WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

March/April

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
Going to be in Havasu for most of the next two months. Going to renovate the house a little and hope to get the RV garage going. Anything going on event wise? Also going to be looking to meet up With anyone else wiling to put up with me. LOL. FYI, this is for the wife and she will be with me. Hopefully she will make up for the pain I cause.

Rajobigguy

Reaction score
We should be there during that time. Might even try getting the boat out. We could probably do a meet and greet and have a barley pop or two.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
We will likely be around for much of that time, especially April. Goddaughter getting married in March(unless covid postpones it again) so for us that throws a wrench in our spokes for 2nd half of month timing-wise.

JFMFG

Reaction score
End of March is the river whimps spring meet up deal at pirate might cruise up just to run the boat. April is supercat fest and desert storm.

attitude

Reaction score
Boat show, supercat fest, and Desert Storm all in April

HNL2LHC

Reaction score
End of March is the river whimps spring meet up deal at pirate might cruise up just to run the boat. April is supercat fest and desert storm.

Might have to have the wife look into that since I am not a River Whips member. She = River Whips.....Me = RDP. LOL

Keep the ideaRs coming!!!!

EDIT.....just saw River Whimps. LOL

Last edited:

HNL2LHC

Reaction score
Just got word today that our tenants found a place and they WILL be out at the end of this month. THis is great news for the wife. She was so concerned that we would not have anywhere to live on the first of March. Looks like we will be in town for sure!!!!!

HNL2LHC

Reaction score
It’s Friday and the count down begins.....

1 week we head for UCSF the wife’s updated MRI
1.5 weeks land in Vegas and go furniture shopping
2 weeks our house will be available
2 weeks and 1 day the master bath renovation starts

Wish me luck guys!!!!

Taboma

Reaction score
It’s Friday and the count down begins.....

1 week we head for UCSF the wife’s updated MRI
1.5 weeks land in Vegas and go furniture shopping
2 weeks our house will be available
2 weeks and 1 day the master bath renovation starts

Wish me luck guys!!!!

You must be seriously burned out on the beauty and lifestyles of Hawaii after so many years. I struggle to imagine the motivation to leave behind the lush green and amazing ocean waters, for the dead brown desert.
Don't get me wrong, we've had our Havasu place for 25 years and love the lake when the morons head home. Problem is, they're not heading home like they used to. And sure there's a different kind of beauty surrounding the lake and certainly the water is welcoming in the heat.
But if we could be within a day's drive of Hawaii, versus Havasu, I'd have never considered going there.
Only reason we didn't relocate to the big island in mid 90's was lack of employment opportunities for both my wife and I made us nervous.

Why Havasu ? Why the desert after the lush tropical beauty of the islands ? Politics ??

HNL2LHC

Reaction score
You must be seriously burned out on the beauty and lifestyles of Hawaii after so many years. I struggle to imagine the motivation to leave behind the lush green and amazing ocean waters, for the dead brown desert.
Don't get me wrong, we've had our Havasu place for 25 years and love the lake when the morons head home. Problem is, they're not heading home like they used to. And sure there's a different kind of beauty surrounding the lake and certainly the water is welcoming in the heat.
But if we could be within a day's drive of Hawaii, versus Havasu, I'd have never considered going there.
Only reason we didn't relocate to the big island in mid 90's was lack of employment opportunities for both my wife and I made us nervous.

Why Havasu ? Why the desert after the lush tropical beauty of the islands ? Politics ??

I know right Hawaii is most people‘s dream life. LOL If you lived here you’d understand. It is a great place to visit for sure. But to live here you are constrained and things in this liberal town are changing FAST. Economy in my field is busy as ever. The challenge is that the problems of society is growing faster than ever.

There are a lot of things going on in our lives that cause us to find ways to enjoy life.

Myself - Born and raised in Hawaii
The family business is based here. I’d take at least a 30% salary cut if I changed locations.
Only one here of my generation with mother and stepmother here alone in their homes

Wife - from SoCal
parents in Laughlin and Kingman

We are empty nesters. Wife doesn’t really have anything in the islands now that she is not working. It is rough for her on the daily and not really the quality of life that she deserves. Wife grew up enjoying the desert and it fascinates me every day with the scenery. Sunsets in Havasu alone makes it better than Hawaii.

