WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Magic / Horizon Motor Sports

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
I guess that was kind of my point I’d say the average “good job” in Havasu probably pays $18 an hour to $27 an hour if they’re lucky. I would say a good majority of jobs are well below that.

Well it is a tourist/retirement town in the middle of the desert with no real industry.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
What kind of home can you buy on that rate?
The number sounds good until you figure in utilities, school system, and how far your dollar goes.
On top of being in a niche industry that’s shrinking yearly.

I’d go to the midwest (Berkshire Ind., etc), or Fl for a boating industry job with a decent chance of a decent cost of living.

That would require people with an actual work ethic :) if you have a work ethic in Havasu, you are doing well most likely.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Again with that. What would be considered "real" industry?

Havasu’s industry is tourism.

Something more there than the sterilite plastic container plant could qualify. :)

Any smart person or business would put any kind of corporate distribution or production facility in Kingman instead of Havasu.

Havasu is increasingly going to become a story of the haves and have nots. The have nots are going to get pushed to Kingman. There is already a shortage of places to rent, and rent is surging. 2-3 years ago my asking rent was about at the top of the market, now I’m leaving 200-300 per month per unit on the table.

DRYHEAT

Reaction score
Well it is a tourist/retirement town in the middle of the desert with no real industry.
Partly true, and for years the “grand old fathers” of the city have worked hard to keep out any decent industry because that would interrupt their flow of cheap labor.

gqchris

Reaction score
I was assuming both spouses working.

mid you can’t live a good life on $70hr you have problems.

funny you bring up a new boat and 700k house. You realize most people would think you are fucking rich if you can afford that.

That what I was thinking also, 99.9% of the world gives one shit less about boats, offroad cars and toys. We are a very niche group and most families dont care about these things.

I wish I could simplify and not need toys to keep me from going crazy, but like most here, I have the sickness and its costs coin to medicate[emoji23]

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Partly true, and for years the “grand old fathers” of the city have worked hard to keep out any decent industry because that would interrupt their flow of cheap labor.

2 things are gonna happen, the cheap labor is going to be pushed out, or the cheap labor will commute 45 minutes to continue to work on “Havasu time”.

USMC2010

Reaction score

Something more there than the sterilite plastic container plant could qualify. :)

Any smart person or business would put any kind of corporate distribution or production facility in Kingman instead of Havasu.

Havasu is increasingly going to become a story of the haves and have nots. The have nots are going to get pushed to Kingman. There is already a shortage of places to rent, and rent is surging. 2-3 years ago my asking rent was about at the top of the market, now I’m leaving 200-300 per month per unit on the table.
I've said it before, there is more than sterlite here. I've been here full time for 11 years and worked for what I would consider 2 other industrial companies that have zip to do with tourism. Still waiting...what is your definition of a real industry?

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.😂
They all pretty much look the same if you put blurry glasses on.😊

Honestly it’s all the same. 65 MPH in a deck boat is about all 95% of passengers in a deck boat can deal with.

A Magic with a 8.2 HO is a plenty adequate floating people mover, stereo and beer cooler.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
I've said it before, there is more than sterlite here. I've been here full time for 11 years and worked for what I would consider 2 other industrial companies that have zip to do with tourism. Still waiting...what is your definition of a real industry?

Something that can employ several hundred to a thousand + people, and give workers a path to professional growth. There is pockets of that, but there are not big companies with a solid foothold there other than corporate retail giants.

Yes there is a boat “industry”, and construction “industry” there but the are all a bunch of small business with defined ceilings unless you go out on your own.

The logistics of big companies coming to Havasu make no sense, and make less sense as time goes on.

DRYHEAT

Reaction score
Honestly it’s all the same. 65 MPH in a deck boat is about all 95% of passengers in a deck boat can deal with.

A Magic with a 8.2 HO is a plenty adequate floating people mover, stereo and beer cooler.
Isn’t that what most boats are 99% of the time?

USMC2010

Reaction score
Something that can employ several hundred to a thousand + people, and give workers a path to professional growth. There is pockets of that, but there are not big companies with a solid foothold there other than corporate retail giants.

The logistics make no sense, and make less sense as time goes on.
That's unrealistic numbers for any city anywhere of this size. You can't bring socal business numbers into these small communities anywhere. If I'm wrong, enlighten me.

retaocleg

Reaction score

boat building is coming to kingman, you are correct.......

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
That's unrealistic numbers for any city anywhere of this size. You can't bring socal business numbers into these small communities anywhere. If I'm wrong, enlighten me.

Exactly my point, there is no real industry there, and never will be aside from retail. Wal-Mart is probably the biggest employer in town.

