WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Magic Box - Bullet - Video Tour

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
So I got the Bullet and I played around with it a little last night and for about fifteen minutes today. I am sure I am not hitting all of the features of it, but this is a good overview of it compared to a standard magic box / Kodi device.

In short it’s a lot Easier to use than a normal box. As well if you like channel surfing and watching tv the traditional way you will like it quite a bit.

I have been on KODI so long I find myself gravitating towards their Morpheus app, and Kodi. That said I did watch the history channel for awhile today. Something I haven’t done in years.

You can get it at https://kooltronix.com/product/the-bullet/ and enter the code : THE BULLET to get 100 bucks off of it. 199.95. After one year you will have to pay a subscription fee of I believe 200.00.

For a traditional KODI box Dave has the Outlaw he has put together an RDP deal for the pack with the mini keyboard for 225.00 Use the promo code : OUTLAW (his price is normaly 329.00 for that)

https://kooltronix.com/product/renegade-tv-rgx-pro-combo-pack/

Yes I am aware there are cheaper things out there. Yes I'm aware people can purchase NVIDIA boxes, firesticks and a 100 other variables that range from 60.00 up to roughly 300.00.

I'm not going to learn how to install repositories, and mess with advanced settings and spend hours of my life doing this shit to watch TV. If I get anything beyond push a button and it plays, I'd rather just spend the 200 bucks and get the one that works.

You can decide if this is something you want or something you don't. I don't make any $$ on this. Dave gives me a free box every ten or so boxes that get sold off of here and I give it to friends or family.

Last edited:

Sharpy

Reaction score
Not bad, does it have any kind of channel guide that you’ve found? Promo code?

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score

I'm sure there's one in there. I didn't watch any instructional videos or anything like that. I just opened the box plugged it in and started screwing with it and this is what I found. Dave has tutorial videos online for these things, but I haven't watched it.

My kids having not really seen commercials before have now expanded their christmas list.. LOL I will say for just vegging out and watching "live TV" this is the best thing I have seen yet and absolutely smashes any of the "apps" I ever found in Kodi.. The kids channels are nice, and if I set it to "kids" on the "left" menu they can channel up and channel down and be contained in that area so I don't have to worry about them seeing something they probably shouldn't.

As well one of the things I like about KODI is also a drawback in some scenarios.. I watch my show and when it ends it's over. Time to find a new show. I know a lot of guys wives etc.. Will just turn a TV on some network like A&E or Hallmark etc.. and let it play all day as background noise etc while they are cooking. KODI doesn't really do that well where as live TV does. As said earlier personally I'm in and I'm out.. I know exactly what I want to watch and I hate commercials so it goes either way depending on use.

Last edited:

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Subscription fee $200$......lol

Watch the video.. There's nothing in KODI that can do live TV like that that I have ever seen and it's easy to use. That said I've been on KODI for so long the formats / apps / streams don't really bother me.

My mother in law spends about an hour trying to get shows going on over here though because every time she comes back it's now this app or that app etc, even more so because I had firesticks in the living room and her room.. This will be a nice change of pace for her where it's push a button and watch a network.. Or push another button and watch movies on demand. It has their custom deal to watch streams that is basically "like" a kodi app that is just easier to use, as well as it has KODI as well.

I'm not real up on the 200 a year either, especially after being free for 7 years.. That said though 7 years ago before I moved here I was paying almost 200 a month for Cable to get all of the shows I wanted to watch. Now I pay jack shiznit.

RD

sml

Reaction score
I’m fucking done spending on these stupid boxes. I don’t watch ppv and i don’t care about seeing the newest movies with chinese subtitles. We have a streamsmart pro and 2 arcstream firebox’s...one of which i keep in my toy hauler and watch live tv with it on the cable channel apps that i can access with our cable subscription from home. All 3 have real debrid and all 3 still work.

I don’t watch much tv but when i do i hate wasting time fucking with any of them anymore. Got locked in to an xfinity bundle deal for every channel and their fastest internet for a reasonable amount of money in my opinion($120). For me, there is value in just being able to turn on what you want instantly or watching every channel on a mobile device via their streaming app. The internet cost by itself just doesn’t make sense, a bundle package is only a few bucks more.

