WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Marijuana dispensaries

HEY YOU

Reaction score
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1368229297.764589.jpg It's crazy that the city will let you have 4 of them all next store to each other.

t&y

t&y
Reaction score
It will be interesting to see what cities allow them to continue to operate after the ruling last week.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
Well, I'd say it's smart. When it's time to go raid 'em they only have to go to one location....and if all owned by one entity then only one guy to get after.:cool:
The added benefit of easy customer service was an accident...lol:p

From my POS T-mobile thingie

Yldboyz

Reaction score
Oh crap, there goes the neighborhood.

C-2

Reaction score
It will be interesting to see what cities allow them to continue to operate after the ruling last week.

Yup. They are pretty much done absent the US Supreme Court.

San Bernardino is already moving on them, Riverside too.

C-2

Reaction score
Oh crap, there goes the neighborhood.

Yup. There's one right down the street from my daughter's school and since they are on borrowed time, it looks like the welfare office. Beater after beater creating traffic jams, people jaywalking across a busy street. Patients, yeah, sure.:rolleyes

Yldboyz

Reaction score
Yup. There's one right down the street from my daughter's school and since they are on borrowed time, it looks like the welfare office. Beater after beater creating traffic jams, people jaywalking across a busy street. Patients, yeah, sure.:rolleyes

I pictured it as you described it, its like the new tattoo parlor, people hanging out there all hours of the night...... just because.

t&y

t&y
Reaction score
Yup. They are pretty much done absent the US Supreme Court.

San Bernardino is already moving on them, Riverside too.

I believe the unicoorporated area's are going to be over run with them soon. Pretty much like liquor stores in the inner city, just not in the "city". Unless I misread what was passed the Cali SC only gave a city the right to ban them. Either way, I guess for the first time it will actually pay off to live in a real life city now instead of just Riverside County;)

Last edited:

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
Dispensaries are as common as Starbucks in my neighborhood...there's even one next to the fire station LOL

pronstar

Reaction score
Yup that one is on my route also, beautiful Garden Grove

Make that two near fire stations...I was talking about Belmont Shore :thumbsup

Stoner #1: Let's go burn one!
Stoner #2: Wait, that's the FIRE STATION! What the...
Stoner #1: BNAG!:)

Flyinbowtie

Reaction score
T&Y I think the counties are covered too, since the core of the decision states that "local authorities" have the right to enforce zoning, etc. If the decision doesn't cover them, it won't be long until the California Association Of Counties pushes a case through, and now that precedent is set...

HEY YOU

Reaction score
I heard Tuesday they are having meetings to close down OC shops.

Dan Lorenze

Reaction score
Question, is medicinal weed taxed?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

havasu2

Reaction score
I work in Garden Grove, couple doors down from a dispensary. Never seen so may kids with glaucoma:rolleyes
Just shake my head when their mom parks in front of our shop, as her kids go get weed.
Mayor told us they were just waiting for this ruling before the city enforces their ban. He is a retired cop, so I don't think it will go well for the dispensaries on Tuesday. :thumbsup

Last edited:

HEY YOU

Reaction score
I work in Garden Grove, couple doors down from a dispensary. Never seen so may kids with glaucoma:rolleyes
Just shake my head when their mom parks in front of our shop, as her kids go get weed.
Mayor told us they were just waiting for this ruling before the city enforces their ban. He is a retired cop, so I don't think it will go well for the dispensaries on Tuesday. :thumbsup

What cross streets do you work at?

U4ia

Reaction score
Question, is medicinal weed taxed?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Yes, sales tax at point of sale, income tax on profits, but probably the growers are getting a free ride on their income tax. No sales tax on resale items like wholesale weed. If it was fully legal like in CO, there would be more taxes collected all along the way including the growers.

From a policing and public safety standpoint it makes sense to group like businesses in one area through zoning regulations, as in you don't build a chrome plating plant in a residential neighborhood or next to a school.

HEY YOU

Reaction score
Yes, sales tax at point of sale, income tax on profits, but probably the growers are getting a free ride on their income tax. No sales tax on resale items like wholesale weed. If it was fully legal like in CO, there would be more taxes collected all along the way including the growers.

From a policing and public safety standpoint it makes sense to group like businesses in one area through zoning regulations, as in you don't build a chrome plating plant in a residential neighborhood or next to a school.

Some of these places just grow there own stuff at other locations

pronstar

Reaction score
I'm fairly certain the dispensaries are the only cash-based businesses trying to avoid paying taxes, so let's devote a lot of public resources to shut them down ;)

bluebleeder

Reaction score
The whole problem is, we as voters voted for a bill that has more grey area than black. It was poorly written for the sake of governing the law. This issue will continue to arise and will be and has been fought in NUMEROUS court battles. As soon as a city attempts to shut down dispensaries a court battle ensues and they open right back up. Look at Colorado. They took everything we did wrong and made appropriate changes in terms if taxation, policing and certifications.

^^^^^ medical marijuana advocate.

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk 2

havasu2

Reaction score
The whole problem is, we as voters voted for a bill that has more grey area than black. It was poorly written for the sake of governing the law. This issue will continue to arise and will be and has been fought in NUMEROUS court battles. As soon as a city attempts to shut down dispensaries a court battle ensues and they open right back up. Look at Colorado. They took everything we did wrong and made appropriate changes in terms if taxation, policing and certifications.

^^^^^ medical marijuana advocate.

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk 2

Lake Forest shut them down.

plaster dave

Face down A$$ up
Reaction score
The real problem with this whole deal is the Feds say its not legal to do. But in the same breath go after these shop for taxes. Hypocrites

RUNNINHOTRACING163.1

Reaction score

thmterry

Reaction score
They are closing 60 dispensary's in Garden Grove today....60 landlords not getting paid next month:eek

gmnhra

Reaction score
They are closing 60 dispensary's in Garden Grove today....60 landlords not getting paid next month:eek

landlords that have been charging 3x the going rate for cash monthly rent....
risk/reward

C-2

Reaction score
60 in GG?

That's a crazy amount of not-for-profit healing collectives. God bless all those souls for trying to help patients. :rolleyes

U4ia

Reaction score
The comments here about the abuse of "Medical" marijuana by healthy people who just want to have some fun are right on target. This is why the only honest model to follow is that of Colorado: just treat it like that other popular mild intoxicant BEER. In other words: legalization. End the hypocracy and let the states follow their own voters wishes AND collect some taxes along the way. If Colorado is able to track the drug from Seed to Sale then the illegal suppliers will be shut out of the marketplace and we can get the Mexican Cartels out of our National Forests and Parks.

Buoy

Cynical Sarcastic F-er
Reaction score
we can get the Mexican Cartels out of our National Forests and Parks.

Mexican cartels will just concentrate on other drugs, or move on to some other money making illegal activity... taking hostages, weapons, etc.

U4ia

Reaction score
Mexican cartels will just concentrate on other drugs, or move on to some other money making illegal activity... taking hostages, weapons, etc.

Course they will, but it will get them out of our parks and forests and stop the mass pollution and damage they caused. And it will be safe to hunt and hike again without worrying about stumbling into some grow operation in the back country.

havasu2

Reaction score
Little excitement for the day.
Undercover (masked) cops kicked in the door of the dispensary down the driveway. Two fire trucks pulled up. 8-10 cops milling about down there.
Garden Grove's taking back the streets!! :thumbsup