WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Magic Deck Boats

MagicMan

Reaction score
Who has all the swag? I need to get someone b-day presents.
I purchased a couple hats for the wife and I from Preston at Horizon Motorsports. I believe he had t-shirts as well.

Reactions: D19

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score
I may be in the minority here, but my Magic doesn't rattle or make a single sound whatsoever. Absolutely solid as a rock. When I had some speakers installed along the front step, the installer (Speed of Sound) said it was the thickest he had ever seen. Maybe I got lucky?

I've been so happy with ours that I would consider a new one, however, I can't get behind anything Ultra is involved in.

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score
I may be in the minority here, but my Magic doesn't rattle or make a single sound whatsoever. Absolutely solid as a rock. When I had some speakers installed along the front step, the installer (Speed of Sound) said it was the thickest he had ever seen. Maybe I got lucky?

I've been so happy with ours that I would consider a new one, however, I can't get behind anything Ultra is involved in.
Mines a 2006 Wizard and I run her offshore with plenty of flying through the air. No rattles and loose screws at all which is rare given as much bouncing as goes on in sea conditions. No spider cracking in glass either. My last boat required a screw driver on board and there were always some subtle spider cracks going on over time with age.

Hardly Satisfied

Riverside, CA & Havasu
Reaction score

Attachments

• 81E1CA3D-1B91-4BF2-9DDC-9D81BB8055F5.png
    81E1CA3D-1B91-4BF2-9DDC-9D81BB8055F5.png
    632.7 KB · Views: 144

702sandman

Reaction score
You sell your 27 yesterday?
Yes a buddy of mine really wanted it and we really want a deck boat so we decided to let it go. now it’s just trying to find the right Magic. We are heading to havasu tomorrow To look at a couple

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
This is our hope too. We’ve been kicking around the idea of getting out of the pontoon and into a bigger deck boat. The smaller companies are priced just as high as the Nordic’s are. My wife’s thinking is why pay that kind of money and NOT get a Nordic. Yes, I know they all ride different and everyone has their likes and dislikes.

I really liked the new magic that Horizon had at the last Havasu show. They hadn’t worked out final pricing at the time but the number they threw out was 150k w/ a 520. That was 2 years ago now though. Things obviously changed or were put on hold.

View attachment 875445 View attachment 875446 View attachment 875444
It may have been a new build but from the outside looked more like an 08, the 09’s had better gel, but yea luckily didn’t look like the 05’s.

Runs2rch

Reaction score
Yes a buddy of mine really wanted it and we really want a deck boat so we decided to let it go. now it’s just trying to find the right Magic. We are heading to havasu tomorrow To look at a couple
Your buddy Doug?

FreeBird236

Reaction score
Mines a 2006 Wizard and I run her offshore with plenty of flying through the air. No rattles and loose screws at all which is rare given as much bouncing as goes on in sea conditions. No spider cracking in glass either. My last boat required a screw driver on board and there were always some subtle spider cracks going on over time with age.
All the Magics I've been on, if the doors did rattle a little it was just and easy adjustment of the lock. the doors are solid.

702sandman

Reaction score
Another buddy sent me the pic. Super nice. Have been on the hunt for a 27 for awhile. Have to know someone ready to sell like this.

doug got lucky lol I wasn’t ready to sell but he offered me a price I couldn’t pass up and we really wanted a magic so it just worked out

135pilot

Reaction score
Bumping an old thread to ask the question. Does anyone have an idea of who owns or uses the magic deck/Sceptor molds? Some people say horizon motorsports. Others are saying they were taken out to the east coast.

sczagurs

Reaction score
Bumping an old thread to ask the question. Does anyone have an idea of who owns or uses the magic deck/Sceptor molds? Some people say horizon motorsports. Others are saying they were taken out to the east coast.
Horizon Motorsports owns them. I believe they were being laid up by Ultra but had issues (rumor) and then he was looking for his own guys?

JFMFG

Reaction score
Horizon has them. They’ve built a few in the last couple years.

Swain

Reaction score
They were liked because they ride good and during magics boom times you could get one in 3 weeks.
After time has passed structurally they are sound.
Few cracks in the same places on everyone but not cracks to be concerned about.

The H with the right improvements horizon is doing could be a hit.

In my opinion of 20 years in havasu, owning a magic and seeing what the deck boat market is like now....horizon better be cheaper and less than a 6 week build or it wont work

I hope the pull it off. Id buy another from them if the business model works and is solid.

They need to have gel like the latest DCB and eliminators. Not like the magics of the passed. Bold straight lines.
No ones building a boat in 6 weeks

LAPII

Reaction score
May be one coming up for sale in next coming month? In sig pic.

gqchris

Reaction score
If you bought one of the completed hulls you save 5k and all they had too do was install your power and not much more so yes they finished them in 6 weeks or less.
Yup. We had over like 100 completed hulls. Even interior when I worked at LByS liquidating them.

Reactions: DWC

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
If you bought one of the completed hulls you save 5k and all they had too do was install your power and not much more so yes they finished them in 6 weeks or less.
I took it as though he’s saying these days, we all know it was happening back in the day but today, i think Magic proved to all builders why not to have boats sitting around.

Reactions: DWC

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score
Around 3 years or so RD had mentioned that the Horizon guy was enjoying margins of the pontoon craze