When this “contract” is up if we can’t continue the deal we’ll move on to a different carrier to the best comparable new customer price they are offering. Wash, rinse, repeat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I’m fucking done spending on these stupid boxes. I don’t watch ppv and i don’t care about seeing the newest movies with chinese subtitles. We have a streamsmart pro and 2 arcstream firebox’s...one of which i keep in my toy hauler and watch live tv with it on the cable channel apps that i can access with our cable subscription from home. All 3 have real debrid and all 3 still work.

I don’t watch much tv but when i do i hate wasting time fucking with any of them anymore. Got locked in to an xfinity bundle deal for every channel and their fastest internet for a reasonable amount of money in my opinion($120). For me, there is value in just being able to turn on what you want instantly or watching every channel on a mobile device via their streaming app. The internet cost by itself just doesn’t make sense, a bundle package is only a few bucks more.

When this “contract” is up if we can’t continue the deal we’ll move on to a different carrier to the best comparable new customer price they are offering. Wash, rinse, repeat

That's a bit ironic to say the least.. LOL
Out of curiosity before you wrote that post did you watch the video above?

RD

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
Cool I’ll buy 2 of these for the front rooms and I’ll put the upgraded stream smart in my shop. You try the other devices yet?

sml

Reaction score
Rd, Meant to post this in the other thread. I’m still not interested in this latest thing. Wife is happier with xfinity

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
So i have played with this thing for a few hours now.. Honestly I think I like it more than the normal magic boxes now.

It takes a minute to load the streams in Morpheus but I have been watching sopranos all night and banging through random episodes and haven’t found one bad link yet. I think if you add up the time with play failures and dead links this might actually be faster. If you have real debrid that wouldn’t be an issue.

For out of the box to out of the box though I’m pretty stoked on this thing so far.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Cool I’ll buy 2 of these for the front rooms and I’ll put the upgraded stream smart in my shop. You try the other devices yet?

No I don’t even know how you’d do that. I gotta ask Dave

Boozer

Extreme Mist
Reaction score
No I don’t even know how you’d do that. I gotta ask Dave

Dave, if you have a smart TV I can show you how install Kodi and a build on it for free. If you don’t have a smart TV I can show you how to get a $50 android box of amazon and put Kodi and and a build on it for free.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Dave, if you have a smart TV I can show you how install Kodi and a build on it for free. If you don’t have a smart TV I can show you how to get a $50 android box of amazon and put Kodi and and a build on it for free.

I have had three or four firesticks with Kodi builds on them. They work for awhile and then there’s problems. Then I have to have USMC2010 come over and fix them, or update them etc. I have watched him do it at my house and it’s time consuming. This was always the point to magic box Daves deals. They are more upfront but they work, stream ppv fights and they update/fix themselves when needed. Until this latest update they have all worked for years without having to deal with tech stuff.

I have literally had this same talk with waffles a 100 times. I’d rather pay a little bit more and push the button and it works.

BTW this isn’t Kodi. Watch the video above in its entirety and read post above.

Last edited:

aka619er

That Guy.....
Reaction score
The live tv looks to work exactly like the Rogue app use to work on Kodi which was awesome.

For movies I see they have recommendations at the beginning but do they break it down with genres or new releases, Christmas, etc?

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
The live tv looks to work exactly like the Rogue app use to work on Kodi which was awesome.

For movies I see they have recommendations at the beginning but do they break it down with genres or new releases, Christmas, etc?

Not sure.. Like I said in the video I haven't really played with it all that much. I learned now you can hold the back key and it will give you channel history, or push it once to goto previous channel. I'm sure there's 100's of things I don't know about, just like the kodi boxes. I tend to stay pretty basic.

That said I went into the adult section last night to check it out and I found a channel that is the "RDP" of channels.. LOL It's called Miami TV and they basically have hot chicks doing interviews in bars at Bike Week, and Hot chicks talking about their lives etc.. It's awesome!

