WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Mark Cuban - lost all respect in 1 sentence

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
Pre Covid NBA has had steady declining attendance and viewers.
It’ll continue its downward spiral.

Too many games, too many teams with player talent spread too thin.

just_floatin

Reaction score
Surprise Surprise. Another commie comes out of the closet. It’s all about the “money-money”
Chinese National Anthem
BDAA1D2A-92BC-4C8C-887F-E6FB02B4A972.jpeg

sirbob

Reaction score
Hard to believe it took 13 home games for anybody to notice and ask him about it.

He was starting to think his plan to avoid the controversy went off without a hitch! Then someone noticed 😳

BingerFang

Reaction score
I was on the same page as everyone else here, but then I thought about it more.

By removing the national anthem from a basketball game, he’s essentially taking away his BLM players largest broadcasted platform to “protest”. This is beautiful because at the end of the day they are getting paid to be basketball players, not social justice warriors.

Shut up and dribble!!!!

Last edited:

Singleton

Reaction score
You had respect for a Texan democrat?!

Yes, based on some of the business things he did when younger
It has been declining for a few years and went to zero when I read the article yesterday

Desert Whaler

Reaction score
Always thought that guy had the thick-skulled 'Mongoloid' look going on . . . you know, that 1 extra 'Y-Chromosome' thing , kinda 'Herman Munster style.
Guess I was right. :cool:
Screen Shot 2021-02-10 at 7.27.16 AM.png

Last edited:

Boat 405

Reaction score
To be the contrarian in the group I never understood what the national anthem had to do with organized sports anyway.

I'm not at all anti anthem, I just never understood the connection to begin with.

It used to mean paying respect to our country and the men and women who died for us protecting our freedoms. Allowing us to participate in the activities we do today.

For me that is what it still means.

Last edited:

propcheck

Reaction score
that slimy elitist will do what ever helps him gain the good graces of emperor Joa Bi-dum as they move forward with the billion dollar relationships they are building with the communists.

Uncle Dave

Reaction score
It used to mean paying respect to our country and the men and women who died for us and protecting our freedoms. Allowing us to participate in the activities we do today.
For me that is what it still means to me.

As a kid that said the pledge of allegiance every morning Im with you on that part
Which is why when its being performed you STFU take off your hat and place you hand over your heart.

Thing is it was never applied universally, some things had it, others not.

I dont recall Tennis, or Golf doing it, bowling, or other organized sports. It always seemed a bit weird to me why here and not there.

QC22

Landing Loser
Reaction score
I dont recall Tennis, or Golf doing it, bowling, or other organized sports. It always seemed a bit weird to me why here and not there.
Golf and Tennis are different in that there are multiple start times, and a lot of foreign players, so that makes sense to me.

I've done a lot of business in Europe and the UK in particular. One of my "colleagues" once said to me, "What I love about you Americans is your "Patriocy". He said it very strange PAT - triosee. I finally figured out, he meant how patriotic we are. He specifically mentioned the National Anthem at events. I wanna keep it that way!

Desert Whaler

Reaction score
Who remembers the 'Little League Pledge' ?
Where both teams lined-up on the 1st & 3rd baselines . . . one player would go to the mound.
He'd read each line out loud, and all the players would repeat . . .

I trust in God.
I love my country and will respect its laws.
I will play fair and strive to win.

But win or lose I will always do my best.

This country could use a dose of that right about now . . ..

Uncle Dave

Reaction score
Golf and Tennis are different in that there are multiple start times, and a lot of foreign players, so that makes sense to me.

I've done a lot of business in Europe and the UK in particular. One of my "colleagues" once said to me, "What I love about you Americans is your "Patriocy". He said it very strange PAT - triosee. I finally figured out, he meant how patriotic we are. He specifically mentioned the National Anthem at events. I wanna keep it that way!

yeah sort of...there is always a period before the first match or player starts, especially in a televised event.

Im so old I remember when TV stations played the nation anthem at like 1 AM - then " shut off" for the night. With color bars, or an Indian head chart and a 1K tone.

Last edited:

Hydroman55

Reaction score
Continues to wreck the country for even more money.
So he needs more money, what is enough, how many billions does one need?
Hates the country that made him rich and loves China, BLM, etc.

sirbob

Reaction score
Shows who is still watching the games I guess.

While I get your point - I think the reality is they did not let people in and they usually don’t show it on TV (other than super bowl etc).

Monday was I think the first time (a few thousand?) people were in the crowd?

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
While I get your point - I think the reality is they did not let people in and they usually don’t show it on TV (other than super bowl etc).

Monday was I think the first time (a few thousand?) people were in the crowd?

That’s true.

Reactions: DWC

Uncle Dave

Reaction score
I was on the same page as everyone else here, but then I thought about it more.

By removing the national anthem from a basketball game, he’s essentially taking away his BLM players largest broadcasted platform to “protest”. This is beautiful because at the end of the day they are getting paid to be basketball players, not social justice warriors.