I was on the mainland for business and pleasure 7 to 11 times in a 12 month period before the Scamdemic. Sometimes only to be on one side or the other for a few days. Havasu is place between our friends and family. It allows me to not feel as I am on the road or scrambling as often or as long. It will allow pockets of a vacation life while still working.

We are not leaving Hawaii now....not sure if I will ever not have to be here for a good part of the year...but don’t tell the wife.

Taboma

Reaction score
I know right Hawaii is most people‘s dream life. LOL If you lived here you’d understand. It is a great place to visit for sure. But to live here you are constrained and things in this liberal town are changing FAST. Economy in my field is busy as ever. The challenge is that the problems of society is growing faster than ever.

There are a lot of things going on in our lives that cause us to find ways to enjoy life.

Myself - Born and raised in Hawaii
The family business is based here. I’d take at least a 30% salary cut if I changed locations.
Only one here of my generation with mother and stepmother here alone in their homes

Wife - from SoCal
parents in Laughlin and Kingman

We are empty nesters. Wife doesn’t really have anything in the islands now that she is not working. It is rough for her on the daily and not really the quality of life that she deserves. Wife grew up enjoying the desert and it fascinates me every day with the scenery. Sunsets in Havasu alone makes it better than Hawaii.

I was on the mainland for business and pleasure 7 to 11 times in a 12 month period before the Scamdemic. Sometimes only to be on one side or the other for a few days. Havasu is place between our friends and family. It allows me to not feel as I am on the road or scrambling as often or as long. It will allow pockets of a vacation life while still working.

We are not leaving Hawaii now....not sure if I will ever not have to be here for a good part of the year...but don’t tell the wife.

As long as the back and forth travel works for you, sounds like an awesome combo of different scenery and life choices 👍 👍 For sure the aspect of Island Fever was a concern of moving there and being financially tied there once we committed.
Even in the mid-90's the Kona side of Hawaii where we were ready to buy, was getting congested and some roads were getting traffic jams, causing stress and even some incidents of road rage we witnessed.
We last did even a trip to Hawaii in the later 90's, a few fly-cations later, but after 9-11 flying for me jumped the shark (Well, there was that one incident I got into at Anchorage :oops:) and I haven't put my ass on a plane in 16 years.
We prefer to drive to Havasu !!!

HNL2LHC

Reaction score
As long as the back and forth travel works for you, sounds like an awesome combo of different scenery and life choices 👍 👍 For sure the aspect of Island Fever was a concern of moving there and being financially tied there once we committed.
Even in the mid-90's the Kona side of Hawaii where we were ready to buy, was getting congested and some roads were getting traffic jams, causing stress and even some incidents of road rage we witnessed.
We last did even a trip to Hawaii in the later 90's, a few fly-cations later, but after 9-11 flying for me jumped the shark (Well, there was that one incident I got into at Anchorage :oops:) and I haven't put my ass on a plane in 16 years.
We prefer to drive to Havasu !!!

Back and forth for me has been the norm for 30 years. This will actually keep me from flying as much.

Andy B.

Reaction score
When your in Vegas if you need anything let me know I'll pm my number. I'm out of town a few days a week but Saturday and Sunday I'm here.

Good luck!

HNL2LHC

Reaction score
When your in Vegas if you need anything let me know I'll pm my number. I'm out of town a few days a week but Saturday and Sunday I'm here.

Good luck!

Thanks Andy, I appreciate it!!!!

Ace in the Hole

Reaction score
Back and forth for me has been the norm for 30 years. This will actually keep me from flying as much.

I did the flight from houston tx to HNL and back 3 weeks on 3 weeks off for 2 years, took a job back in the islands essentially bc of my wife in 2017. Left for good in 2019. We still have a car at my in-laws, surfboards etc there.. Hawaii is not what it was when i was a kid, and I have zero regrets about getting the hell out of there when we did..most of my family is there still. I'd rather go visit and have fun, than work 7 days a week to "survive." I totally get where you are coming from. We'll be in havasu in April..I just don't see march happening. I'll meet up with you for some beers. We may actually go home for a couple weeks in March to see family/friends..have some honi honi's at duke's (my buddy bartends there) and spend the rest of our time in Haleiwa. The only way I would ever go back is if we live in Haleiwa full time near a couple friends..thats a pipe dream though...and we enjoy living on the mainland and all it has to offer...

