Reaction score
Do you typically run top speed trials when testing? More specifically, are you going to run this boat at top speed in 1550 mode on this test?

Tony DCB Boats

Reaction score
Do you typically run top speed trials when testing? More specifically, are you going to run this boat at top speed in 1550 mode on this test?
We will run the boat up to speed just for checking water pressure and make sure it is safe. We usually put 5-10 hours on it before we run the 1550 mode.

AZMIDLYF

Reaction score
Plenty of checks to run through before stretching its legs. Look forward to hearing how she runs.

lake p.a.l.

Reaction score
Looks incredible!! Hope nobody bashes on it for "only" having tandem axle not triple trailer(that it doesn't need)
Just another work of art from DCB.
When will we hear more about the new true tunnel ??

MooreMoney

Reaction score
Love the gel on this one! Where did the f29 with a 1350 end up?

Tony DCB Boats

Reaction score
Looks incredible!! Hope nobody bashes on it for "only" having tandem axle not triple trailer(that it doesn't need)
Just another work of art from DCB.
When will we hear more about the new true tunnel ??
The boat is light enough and a tandem is more than enough for the single engine.
Thanks for the kind words...
I will keep you posted on our new Outboard Cat coming out soon.
Thanks, Tony@DCB

hallett21

Reaction score
Honest question. Do you guys pressure wash the boat and trailer immediately after dunking them?

Tony DCB Boats

Reaction score
Honest question. Do you guys pressure wash the boat and trailer immediately after dunking them?

We give it a quick wipe down on the ramp as soon as we pull it out of the water. We have them detailed at the shop. Elsinore is ok now with all of the rain we have had and just about our only option for a water tests for now.
-Tony@DCB

Sandbarhoppen

Reaction score
Awesome job on all the information on all of your builds! Saw this boat coming back to DCB today! It looks Perfect! Will San Vicente not allow you to test your boats on their lake?

Tony DCB Boats

Reaction score
Awesome job on all the information on all of your builds! Saw this boat coming back to DCB today! It looks Perfect! Will San Vicente not allow you to test your boats on their lake?
Yes we can go up there, but the rangers usually follow me out and make sure I am going "35"
-Tony@DCB