WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Make your voice heard! Regulations coming to Parker

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
553B7DF8-9695-4D6F-A884-D5367011AC2C.jpeg

Thunderhead1

Reaction score
They did it in the Gorge and the bend at Topock on Havasu... Likely will be seeing new Buoys in Parker. Parker folks better get involved.

Advantage 1

Reaction score
Wow! This shit happens and Moovalya Lake will be one big tube float :mad:

Backlash

Reaction score
If this happens, it's only a matter of time before that buoy zone gets extended from dam to dam. The Parker Strip will never be the same again if this happens. Folks better be paying attention to this shit. Look what they did to the area north of the Bluewater back in the day.....no wake zone for days for no reason whatsoever.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
I'm not familiar with the area. But do you think it'll turn the entire width of river into no wake or just the shorelines?

Backlash

Reaction score
BingerFang, that corner is no different than any of the other corner on the Strip. Look at the channel on the west side of River Island. What is it, 75' wide at its narrowest?? Boats come and go just fine, even with a marina entrance to the northwest. As long as you know the channel. If you proceed northbound on the east side of the buoys, west of the island, you WILL hit bottom. So if the River Island channel doesn't need a no-wake zone for being as narrow as it is, neither does this area. People just need to pull their heads out, slow down to a reasonable pace, and pay attention. We dont need more regulations on the water.....we need people to fucking pay attention. Plain and simple.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
I would advise all the HOA’s Real Estate companies, Bar owners, Business owners, board of tourism to get together ASAP and curb this Immediately!

"How" would be the first question that come to mind...

Since from that post it looks like The Sherrifs Department is taking the lead, is it even worth contacting them? Are their minds made up?

What would be the correct contact information for/to the coast guard on this?

Thanks.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
A no wake zone would absolutely make the situation worse.. You’d have boats running over each other during the day and god help you at night

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
"How" would be the first question that come to mind...

Since from that post it looks like The Sherrifs Department is taking the lead, is it even worth contacting them? Are their minds made up?

What would be the correct contact information for/to the coast guard on this?

Thanks.

I am going to inquire about that today. My hope is that Dave Plunkett or the board of tourism heads this up, and gets rid of it. If they don’t then I’ll start looking into it.

My first point of contact though would be the actual Sherriff of Parker / La Paz though.

Schlect works for him..

BingerFang

Reaction score
BingerFang, that corner is no different than any of the other corner on the Strip. Look at the channel on the west side of River Island. What is it, 75' wide at its narrowest?? Boats come and go just fine, even with a marina entrance to the northwest. As long as you know the channel. If you proceed northbound on the east side of the buoys, west of the island, you WILL hit bottom. So if the River Island channel doesn't need a no-wake zone for being as narrow as it is, neither does this area. People just need to pull their heads out, slow down to a reasonable pace, and pay attention. We dont need more regulations on the water.....we need people to fucking pay attention. Plain and simple.

I agree! But good luck getting stupid people to pay more attention. They ruin the fun for the responsible people like you and I.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
I am going to inquire about that today. My hope is that Dave Plunkett or the board of tourism heads this up, and gets rid of it. If they don’t then I’ll start looking into it.

My first point of contact though would be the actual Sherriff of Parker / La Paz though.

Schlect works for him..

Thanks for checking it out. Cooler heads Should prevail. Hopefully.

mbrown2

Reaction score
People just need to adjust their speed for the conditions and traffic there. If anyone finds a source/person we should be writing/emailing to please share. I will write and share with my HOA and others so they hear what river owners think.

mesquito_creek

Reaction score
Two sheriff's boats and a pair of radios will effectively turn it into a no wake zone this up coming weekend regardless... Here is what to expect on your ticket...

5-341. Negligent operation of watercraft or water skis; restriction in operation of watercraft; violation; classification
5-343. Speed restrictions; excessive wake

coolchange

Lower level functionary
Reaction score
Last weekend was a shitshow.
If this coming holiday weekend is a repeat, and it happens again, or somebody gets seriously hurt, or dies, you're going to have a tough battle.
Why don't the sheriff's just post up there, and start citing people.
They can sit outside the bars at night and wait for people to leave. They can sure as hell make that a ticket zone.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Our HOA in the Keys is about as useful as a screen door in a submarine.

Sucjs to hear that it has turned into that. Used to be a great HOA back in the day. Then everyone got old and tried to turn it into a retirement community..

Backlash

Reaction score
Anyone with a connection to ANYTHING related to high performance boating needs to get involved here. And with a huge show of force.

I'm sure the name "Boostpower Kayaks" and "Teague Custom Paddles" aren't what Alexi and Bob and others had in mind.

🤣

Deckin Around

Reaction score
Sucjs to hear that it has turned into that. Used to be a great HOA back in the day. Then everyone got old and tried to turn it into a retirement community..
Currently fighting an increase that conveniently gives Heather the manager a $10k/yr raise to write more parking tickets.:rolleyes:

LazyLavey

Reaction score
There is several no wake zones at the Delta generally within 200 feet of any docks .. and some much further

I know it's entirely different landscape and different in size but I'd bet this will be coming soon to Parker if the collisions continue... in fact probably too late

Reactions: EPL

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Last weekend was a shitshow.
If this coming holiday weekend is a repeat, and it happens again, or somebody gets seriously hurt, or dies, you're going to have a tough battle.
Why don't the sheriff's just post up there, and start citing people.
They can sit outside the bars at night and wait for people to leave. They can sure as hell make that a ticket zone.

And enforce the existing laws??

What a concept!

Reaction score
Two sheriff's boats and a pair of radios will effectively turn it into a no wake zone this up coming weekend regardless... Here is what to expect on your ticket...

