WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Machine shop job FYI

=River Perfection=

Reaction score
We have a operator/shop hand position available if anyone is needing work. $17/hr to start.

Upland Ca, 40+ hours.

Geoff 909-670-8058

PM me for our contact.

Last edited:

HB2Havasu

Reaction score
If you have ever worked in smaller shops you will understand. This position comes with a variety of work. I just thought I would throw this out there for anyone looking for a solid positon.

I clean the toilets btw. :confused:

I totally get it as I work in a smaller aerospace machine and assembly shop and I wear many hats. Such as Mfg Engineering Manager, Estimator, Change Management, 3D Data Controller, Catia Designer, Quality Manager, PT Delivery Driver, etc...lol. Just Playin with ya :D

nowski

Reaction score
Thought I would see if anyone has a line on "good" people...

Good people are typically well taken care of, that said there rarely walking the streets looking for a job. When you find "that guy" you may need to train him in a lacking skill set as per mentioned. "Good Luck"...

=River Perfection=

Reaction score
We have a operator/shop hand position available if anyone is needing work. $17/hr to start. Upland Ca

Geoff 909-670-8058

240Hallett

Reaction score
You expect someone to QC Aerospace parts against prints for $17/hr?

Good luck. You might double that number to start. Folks can make $20/hr mowing lawns.
Check the dates. The $17 job is for a machine operator the way I read it.

Sherpa

Reaction score
I heard Calif is raising min wage to $19.xx

Not if that is across the state or city-county

=River Perfection=

Reaction score
You expect someone to QC Aerospace parts against prints for $17/hr?

Good luck. You might double that number to start. Folks can make $20/hr mowing lawns.

No I do not, that says operator. We offer $17/hr to start for a very basic position. 40hr+.

oldboatsrule

Reaction score
McDonalds can’t get burger flippers for that.

“The new normal”

Exactly.
I was at a job fair not long ago.
"Mc donalds will pay me 18" is what I was told by more than one kid. (Who have zero hours experience in a machine shop)

=River Perfection=

Reaction score
Well they can work at that shit hole for who knows how many hours a week, or they can work in a clean shop, great guys, fully a/c and learn something..... with the ability to earn more 40+ hrs a week. We dont seem to have issues with entry level guys at $17/hr to load parts, help clean up and pack parts.

lbhsbz

Reaction score
Well they can work at that shit hole for who knows how many hours a week, or they can work in a clean shop, great guys, fully a/c and learn something..... with the ability to earn more 40+ hrs a week. We dont seem to have issues with entry level guys at $17/hr to load parts, help clean up and pack parts.

Evidently you do, or you wouldn’t be posting on a forum where people have enough expendable cash to own boats and go to the river.

IME, $17/hr gets you both teeth these days…one in their mouth and one in their pocket. I wish there was a better answer.

Pass the savings along to the customer…all you can do.

LuauLounge

Reaction score
Looking back, I’ve always worked for or owned small businesses. I started at min wage to learn what I didn’t want to do before I made a life long commitment. I’m 71 and trying to figure out what I’m going to do next.

=River Perfection=

Reaction score
Evidently you do, or you wouldn’t be posting on a forum where people have enough expendable cash to own boats and go to the river.

IME, $17/hr gets you both teeth these days…one in their mouth and one in their pocket. I wish there was a better answer.

Pass the savings along to the customer…all you can do.
Right on buddy.

Backlash

Reaction score
Good on you for offering this up here on RDP. Many good folks on this site who have raised good kids. Those young men and women may be looking for something different than the average kid with a sub-standard work ethic. Happy hunting! 👍

SoCalDave

Reaction score
When I arrived to So Cal in 1979 I started out at $6.50hr. Was dead broke when I arrived from that shit hole Michigan and my new boss fronted me $800 to get a place to stay and took $50 a week out of my pay until it was paid back. Once that was paid in full I took advantage of interest free loans for almost 20 years...not a bad deal...

SoCalDave

Reaction score
The smart young guy would grap that job.
Learn a lot , get several raises then off to a better job . That’s how you do it with out going to school and pay big dollars
Yep same opportunity we offer. Start as a bench change over, polisher, trash takeout, sweep the floors as needed. Prove you want to work then we'll train them on the manual Mori lath and BP mill. From there opportunities go onto the CNC machines. All in a controlled (72f) and pretty well relaxed inviroment with 4 other employees.

Sherpa

Reaction score
When I was 16 living in Chico min wage was $2.75/hr

I was running equipment on a farm working 60+ hours a week making $3.00/hr…. This was in 1978.. there is no OT doing farm labor…

Sherpa

boatnam2

Reaction score
This is the problem with the world we live in today, no one looks past the McDonald wage to get to somewhere good. Start at a good work place, put in sometime and maybe make something of yourself. If I had a kid looking to be a machinist just starting in the work field I would send his ass there in a minute.

=River Perfection=

Reaction score
3 years and nothings changed?
This thread was originally for a QC position that we filled. I edited it for a shop hand position. We do use Indeed for job listings as well. I just thought I'd throw this here as a offer to whoever it might see. It's funny, when I was 16 in-n-out payed more(not even the same) than I made in the machine shop. Point being, I always loved making bad ass parts for a cool company than work in the food industry.

We have taken on more work and we will be needing additional help. Normally we start guys at entry level and teach them what hey need to know. $17/hr can very easily lead to $25 or more and benefits depending how hard you want to apply yourself.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
This thread was originally for a QC position that we filled. I edited it for a shop hand position. We do use Indeed for job listings as well. I just thought I'd throw this here as a offer to whoever it might see. It's funny, when I was 16 in-n-out payed more(not even the same) than I made in the machine shop. Point being, I always loved making bad ass parts for a cool company than work in the food industry.

We have taken on more work and we will be needing additional help. Normally we start guys at entry level and teach them what hey need to know. $17/hr can very easily lead to $25 or more and benefits depending how hard you want to apply yourself.

In HS I was a metal shop junkie.
I would skip some of my other classes and go to the metal shop in addition to my normal metal shop class.
The teacher didn’t care.
Then I did a 1000 hr Vo-Tech machine shop class at 17-18 YO.
Got placed in a tool and die apprenticeship but passed on that to work for Bob Hayes building race car stuff. $5.50 an hour to start, this was in 1980.
Turned into commission pay after like 2 years at an avg of $20 an hour.
I did that for about 10 years before going into the oilfield.
Over the years I’ve found that the machine shop schooling and that work experience to be a tremendous bonus in almost everything I’ve done. From work to math to my hobbies, it’s a good foundation.

=River Perfection=

Reaction score
It's a good opportunity for someone just starting out. Jeff's a solid guy and I'm sure the rest of his family is as well. A go getter would climb the ladder there while learning a skill.
Thank you Dana! I hope all is well!👍👍