63FA5E4F-CFC7-409B-862D-95C0F3DDD685.jpeg

In another couple of channels they have a livecam of some strip joint, and a live came in the dressing room of the same strip joint.. LOL I was blown away at how much money the girls were counting at the end of the night! Holy shit balls! I want to be a stripper!

Main stage

B1AA0D15-4CC8-42F2-ABFA-038EE6B86231.jpeg

RD

Activated

Deplorable
Reaction score
Just received and e-mail from AT&T (DTV), that they are raising their rates in January.

I have to break down and figure out which one of these is going to work best for me.

Danger Dave

Sarcastically Optimistic 😁
Reaction score
Not sure.. Like I said in the video I haven't really played with it all that much. I learned now you can hold the back key and it will give you channel history, or push it once to goto previous channel. I'm sure there's 100's of things I don't know about, just like the kodi boxes. I tend to stay pretty basic.

That said I went into the adult section last night to check it out and I found a channel that is the "RDP" of channels.. LOL It's called Miami TV and they basically have hot chicks doing interviews in bars at Bike Week, and Hot chicks talking about their lives etc.. It's awesome!

View attachment 711316

In another couple of channels they have a livecam of some strip joint, and a live came in the dressing room of the same strip joint.. LOL I was blown away at how much money the girls were counting at the end of the night! Holy shit balls! I want to be a stripper!

Main stage

View attachment 711317

RD

Jenny Scordamaglia. Thank me later.

Joker

Reaction score
Just received and e-mail from AT&T (DTV), that they are raising their rates in January.

I have to break down and figure out which one of these is going to work best for me.

Youtubetv or sling. Why mess with these boxes? I’ve been hacking this crap for a good 20 years starting with the H card and it all fails at some point. The fun goes away when the provider folds and your TV is blank. 40 bucks a month and you can watch what’s important. Don’t forget you’ll need one for every TV equating to what i assume is a $600.00 investment that will fail. Go get a few Apple TVs @150 a pop and pay the 40 a month.

Last edited:

BigdattyD

Reaction score
There are 2 different Channel Guides to choose from. Both have preview screens. Ones is your classic cable looking horizontal screen and the other is vertical and more of a quick view guide on whats playing. Both work very well and this is not a plug-in type guide, its actually built right into the Bullet and the Remote. There is a button on the remote that says EPG push it and see what happens. The Bullet is the future of easy streaming. There is no other box on the market that can compare to its ease of use. If your wife, father or mother has had trouble in the past navigating a Kodi box the Bullet changes everything, it does not rely on Kodi. Anyone can learn how to use the Bullet in 15 to 30 mins that's it. If any of you have any questions what so ever please do not hesitate to call. Dave 619.647.9008

BigdattyD

Reaction score
Youtubetv or sling. Why mess with these boxes? I’ve been hacking this crap for a good 20 years starting with the H card and it all fails at some point. The fun goes away when the provider folds and your TV is blank. 40 bucks a month and you can watch what’s important. Don’t forget you’ll need one for every TV equating to what i assume is a $600.00 investment that will fail. Go get a few Apple TVs @150 a pop and pay the 40 a month.

You are absolutely right about what you are saying Joker. There are a lot of snakes in this business and I have been ripped off several times for trusting the wrong guys. Most every box company out there could careless about their customers and when they have made their money they will leave all their customers hanging with their dick in their hands. This is fact.

However, I believe Dave J. will vouch that I have always been a straight shooter. I have been in this game for almost eight years and I am not going anywhere. I helped start many of the labels that use to be great such as Stream Smart. Who screwed me over big time, I have no love for any of them. They are all money hungry pricks, provide no support to their customers and are liars of the worst kind. If you buy a Stream Station you will be very unhappy. And I will put up a $1000 to anyone that wants to compare a SS, ST or Hyperion to the Outlaw! You will just be throwing your money away!

Do not waste your $50 buying their shitty update. I am already getting SS Boxes from RDP Customers that I have programmed with my firmware and build. So hold tight and wait to see what they say, then you can make a more educated decision.

Thanks Joker for putting that out there.