5-341. Negligent operation of watercraft or water skis; restriction in operation of watercraft; violation; classification
5-343. Speed restrictions; excessive wake

would you happen to know the momentary fine for those two infractions ? asking for a friend.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
OK, whoever posted the chop of the blown fuel hydro blasting by Fox's docks, with the baby sleeping, needs to make it dissappear...full on Clinton style.

That will be their poster child!

t&y

t&y
Reaction score
Word around the cop shop is that they will be enforcing this weekend heavily. They will also be required to wear their JackBoots and have been given orders to stomp the gel of every boat that enters or leaves the area for tracking purposes.

Best if everyone just stays home.:cool:

ka0tyk

Warlock Performance Boats Merchandise Connections
Reaction score
Trying to target any particular boat will just end badly for all... "omg its the wake boats! "omg its the speed boats!" will just cause all boats to get the shaft. Any "law" at this point is a bad one. If anything just more marine police presence during crowded times should be more than enough. It'll make law enforcement happy because they'll get more budget, residents will appreciate the increased security, and the rest of us can go on with our lives assuming you're not an idiot breaking the already existing laws in the first place.

HBCraig

Reaction score
There is several no wake zones at the Delta generally within 200 feet of any docks .. and some much further

I know it's entirely different landscape and different in size but I'd bet this will be coming soon to Parker if the collisions continue... in fact probably too late
View attachment 877890
How long is the no wake zone on the Delta thats up by the Delta Queen? Near downtown Sacramento

Reaction score
How long is the no wake zone on the Delta thats up by the Delta Queen? Near downtown Sacramento

think just between the two bridges and by the way there is not "several" no wake zones in the Delta think 100+

this might be a Church question.

Last edited:

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
The river will be the next Glamis ...

They will pull in a bunch of rookie LEO's to enforce laws and situations they don't understand.

The good news is, they go away after the holidays.

Hopefully this is what happens and no new laws (no wake zones, etc...) are put in place.

MSum661

Reaction score
I've noticed a small crowd of plastic kyakers and paddle boarders taking up the width of the river during the morning hours just below Foxes
and other various portions of the river. Not that it really matters with this situation....but it kinda does.

River Runnin

Reaction score
Trying to target any particular boat will just end badly for all... "omg its the wake boats! "omg its the speed boats!" will just cause all boats to get the shaft. Any "law" at this point is a bad one. If anything just more marine police presence during crowded times should be more than enough. It'll make law enforcement happy because they'll get more budget, residents will appreciate the increased security, and the rest of us can go on with our lives assuming you're not an idiot breaking the already existing laws in the first place.
Can't agree with you there! These fuck'n wake Makers have NO business on the strip, upper river, or most other bodies of water! Wanna surf the big waves? -- Go to the Fuck'n Ocean! 😑

Icky

Reaction score
Word around the cop shop is that they will be enforcing this weekend heavily. They will also be required to wear their JackBoots and have been given orders to stomp the gel of every boat that enters or leaves the area for tracking purposes.

Best if everyone just stays home.:cool:
My encounter with SBD sheriff on the water this weekend went as well as all of my encounters do. Maybe he felt bad his partner almost left prop marks in my gel so he didn't get out his JackBoot😁

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score

This 100%. It will work out just like it has worked out for guns - poorly for everyone.

They are not going to single out boat types. You do not want cops on the water tasked with figuring out what type of boat you have, and what law you broke based on boat type.

BajaT

Reaction score
So after arguably the busiest weekend ever where for the first time EVER 3 boats hit the same association docks, with no fatalities, we want to knee/jerk react and put no wake bouys in? Meanwhile, haven't people died hitting idiot rock on a less crowded weekend but no cry for buoy with blinking lights? In the past, talk about adding bouys in low water areas came with the response of who maintains/replaces. Now, a pandemic/dumb ass governor causes the river to be packed every weekend resulting in some collisions in rough water areas equates to calls for more big brother control? Property owners in Rio Lindo Shores knew what they were buying as Sundance and Fox's were going off well before that placed developed. Water always gets rough in front of their cabanas. Rather than seeing all the patrol boats stroll to the dam checking out the sites, you could have one that floats up and down in that area during the busy part of the day. Their presence alone would minimize the likelihood of this ever happening again. Speed runs would seize until evenings/back to mornings when safer conditions. Sheriff should also know that most of the property owners in Rio Lindo Shores cannot vote for him as those are vacation homes to the vast majority in there. I would hate to be sitting on my cabana and have to deal with everyone idling by....

Last edited:

Wendi

Reaction score
I had a friend who lived there for many years. Her grand children would play on that dock. Those accidents could have been alot worse had there been people sitting on the dock and enjoying the river That is a very dangerous section of the river and several accidents have happened there. We were at Foxes on Saturday and the traffic on the water was insane. It felt worse than a Holiday weekend. The wakeboard boats put off huge waves and the big 29' DCBs speeding down the middle. It is a disaster waiting to happen.

River Runnin

Reaction score
This 100%. It will work out just like it has worked out for guns - poorly for everyone.

They are not going to single out boat types. You do not want cops on the water tasked with figuring out what type of boat you have, and what law you broke based on boat type.
Now that's some funny shit right there! 😆 There's only one type of boat that is designed to MAKE & SHAPE WAVES!

MSum661

Reaction score
I'm not familiar with the area. But do you think it'll turn the entire width of river into no wake or just the shorelines?

That's a great question given that Cali is on one side of the centerline and AZ on the other.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
Now that's some funny shit right there! 😆 There's only one type of boat that is designed to MAKE & SHAPE WAVES!

And who makes that determination? EVERY boat makes a wave, some bigger than others, what is too big, how is it to be measured?

This would end up like all the car exhaust and car modification tickets. You'll just get cited in your 30 year old ski boat and let the judge sort it out. :)