If you were going to bring some kind of larger scale facility online of any type you’d do it in Kingman anyway.

It does not make sense to make anything at any type of scale there in Havasu.

Can you build a resume in town, sure. Can you build a career there? Eh, probably but you will have very limited opportunities unless you work for yourself.

Looking Glass

1 = Well = Known = Member
Reaction score
[/QUOT

There is a Reason Anderson Toyota is way out of town. The "Father's and Other auto "Dealer" in town did everything possible to make Life miserable for them, even to the Point of digging up being in a "Flood Plain" Nice try, but made things more difficult and drug out the building date months.

USMC2010

Reaction score
Exactly my point, there is no real industry there, and never will be aside from retail. Wal-Mart is probably the biggest employer in town.

If you were going to bring some kind of larger scale facility online of any type you’d do it in Kingman anyway.

It does not make sense to make anything at any type of scale there in Havasu.

Can you build a resume in town, sure. Can you build a career there? Eh, probably but you will have very limited opportunities unless you work for yourself.
You still miss what I am saying. There are companies here that make a ton of money and employ close to 100 each. Honestly, it gets old hearing all of this.
I suppose I could say good on you for "leaving money" on the table with your rentals 🙄.
Of course this city is what it is, but the west coast money is killing this place and doesn't even care. I'm leaving this year and not looking back.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
So I was talking to a guy at CatTail Cove last weekend who says Preston squashed building new Magic’s. Says Preston dumped 6 mil. into it but tons of people who go screwed back in 06-08 was looking to sue him so he shuttered the thought of continuing to build the Magic deck boat. Any word on this??? Could be complete bullshit but I have heard nothing about the new Magic’s coming out after we saw a few of the build teasers a while ago. I’m sure @RiverDave is in the know on all of this

Last I heard he had built around ten of them and had sold all of them.. I think your source for information is probably mistaken.

He did purchase a couple of large buildings which might be where that six million number came from.. I’m quite sure he was over a million in inventory.

That said all the buildings are worth more than what he paid and he profited on all the boats so he certainly didn’t lose six million like implied.. 😳

retaocleg

Reaction score
I'm leaving this year and not looking back.

😁
tenor.gif

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
You still miss what I am saying. There are companies here that make a ton of money and employ close to 100 each. Honestly, it gets old hearing all of this.
I suppose I could say good on you for "leaving money" on the table with your rentals 🙄.
Of course this city is what it is, but the west coast money is killing this place and doesn't even care. I'm leaving this year and not looking back.

I’m not missing what you are saying. I’m telling you it is a town with limited opportunities and career paths for workers. That is why you keep hearing “there is no industry there”, because there are no careers to be had there unless you work for yourself.

The town is made up of small businesses. Yes there are a myriad of industries there all made up of an amalgamation of businesses.

The west coast money is going to drive out a bunch of the manufacturing jobs. It will bolster the construction, service and tourism industries there, and the town will continue to change into a tourist/retirement town.

Like any business, I provide a service (housing) at a set rate to my tenants. They can agree to pay the rental rate or not. I hold all the risk and have to pay for their stupid mistakes. It isn’t a charity, it’s a business.

Last edited:

petie6464

Reaction score
I think what you see here is there is a world of difference being a boat salesman and a boat manufacturer.

I'm sure after a dip in the water he had enough and realized it's a long hard road and there's plenty on it already.

What happened to the new manufacturer in Havasu that was going to have new boats out months ago?

Looking Glass

1 = Well = Known = Member
Reaction score

This POST, WIll NOT be seen on The Lake Havasu City Chamber Of Commerce WEB Site.:rolleyes:

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
This POST, WIll NOT be seen on The Lake Havasu City Chamber Of Commerce WEB Site.:rolleyes:

Its nothing they don’t already know. The mayor is a hotel and resort owner. That should tell you all you need to know as to the direction the town is headed.

Gelcoater

Reaction score
Its nothing they don’t already know. The mayor is a hotel and resort owner. That should tell you all you need to know as to the direction the town is headed.
Well then that cocksucker needs to get some shit handled.
I keep seeing stuff online and tv about Havasu as a destination and the Riviera of the desert.
He better get cracking or there won’t be any fuggin water left😂

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Well then that cocksucker needs to get some shit handled.
I keep seeing stuff online and tv about Havasu as a destination and the Riviera of the desert.
He better get cracking or there won’t be any fuggin water left😂

Progress in 2 weeks, don’t worry!

guest hs

Reaction score
As a kid I remember Havasu being home to McColloch chain saws and Campbell Boats.
And of course the shooting gallery in the village😂
I loved the shooting gallery at the village was awesome along with the waterslides in Crazy Horse along with the Jail House at Crazy Horse