WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

March 18 Ride To Topock - I have the map..

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Alright guys I got the map yesterday from Chip at Topock! We can offroad from Havasu up near Topock, but the last couple of miles are going to be on the street so your machine had better be street legal to go on this ride. After lunch and drinks at Topock I plan on taking a detour over to Havasu Heights to the new Desert Bar (Razors Ridge) for a second destination before heading back to Havasu.

My plan is to leave out of the North end of Lake Havasu Avenue around 9:00 AM, to put me at the Lowe's Parking lot around 9:30. So the current RDP plan would be to have everyone meet up at the Lowe's Parking (however you want to get there) lot at 9:30 - 10:00 am and we will head north from there and over to Topock. Have Lunch and drinks for however long the group wants too, and again from there back to Havasu Heights for a quick stop then back homewards.

RD - Ranger
Mike L - XP1K4T
ClearMax - XP1k4T

Add your name and vehicle here!

Off road map..jpg

Singleton

Reaction score
RD - Ranger
Mike L - XP1K4T
ClearMax - XP1k4T
Singleton - JKRU (wife + 5yo daughter)

Wmc

The Mayor
Reaction score
RD - Ranger
Mike L - XP1K4T
ClearMax - XP1k4T
Wmc & Wendi XP1K4T
Billy aka Crash Can Am 1000 not street legal

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I suppose Billy could leave it at the trail head where it meets the road, and he can just jump in the bed of mine while we have lunch? Then take him back to it or something? I don't know what else he could do..

RD

WaterMike

Reaction score
Ran this same section from pilot to Topock 66 on their Poker run a few months ago. Super fun wash. Think there will be any issues with being registered "Primarily Offroad?" I have insurance on my 900, liability I think, but never really drive on the street.

Andy01

Reaction score
What's up with fix it tickets for turn signals and such. BLM will be there lying in wait. If you don't think the BLM is reading this and planning around this event you must be new, welcome. :D

Joker

Reaction score
What's up with fix it tickets for turn signals and such. BLM will be there lying in wait. If you don't think the BLM is reading this and planning around this event you must be new, welcome. :D

Last I heard from ADOT is that turn signals are not required but you must use hand signals. Horns are required. Windshields are not.

glamis0812

Reaction score
Are you guys having to bring extra gas for this?

mjc

Retired Neighbor
Reaction score
How do you get up to the starting place at the 40?

Singleton

Reaction score
I suppose Billy could leave it at the trail head where it meets the road, and he can just jump in the bed of mine while we have lunch? Then take him back to it or something? I don't know what else he could do..

RD

I will have room for 2 to shuttle to Topock from start of street legal section

Reactions: Wmc

Meaney77

Reaction score
Curious how many miles? Looks like a good time.

Reaction score
We are definitely in for this ride and have done in a few times over the last year. The only issue I see with the provided map is that we will end up going through private land. I'm not significantly worried about it, but keep it in mind. There is another trail that runs parallel to the south side of the 40 that will take us all the way to Topock Rd (mile marker 1) that has a bridge to go over the 40.

My guess is that the mileage, excluding the Havasu Heights portion, is only about 55-65 miles round trip (depending). There is no need to gas up, but if needed you could do it at the gas stations of 40/95.

I do not have a Lowerance, but I do run the Ride Command app on my phone thanks to my Mob Armor setup. Overall its definitely a fun ride.

RD - Ranger
Mike L - XP1K4T
ClearMax - XP1k4T
Wmc & Wendi XP1K4T
Hplavey
Robert aka ExecDec & Ultra247 +2: XP1K4

Pic for fun!
IMG_5667.JPG

plaster dave

Face down A$$ up
Reaction score
RD - Ranger
Mike L - XP1K4T
ClearMax - XP1k4T
Wmc & Wendi XP1K4T
Hplavey
Plaster Dave and family-xp1k4

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
We are definitely in for this ride and have done in a few times over the last year. The only issue I see with the provided map is that we will end up going through private land. I'm not significantly worried about it, but keep it in mind. There is another trail that runs parallel to the south side of the 40 that will take us all the way to Topock Rd (mile marker 1) that has a bridge to go over the 40.

My guess is that the mileage, excluding the Havasu Heights portion, is only about 55-65 miles round trip (depending). There is no need to gas up, but if needed you could do it at the gas stations of 40/95.

I do not have a Lowerance, but I do run the Ride Command app on my phone thanks to my Mob Armor setup. Overall its definitely a fun ride.

RD - Ranger
Mike L - XP1K4T
ClearMax - XP1k4T
Wmc & Wendi XP1K4T
Hplavey

Pic for fun!
View attachment 543334

His question I think is - how are we getting from Lowes to the 40

You run up back behind lowes and theirs trails that take you North. It's pretty easy.

RD

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score

RD - Ranger
Mike L - XP1K4T
ClearMax - XP1k4T
Wmc & Wendi XP1K4T
Hplavey

Pic for fun!
View attachment 543334

Are you sure on the southside of the 40 it isn't refuge land?

