Major accident rice road. Head on.

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
Lol all of a sudden. Yet I’m the one on a soap box :rolleyes:

Danger Dave

Sarcastically Optimistic 😁
Reaction score
Wonder if the kids attorney will try for that new diversion bullshit CA has? Sad story.

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
under 21 though... last i heard it was zero tolerance on underage duis.

Yeah 2 dui's under 21?

No way that kid had an active license or an insurance company that would cover him.

Mandatory 1+ year suspension under 21 and after 2 I don't think he would get his license back for a very long time and should have had crazy fines and even jail time.

My guess is it was someone else's truck and he wasn't license.

So sad..

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
Yeah 2 dui's under 21?

No way that kid had an active license or an insurance company that would cover him.

Mandatory 1+ year suspension under 21 and after 2 I don't think he would get his license back for a very long time and should have had crazy fines and even jail time.

My guess is it was someone else's truck and he wasn't license.

So sad..
Pretty much why I said wtf earlier after told he has had 2 previous dui's. My first thought was he wasn't even licensed.:mad:
Everything you just said.......And the legal/financial burden it'll put on his mother............:(

KENDOG689

Banned
Reaction score
Diversion program after what he has done?Send him to Florida and have him park in a handicap spot.:DReally this kid needs to be off the streets for a long time.Not sure why the death penalty wouldn't apply here.

grumpy88

Reaction score
Pretty much why I said wtf earlier after told he has had 2 previous dui's. My first thought was he wasn't even licensed.:mad:
Everything you just said.......And the legal/financial burden it'll put on his mother............:(
There Will be a massive burden put on who ever is the registered owner of the truck too ! And to be clear , they deserve it !

nicole

Reaction score
I was right behind then. Mile marker 92.

Take another route.

Not sure how nobody is dead. Worst I have ever seen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is there any way you could send me any information you have? [email protected]

There is a trail going on and he keeps getting it postponed :(

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score
What a trip that this thread was brought up. Never did I think I my self would be the victim of a head on similar to the one I witnessed. I haven’t been to the river since my accident (thanksgiving day). Not sure how the family will do, and don’t think we will he taking Rice road anymore. I ran that road many years and got lucky on a few occasions.

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score
No, one of the girls killed by Austin was my best friend (white Dodge Ram)

Oh. Sorry I have no info for you. I was at a different accident about 4 miles past that one. So sorry to hear about your friend.

nicole

Reaction score
That’s where I was at. If you look close that’s me bent over the hood talking to the girl and you can see my work truck. in the other video you can see my uncle inform of the silver car.

We were the first car up on it after it happened. Actually saw it happen [emoji17]

Hello, is there any way you can send me any information or videos you may have? Austin the guy driving the red Dodge Ram, was the guy who killed my best friend. There have been multiple court cases for him and he keeps getting them postponed. Any info would help. Thank you in advanced..

[email protected]

n2otoofast4u

Reaction score
WOW........ power of this site continues to reach deeper.

Nicole feel free to come back and vent here, or give your side of the deal. Lots of compassionate folks here who frequent that road!

nicole

Reaction score
WOW........ power of this site continues to reach deeper.

Nicole feel free to come back and vent here, or give your side of the deal. Lots of compassionate folks here who frequent that road!
Thank you, we as her family and friends still struggle with her being gone while the ignorant ass hole still isn’t in jail and is out on bail.

Kailuaboy89

Aloha Airliner
Reaction score
Thank you, we as her family and friends still struggle with her being gone while the ignorant ass hole still isn’t in jail and is out on bail.
Just read the post..... Nicole I am so sorry for your loss, we are also dealing with the loss of my daughters close friend Mariah, who was in the dodge with Austin. and yea he needs to go to jail for a long time....he is one serious piece of white trash shit..

Lucky Larry

Reaction score
Just read the post..... Nicole I am so sorry for your loss, we are also dealing with the loss of my daughters close friend Mariah, who was in the dodge with Austin. and yea he needs to go to jail for a long time....he is one serious piece of white trash shit..

Lucky Larry

Reaction score
Nicole,

That POS killed our friend David as well. We were in the middle of Lake Powell when we got the news.

David was in the red Dodge. We heard white Dodge (POS) was passing over double yellow at a high rate of speed. Also heard he was drunk with priors, so how was he allowed bail, especially underage DUI?