Shut up and dribble!!!!

This may really be the case.

Although effective in removing their platform its kind of a weak play vs confronting your paid talent on their behavior.

2Driver

Reaction score
Ha, He’s the one that went on record saying if Trump got elected the stock market would crash.

Playing suck up to the peole that line his pocket, sell out the country, who cares right Mark?

BingerFang

Reaction score
This may really be the case.

Although effective in removing their platform its kind of a weak play vs confronting your paid talent on their behavior.

We’ve seen how the latter turns out.... it’s never pretty to have an owner go against their players or vice versa. Removing the anthem completely is the perfect “check mate” to the players and their beliefs because it really doesn’t matter what they believe in. They are only getting paid to put a ball in a hoop.

For example- Colin Caperknuckle is a shitty quarterback that is only rich and famous because of his protest to the national anthem.... without the nfl platform to disrespect the men and women that served our country he would just be another washed up player that has to get a normal job because his nfl career didn’t work out.

Uncle Dave

Reaction score
We’ve seen how the latter turns out.... it’s never pretty to have an owner go against their players or vice versa. Removing the anthem completely is the perfect “check mate” to the players and their beliefs because it really doesn’t matter what they believe in. They are only getting paid to put a ball in a hoop.

For example- Colin Caperknuckle is a shitty quarterback that is only rich and famous because of his protest to the national anthem.... without the nfl platform to disrespect the men and women that served our country he would just be another washed up player that has to get a normal job because his nfl career didn’t work out.

On the first paragraph for sure. By removing the platform you force the hand.

You can be offended by it as many are, or see it as an ultimate expression of 1a.

No inclusion or lack of song or flag ever changed my love for my country.

port austin pirate

Reaction score
I saw an interview Cuban did a few months back, he said he didnt care about conditions in China or what they were doeing period becuase they had the bucks and were spending lots on the nba hes a total fkning all about lining my pockets prick.

nowski

Reaction score
Looks like Richard Branson doesn't care much for Cuban either.

Best seen ever on Shark Tank.

Outdrive1

Outdrive1 Marine Sales https://www.outdrive1.com/
Reaction score
Cuban said the NBA refuses to enforce the rule that players and coaches must stand for NA. So he decided not to start games with the NA so that they can’t kneel.

Genius if you ask me, since everyone refuses to do anything about it.

Funny how it’s twisted around like he’s a bad guy and anti American. Noone ever looks anything up or does any research, just break out the pitch forks. The fucking mob of hate is relentless. [emoji849]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Uncle Dave

Reaction score
Cuban said the NBA refuses to enforce the rule that players and coaches must stand for NA. So he decided not to start games with the NA so that they can’t kneel.

Funny how it’s twisted around like he’s a bad guy and anti American. Noone ever looks anything up or does any research, just break out the pitch forks. The fucking mob of hate is relentless. [emoji849]

Yup

This elicited emotions first logic (a distant) 2nd reactions.

I dont like being bracketed into what everyone else defines as patriotic. Especially over a meaningless event like a bunch of guys playing a game.

spectras only

Reaction score
Whenever we have racers coming from the US on Canadian racetracks, national anthems played with the visitor's first, to show respect. What some of you guys say, national anthems is not necessary at sports venues, tell that to the olympic organizers. ;) You think they will drop playing the national anthem for the Gold medal winners? Don't think so. And that Cuban guy, he should move to Cuba, land of the free. :p

DWC

Reaction score
In breaking news.. This shit is gonna get good. He’s an arrogant a-hole. Doubt he just rolls over.

8027D669-BDDD-4C37-8E05-595CD88333BB.jpeg

D19

Reaction score
Change happens slow not overnight. The fact that this is even a hot topic in today's society clearly shows that we are witnessing the end of The United States of America. They are slowly chipping away at our traditions and by the time the masses notice what's happening, it will be too late or they'll be programmed to believe in some new ideology always.

Hydroman55

Reaction score

Little confused here....so if what you say is true, if he appreciated country and was thankful for everything it has afforded him, HE SHOULD ENFORCE the rule!
Stand and if you disrespect with kneeling or whatever your gone period.

Last edited:

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score

But that is not why he did it.

CJ_Donahue

Reaction score
Everything he's done in the last 10 years has been politically motivated and he plays the the long game. Like it or not, I think he will be the next president.

just_floatin

Reaction score
Who remembers the 'Little League Pledge' ?
Where both teams lined-up on the 1st & 3rd baselines . . . one player would go to the mound.
He'd read each line out loud, and all the players would repeat . . .

I trust in God.
I love my country and will respect its laws.
I will play fair and strive to win.

But win or lose I will always do my best.

This country could use a dose of that right about now . . ..
YES!

BingerFang

Reaction score
LOL. Now the NBA is demanding he play the National Anthem so players can kneel on TV..... what a SHIT SHOW.