WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Magic power boat molds

Jmp

Reaction score
Anyone know what happened to them? I'm surprised someone isn't building boats with them again

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
They are here in Havasu in Preston's yard. I had heard they were gonna start building boats but I don't think anything ever materialized with that.

Reactions: Jmp

ElAzul

Well-Known RDP Inmate #211
Reaction score
Times are good and builders are busy repop those bad boys under the name Illusion. Did any of there bottoms have inherent problems?

Reactions: TPC

FlyByWire

I just work here
Reaction score
With older magics still selling for 80 grand, you'd think there'd be a market for new builds... I know personally I'd sure as hell take a hard look at them.

Backlash

Reaction score
Does he have the Aronow 37' "Heritage" molds?

Gelcoater

Reaction score
They are here in Havasu in Preston's yard. I had heard they were gonna start building boats but I don't think anything ever materialized with that.

I wonder why? Preston is more than capable of building something nice.

ductape1000

Here.
Reaction score
The only thing I don't like about those is that the passenger is ahead of the driver. It has never made sense to me why they didn't line them up... 🤔

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
10205545323387.jpg

magic-34-sorcerer-4.jpg

6.jpg

main.jpg

DSC01817.jpg

JB in so cal

Reaction score
The only thing I don't like about those is that the passenger is ahead of the driver. It has never made sense to me why they didn't line them up... 樂

Besides making the J shaped bench a bit bigger, the off set allows for the driver (me, lol) to see side to side for better visibility. It works for me. Seems natural.

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
Just a few years past and they look a bit dated.
Different engines, interiors, colors, jewelry, sound system would be on the order sheet.

riverroyal

Reaction score
Seating offset is fine. I actually like it for navigation help. The passenger is not 90 degrees to your left, it's easy to see them

Heylam

Reaction score
The way the deck is made up of several separate molded pieces makes it the flexiest boat I've ever been in. Kind of weird to watch all the movement.

Jmp

Reaction score
With older magics still selling for 80 grand, you'd think there'd be a market for new builds... I know personally I'd sure as hell take a hard look at them.

That's the reason I ask, they have held their value like crazy. Maybe the reason being is because they aren't building them anymore?

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
That's the reason I ask, they have held their value like crazy. Maybe the reason being is because they aren't building them anymore?

No, it is because a new 28 foot deckboat is $160K+

BUDMAN

HAVASU BOUND
Reaction score
The Magic hull makes any size motor sound like a monster when you're running behind one [emoji3]

Was talking about that earlier today with 240Hallett. They sound incredible.

28Eliminator

Reaction score
Don't get me wrong, I think they're great boats. Very popular for a reason, but I've never heard of a fast one.

Met a guy in the channel 3 or 4 years ago, he pulled in next to us in a big magic deck boat.. I think it was a 34'. It has monster power in it.. 2 big blowers sticking out of the top. 1200hp each he said. It had arneson surface drives also. Pretty nice set up. He said he had a fortune tied up in it, and it would still only do about 120.. he wasn't happy.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
Don't get me wrong, I think they're great boats. Very popular for a reason, but I've never heard of a fast one.

Met a guy in the channel 3 or 4 years ago, he pulled in next to us in a big magic deck boat.. I think it was a 34'. It has monster power in it.. 2 big blowers sticking out of the top. 1200hp each he said. It had arneson surface drives also. Pretty nice set up. He said he had a fortune tied up in it, and it would still only do about 120.. he wasn't happy.

He was amazed it went as fast as it did when he was telling me about it. :)

BUDMAN

HAVASU BOUND
Reaction score

I've heard the same thing. Not the fastest decks out there even with decent power. Wonder what the comparison would be with another deck with the same power.

BUDMAN

HAVASU BOUND
Reaction score
What was it. The masses want to know.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
The way the deck is made up of several separate molded pieces makes it the flexiest boat I've ever been in. Kind of weird to watch all the movement.

It's weird.. I have been in quite a few of them. some don't flex at all, and others are like gumby going down the river. Lol.

My buddy Roberts is one of the most solid hulls I have ever been in, zero flex and zero rattles etc..

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
Ok, that helps wrap my head around it. But...

My OCD prefers the symmetry of these. 

Pix don't do it.
In Person has that distinctive Cole - Aronow styling look IMHO.
Works well on a big boat. Always liked it.
With the new mills available on the market today would still be a good runner ocean or lake.

Hope the molds see new life. :thumbsup

CigAjerk

Reaction score
It's weird.. I have been in quite a few of them. some don't flex at all, and others are like gumby going down the river. Lol.

My buddy Roberts is one of the most solid hulls I have ever been in, zero flex and zero rattles etc..

I heard there were 3 molds for 28 decks. 2 ran perfect and exact same speeds. 1 runs slightly slower and has performance/handling issues. I also heard a few people in the know could tell by the HIN where they hatched.

checkrd past

Reaction score

Would the reason be that they were built under contract with different boat builders?

Backlash

Reaction score
I know some of the original molds ended up with Magic and some went to a shop in Missouri. Pantera pulled one or two from the big V-bottom mold but who knows what happened after that. RD would have a better grasp on what Magic had and what Preston ended up with. Like everything else in the marine industry, the details and whereabouts will be a little fuzzy at best (Speaking about the Aronow 32, 37 and 45 molds here; not the 28 deck).

JM21

Reaction score
I know of a 28 deck with a 900 Teague in it that has seen 98. I think with 2 people and emptied out of supplies it would have hit 100. Not the fastest but the mid range pull on it is yuge.

Groper

Reaction score
And they must be mounted with drywall screws.

Drywall screws and red loctite

What Coating ?

Black Oxide
Black Phosphate
Black Phosphate & Oil
Blue Ruspert
Cadmium & Wax
Chrome
Dacro
Electro-Zinc & Black
Electro-Zinc & Clear
Electro-Zinc & Clear for Sockets