WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

M29 Single 1350/1550 dual fuel

Mcob25rg

Reaction score
So, if you had a high end boat manufacturing co., and you could find the best high speed driver in the country, you'd be lucky. If he understood all the technical and mechanical aspects of the process, you would have somebody really special. If they were GREAT in sales and marketing, you probably realize you have a unicorn. If they have compassion and understanding for others, not as fortunate as the customers of said company, and the ability to treat everyone they meet as the most important person they'll meet all day, you'd have Tony C!!!! Good things happen to people like that - keep kicking it Tony!!!!!

Tony DCB Boats

Reaction score
So, if you had a high end boat manufacturing co., and you could find the best high speed driver in the country, you'd be lucky. If he understood all the technical and mechanical aspects of the process, you would have somebody really special. If they were GREAT in sales and marketing, you probably realize you have a unicorn. If they have compassion and understanding for others, not as fortunate as the customers of said company, and the ability to treat everyone they meet as the most important person they'll meet all day, you'd have Tony C!!!! Good things happen to people like that - keep kicking it Tony!!!!!
Thanks for the kind words and I try to do the best i can every day... As you know, there is no "I" in team and DCB has truly a unique and great dynamic here and that is the true testament to how the boats look and run they way they do.
Thanks, -Tony@DCB

FOUNTAIN333

Reaction score
Who makes your guys tail pipes? How come you dont use the gatling gun mufflers? Just customer taste?

Tony DCB Boats

Reaction score
Who makes your guys tail pipes? How come you dont use the gatling gun mufflers? Just customer taste?
CMI makes all of our tail pipes. We run mufflers in all of the engine packages, except the Mercury Turbo engines. Mercury does not want or need the mufflers as if creates too much back pressure.

HCP3

Reaction score
I just noticed the tunnel tabs on this hot-rod. Are the tabs dependent on the power/drive package, or the hull?

Tony DCB Boats

Reaction score
I just noticed the tunnel tabs on this hot-rod. Are the tabs dependent on the power/drive package, or the hull?
We put them on the big power single in the tunnel to make the hole shot better.
-Tony@DCB

Last edited:

Member: 71

M ǝ ɯ q ǝ ɹ : 7 1
Reaction score
Bump to the top.
Congrats to the owner and DCB. This is hotrod, perfect for Havasu.

Tony DCB Boats

Reaction score
Final Lake test, then delivery in the morning to its owner.
40.jpg

41.jpg

42.jpg

43.jpg

44.jpg

lavey jr

Reaction score
Looks amazing!

Would love to hear the final numbers and how it handled the single M8, some video would be awesome too!

Keep it up Tony, and everyone at DCB!

HCP3

Reaction score
Beautiful.

Side note, I almost asked what it looked like in the bow "cabin" of these M's. You read my mind! Perfection all around.

Tony DCB Boats

Reaction score
Tony, What numbers did this put up?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It ran 137 with a 35 pitch prop with the 91 octane fob in (1350 mode). I ran 147 in the 3/4 mile shootout with that same prop with the 112 fob in (1550 mode) It is silly fast and pulls like you can not believe. Stable too. Very impressive for a single engine boat.

Tony DCB Boats

Reaction score
Hey Tony, Just curious do you guys offer a light lay up and a full cap for the M29 Model? Also are high 130's obtainable with a M29 with a single Teague 1200 and a 6 drive?
Mid 120's with Teague 1200 power and high 130's with Mercury 1350.
We have done one with a 1200 and M6 and 3-4 with the 1350 and the 1550/1350 set up. Mercury 1350 has the torque with the turbo set up and runs strong.

201 ET

Reaction score
Mid 120's with Teague 1200 power and high 130's with Mercury 1350.
We have done one with a 1200 and M6 and 3-4 with the 1350 and the 1550/1350 set up. Mercury 1350 has the torque with the turbo set up and runs strong.
Thank you for the response Tony I appreciate it.

