WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

MAGIC BOX DAVE - HERE IS YOUR RDP SPECIAL

Tackleberry

Reaction score
Because builds are built against the newest platforms. Not the otherway around.
Developers arent building off helix or Isengard platforms for example.
Dont believe me? Download the Helix apk and let me know how that works out for you. It wont.

Krypton was "just" released to the public. Not literally but its still relatively fresh

Krypton has been out for well over a year, and can be supported by these boxes, yet nobody uses that build on boxes. A new platform will be a hard sell if they completely kill support for previous iterations.

Waffles

Banned
Reaction score
Krypton has been out for well over a year, and can be supported by these boxes, yet nobody uses that build on boxes. A new platform will be a hard sell if they completely kill support for previous iterations.

LMAOOOOO over a year? Beta ≠ General release
No one builds off beta

http://mirrors.kodi.tv/releases/android/arm/old/
11kxi4w.jpg

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
18 leia is currently being developed so you cant say if 5.0 is going to be the min requirement. SPMC is Xbmc's little sister. Different face, same guts.
My issue is, as a consumer, when the box you paid 500 for doesnt work anymore because it doesnt meet the requirements? You cant just simply flash the latest rom into these so whats the solution. Lets say i buy the 2box package for 1k, a couple months later leia 18 comes out and requires android 16 to run....would you be ok with dropping $1k on a box that went to shit because it couldn't keep up with the updates?

I remember a swap out policy. Like for me w an s3 he'd buy it back and discount my new box... something like that I never did it.

Tackleberry

Reaction score
LMAOOOOO over a year? Beta ≠ General release
No one builds off beta

11kxi4w.jpg

Well fuck me right? When something you said will happen comes true, come back and gloat. Until then enjoy being an insufferable little cunt, good day sir.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Are you illiterate dave? Do you not know how to interpret context?

Yes I do
What i KNOW can be easily googled to be confirmed TRUE. Ive given examples, links TO DIRECT SITES, you name it to support these claims.
YOU HAVE DONE NOTHING TO DISCREDIT ME.

It wasn't my intention to "Discredit you." Never has been? Point of fact Waffles (since we are talking about literacy and reading comprehension) I didn't even disagree with anything that you have said.

To sum the entire post, it basically said "We get it Waffles!! There's cheaper ones out there!" (Note, there's no discrediting there..)

The only thing that has come out of your mouth for the last 40 pages or so is "hurrrr durrrrrrr push button, drink beer with friends, ufc"
How the fuck is this a valid argument?

Well Waffles that's the point. It isn't an argument. It's just a way to stream TV Shows.. LOL Me personally I just want to push a button and drink beers with friends while watching a UFC fight. There's other people that kinda feel the same way. I don't much care to argue or even know about which version this, or that or the other? I don't give a shit if it's on version 1.0 version 39.0 or version 867.5.. Do I push the button and it works? Yes. Can you push the button and stream UFC with no bullshit? Doubtful. Not looking for an "argument" per say there, but that for the 1000th time is THE POINT.

When has your boy, the PERSON SELLING THESE THINGS, ever come in and provided irrefutable evidence that what ive said ISNT going to happen? Dont worry....ill wait because he hasnt. Isnt he the "techy" guy?

Well again, you said all these things are going to be paper weights, and at some point made reference to the older ones not being able to work. Without arguing Waffles, I just pointed out that all the original magic boxes are still working.. Soooo?

Hes resorted to salesman tactics by calling me a basement dweller that doesnt know what theyre talking about BLAH BLAH BLAH. lmao.

Don't recall Magic Box Dave ever calling you personally a basement dweller. He might have, but I didn't see it.

I get it, youre mad because i called you out on your BULLSHIT. The BULLSHIT sales pitch of me not knowing what youve done for "the industry". etc etc. \

I've read that four times and I'm not sure what you are talking about. "My Bullshit sales pitch of you not knowing what I've done for the industry?" I don't think I've done anything for the streaming industry. Soooo ??