We were also told that responders who knew David, who lived in Big River for 30 yrs., were wondering who the girl in David's truck was, since he was on his
way to his girlfriend's house. They determined she flew thru the windshield of the white truck and went thru the windshield of the red truck.

Of course our news is 2nd hand and we don't know all the facts.

David was a new friend. Trying to find reliable workers in Parker is a joke, then we found David. Not only did he know what he was doing, he was hard working and reliable. Showed up at 7:00 a.m. and put in an honest day's work. I was wondering how we could talk him into working on our jobsites in Riverside. We were looking forward to having him as a friend.

The loss for his kids and grand baby is heartbreaking.

Kailuaboy89

Aloha Airliner
Reaction score
Nicole,

That POS killed our friend David as well. We were in the middle of Lake Powell when we got the news.

David was in the red Dodge. We heard white Dodge (POS) was passing over double yellow at a high rate of speed. Also heard he was drunk with priors, so how was he allowed bail, especially underage DUI?

We were also told that responders who knew David, who lived in Big River for 30 yrs., were wondering who the girl in David's truck was, since he was on his
way to his girlfriend's house. They determined she flew thru the windshield of the white truck and went thru the windshield of the red truck.

Of course our news is 2nd hand and we don't know all the facts.

David was a new friend. Trying to find reliable workers in Parker is a joke, then we found David. Not only did he know what he was doing, he was hard working and reliable. Showed up at 7:00 a.m. and put in an honest day's work. I was wondering how we could talk him into working on our jobsites in Riverside. We were looking forward to having him as a friend.

The loss for his kids and grand baby is heartbreaking.
LL, I am very sorry for your loss as well, this is still very heartbreaking for everyone....and yea that bastard needs to be in Jail indefinitely...

nicole

Reaction score
Absolutely! So frustrating

nicole

Reaction score
LL, I am very sorry for your loss as well, this is still very heartbreaking for everyone....and yea that bastard needs to be in Jail indefinitely...
LL, can you send me your email address or email me? [email protected]

We are writing letters to the DA to stop having Austin’s hearings postpone. Send me an email and I can Send you the information. He’s next hearing is feb 26th so if you can get the letter/ info in ASAP that would be amazing! My heart goes out to you all. I teuly Feel your pain.

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
So did he have a valid license? Seems like it would be impossible with a prior DUI at that age.

nicole

Reaction score
So did he have a valid license? Seems like it would be impossible with a prior DUI at that age.
He had a license, however he was a registered felon. He lost his license when he refused a breathalyzer when all this happened...he’s a real winner...NOT

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
Crazy how bad a dui can ruin someone’s life. Thank god I never killed or hurt anyone. I just paid another 4K to have them dismissed from my record. Haven’t had a drop in over five years but I’m still paying for the crime. Both financially and with my career. Just don’t do it.

rrrr

Reaction score
Most of us are old enough to have grown up driving on two lane highways. We watched and learned from our parents about when and how to pass on these roads. I think some of the youngsters out there may have little or no experience on two lane highways.

I've been rereading this thread and came across this post. Without a doubt this is one of the main reasons head-on collisions happen.

In the 60s I watched my dad pass cars on two lane Route 66. Back then drivers had the experience, and could determine the closing rate of an oncoming car. I learned how it worked, and the education was needed because even into the 70s there were a bunch of two lane highways in New Mexico.

Think about this. If you are going 80 MPH and pull out to pass, an oncoming car going 80 MPH is closing the distance between the two cars at a rate of 240 feet per second. It will take just 11 seconds to reduce a 1/2 mile gap to zero.

Today's drivers have no experience at all in passing cars. When they pull out to pass, they have no idea how long it will take or how much distance it will cover.

wallnutz

Reaction score
I've been rereading this thread and came across this post. Without a doubt this is one of the main reasons head-on collisions happen.

In the 60s I watched my dad pass cars on two lane Route 66. Back then drivers had the experience, and could determine the closing rate of an oncoming car. I learned how it worked, and the education was needed because even into the 70s there were a bunch of two lane highways in New Mexico.

Think about this. If you are going 80 MPH and pull out to pass, an oncoming car going 80 MPH is closing the distance between the two cars at a rate of 240 feet per second. It will take just 11 seconds to reduce a 1/2 mile gap to zero.

