WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Magic deckboat setup/props/#s

cheezpanel

Reaction score
Hey everyone,
We just picked up a 28 w a 496HO running a 24p Bravo. I'm coming from 15 years in a Mach22, so forgive me for not having much to compare to.
We ran the boat really for the first time last weekend...with me and 2 fat guys and both tanks half full, the boat ran at about 58 mph. Can't recall rpms at speed. Couple of seconds to plane, with what seemed like a slight hesitation as speed picked up after planing. A couple of questions for those with experience with this boat:
1. Is that about what to expect for top speed with this setup? I don't care too much about that really, just wondering if this is normal/avg.
2. Anyone with tabs find that they're worth it performance-wise?
3. I'm thinking of trying a 22p for the times when I'm loaded down with bodies/etc. Anyone running a 22 on this boat?

I'm sure I'll have more questions...I guess I'm just wondering if this sounds right for this boat. Thanks in advance for any input/advice...
Bill

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Hey everyone,
We just picked up a 28 w a 496HO running a 24p Bravo. I'm coming from 15 years in a Mach22, so forgive me for not having much to compare to.
We ran the boat really for the first time last weekend...with me and 2 fat guys and both tanks half full, the boat ran at about 58 mph. Can't recall rpms at speed. Couple of seconds to plane, with what seemed like a slight hesitation as speed picked up after planing. A couple of questions for those with experience with this boat:
1. Is that about what to expect for top speed with this setup? I don't care too much about that really, just wondering if this is normal/avg.
2. Anyone with tabs find that they're worth it performance-wise?
3. I'm thinking of trying a 22p for the times when I'm loaded down with bodies/etc. Anyone running a 22 on this boat?

I'm sure I'll have more questions...I guess I'm just wondering if this sounds right for this boat. Thanks in advance for any input/advice...
Bill

cheezpanel, that actually all sounds about right to me for that boat. Most guys I know run a 24 for general purpose. They have a 26 for winter months and light loads... Which I might add sits on the shelf and never gets used. Then they have a 22 for rolling that pig over with 10 people and coolers on it which gets used in July and August.

RD

cheezpanel

Reaction score
cheezpanel, that actually all sounds about right to me for that boat. Most guys I know run a 24 for general purpose. They have a 26 for winter months and light loads... Which I might add sits on the shelf and never gets used. Then they have a 22 for rolling that pig over with 10 people and coolers on it which gets used in July and August.

RD

Thanks Dave...I've read so many posts/threads and info seems to be all over the place. I can only guess that some of the numbers I've read with the exact same setup are inflated...I dunno. I'm hoping to just pick up a 22 for the heavy days and leave it at that, knowing the boat's doing what it should. I'm taking it to Kevin in a couple weeks to clean it up/address some little issues, then hopefully good to go.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
I have a new in box 22P bravo if you are interested.

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
Wow 58? That's horrible!! Boat bottom isn't even working yet (packing air) at those speeds. Put a 525 in it

cheezpanel

Reaction score

Wmc

The Mayor
Reaction score
Boat should run 64-65 mph set on kill with a semi light load.
What Cole said
FB_IMG_1485815130919.jpg