WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Made in the USA

bbrownster

Reaction score
Through this pandemic and quarantine periods, I have purchased a number of products on line either through direct websites or through amazon. Once the products are confirmed as an order, I usually get an email confirming the start of the delivery process. Most products I have ordered surprised me that they were coming from China or India. For instance, I bought a product from Montana-Buffalo (sounds like an American company...) the product was fabricated in Shanghai City. Ordered some canvas pictures for the office from Canvas Champ only to find they were fabricated in India.

Is there a web site that will validate companies to assure they are made in the USA?

lbhsbz

Reaction score
Through this pandemic and quarantine periods, I have purchased a number of products on line either through direct websites or through amazon. Once the products are confirmed as an order, I usually get an email confirming the start of the delivery process. Most products I have ordered surprised me that they were coming from China or India. For instance, I bought a product from Montana-Buffalo (sounds like an American company...) the product was fabricated in Shanghai City. Ordered some canvas pictures for the office from Canvas Champ only to find they were fabricated in India.

Is there a web site that will validate companies to assure they are made in the USA?
Usually in the description box amazon states COO. At least they used to

DEEZNUTS

Reaction score
I believe wayfair started a made-in-USA section. There are plenty of errors in there though.

I always look for the USA option when purchasing anything. Now noticing lots of flag logos with "engineered in USA," "global parts assembled in USA," and "designed in USA." Smh

Rajobigguy

Reaction score
I believe wayfair started a made-in-USA section. There are plenty of errors in there though.

I always look for the USA option when purchasing anything. Now noticing lots of flag logos with "engineered in USA," "global parts assembled in USA," and "designed in USA." Smh
This is the problem. I think that everything needs to have a label on it that prominently and accurately gives the COO. All these little things that are ambiguous need to go away. Hell even Snap-on tools has changed their wording to "US quality" instead of "Made in the USA". We need to know exactly where things are made and then make a decision if that is something we are OK with outsourcing. I'm fine with global trade to some extent but I hate when American companies try to put on a charade about being truly american based. A good example is tools like IR, they hide the fact that they made overseas while waving the American flag. If you take a IR impact wrench and stack it up next to a H.F. Earthquake you find that they are exactly the same tool. They probably came down the same assembly line while one got the IR logo and the other got the H.F. I'm not going to give IR 4 time as much just for that logo. If they want that kind of money then they need to earn it by keeping American workers employed.

lbhsbz

Reaction score
This is the problem. I think that everything needs to have a label on it that prominently and accurately gives the COO. All these little things that are ambiguous need to go away. Hell even Snap-on tools has changed their wording to "US quality" instead of "Made in the USA". We need to know exactly where things are made and then make a decision if that is something we are OK with outsourcing. I'm fine with global trade to some extent but I hate when American companies try to put on a charade about being truly american based. A good example is tools like IR, they hide the fact that they made overseas while waving the American flag. If you take a IR impact wrench and stack it up next to a H.F. Earthquake you find that they are exactly the same tool. They probably came down the same assembly line while one got the IR logo and the other got the H.F. I'm not going to give IR 4 time as much just for that logo. If they want that kind of money then they need to earn it by keeping American workers employed.
The rules are pretty loose...or at least they were. At my old company, we would import brake pads from China (and a bunch other less Chinese places) that were just a friction puck and backing plate. We would assemble them here (install the shims and any wear sensors/hardware, which was also made in China) and because we performed a “value added” operation here, we could legally put “USA” as the coo on the label.

Napa played this game too...they were selling a set of rotors and pads, all in one package...the rotors were from a factory in Brazil, the pads were made, or at least assembled here in the states...maybe...but the fact that they opened the package containing 2 rotors and set 4 brake pads in it before closing the package in the US, which is considered a “value added” operation, they put “made in the USA” on the label.

H20 Toie

Party on Garth
Reaction score
I just bought couple hundred grand worth of led panels before the virus closed us down. I started with a US company but they had a 3 month lead time. i needed them in 6 weeks.

Ended up having to get them from China, i have another order that was coming up so called the US company again since i had more time. when i started asking about the product they finally admitted to the fact that they were made in china.

Rajobigguy

Reaction score
I just bought couple hundred grand worth of led panels before the virus closed us down. I started with a US company but they had a 3 month lead time. i needed them in 6 weeks.

Ended up having to get them from China, i have another order that was coming up so called the US company again since i had more time. when i started asking about the product they finally admitted to the fact that they were made in china.
See that's exactly what I'm talking about. I wont pay a US company to be a middle man for import goods. If you want to be an importer fine but don't be waving the American flag over your products.

stingray11

Reaction score
You can usually tell if a products made in China by the cardboard they use it's way different than the cardboard used by US shippers not always but most of the time

Sent from my SM-G930VL using Tapatalk