Not even a simple screenshot to prove me wrong about android 5.1 through settings-> about? it takes all of 20 seconds max to do this. Its on your phone its on your tv....its everywhere.
ITS ALL BULLSHIT

As said in the thread earlier if I knew how I'd show you happily Waffles. To get to the root point though, what version it is or isn't running is irrelevant to me. The flow chart for myself is pretty simple on these things. Push Botton and works - GOOD. Push Button and doesn't work - BAD. That's basically it buddy.

Which brings me back to you, dave.
You, the person that isnt even "selling them", are doing one hell of a job backing and arguing over a PRODUCT YOU DONT KNOW ABOUT. Youve said it yourself. YOU KNOW NOTHING ABOUT IT. So why are you so invested in this one? How many of these boxes have you had sold to you as being the latest and greatest?

The answer is simple Waffles. Dave showed me something years ago, and I showed the board. At the time people said it was too good to be true but some tried it. As XBMC / KODI etc.. got more popular obviously there is more and more suppliers of streaming devices. Some were cheaper, some weren't. They were touted ON RDP (that's where my involvement comes in) as being EQUAL TOO Dave's Magic Boxes. Come to find out they do 99% of the shit the magic box does, but in every single instance they fell short on the "PPV UFC" Program. Which is important to some people and not to others as discussed freely and openly in multiple responses. My only caveat in all of this is to please ask those selling the fire sticks, or XYZ is to be 100% honest about what they are selling (of which I believe Dave is the only one that has truly been honest).

A simple google search will bring up a list of archives where youve said some contradicting shit.
Heres a beaut....even though you said you dont give a shit how much it costs.

t8nuyt.jpg

Are you that naive or just dumb? Seeing you paid $2 through a fb page im going to go with both on this one.

Waffles, you have to be smart enough to know that in the instance where I want to stream UFC Fights for friends etc.. You'd be right I don't care if the box costs and extra 100-200 bucks if I know if it's going to work. Something like a device in my bedroom where I just want to watch movies and shows, then I don't need that same capability. There's a reason why I have 3 firesticks and 2 magic boxes in my house.

You dont know SHIT about the subject.

You'd be right.. I think the part you are struggling with is the idea that I don't want to know Shit about the subject. LOL

Edit: in regards to updates, There should always be 3. Regardless if its a fire stick or "magic box" there should always be three versions. One that updates the latest build and fixes broken links, repos,clears cache; one that updates the media player ie kodi jarvis->krypon, and one that updates the operating software ie Android.

This thing has 2, but I believe you are taking 2 and breaking it into three in text.. but whatever.

Like i said, i dont give a shit......just dont be surprised when shit hits the fan and the "i dropped 2k a couple months ago and now this shit doesnt work...wtf dave" call out threads pop up.

2,000 bucks would be an awful lot of magic boxes.. LOL That all said I've been running them for years with no issues Waffles. If you run them for more than a month or two then you've definitely got your moneys worth already. (IN MY OPINION) That said, don't fret over my impending "WTF Dave" call out thread. As said I'm not the one selling magic boxes.. but I do believe in them, and I do believe for the money that Dave offers the best package available. That isn't to say best hardware, or latest operating system etc.. It's to say it's the easiest to use (best interface), self updating, box that can actually stream PPV fights reliably with no drama.

That's all.. nothing more nothing less.

RD

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
Yes I do

It wasn't my intention to "Discredit you." Never has been? Point of fact Waffles (since we are talking about literacy and reading comprehension) I didn't even disagree with anything that you have said.

To sum the entire post, it basically said "We get it Waffles!! There's cheaper ones out there!" (Note, there's no discrediting there..)

Well Waffles that's the point. It isn't an argument. It's just a way to stream TV Shows.. LOL Me personally I just want to push a button and drink beers with friends while watching a UFC fight. There's other people that kinda feel the same way. I don't much care to argue or even know about which version this, or that or the other? I don't give a shit if it's on version 1.0 version 39.0 or version 867.5.. Do I push the button and it works? Yes. Can you push the button and stream UFC with no bullshit? Doubtful. Not looking for an "argument" per say there, but that for the 1000th time is THE POINT.

