WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Mag Dump

4Waters

Reaction score
Masks are on so it's recent but the national media won't talk about this, RIP officer, good shoot officer.

DLC

Reaction score
That’s just crazy!

RIP to the officer!

WAAZ

Reaction score
D/O has some pretty sobering content.

LowRiver2

Reaction score
Always wondered why this D operator quit his Department?

NM is one of the highest crime rate states around. Major amounts of drugs on that highway for decades

Training
Equipment
Mindset

All contributing factors on both sides

LuauLounge

Reaction score

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
Always wondered why this D operator quit his Department?

He posted a video about his reasoning for leaving the police force. His passion was YouTube and the YouTube money was crazy good back then. He knew he had one shot at it and if it didn’t work he could fall back on policing again.

ElAzul

Well-Known RDP Inmate #211
Reaction score
He posted a video about his reasoning for leaving the police force. His passion was YouTube and the YouTube money was crazy good back then. He knew he had one shot at it and if it didn’t work he could fall back on policing again.
And he owns a skate shop

CLdrinker

Reaction score
Complete BS if he wasn’t briefed about the guy he was stopping beforehand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If that comes out as true. Which it seems to be, because the officer seemed way to laid back.

Hope the widow is heavily compensated

LowRiver2

Reaction score
If that comes out as true. Which it seems to be, because the officer seemed way to laid back.

Hope the widow is heavily compensated
It’s New Mexico
Heavily is less than a million

It’s been quiet as to whether it was a directed stop or not.

Havasu Rehab

Reaction score
It’s New Mexico

Hate to Monday morning quarterback but... the first officer saw the suspect was armed. He even made mention of it. His gun should have been out at a bare minimum.

I get firearms are much more accepted out there but still...

ArizonaKevin

Reaction score
Check out the one he released today. Dude went full crazy, blew up his own house and killed 3 of his neighbors.

LowRiver2

Reaction score
Hate to Monday morning quarterback but... the first officer saw the suspect was armed. He even made mention of it. His gun should have been out at a bare minimum.

I get firearms are much more accepted out there but still...

Different state, way less tactical training.
The red flags were there, turning your back or not facing a suspect is the first of many ways to get hurt or worse

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
Check out the one he released today. Dude went full crazy, blew up his own house and killed 3 of his neighbors.

That was a hell of a scene but about that shooting from the first officer? Ten rung the perp from a distance with his pistol while just being shot at and likely adrenaline was pumping. Dude has ice in his veins lol

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
I don't think I'd last a full shift as a LEO. This poor officer in NM died being friendly, almost nice, to the guy that would ultimately kill him.
I think my head would immediately jump to "fight or flight" when the guy has a rifle in hand...even before it was brought to position. The bad guy would be dead, but no doubt I'd be in prison.
How does an officer tell who means to kill them? How can you pass judgement so quickly in that situation?
The only good thing that came of that shooting, was the chase and shooting of the jackass.

Dalton

Reaction score
It’s New Mexico

DHS couldn’t have done the stop?

HTTP404

New But Seasoned Inmate #2002
Reaction score

DHS HSI was close as they pulled up on the scene right after the shooting. Weird shit.

CLdrinker

Reaction score

They didn’t want to confront a guy that they knew had weapons and had nothing to loose.
send in another sucker

DLC

Reaction score
He should have been notified and waited for back up....

one oh shit wipes away a 1,000 atta boys!

really sucks destroying a family all because of professional courtesy

LowRiver2

Reaction score
That’s why we have SIS:

No mag changes, grab next long gun

Or have SWAT Officers in patrol uniforms do felony takedown stop of the suspect.

Twice in the last 6 years the suspects had loaded AK’s on their laps and said they knew they’d die as SWAT exited their car with 416’s on point.

High risk requires specialized tactics...

Nordie

Reaction score
That’s why we have SIS:

Or have SWAT Officers in patrol uniforms do felony takedown stop of the suspect.

Twice in the last 6 years the suspects had loaded AK’s on their laps and said they knew they’d die as SWAT exited their car with 416’s on point.

SWAT drives around Vegas in F250s with surveying camper shells unmarked. There's a lot of them, and working next to the highway I see them when they're lit up hauling ass to somewhere. Those guys don't play.

81Sprint

Reaction score
SWAT drives around Vegas in F250s with surveying camper shells unmarked. There's a lot of them, and working next to the highway I see them when they're lit up hauling ass to somewhere. Those guys don't play.
I've seen these guys also, they are everywhere

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
That’s why we have SIS:

What do you prefer?
Modded Kimber or stock Staccatto?

I’d go with Staccatto but curious to hear your take, as well as why your elite squads go Kimber…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

LowRiver2

Reaction score
What do you prefer?
Modded Kimber or stock Staccatto?

I’d go with Staccatto but curious to hear your take, as well as why your elite squads go Kimber…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
For the first time since LAPD invented SWAT in 1970, most D platoon members have switched to Staccato’s (9mm), from Kimbers and Springfield’s.
The advent of the speer G2 147 grain having nearly identical expansion of a .45, coupled with 21 rounds, and the recoil of a pneumatic nail gun, made the Staccato an easy switch.

The fact that D Team has ready access to 416’s and Benelli M4’s on every call up (team), the issue of bullet penetration of body armor was kind of a mute point.
The advance of technology in the ammo, optics (RMR- both eyes open) , and performance of the Staccato’s made for a trifecta of improvement.
They did their own ballistics gel testing and had similar results to the FBI testing.

I bought two staccatos as I’d rather pass them on to my kids vs. a rolex.
I think highly of the Staccato’s , pretty much a comp gun that has the reliability of a duty gun.

Kachina26

Inmate #RDP158
Reaction score
That was a hell of a scene but about that shooting from the first officer? Ten rung the perp from a distance with his pistol while just being shot at and likely adrenaline was pumping. Dude has ice in his veins lol
No shit, that's what I was thinking. It's hard enough to pull off that shot with all the time in the world at the range. It's something else when shots are gonna come back at you.

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
I bought two staccatos as I’d rather pass them on to my kids vs. a rolex.
I think highly of the Staccato’s , pretty much a comp gun that has the reliability of a duty gun.

Agreed on both counts.

Plus at $2k, the Staccatto’s are a bargain when viewed as a comp gun.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk