WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Malibu Restaurants or surrounding area Ideas

PVHCA

Reaction score
Beckis BDAY is this Sunday, gonna take her that way for the day and needing some restaurant ideas, NOT Gladstones or Duke's, been there and their ok, don't need $$$$$ but don't mind spending good money on good food and atmosphere.

Thanks in advance.

SJP

WHTBRD
Reaction score
Cool little local place off the 1 I always drive to is Zuma sushi. Kind of easy to shoot past if you are not looking for it. Took my wife on our first date there. Pretty chill place with good sushi.

http://www.zoomasushi.net/

Activated

Deplorable
Reaction score
I haven't lived in SoCal for 15 years but I had a couple dinners here when I did? I don't remember much about the food but we had a table in the sand and I remember it being a good experience.

http://www.paradisecovemalibu.com

Mr. C

going back in time
Reaction score
If you know, Is that the place that used to have trailer for the TV show the Rockford files. Just trying to figure out if I'm thinking of the same place.

I haven't lived in SoCal for 15 years but I had a couple dinners here when I did? I don't remember much about the food but we had a table in the sand and I remember it being a good experience.

Activated

Deplorable
Reaction score
If you know, Is that the place that used to have trailer for the TV show the Rockford files. Just trying to figure out if I'm thinking of the same place.

I want to say yes for some reason but I don't remember for sure.

coolchange

Lower level functionary
Reaction score
Ya that's the Rockford place. Friend had a mobile there back in the day. There is a place across from the Malibu pier Seafood some thing, odd parking patio taco kind of place, good food, packed Sundays. Another one at Corral, Malibu seafood, good taco patio place, crowded weekends. I would try the place at the end of Westward, at free zuma. Trendy hidden TV location place. Reservations Reservations Reservations. I'm kind of a Neptune's net sort of guy, watch the surfers,bikes etc. But it will all be Packed.

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
Paradise Cove Cafe. Recall the parking was pricey but you redeemed the parking fee on your food bill. Good place, great atmosphere and definitely On The Beach.

HavasuHank

"B" team gardener
Reaction score
Why don't you stay home and give her the tubesteak? [emoji1]

KevinR

Reaction score
Geoffrey's for certain. Unique setting. Excellent food and service.

primetime

Reaction score

Love that place, a lot of stars have homes there ($1,000,000 Mobil homes)I did a remodel up there right next to Pamela andersons place. Perfect restaurant for nice dinner and walk in sand.

Jefftowz

Formerly Old School Ultra
Reaction score

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
No ones hit the slop chutes in Malibu more than the kid and they all suck.
Roll to Santa Monica.

KevinR

Reaction score
No ones hit the slop chutes in Malibu more than the kid and they all suck.
Roll to Santa Monica.

True there are a ton of great places in Santa Monica, but it's an absolute zoo on the weekends in the summer. Incredible amount of traffic and people feed into it. I know as I live next to it and have to circumnavigate the traffic and sightseers every day. :grumble:

Disagree, however with your comment that all restaurants suck in Malibu. But I may not understand your description of "slop chutes".

Willie B

aberrant member
Reaction score
...Le Village Cafe...

... Behind Vintage Grocers...@Trancas beach just passed Zuma Beach...