Today's drivers have no experience at all in passing cars. When they pull out to pass, they have no idea how long it will take or how much distance it will cover.
This thread really bums me out with such a preventable deaths.

I would like to see some kind of drivers ED mandatory, with at least 5 hrs of simulator driving with a bunch of everyday and highway scenarios.

Lucky Larry

Reaction score
Ok, now I ain't saying I'm old, but I've been going to the water since the road to Havasu was dirt (and no, it wasn't in a horse and buggy).

Driven Rice Rd. too many times to count. Had a guy pass me while some a-hole passed him on the shoulder on a Memorial weekend. Yes, 3 wide on the 2 lane.

Since David's death June 2018 we've only driven Rice twice, middle of the day, middle of the week and had a black Range Rover pass me on a double yellow - for what? To get there 5 minutes sooner? Another guy almost creamed a family in front of us on the way to Laughlin, just before the Ag station.

We heard this POS was pushing 100 mph, crossing a double yellow. Is it really worth the risk to get there 5 to 10 minutes sooner?

And Nicole, I'll email you shortly.

Havasu blue label

Reaction score
You really don't get there sooner going 90 plus be safe remember are kids are driving that route now just be safe and don't drink and drive can't wait for some good weather

lbhsbz

Reaction score

Drunk fucks not withstanding, you make a very good point. I cringe when I see 2 cars passing me in a row on a 2 lane road....my Dad always used to bitch about that when I was a kid while driving to the river. If he was passing a line of cars and someone pulled out to pass in front of him, he'd fall in line until it was clear again.

Hallett_Whacker

Reaction score
I watched a black Dodge 1500 pass an RV on double yellows and force the coach off the road and on the shoulder. Fortunately the guy in the RV knew what he was doing and kept nice control of the rig (he was probably looking in the mirror and ahead and anticipated it happening).

Nothing happened, but in the word of our POTUS, "it could have been bad, very bad."

I made that my last drive on Rice--now it's Blythe for me.

And how many times have we seen the checkpoints coming into Earp BEFORE a big weekend with shit tons of people being loaded into the drunk wagons?

Lucky Larry

Reaction score
So it was June 29th of last year that this accident happened. RIP David Chance and to Mariah.

Nicole ~ have you any updates on this case/trial? I had emailed you months ago but never got a reply. Larry lost info. on his phone, so we no longer have David’s gf’s number.

Any update would be appreciated.

Thank you & safe travels to all ✝️

AND DON’T DRINK & DRIVE !!!

Lucky’s Wife”

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
Does anyone here truly believe the holiday scum bags we see at the launch ramps, on the river and on the lake drive Ehrenburg? Nuff said.

lbhsbz

Reaction score
Does anyone here truly believe the holiday scum bags we see at the launch ramps, on the river and on the lake drive Ehrenburg? Nuff said.

No, only the sane people do. I run rice road on off weekends....otherwise I take my time on the AZ side.

84miller

Reaction score
My car broke down heading west on the 10 in indio and I had to be towed. Tow truck driver normally works out of Blythe, but his parents owned a towing business in indio and he was helping out that day. We discuss Rice Road, he said stay off that route. He stated, there are more deaths on that road that you never hear about as they do not make the news. Plus if you do have an issue, the response times, can led to your death. I have taken Rice Road since the early 70's. I take Edenburg into Parker and feel much safer. I have seen it all on Rice Road and it is not going to get better. Number one problem, people from Southern CA, do not know how to safely pass a car on a two lane highway, which is a Havasu 95 issue also.

84miller

Reaction score
Last time I did the math, the cost of trackage for the CA bullet train was running about $21,000 per foot. If it survives, when the southern portion through the mountains is built, tunneling costs will easily exceed $75,000 per foot.

CalTrans is planning to use four tunnel boring machines similar to one currently being used for subway construction in Seattle. It cost $80 million.

Bullet train is dead and CA needs to payback the federal funds and the Trump admin is going after that money. The project was a scam that took money to pay back democratic contributors. If it was ever a serious project they would have started the build in LA or SF, not the unpopulated portion of the state.

Havasu blue label

Reaction score
I agree one of are friends pipeline co collected millions on that project never order the pipe just dug trenches on a t and m for state surveys it's calif bunch of idiots in Sacramento handed checks