HNL2LHC

Reaction score
I did the flight from houston tx to HNL and back 3 weeks on 3 weeks off for 2 years, took a job back in the islands essentially bc of my wife in 2017. Left for good in 2019. We still have a car at my in-laws, surfboards etc there.. Hawaii is not what it was when i was a kid, and I have zero regrets about getting the hell out of there when we did..most of my family is there still. I'd rather go visit and have fun, than work 7 days a week to "survive." I totally get where you are coming from. We'll be in havasu in April..I just don't see march happening. I'll meet up with you for some beers. We may actually go home for a couple weeks in March to see family/friends..have some honi honi's at duke's (my buddy bartends there) and spend the rest of our time in Haleiwa. The only way I would ever go back is if we live in Haleiwa full time near a couple friends..thats a pipe dream though...and we enjoy living on the mainland and all it has to offer...

Funny we were just out in Haleiwa a week ago. Needed to look at a House on the beach at Sunset. Then went to dinner at the Beach House. Be sure to let us know what you are on island as well.

gqchris

Reaction score
Dont worry, there will be a million people this year just like last! Plenty to keep everyone busy and even the midweeks will have gone to shit again!

Ace in the Hole

Reaction score
Funny we were just out in Haleiwa a week ago. Needed to look at a House on the beach at Sunset. Then went to dinner at the Beach House. Be sure to let us know what you are on island as well.

We used to live out that way, Always a fan of uncle bo's and I've spent many nights at the bar at Haleiwa Joe's.. Beach house is a good spot.. always like when the front doors are open. I'd just about kill for some kahuku superette poke some days lol

HNL2LHC

Reaction score
Alright we made it into town today. Everything went well at UCSF and we are ready to have a few weeks in Havasu. We have been shopping and picking up a few things needed for the house. If anyone is having or knows of a garage sale this weekend we are looking for a couch, chairs and/or table as well wait for the furniture that we have ordered and will be here in late April.

Reactions: DWC

badgas

Reaction score
We are near Scout Dr. and Southwind. It seems like every weekded I see signs out for garage sales. We have been hauling furniture out from Commifornia as well as dealing with deliveries from retailers that only deliver on specific Saturday's...blah blah blah Covid excuses etc.

The GREAT news for you is that you will be in Havasu till late April i'm sure you will find the needed items.

Enjoy your time

BUDMAN

HAVASU BOUND
Reaction score
Going out in March a few times to finish up the boat. Then out for most of April.

DWC

Reaction score
Alright we made it into town today. Everything went well at UCSF and we are ready to have a few weeks in Havasu. We have been shopping and picking up a few things needed for the house. If anyone is having or knows of a garage sale this weekend we are looking for a couch, chairs and/or table as well wait for the furniture that we have ordered and will be here in late April.
Got into town tonight.. Conference calls until 4ish tomorrow. No couches but I’ll buy the first round

HNL2LHC

Reaction score
Got into town tonight.. Conference calls until 4ish tomorrow. No couches but I’ll buy the first round
I think that i owe you a round or two for all that you have done for me. I will check with our friend who gets back to the house later today and see what we have going on.

Havasu Surfer

Reaction score

White Sheet post all upcoming Garage Sales on last page with a map of Havasu with Addresses

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DWC

Reaction score
I think that i owe you a round or two for all that you have done for me. I will check with our friend who gets back to the house later today and see what we have going on.
PS. Thanks for the beers and the laughs. Good times.

HNL2LHC

Reaction score
PS. Thanks for the beers and the laughs. Good times.

It was a great night for sure!!! We will have to find time to get to Finney’s when they open back up.

HNL2LHC

Reaction score
I saw two different dining tables for sale in driveways in the last few days.

👍 I need to get my ass in gear. Been looking at Craigslist but the wife keeps shooting my ideas down. LOL. Monday is the day. Went shopping again today. The Yukon is stuffed to the max and the Jeep is getting there. Monday we will have empty cars again and we can start stocking the house.

HNL2LHC

Reaction score
Just picked up a dining room table. Now all we need is a couch or two....

3C3A4689-DEE6-4564-8994-652734095833.jpeg