BigdattyD

Reaction score

Brother if you want to try the Bullet, I will promise you if you don't like it you can return it for a full refund and Dave will tell you I am always there for my customers.

Hava-Schiada

Reaction score
Brother if you want to try the Bullet, I will promise you if you don't like it you can return it for a full refund and Dave will tell you I am always there for my customers.
^^^^^ This ^^^^^^
I've bought Stream Smart and two Tiger Streams from you. I get the impression you care about your products and your customers, as you even called me on the first purchase to ensure everything was working!

Bigbore500r

Reaction score

View attachment 711316

Main stage

View attachment 711317

RD
So RDP is full of hot chicks in dressing rooms and doing interviews? Where do i find that forum? Lol

BigdattyD

Reaction score
How do you go about upgrading an account to the enhanced mode? I have the Bullet box
I do not know what these guys are telling you. There is no enhanced mode on the Bullet. LOL

BigdattyD

Reaction score
^^^^^ This ^^^^^^
I've bought Stream Smart and two Tiger Streams from you. I get the impression you care about your products and your customers, as you even called me on the first purchase to ensure everything was working!
Hey brother, trying to be more pro active on here. Thank you for remembering. You are right, I live and breath ANDROID and I am always striving to find, create and build the best platforms for my customer base. I do this because I truly hate the cable providers and that is why my label is called Renegade now. I only want all my customers to have the best entertainment experience for the hard earned money they spend for my products. TY AGAIN!

BigdattyD

Reaction score
How do you go about upgrading an account to the enhanced mode? I have the Bullet box
There is no upgrade or enhanced mode for the Bullet unless I am missing something!

prorider

Reaction score
I bought a couple bullets and have had nothing but problems. Worked a few days but nothing but a pain in the ass so far.

BigdattyD

Reaction score
I bought a couple bullets and have had nothing but problems. Worked a few days but nothing but a pain in the ass so far.
Before you speak negative about the Bullet, wouldn't it be more productive to contact me and go over your issues in private. Putting your frustrations out there on front street is not the way to handle this brother. There is nothing wrong with the Bullets programming or content. Its running the way it should. If you are having issues, most likely its going to be related to your internet speed not the box's performance. Please contact me directly so I can figure out what the problem is.

boatnam2

Reaction score
Tried to buy one, it said bullet coupon expired.

BigdattyD

Reaction score
Tried to buy one, it said bullet coupon expired.[/

A few of you decided to buy late after the promocode expired. I am going to create a new one so everyone can get the bullet for $100 off for the Month of January. Use this Promo Code RDP100

BigdattyD

Reaction score
Need a little assistance please. Someone sent in 2 Stream Smarts with no contact info. Could they please contact me at 619.647.9008 On the address Label their initials are TA and they also put Ducttape1000. Your boxes have been done for over a week. Please call me.

boatnam2

Reaction score
I will be trying it here real soon, if I can make it work its safe to say anyone can use it.

Slink

Tennessee Living
Reaction score
Bigdatty..... I'm stuck in an area with shitty ATT internet.....and tired of DTV cost. Now that football is over, I am going to de-tox off DTV. My speed shows 13.5 download. I know most say at least 15 for no buffering. Does the box require direct ethernet connection to router or over Wifi? My main TV can be connected via ethernet but front room will be wifi. What is your opinion? Do you think your box is an option for me? If I purchase and find it buffers too much, what is your return policy? Thanks

Hava-Schiada

Reaction score
I just purchased the Bullet and have had it for 24 hours. I have to say I am pretty impressed with the performance of this little box! Hundreds of live channels with virtually no buffering. I currently have Directv with the Sunday Ticket and may jump ship if this box continues to perform this well throughout the year. I have been a Directv subscriber since 1996.
If you are tired of dealing with the hassle of Kodi in search of good links, this is a great alternative. The movie/tv show links in the Morpheus apps have all been good.
As promised, Dave M. honored the $100 RDP discount and answered his phone to help me get set up and walk me through the features. For me personally, it was worth a couple hundred bucks! RD's walk through video was spot on too. :)

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
Honestly...I have no idea what the scoop is here with RD and this stuff. It cant be much financially.

