WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Marine Transmissions In SoCal?

Mondorally

Reaction score
I need to replace the case on a powerglide. Its in a 22' Schiada - Blown BBC to a #4 Speedmaster. The case is cracked at the bellhousing.

Three Questions:

1. Should I go for a two piece housing or a one piece? Does it matter for a marine application?
2. Any brand recommendations? Stock? Dedenbear (Reid Racing)? JW? ATI?
3. Who should I have swap the parts?

Thanks!

500bbc

Reaction score
I need to replace the case on a powerglide. Its in a 22' Schiada - Blown BBC to a #4 Speedmaster. The case is cracked at the bellhousing.

Three Questions:

1. Should I go for a two piece housing or a one piece? Does it matter for a marine application?
2. Any brand recommendations? Stock? Dedenbear (Reid Racing)? JW? ATI?
3. Who should I have swap the parts?

Thanks!

Call Art Carr Transmissions to start.:D

GoFastRacer

Nobody
Reaction score
That is a big heavy boat how much power is in that blown motor??, how come the case cracked, too much power or not mounted right???.. If you have a ton of power you may want to consider a TH400, it will take the power and is cheaper than beefing up a PG to take the power in that boat. Also you won't have that real wide gear spread, use second for take off and first for dock area, makes maneuvering a breeze!.... Just something to think about!....

Mondorally

Reaction score
That is a big heavy boat how much power is in that blown motor??, how come the case cracked, too much power or not mounted right???.. If you have a ton of power you may want to consider a TH400, it will take the power and is cheaper than beefing up a PG to take the power in that boat. Also you won't have that real wide gear spread, use second for take off and first for dock area, makes maneuvering a breeze!.... Just something to think about!....

Just guessing approx. 700hp. It looks like metal fatigue (its an '86) and the bellhousing cracked when re-installing the motor rather than under power.

How long are the TH400's? I would prefer not to get into moving engine/trans mounts if possible.

D

Deleted Account

Just guessing approx. 700hp. It looks like metal fatigue (its an '86) and the bellhousing cracked when re-installing the motor rather than under power.

How long are the TH400's? I would prefer not to get into moving engine/trans mounts if possible.

The T400's are a fair amount longer. I don't think that would work well in your boat. Motor would be pushed too far forward, unless you just want a two seater?;)

BDMar

B & D Marine
Reaction score
Give me a call. We have been using the same guy for over 20 years on all our transmissions. He has been much better than ANYONE else we have tried.
Brian
626-443-3721