Duramax

Reaction score
I don't know how I missed this thread. Absolutely stunning! Wow!!

Great job Tony and crew.

201 ET

Reaction score
Always been a fan of a 29 with a single.
Definitely nice to be able to run 130+mph while only have the cost and maintenance of one engine and one drive. Hard to beat for a lake boat especially if you have a small family or no kids.

Boat211

Reaction score
Definitely nice to be able to run 130+mph while only have the cost and maintenance of one engine and one drive. Hard to beat for a lake boat especially if you have a small family or no kids.
Lots of room for maintenance as well.

Swain

Reaction score
This was in the 3/4 mile shoot out at DS with a 35 pitch prop in 1550 mode. It was still pulling at the buoy when I lifted. Fast and stable too.

When we are at Powell in 2 weeks, We will have to line up the Pontoon against one of these. :p🚤

Tank

Reaction score
I know this is an older thread but for fuck sake, I LOVE looking at the detail photo's of the nooks and crannies. I just don't think there's anyone out there that beats your fit and finish. Maybe one other that is equal ;) But it's a close call.

Great job Tony. Thanks for always posting up the pics and info. We appreciate it.

Duramax

Reaction score
I know this is an older thread but for fuck sake, I LOVE looking at the detail photo's of the nooks and crannies. I just don't think there's anyone out there that beats your fit and finish. Maybe one other that is equal ;) But it's a close call.

Great job Tony. Thanks for always posting up the pics and info. We appreciate it.
I agree. DCB has changed the game.

201 ET

Reaction score
We have two electric switch-over valves built into the boat. You have to switch the fuel and run the 91 through until the 112 is in the system, and then switch from the 1350 fob to the 1550 fob. We have been doing this in the last few dual fuel twin engine boats.

The computer and engine will not protect itself... It is on you to make sure you have 112 in the fuel system.

We have the three gas tanks programmed into the screens for fuel level and burn for all three tanks.
-Tony @ DCB
Hey Tony,

Revisiting this thread after you posted the Red M29 getting the 1550 yesterday. Was curious how do you know when the remaining 91 has cycled through and the 112 has fully entered the fuel system (what notifies you of this).

Also I see you say the computer and engine wont protect itself so its up to the operator, what would be the specific indicators if you enter 1550 mode and the 112 hasn't fully entered the fuel lines? Would it sputter and struggle and just not run right or would the engine actually grenade?

Thanks for your time, it amazes me that this engine even exists.

McKay

Reaction score
Hey Tony,

Revisiting this thread after you posted the Red M29 getting the 1550 yesterday. Was curious how do you know when the remaining 91 has cycled through and the 112 has fully entered the fuel system (what notifies you of this).

Also I see you say the computer and engine wont protect itself so its up to the operator, what would be the specific indicators if you enter 1550 mode and the 112 hasn't fully entered the fuel lines? Would it sputter and struggle and just not run right or would the engine actually grenade?

Thanks for your time, it amazes me that this engine even exists.
DCB runs an additional tank for the race gas.

201 ET

Reaction score
DCB runs an additional tank for the race gas.
I understand there is a separate 30 gallon tank for the 112 octane. But they share the same fuel lines to the engine, thats why Tony said its up to the driver to make sure the 91 is clear of the lines and the 112 is in the lines before switching to the 1550 fob. Thats why I am trying to understand when and how you know if this process is complete?

Last edited:

n2otoofast4u

Reaction score
I understand there is a separate 30 gallon tank for the 112 octane. But they share the same fuel lines to the engine, thats why Tony said its up to the driver to make sure the 91 if clear of the lines and the 112 is in the lines before switching to the 1550 fob. Thats why I am trying to understand when and how you know if this process is complete?

My assumption is that the 91 in the lines will simply return to the 112 tank and blend together and start circulating 112 virtually instantly. With the return style systems they turn over the lines and fuel rails extremely quickly.