Well again, you said all these things are going to be paper weights, and at some point made reference to the older ones not being able to work. Without arguing Waffles, I just pointed out that all the original magic boxes are still working.. Soooo?

Don't recall Magic Box Dave ever calling you personally a basement dweller. He might have, but I didn't see it.

I've read that four times and I'm not sure what you are talking about. "My Bullshit sales pitch of you not knowing what I've done for the industry?" I don't think I've done anything for the streaming industry. Soooo ??

As said in the thread earlier if I knew how I'd show you happily Waffles. To get to the root point though, what version it is or isn't running is irrelevant to me. The flow chart for myself is pretty simple on these things. Push Botton and works - GOOD. Push Button and doesn't work - BAD. That's basically it buddy.

The answer is simple Waffles. Dave showed me something years ago, and I showed the board. At the time people said it was too good to be true but some tried it. As XBMC / KODI etc.. got more popular obviously there is more and more suppliers of streaming devices. Some were cheaper, some weren't. They were touted ON RDP (that's where my involvement comes in) as being EQUAL TOO Dave's Magic Boxes. Come to find out they do 99% of the shit the magic box does, but in every single instance they fell short on the "PPV UFC" Program. Which is important to some people and not to others as discussed freely and openly in multiple responses. My only caveat in all of this is to please ask those selling the fire sticks, or XYZ is to be 100% honest about what they are selling (of which I believe Dave is the only one that has truly been honest).

Waffles, you have to be smart enough to know that in the instance where I want to stream UFC Fights for friends etc.. You'd be right I don't care if the box costs and extra 100-200 bucks if I know if it's going to work. Something like a device in my bedroom where I just want to watch movies and shows, then I don't need that same capability. There's a reason why I have 3 firesticks and 2 magic boxes in my house.

You'd be right.. I think the part you are struggling with is the idea that I don't want to know Shit about the subject. LOL

This thing has 2, but I believe you are taking 2 and breaking it into three in text.. but whatever.

2,000 bucks would be an awful lot of magic boxes.. LOL That all said I've been running them for years with no issues Waffles. If you run them for more than a month or two then you've definitely got your moneys worth already. (IN MY OPINION) That said, don't fret over my impending "WTF Dave" call out thread. As said I'm not the one selling magic boxes.. but I do believe in them, and I do believe for the money that Dave offers the best package available. That isn't to say best hardware, or latest operating system etc.. It's to say it's the easiest to use (best interface), self updating, box that can actually stream PPV fights reliably with no drama.

That's all.. nothing more nothing less.

RD

I really admire your patience and calm demeanor. I need to take notes

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I really admire your patience and calm demeanor. I need to take notes

Take yourself out of the immediate text and the small quips being fired back and forth, and look at the overall picture. Look at the passion and anger that Waffles has towards these magic boxes in particular. Note not any of the other ones out there, just this particular one for some reason. When you start looking at things like that, and asking yourself "Why is this guy so crazy over these magic boxes in particular?" I believe this is stemming from something outside of the magic box itself. I have a few theories if you want to hear em.

RD

redone76

Reaction score
Take yourself out of the immediate text and the small quips being fired back and forth, and look at the overall picture. Look at the passion and anger that Waffles has towards these magic boxes in particular. Note not any of the other ones out there, just this particular one for some reason. When you start looking at things like that, and asking yourself "Why is this guy so crazy over these magic boxes in particular?" I believe this is stemming from something outside of the magic box itself. I have a few theories if you want to hear em.

RD

Yes...

buck35

Reaction score

RD

I think waffles sees this as easy peasy simple things , but to many of us it don't compute, give me machinery and I get it, take it apart see what wrong and fix it. I Don't understand computer stuff , and my head is already too full of other useless information to care .

