WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Make Sure You're Protected

Dettom

Reaction score
Awesome this needs to happen more often fuck the sheep good for you!!!
When confronted by a Karen at the grocery store, it went like this..
Karen : While looking at me disgustingly, says, “ I can’t believe you’re not wearing a mask”!
Me: “Well, I can’t believe your dad didn’t wear a condom”.
Karen stomps off, with a gasp, totally offended..

paradise

Spooner
Reaction score
O.K. so what if every business does comply with a Mandate, and enforces it to the letter of the Law? biden is talking about a 100 day Nationwide Mask deal. I have no idea how it will be enforced but it all comes down to the Business Management and that goes for hiring Illegals. When the Business is held responsible for the Enforcement or face severe penalities IMO they will comply. I at this point in my life I am Not going to get all worked up and make things More Stressful than they already are. This Covid deal is so far above and beyond Submitting than everything else, that I understand that this is not about me but about others. I want at the end of the day be able to say, Hey I did my part to hopeully come to an End of this Nightmare and get back to Normal if that will ever be. The Poor Business owner is going to be the one who suffere one way or another,I want to try to help him out in this situation that is the last thing he could ever imagine. What is the saying in here? "You do you and I'll do me"
If everyone had the defeatist attitude of well the government is going to make it official and there’s nothing that I can do about it so I might as well go along with it we would still be ruled by the English. On top of that if we continue down that path with this do we think that Newsom or Garcetti are ever going to give us any reprieve from these requirements? No, they love the control. They love the power.

I can tell you that I see a lot of people begrudgingly put on masks as they walk through the front door and immediately rip them off as they’re walking out the exit at stores. It would seem to me that those people don’t want to wear masks nor do they think they are a good idea. They are just wearing them to go along with the flow and not stir the pot. In my opinion if enough of those people said you know what I’m going to make a stand and not go to that store anymore there would be far more pressure on the government to change the rules and make it the business owners decision.

In that sort of free market system where it truly is the business owners decision I will go and open a store down the street that doesn’t require masks. And I will pick up that business that the other store is losing. At that point the market decides who the winner is. If 99% of the people only want to go to a store that requires masks then my store is going to go out of business. On the other hand, if the market decides they they don’t like masks then my store will do just fine.

The long and short of it is I agree with you 100%. You do you and I will do me. My problem is when the government tells me here is what you must do. I’ve heard some people say that this is a silly thing to fall on your sword for but I personally see this as a dramatic shift in the government’s control over your personal choices.

Last edited:

500bbc

Reaction score
Experienced my first KAREN on Tuesday. The wife and I went to Walmart to get Christmas ornaments. One lady looking Christmas lights blocking the isle, another lady walks up trying to get by her. The first lady starts yelling "6' get back", the other lady says "I'm just trying to get by". Lady starts yelling again "6' RULE GET BACK YOU COULD INFECT ME". Other lady backs up a little, she yells again "6' ITS THE LAW". I couldnt take it anymore as I was waiting to look at lights also. So me being me, I pipe up, "quit fukn yelling nobody wants to listen to you". She yells at me "you have to be 6' it's the law". Me "show me the law, your full of shit! If your that fukn scared why are you here, stay home!" She says, "I need to shop." Me, "no you dont, call, they will deliver this shit, or curbside pick up." She starts yelling again. I raise my voice, pretty loud, "listen lady, if your that worried stay home, nobody wants to listen to your shit, the virus isnt going to kill you and the 6' is bullshit, keep your muzzle on that should make you safe, the rest of us are over this bullshit!" Everyone around starts to clap a cheer! My wife grabs my arm and said let's go look at ornaments. So we walk a couple isles over. I'm standing with the cart at the end of the isle. And here she comes. She walks about 3' away from me, turns around, sees me, she says "oh I'll go around." I tell her "it's ok, you can go by. I'm not going to yell and make scene like you." She starts going off on me on how she had it 3mo ago and is still on oxygen cause of it! I called bullshit and asked where her tank was. She got pissed and stormed off.. this is all within about a 5min window. As she is walking off the lady that she was originally yelling at comes up and thanks me and shakes my hand along with a bout 10 others that came over and said "thanks, I really wanted to say something to her, I'm glad you actually did!" Needless to say my wife is just shaking her head..🤣

Sometimes my "outloud" voice gets the best of me. I can only keep quiet so long..lol
Now that is exactly why the asshole politicians will keep up with their mandates.

76sanger

Reaction score
Isn't it in Denmark where they just did a scientific study that proved that masks do not do what the claims of our medical doctors tell us they do? The F@#cking Democrats say it's all about science, we trust science, bla,bla,bla....only if it advances there agenda.

liv4riv

Reaction score
An old American Indian one told me if the government says you need something you really don't need it.
Reminded me of the blankets the us government gave to the Indians and how that turned out for them.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
So my daughter was in direct contact with someone that had it (Sunday). He didn't know at the time he had it, but called her a few days later, after he did a quick test cause he was sick as a dog, and told her she most likely has it now. He called her Tuesday at midnight. She went to the beach with an old friend on Monday.

