WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Magic Regatta

Magic2K10

Reaction score
Looking to see if they are having a meet up this year, can't find any info online, please let me know if you have any info , thanks.

JFMFG

Reaction score
Looking to see if they are having a meet up this year, can't find any info online, please let me know if you have any info , thanks.
It is in august. Join the magic Facebook group and talk to Tiffany or Todd.

riverroyal

Reaction score
How many deck boats were finished? On the water at some point, long beach sales included.
Im going to wild guess, 200?

Ultra247

Reaction score
So,
To the initial question... The magic meetup is at the nautical from August 19th through the 22nd. The comments to contact Tiffany on facebook are correct.

To the general point, yes there are a lot of Magics and the 28 magic deck was a very popular model. I've had Eliminator, Ultra and now, dare I say it ..."Magic". It's not for everyone but for its function, it's a great boat. It rides smooth in most Havasu chop, it does 60 mph with a 496, it carries 6 comfortably and 12 when you want / need to, it provides a great base for a very comfortable family day on the water.
I took my wife to test drive ours and her response was..."I didn't want to like this boat but I have to say, it's a really nice boat!". It's sporty enough to be fun but extremely functional.
Not the same as running around in a Daytona all day but hey, I'm a dad and now a grandpa.
Magic CMG 1 0422.jpg

Last edited:

MK1MOD0

Reaction score
I don’t understand all the hate, but whatever. Guess I’m not a boat snob the likes to bust on others boats. There are a lot of 28 Magicas on the lower river. Nice all around family boats. Lots of room and seem to perform well. People that own them seem to enjoy them , so that’s saying something.

Riverryder

Reaction score
@MK1MOD0 relax.. it’s not hate it’s all fun and games. If someone can’t be hazed they fit in prefect with todays world….

MK1MOD0

Reaction score
Hmmmm. Riverryder, since when is baggin on someone else’s boat fun ? This seems to be the norm now on RDP. But whatever makes ya happy. Carry on.

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
your correct. It does 72 with 2 people. Thats with a GPS and all the time. Your thinking under 60? come on....I had one for 10 years.
Best I have seen in a magic with a HO is 58 on gps 4 people half tanks normal shit on the boat in July.

Might do 70 in Feb with 5 gallons and nothing in the boat lol.

Riverryder

Reaction score
@MK1MOD0

Not one person has said anythin about anyones boat? Just stated the obvious?
The mph joke was a jab at the boat that tried to out run the 230k 800hp boom boom.

Like I said relax. Everything is going to be okay..

Magic2K10

Reaction score
Thanks to all who have given me answers to the meet up, I'm sure most people like myself sit in the channel and check out all the boats and many of them I really don't like and would never own ,, but to each is own, everyone has different taste and needs for the boat of there dreams, I have been coming to Havasu for 40 years and always wanted a magic the first time I seen one, I finally pulled the trigger and found the perfect boat for myself and my family, this boat has been great , no it don't do 100 mph, but who needs that when you have precious cargo, I guarantee when someone finally builds this boat again , it will be sold many times again, too all , have a safe time on the water and have fun ...

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
Thanks to all who have given me answers to the meet up, I'm sure most people like myself sit in the channel and check out all the boats and many of them I really don't like and would never own ,, but to each is own, everyone has different taste and needs for the boat of there dreams, I have been coming to Havasu for 40 years and always wanted a magic the first time I seen one, I finally pulled the trigger and found the perfect boat for myself and my family, this boat has been great , no it don't do 100 mph, but who needs that when you have precious cargo, I guarantee when someone finally builds this boat again , it will be sold many times again, too all , have a safe time on the water and have fun ...
This is all 100% true

MK1MOD0

Reaction score
@MK1MOD0

Not one person has said anythin about anyones boat? Just stated the obvious?
The mph joke was a jab at the boat that tried to out run the 230k 800hp boom boom.

Like I said relax. Everything is going to be okay..

I didn’t mention the mph jab. Just the overall smack talk on The brand Seems odd to me. But some people like to bag on others , whatever.