Waffles

Banned
Reaction score

RD

X10 on what Vic said. I for sure thought I was going to get the ban hammer. Like buck said, I was irked at how I, unlike you, thought this was a rip off based off the sheer simplicity of it. That's it...And it just not this box but every box. You were just involved more on this one so it stuck. It doesn't stem from some deep dark secret plaguing my childhood or shit like that. I just care about helping people as a whole. If a mechanic offered to change your oil for $500, I'd do the same and step in by offering different alternatives or even showing you how to change it. Nothing more nothing less. That said, feel free to clean this thread up. I'm done being an asshole :beer

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
X10 on what Vic said. I for sure thought I was going to get the ban hammer. Like buck said, I was irked at how I, unlike you, thought this was a rip off based off the sheer simplicity of it. That's it...And it just not this box but every box. You were just involved more on this one so it stuck. It doesn't stem from some deep dark secret plaguing my childhood or shit like that. I just care about helping people as a whole. If a mechanic offered to change your oil for $500, I'd do the same and step in by offering different alternatives or even showing you how to change it. Nothing more nothing less. That said, feel free to clean this thread up. I'm done being an asshole :beer

No way... It was that easy? :D (by the way you priced a marine service lately? 500.00 to change the oil is about right.. LOL)

RD

Joker

Reaction score
Come on Waffles, you just folded like a cheap omelette.:)

Waffles

Banned
Reaction score
No way... It was that easy? :D (by the way you priced a marine service lately? 500.00 to change the oil is about right.. LOL)

RD

*$750. Don't remind me....I'm taking it in next week for a full service
Meh can't take the lounge seriously lol
It's just a tool to pass time.
Even the biggest trolls get tired of trolling ;)

Reaction score

Come on.

My 3 year old doesn't even fold his cards that fast.

STV_Keith

Reaction score
Can someone with one of these boxes go into their settings and see if it updated past 5.1? That would clear up one issue.

Since it seems no one has answered, mine shows 5.1.1 as of yesterday.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
So ..... box.....or no box?

Waffles? lol

For me it's a mix of boxes and firesticks. Boxes for anything that I might have to stream a fight etc.. fire stick for my bedroom.

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
Ok, I'm seriously considering ditching DirecTV and getting a magic box or something along those lines. The only caveat is that I need to be able to stream the local networks since Heritage has little to no over air signal. What say Ye magic box enthusiasts?

USMC2010

Reaction score
Ok, I'm seriously considering ditching DirecTV and getting a magic box or something along those lines. The only caveat is that I need to be able to stream the local networks since Heritage has little to no over air signal. What say Ye magic box enthusiasts?
Are you buried in the mountains? It looks like you "should" be able to receive several stations with a good amplified ota.
http://www.rabbitears.info/search.p...les=100&address=&lat=&lon=&dbtype=dBm&height=

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score

USMC2010

Reaction score
I just entered the zip code, actual location will definitely have an affect. Our toy hauler sits in front of my house and can't pick up anything but one channel on occasion but my roof mount gets them all for Havasu. When I move it away from the house it does well. The type of antenna and height makes all the difference. Local channels on the stream boxes is challenging but not impossible but totally not necessary unless you are looking for local news and stuff like that.

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
I just entered the zip code, actual location will definitely have an affect. Our toy hauler sits in front of my house and can't pick up anything but one channel on occasion but my roof mount gets them all for Havasu. When I move it away from the house it does well. The type of antenna and height makes all the difference. Local channels on the stream boxes is challenging but not impossible but totally not necessary unless you are looking for local news and stuff like that.
And that's pretty much why I want the local channels.

buck35

Reaction score
And so what say all you owners?
If happy campers ive probably sold 2 or three guys this weekend, had a tough time with the the fights last night...:grumble:

Skippy

Reaction score
PPV? I have not tried to watch a PPV event yet. Other than that I'm liking it a lot.