Why even deal with this shit show?

I have biught 3-4 boxes and after all the problems I just use Roku.

I am a simple man and suspect most others are.

Not worth the issues

Just my opinion FWIW

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Honestly...I have no idea what the scoop is here with RD and this stuff. It cant be much financially.

Why even deal with this shit show?

I have biught 3-4 boxes and after all the problems I just use Roku.

I am a simple man and suspect most others are.

Not worth the issues

Just my opinion FWIW

There really isn’t any monetary value.. I just found the one that works for me way back when. Every ten or so boxes they send me a free one and I give it to friends and family.

Over the years I tried several different ones out there and they all stay out great and then it turns to shit.

After dealing with that ten or so times I figured it’s better to just stick with Dave’s magic boxes as they seem to always work the best.

There’s a couple idiots on here that think I must be getting rich on these things..

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
There really isn’t any monetary value.. I just found the one that works for me way back when. Every ten or so boxes they send me a free one and I give it to friends and family.

Over the years I tried several different ones out there and they all stay out great and then it turns to shit.

After dealing with that ten or so times I figured it’s better to just stick with Dave’s magic boxes as they seem to always work the best.

There’s a couple idiots on here that think I must be getting rich on these things..

Never suspected rich....lol

Just seems to be one big fuckin' headache

BigdattyD

Reaction score
Guys, guys calm down this really isn't the place to express your feelings about a product you don't like. Others have been using this technology for the past 7 years and its not for everyone. Tech savvy guys love these boxes and others have a very difficult time figuring them out. Your advise could effect the decisions of many who are looking for a cheap economical method for alternative entertainment. Who are you to give advise if your advice is to steer others from a product that could provide much happiness to many families.

The Bullet is definitely a new avenue that will eventually replace Kodi. When I started this business, no one knew what XBMC was. Everyone was still using Appletv2 and Roku, now XBMC AKA Kodi is worldwide. The Bullet no longer requires Kodi, it is next gen technology just like XBMC was when I first started. I have always been several steps ahead of my competition. So if you have followed me as long as River Dave has then you know I do not leave my customers in the dark ever. Anyone can call me or use our facebook support group that has 3 moderators on there ready and willing to help out beginners or avid users.

So before you knock it, my best advise is to try it first before you decide if you don't like it. My return policy has always been honored. 14 day no questions asked refund if you don't want it.

Anyone who has questions, please feel free to contact me anytime. If I don't answer, I will return your call promptly.

Dave Montana, CEO
Renegade Entertainment, LLC
Kooltronix, Inc

BigdattyD

Reaction score
Never suspected rich....lol

Just seems to be one big fuckin' headache
Brother you should remove your negative posts. Just because you have had a bad experience doesn't mean everyone has. A lot times it has to do with their download speed, who their ISP is, such as AT&T who seriously sucks bigtime. Or it can be user error. In any case I have over 150,000 customers and the mass majority of them are happy campers.

Dave Montana

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
Brother you should remove your negative posts. Just because you have had a bad experience doesn't mean everyone has. A lot times it has to do with their download speed, who their ISP is, such as AT&T who seriously sucks bigtime. Or it can be user error. In any case I have over 150,000 customers and the mass majority of them are happy campers.

Dave Montana

It isn't directed at you....It is just the way it has been for years on this stuff and people that have dealt with it all.

If you solve the problems that people have had then none of what I wrote should bother you as it wasn't specific to you but your industry.

It is a fact in this industry that things have been pretty frustrating/negative for the consumer.....no?

If you come on and solve their issues with your product you have a big winner.

If Dave thinks my posts should be deleted he can do that. I dont think its warranted but its his web site so....

Wish you all the luck going forward.

Last edited:

thmterry

Reaction score
I want to get my Streamsmart pro plus redone, are you still doing that?

boatnam2

Reaction score
Going on 3 weeks and no box, How long did it take for everyone to get the box.

thmterry

Reaction score
I texted Dave last Thursday and have not heard back yet.