Javajoe

Reaction score
My wife and I could have wrote that. Always liked Magics. Finally bought one a year ago or so. The big joke is always regarding the 496 and top speed. Not built for speed. We love ours. Great family boat for us and our kids and grandkids. It has a 625 which it needs with all the stuff my wife’s loads up lol
99D59F77-A1C1-49A1-ADAF-835B33A7164E.png
6E441152-3C44-4F34-A000-BC837724AB16.png

JFMFG

Reaction score
Best I have seen in a magic with a HO is 58 on gps 4 people half tanks normal shit on the boat in July.

Had my magic 6 adults 4 small kids 58 me and my wife and 2 small kids 2 years and 4 months can do 62-65 any day of summer

MPHSystems

Hallett 240
Reaction score
It was just a joke, I had no idea that the "every day is a magic regatta" was a thing. It was just an observation that through the channel, every 3rd or 4th boat on the beach seems to be a magic. They are good looking boats, I have no idea how they are constructed or handle but they look nice and seem very functional.

I crack on everything, I'm brutal towards Schiada's and you should have seen the comments I took when I drove my boat into a dock and scratched the fook out of it. Funny as hell. Don't get me wrong, I was crying but the comments were funny.

counterpart7

Reaction score
I didn’t mention the mph jab. Just the overall smack talk on The brand Seems odd to me. But some people like to bag on others , whatever.
I've read through this thread like 3 times now and can't find a post where someone was "bagging on others"

There's a couple comments about every weekend being a Magic regatta(which it is), and a couple comments on the lack of color options(one of the few manufactures that had boats on the showroom floor between 05-07' so a lot of them have similar/simple/neutral colors/graphics). I don't see any hatred towards them and I bet there's more Magic owners on this forum than just about any other single manufacture.

Take a deep breathe, everyone will still wave at you in the channel. Nobody hates your Magic.

MPHSystems

Hallett 240
Reaction score
My wife and I could have wrote that. Always liked Magics. Finally bought one a year ago or so. The big joke is always regarding the 496 and top speed. Not built for speed. We love ours. Great family boat for us and our kids and grandkids. It has a 625 which it needs with all the stuff my wife’s loads up lol
That could be a thread or even an entire subfourom in and of itself.

Off the top of my head:

At least 16 lifejackets
8 fenders
Inflatable 2 man kayak
Duffel bags, I don't even want to know what's in them but I see her doing schoolwork out on the water
Lilly pad, my FIL finaly ripped it off the boat this week (we've never used it because I have no idea how to roll it up on the water but it's always on the swim step)

This is in addition to the rational things like extra coolers and towels and towables and Sea scooters.

MK1MOD0

Reaction score
I've read through this thread like 3 times now and can't find a post where someone was "bagging on others"

There's a couple comments about every weekend being a Magic regatta(which it is), and a couple comments on the lack of color options(one of the few manufactures that had boats on the showroom floor between 05-07' so a lot of them have similar/simple/neutral colors/graphics). I don't see any hatred towards them and I bet there's more Magic owners on this forum than just about any other single manufacture.

Take a deep breathe, everyone will still wave at you in the channel. Nobody hates your Magic.

I don’t own a Magic. But thanks for your concern.

Riverryder

Reaction score
@MPHSystems trick to rolling that stupid thing is 2 people and keep pressure evenly so it in the water. Hard to explain but if the bottom of the roll is in the water it’s easier to roll up and you can get it tight

Get these straps makes it easier to tie down on the back.
E655199F-CEBF-48A0-BBC8-1DB2BB4FD384.png

riverroyal

Reaction score

Again, not true. I owned one for TEN years. Wish is still did. Maybe that boat had a bravo 3? Maybe not trimmed right.
JBNSOCAL had one also. He may chime in.
Upper 60s was never ever a problem.

Edit...
I doesnt matter the top speed. The boat works the best at 55ish with passengers.
So you win. It wont go 60 cause it doesnt matter.

Great boat. End of story and thats why its a regatta every weekend

Last edited:
Reactions: DWC

JB in so cal

Reaction score
Again, not true. I owned one for TEN years. Wish is still did. Maybe that boat had a bravo 3? Maybe not trimmed right.
JBNSOCAL had one also. He may chime in.
Upper 60s was never ever a problem.