USMC2010

Reaction score
I didn't turn it on until the main event last night but my Streamsmart (same build as Renegade I believe) worked perfectly.

Danger Dave

Sarcastically Optimistic 😁
Reaction score
Both the streamsmart and Renegade work perfectly for me.

STV_Keith

Reaction score
I've had the Renegade for a few months now. I did watch the main cards of the UFC fight on Dragon Streams...worked great. For programs I know I want to watch, it works great. Occasionally you have to wait a day or two to see the latest episode of a show in HD...I refuse to watch anything <720p these days. 4k moves are incredible.

The only drawback I see, and it's more of a "how it works" thing than a drawback, is that I no longer see commercials - which means I don't see info on new upcoming shows or seasons. I haven't found a good live TV guide, so you can't just browse through what's on to see what you might be interested in. Just something different.

At this point, I won't consider going back to DTV or cable. Saving $100+ a month is worth overcoming those challenges. You do have to be patient with finding a good stream sometimes, but there are more apps than you can shake a stick at in the box. The key is playing around until you find a few that become your GO TO apps. For movies, FilmCube works great for me. SALTS has gone downhill...don't like the way they display found streams anymore...the old version was WAY better. I wish Exodus would come back like it used to be. Kratos works well for the majority of TV shows.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I've had the Renegade for a few months now. I did watch the main cards of the UFC fight on Dragon Streams...worked great. For programs I know I want to watch, it works great. Occasionally you have to wait a day or two to see the latest episode of a show in HD...I refuse to watch anything <720p these days. 4k moves are incredible.

The only drawback I see, and it's more of a "how it works" thing than a drawback, is that I no longer see commercials - which means I don't see info on new upcoming shows or seasons. I haven't found a good live TV guide, so you can't just browse through what's on to see what you might be interested in. Just something different.

At this point, I won't consider going back to DTV or cable. Saving $100+ a month is worth overcoming those challenges. You do have to be patient with finding a good stream sometimes, but there are more apps than you can shake a stick at in the box. The key is playing around until you find a few that become your GO TO apps. For movies, FilmCube works great for me. SALTS has gone downhill...don't like the way they display found streams anymore...the old version was WAY better. I wish Exodus would come back like it used to be. Kratos works well for the majority of TV shows.

All I pretty much use is Exodus.. They did some update recently to it. It stopped working for a day or two, and then it asked me to reinstall the app so I did, and it works bitchen. For latest and greatest shows, typically they end up on most popular in the various apps right off the bat, and then start going down the list from there.

RD

Joker

Reaction score
Are these still up and running?

Tackleberry

Reaction score
For those of you looking for local channels the Sub Zero addon has all the locals from Socal, Phoenix and quite a few other markets in HD.

STV_Keith

Reaction score
Mine is working great. 1 Channel, Exodus, Elysium, Specto...mainly the ones I use for TV shows. Real Movies HD section for movies. Gonna make me really happy when I get the Mayweather/McGreggor fight for free too. ;)

Tank

Reaction score
Mine is working great. 1 Channel, Exodus, Elysium, Specto...mainly the ones I use for TV shows. Real Movies HD section for movies. Gonna make me really happy when I get the Mayweather/McGreggor fight for free too. ;)

Who are you going to use for the fight? I'm interested to see how it's gonna work out.

STV_Keith

Reaction score
Who are you going to use for the fight? I'm interested to see how it's gonna work out.

I've got the UFC fights on Dragon Streams in the past. I'm assuming that will be the best place.

Joker

Reaction score
Any idea why the coupon doesn't exist?

Havasu Catman

Reaction score
You might want to get in touch with Captain Streamsmart. He has a website. If you contact him he will give you a code and the price is better than anywhere else by far.:thumbsup

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
You might want to get in touch with Captain Streamsmart. He has a website. If you contact him he will give you a code and the price is better than anywhere else by far.:thumbsup

I don't think they have the same sports package as Daves boxes but am not sure.. I texted Dave earlier for another code for his site. He said he would get one up today.