RD

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
RD - Ranger
Mike L - XP1K4T
ClearMax - XP1k4T
Wmc & Wendi XP1K4T
Hplavey
Bpracing-can am commander

Taboma

Reaction score
Parts of it is. Below is the map I have used in the past
View attachment 543488

Hold on, let me get my magnifying glass :D Closer inspection seems to reveal that the route through hole in the rock (South of I40) arrives at points near Topock where I see the words "Closed" stacked on top of each other.
Sheesh you guys and your damned phones, doesn't anybody use a real computer anymore :D
I'm just joking with you and appreciate your post, but I go through this with our local offroad group on Facebook, they post routes from their phones only slightly more useful than a blank brown background :rolleyes --- So in that respect, yours is an improvement :thumbsup

Singleton

Reaction score
Hold on, let me get my magnifying glass :D Closer inspection seems to reveal that the route through hole in the rock (South of I40) arrives at points near Topock where I see the words "Closed" stacked on top of each other.
Sheesh you guys and your damned phones, doesn't anybody use a real computer anymore :D
I'm just joking with you and appreciate your post, but I go through this with our local offroad group on Facebook, they post routes from their phones only slightly more useful than a blank brown background :rolleyes --- So in that respect, yours is an improvement :thumbsup

That is a photo I received 2 years ago. I am trying to move the trails into my navigation app so it is viewable.
Routes in green are good to go, the closed trail markers used to be trails you could take but are now closed (BLM).

underpressure

Reaction score
RD - Ranger
Mike L - XP1K4T
ClearMax - XP1k4T
Wmc & Wendi XP1K4T
Hplavey
Underpressure RZR XP1K

Taboma

Reaction score
That is a photo I received 2 years ago. I am trying to move the trails into my navigation app so it is viewable.
Routes in green are good to go, the closed trail markers used to be trails you could take but are now closed (BLM).

Oh, OK thought the left hand green trails were running into closed portions.

throttle

c ya on da lake
Reaction score
I wish I could join in on this run, I gotta work... maybe one of these days I will get together with the crew again...

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
RD - Ranger
Mike L - XP1K4T
ClearMax - XP1k4T
Wmc & Wendi XP1K4T
Hplavey
Underpressure RZR XP1K
TPC XPT and an open seat

TPC
I have a seat for Brian if he needs it.

Can we catch that trail from Craggy Wash?

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I may need that seat TPC.. lol. I had a bearing go out in the transmission so I am getting started on it this week and upgrading to HD bearings throughout.

plaster dave

Face down A$$ up
Reaction score
I may need that seat TPC.. lol. I had a bearing go out in the transmission so I am getting started on it this week and upgrading to HD bearings throughout.

Right now I have 1 seat available

Timmmmmy

Reaction score

So that was the noise you were hearing

Wmc

The Mayor
Reaction score
Is that the noise that we heard from Wednesday night? When you got the flat?

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
No.. lol. that's something else that i gotta figure out. I need to tear down the car and put it back together

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
Polaris's are like boats,,,, it's always something.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Dave
You got 2 weeks. I hope you get it fixed.

Barker called me this morning and told me to drive it over tomorrow am. It will get fixed. I also have two shops that said they would squeeze it in as well, or I was gonna do it myself.

glamis0812

Reaction score
I'm in, 2 cars
Glamis0812 - XP4T
Wife's rzr - XP4T

Andy01

Reaction score
I'm in with the girls and Christina.

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
I'm in, 2 cars
Glamis0812 - XP4T
Wife's rzr - XP4T

RD - Ranger
Mike L - XP1K4T
ClearMax - XP1k4T
Wmc & Wendi XP1K4T
Hplavey
Underpressure RZR XP1K
TPC XPT and an open seat
Glamis0812 - XP4T
Wife's rzr - XP4T

Pinball

Reaction score
Would be cool if someone that does this ride can save off the GPS track for later sharing. :)

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
How's your ranger doing? Think it will be ready?

Yes it will be ready. Unfortunately Thos whole thing has turned into kind of a big mess and my buddy Barker is kinda taking it in the ass a little bit while this thing fills up his garage while I wait on parts.. Has me kinda bummed out, but yes the machine will be finished mid next week

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
Rd are you going to start a new thread with the details of where and when to meet. The map we are using, and any other agenda items? Or is this a meet here at this time and we will go from there type dealio? Either way I am in, jist need to know when and where to meet for the start?

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Rd are you going to start a new thread with the details of where and when to meet. The map we are using, and any other agenda items? Or is this a meet here at this time and we will go from there type dealio? Either way I am in, jist need to know when and where to meet for the start?

It was in the first post of the thread. You can either meet at the North end of Lake Havasu Avenue at 9:00 or the Lowes Parking lot at (9:30 - 10)

My plan is to leave out of the North end of Lake Havasu Avenue around 9:00 AM, to put me at the Lowe's Parking lot around 9:30. So the current RDP plan would be to have everyone meet up at the Lowe's Parking (however you want to get there) lot at 9:30 - 10:00 am and we will head north from there and over to Topock. Have Lunch and drinks for however long the group wants too, and again from there back to Havasu Heights for a quick stop then back homewards.

The map that we have is also in the first post.. I'm hoping someone with a little more local knowledge than me leads the ride, but if nobody steps up I'll do it. (We might stop a few times.. LOL I get lost in a bathroom)

RD