Edit...
I doesnt matter the top speed. The boat works the best at 55ish with passengers.
So you win. It wont go 60 cause it doesnt matter.

Great boat. End of story and thats why its a regatta every weekend
I concur

Royals a homo

Wizard29

43' Eliminator
Reaction score
She'll actually do high 60's with a 496 mag (non HO).
Did I forget to mention the procharger and intercooler??? (Don't tell anybody;)) View attachment 1128781
Be very gentle with that combination unless the engine internals have been upgraded. The 496 Mag has a lot of cast internals that won't react well to boost combined with any abuse. I had a 496 HO with a procharger on it and even that made me a little nervous.

On the Magic specific topic, the Magic I had (Wizard) was overall a good boat. I did crack the hull on it though to the point I was getting water in the bilge (which was what caused me to start looking for where the water was coming from and how I found the crack). Had to have it ground out and repaired. As far as I know, that boat is still running around on Havasu somewhere.

Been an Eliminator guy ever since and haven't had a hull problem yet...

Maw

Dont re Member
Reaction score
Our Magic deck dragged it's ass up to about 60-65mph, at that point (if trimmed properly) it would break free and run up to mid to upper 70s depending on fuel load and body count. That was with a 650hp 540 "BBC"/IMCO combination. Adding the Whipple made all the difference in the world. I can't say how fast it will go because I run out of balls a bit past the century mark. Rigged by Pfaff it's been a bulletproof package for a bargain basement price (LBYS deal).

Ultra247

Reaction score
Be very gentle with that combination unless the engine internals have been upgraded. The 496 Mag has a lot of cast internals that won't react well to boost combined with any abuse. I had a 496 HO with a procharger on it and even that made me a little nervous.

On the Magic specific topic, the Magic I had (Wizard) was overall a good boat. I did crack the hull on it though to the point I was getting water in the bilge (which was what caused me to start looking for where the water was coming from and how I found the crack). Had to have it ground out and repaired. As far as I know, that boat is still running around on Havasu somewhere.

I agree. I've run it for several years and I baby it. So far, it's been fairly good to me. I usually cruise in the 45-55 range. That's where the family is comfortable. I've had it dyno'd at 500 hp, which is enough that I don't struggle to ease onto plane and I can cruise between 3500 and 4000 rpm in the 40 - 55 mph range. I'm not going to win any races but I can make it around the lake and river without a problem, pretty much regardless of the traffic or conditions.

Mrhavasu

Reaction score
I had a 28 deck with a 525 and I regret selling it. It was a fun and good quality boat for the money.

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score

Whoa, "Cracked the hull..." I want to hear more on that. We chatted before about my '06 Wizard I ran hard in the ocean, jumping, etc... built solid from what I experienced but I did "shudder" that hull a few times on landings :oops:

Wizard29

43' Eliminator
Reaction score
Whoa, "Cracked the hull..." I want to hear more on that. We chatted before about my '06 Wizard I ran hard in the ocean, jumping, etc... built solid from what I experienced but I did "shudder" that hull a few times on landings :oops:
Yeah, cracked it about 1/3 of the way back on one of the strakes. Wasn't much to see on the outside, just looked like the gel was chipped away in a couple of places. On the inside it was also a little difficult to see, but you could tell there was a jagged line in the fiberglass and apparently the water was making its way through.

I wasn't really hard on it, but it did see some pounding here and there on the Mohave swells. I never did anything hard enough that was even remotely likely to break a hull though. Don't know if it just had a thin spot in just the right place or what...

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score
Yeah, cracked it about 1/3 of the way back on one of the strakes. Wasn't much to see on the outside, just looked like the gel was chipped away in a couple of places. On the inside it was also a little difficult to see, but you could tell there was a jagged line in the fiberglass and apparently the water was making its way through.

I wasn't really hard on it, but it did see some pounding here and there on the Mohave swells. I never did anything hard enough that was even remotely likely to break a hull though. Don't know if it just had a thin spot in just the right place or what...
I guess I got lucky then.... and now its out in Kona, HI continuing the Magic Wizard salt fest.