HydroSkreamin

StressEliminator
Reaction score
My assumption is that the 91 in the lines will simply return to the 112 tank and blend together and start circulating 112 virtually instantly. With the return style systems they turn over the lines and fuel rails extremely quickly.
This is correct. Remember that pump is capable of flowing enough fuel to support 1750 HP, so there’s a lot of bypass at idle.

201 ET

Reaction score
Id also love to get some first hand info from Tony on how much noticeable difference is there when it goes from 1350 to 1550 mode. Is it an eye opening difference where you go "wow", or is it just enough to notice but nothing that leaves you in disbelief. My father and uncle were professional drag boat racers so I grew up around big HP race boats but 20 years ago who would of thoughts these engines would be doing what these are capable of. Pretty cool stuff.

HydroSkreamin

StressEliminator
Reaction score
Id also love to get some first hand info from Tony on how much noticeable difference is there when it goes from 1350 to 1550 mode. Is it an eye opening difference where you go "wow", or is it just enough to notice but nothing that leaves you in disbelief. My father and uncle were professional drag boat racers so I grew up around big HP race boats but 20 years ago who would of thoughts these engines would be doing what these are capable of. Pretty cool stuff.
I can tell you firsthand that I didn't think 200 ft-lbs per side would make a big deal...boy, was I wrong! I got to experience it firsthand driving the Qatar 613 Victory Offshore Cat, and the acceleration difference was stellar!

Again, I got to experience it with Bud Lorow at Cigarette when we ran the 50 AMG Cig with it. 124 in 1350 mode, 135 in 1550 mode, same props, same day, same water. All Bud kept saying was "DAAAYYYYUUUMM!!!" The acceleration was so good he kept trying to see how fast it would go between no wake zones, and it got to 105 real quick.

I call the 1550 key the "crack key"; if you can afford to run it and the shortened time between rebuilds, there's no reason to ever take it out. Once you experience it, it is the bar of comparison.
IMG_1084.jpeg
IMG_1083.jpeg
IMG_1069.jpeg
IMG_1074.jpeg
IMG_1034.jpeg

201 ET

Reaction score
I can tell you firsthand that I didn't think 200 ft-lbs per side would make a big deal...boy, was I wrong! I got to experience it firsthand driving the Qatar 613 Victory Offshore Cat, and the acceleration difference was stellar!

Again, I got to experience it with Bud Lorow at Cigarette when we ran the 50 AMG Cig with it. 124 in 1350 mode, 135 in 1550 mode, same props, same day, same water. All Bud kept saying was "DAAAYYYYUUUMM!!!" The acceleration was so good he kept trying to see how fast it would go between no wake zones, and it got to 105 real quick.

I call the 1550 key the "crack key"; if you can afford to run it and the shortened time between rebuilds, there's no reason to ever take it out. Once you experience it, it is the bar of comparison. View attachment 1358618 View attachment 1358619 View attachment 1358620 View attachment 1358621 View attachment 1358622
Thats awesome I would love to get to experience that. I guess next question is whats the rebuild time for a 1350, and then how much time does it shave off of that using the 1550 fob?

Tony DCB Boats

Reaction score
I understand there is a separate 30 gallon tank for the 112 octane. But they share the same fuel lines to the engine, thats why Tony said its up to the driver to make sure the 91 is clear of the lines and the 112 is in the lines before switching to the 1550 fob. Thats why I am trying to understand when and how you know if this process is complete?
When you switch the gas from 91 to 112 we wait until you have a strong smell of race gas before you get on plane and get into any kind of boost. Idling after switching the fob and the fuel switchover gives you time for the 91 to cycle through and the 112 to get to the engine.

This all usually is 3-5 minutes and waiting for good oil temp. give you time to make sure the race gas is in the system. We also program the switchover into the screens as well.

-Tony

Tony DCB Boats

Reaction score
They don't call it the "crack" key for nothing. It is incredible to feel the 1350 to 1550 with the torque it makes at 35+ pounds of boost.