She doesn't have a fever or symptoms yet, but we do have her in her room. I'm gonna guess I've been exposed to it through her. So now we just have sit and wait.

Meanwhile...

I NEED to go to the store in a few minutes.

Let's say I DO have it, and am contagious right now.

Want me to go to the store with no mask? To the gas station? Do the things I need to to for us to have food to eat? Last time I tried to order groceries online, it was a week or so out for a delivery. Don't know what it is now.

Let's say that guy never called her to tell her, and we were all just running around thinking life was good. Instead of staying with me, she would be at her dorm, and infecting all the other girls there, unknowingly. Who knows how it could play out in that situation, but man, it wouldn't be good.

I have no clue if I have it or not, but I'm gonna act like I do, and wear a mask anytime I'm outside the house. I think it's the right thing to do.

Everything is not always what you have in your mind it is.

I hope she doesn't have it, and we don't get it. I hope the friend she went to the beach with doesn't get it. I hope the guy she was in contact with, doesn't have any issues and didn't infect anyone else. She will get tested on Monday (that will be 8 days since she hung out with the sick guy).

We shall see how this plays out...

Peace.

paradise

Spooner
Reaction score
So my daughter was in direct contact with someone that had it (Sunday). He didn't know at the time he had it, but called her a few days later, after he did a quick test cause he was sick as a dog, and told her she most likely has it now. He called her Tuesday at midnight. She went to the beach with an old friend on Monday.

She doesn't have a fever or symptoms yet, but we do have her in her room. I'm gonna guess I've been exposed to it through her. So now we just have sit and wait.

Meanwhile...

Want me to go to the store with no mask? To the gas station? Do the things I need to to for us to have food to eat? Last time I tried to order groceries online, it was a week or so out for a delivery. Don't know what it is now.

Let's say that guy never called her to tell her, and we were all just running around thinking life was good. Instead of staying with me, she would be at her dorm, and infecting all the other girls there, unknowingly. Who knows how it could play out in that situation, but man, it wouldn't be good.

I have no clue if I have it or not, but I'm gonna act like I do, and wear a mask anytime I'm outside the house. I think it's the right thing to do.

I hope she doesn't have it, and we don't get it. I hope the friend she went to the beach with doesn't get it. I hope the guy she was in contact with, doesn't have any issues and didn't infect anyone else. She will get tested on Monday (that will be 8 days since she hung out with the sick guy).

Peace.
What would you have done in 2019 if your daughter had the flu? Do the same thing, have the same commonsense approach as you probably used then.

Another question for you, do you think your mask is going to stop anything?

edit: By the way, isn’t this exactly what looking glass and I were talking about? If you wanna wear a mask, by all means go for it! 👍

boatdoc55

Rest Easy Retired Boat Mechanic 😢🚤
Reaction score

Meanwhile...

Peace.
As has been said "so now your going to die" Jeesh get a grip!!! Wearing a mask is your choice but wearing a mask thinking it's going to do something, is like trying to stop the river at Parker with a volleyball net.

robby dmax

Reaction score
I saw a guy on a Harley wearing a mask but no helmet
Well if he does crash he will be safe form the virus as he has his mask on... may not have any Brains left but he’ll be safe!!

Havasu Surfer

Reaction score

Meanwhile...

Peace.

Got news for you, if you didn’t get it on this occasion you will eventually get it. Throw in the vaccine and there is still a chance, though reduced. Herd immunity is going to be everyone’s experience/solution. Then we will have COVID 20 and so on. The vaccines will always trail the very smart viruses. As vaccines improve along with your antibodies you will build a defense and the strong will survive. Yes I agree it appears to be more contagious than the flu but stop kidding yourself that a mask has an effective role in any of this. All perception and placebo effect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

just_floatin

Reaction score
^ To vax or not to vax. That is a thread in itself. I will get my fake vaccine card when the time comes like my first ID card. At the swap meet.

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
Got news for you, if you didn’t get it on this occasion you will eventually get it. Throw in the vaccine and there is still a chance, though reduced. Herd immunity is going to be everyone’s experience/solution. Then we will have COVID 20 and so on. The vaccines will always trail the very smart viruses. As vaccines improve along with your antibodies you will build a defense and the strong will survive. Yes I agree it appears to be more contagious than the flu but stop kidding yourself that a mask has an effective role in any of this. All perception and placebo effect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The truth is, its likely NOT anymore contagious than the flu. We don't set up seasonal flu testing sites and stabbing the general public every years, symptoms or not do we? The flu is just like COVID in the regard that most that get it just develop a little cough and sniffle, if that. Those people LIKELY would never go to get tested for the flu or go get tested just cause they were around somebody that had the flu. The data sets are FAR too skewed to be able to directly compare the 2 contagion rates.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Happy Smitty

Reaction score
My office had an outbreak. I was there, should have caught it but didn't. My wife had it, I definitely should have caught it but didn't. Tested negative for antibodies after all this so I know I'm not asymptomatic, I just never caught it. And I don't even obey the guidelines like a good citizen should.